Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Andrews crew.. (Views: 33)

EHR and erroneous information - - all smiles

Posted: Aug 17th, 2015 - 12:06 am In Reply to: EHR and wrong information - all smiles

Always has been true that whomever created the information is the ONLY one who can redact/correct/remove the information sans a HIM conference on the record.

The problem: When your medical information is shared amongst several facilities, the erroneous information is available to all those facilities.

So I go to facility C, they instantly pull up my already created record from another facility, read the diagnoses, then the list of medications, and I say,

What? I do not take that med and have never taken it. Please remove it from the list.

And they say: Only the person who entered it can remove it.

And you say: Well who entered it?

And they say, "Sarah Jones is what it says here."

And you say, "Where is Sarah Jones. I've never met that person and don't know who she is."

And they say, "We don't know. She is at one of the facilities that you went to that are connected to our system. She can change it but I cannot."

Now that is the picture the EHR sharing amongst facilities is creating.

Which HIM department at which facility should I go to to get the erroneous information entered by Sarah Jones (who is where) removed?

This information is shared with every Mercy Clinic around town as well as with all 4 Mercy Hospitals as well as with some private clinics that are associated with the Mercy system.

Yea, good luck finding Sarah Jones.

That's the picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)