Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 49)

EHR and wrong information - all smiles

Posted: Aug 16th, 2015 - 1:18 pm

Post about the problem with EHR.

There seems to be no way to get erroneous information contained in the EHR record out of it. This increases mortality and morbidity because the erroneous information is accessible by every clinic and hospital in that system.

I drafted a letter and am sending it to the secretary of HHS with a copy to Barack Obama.

Recall the $140 million lawsuit because a nurse gave 80 units of Lantus instead of 8 units? That went down like this: The nurse at the rehab facility printed out the hospital discharge summary that contained Lantus 80 units instead of 8 units. The nurse then created a MAR from the medication list on the discharge summary. The patient got 80 units of Lantus and died. This involved: A transcription company, its offshore counterpart, the subcontractor of its offshore counterpart, the acute care facility with the completed discharge summary, the nurse at the rehabilitation facility and finally the doctor in charge of the patient at the rehabilitation facilty.

I am sending a letter to the below because I have erroneous information in my record that is clearly erroneous and cannot be removed. Every time I go to another practitioner in that field, it is there.

I ask of you three things: First, check your record at each facility you go to. Second, send a latter or e-mail to the below to point out the problem - not being able to get erroneous information out of the record, and that this problem will create increased mortality and morbidity. Finally, create your record and carry it with out. I have my record with my diagnoses, my medications, my surgeries, my practitioners and their contact numbers, my vaccinations, my allergies (yes in 4-point font) printed out and wrapped around my driver's license and medical insurance card. If I cannot speak for myself, they will look for my driver's license and will find my health record.

Below are the contacts:

Sylvia Matthews Burwell
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Toll Free: 1-877-696-6775

White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)