Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 45)

not a strike, you missed the point...probably the nickname not a good choice :) - MTStriker

Posted: Aug 19th, 2015 - 9:39 am In Reply to: Reality check - Go for it

and that is the kind of attitude that basically has kept us down all these years, sorry to say, my opinion. This is not striking, it is something else, an alternative when there is no union.

We may not be nurses, but we are still important to the entire picture, because billing comes directly from these reports we transcribe, and that is money. This is what turn-around time is all about, money. Overseas mostly operates during our midnights, that is from what I understand from most companies who use both...and the overseas MTs are not all that happy, either. If we could work with them and have a coalition, imagine how powerful we could be. Of course, technology is probably going to win over all of us someday...

Also, everyone is important, and from people I know, teachers are making over 60-70,000 dollars a year, and police in our state over 60,000 - I am at 20,000 right now when I used to be 45,000.

I heard a male manager once say women MTs (women in general) were like cats in a sack - it is a shame. Men do stick more together (like the post below), and seem to leave the job behind when they go home. They might fight each other in the office, but then they quit at 5 and go shoot baskets together, or go have a drink together. How many times have you seen women do that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)