A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l j-mar 2 setting (Dupuytren/hand strength) - Stuck again

Posted: Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following:

His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting. 

Any ideas??? 

j-mar - notsonewbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Jamar

THANK YOU - nm - Stuck again

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Help With Dupuytren's Contracture Sm
Aug 08, 2013

The ring finger has a small Dupuytren’s contracture.  I carefully dissected the skin away from that and removed the Dupuytren’s contracture s/l "as-----tal" procedure in order to visualize the flexor tendon of the long finger.   Sorry, I hear as in the beginning and "tal" or just "al" at the end.  Not even sure if as goes with the word or not.  Thanks!  ...

Pt Had Dupuytren's Release. Exam Reveals Well Healed S/l C-plasty
Oct 14, 2010

x ...

5-/5 Strength??
Nov 05, 2009

He dictates 5/5 strength in the right upper extremity and then says "left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength in all of those groups except his triceps, which is just slightly diminished at 5 minus out of 5 strength."  It's not -5/5 strength is it?  Thanks.   ...

Someone Please Help Me. I Need Strength.
Mar 25, 2010

I am sitting here with my favorite 5 year old robe on (my security blanket, holes and all), clenching onto my lucky charm giraffe (helps me rise above my problems), and staring at a burning candle on my desk, praying to the great spirit to help me. I don't have the guts to go into my bank account yet to look at my paycheck.  I probably can't read it anyway, my eyeballs are swelled shut from crying all night worried about it.  My head is throbbing and my extremities ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

Is There Such A Thing As 4++/5 Strength
Mar 24, 2011

I've heard of 4+/5, and he just used that for strength in the upper extremity, but then he said 4++/5 strength of the lower extremity.  Is there such a thing as ++ or do you think he just accidentally said it twice.  I'm not finding anything anywhere.   Thx. mt ...

Pt Had Dupuytren's Release. "Will Place Him Into A S/l Amleg Extension Splint" Nm T
Nov 25, 2009

x ...

Shoulder Strength Test Position
Jan 20, 2014

"his strength is 3-4+/5+ in the *sis* position as well as in abduction.  His passive glenohumeral range of motion is 80-20-10."  It sounds like he is saying "cyst", but that doesn't make sense to me.   ...

Setting Up A Server
Nov 26, 2009

Has anyone out there set up a server for your business? If so, how complicated was it, and is iit worth the investment?  I have about 10 MTs (small business).  I think this would save a lot of time and frustration if we had a server... Anyone who can share their opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Help With Windows Setting
Oct 13, 2010

I'm struggling with getting my "new" computer up and running.  Of course, it isn't a new computer, because we have to have Windows XP.  Grrrr. I can't figure out how to get my windows to open to full screen - or maybe 2/3 size like my old, now deceased, computer.  I get a small centered square no matter what program  I open, and have to maximize every time I open a window.  I've done it before, but have absolutely no recollection of how. ...

Quality Bar Setting
Mar 10, 2012

Just read an article in the AARP Bulletin that 1 in 7 Medicare patients died or were harmed by their hospital care and the number of patients who die each year from preventable hospital errors is equal to 4 full jumbo jets crashing EACH WEEK.  They can't figure out what to do about it.  Maybe auditing the employees like crazy and holding them to a 99% accuracy standard and cutting their pay 50% if they don't meet it like MMMMMModal/Q?  Sure seems to work for me :) ...

TTD - Setting It Straight
Jun 10, 2012

I used to work there for approx. a year or so, before it really went down the toilet. I believe that sheer GREED set it and that's when it went downhill. Although I no longer work there, I have kept contact with some pretty reliable people. There are "100s" who are on the books to work; however, they work when they want, IF they want - there is absolutely no consistency to schedule or hours or days, nothing. Thus, the need to have that many people; the HOPE that someone will be working ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

I Work For Orthopedics-----weak Innerocity(innerosity) Of Strength
Aug 02, 2012

dr is talking about the hand. weak innerocity of strength? ...

Setting Up Outlook Express
Feb 15, 2010

I need help setting up Outlook Express from scratch.  I need help with everything.  I guess I am really dumb. ...

Setting Up Clinic Account
Jun 07, 2011

I did transcription for a physician about 15 years ago (drove 20 miles to his office, picked up tapes and returned finished product 2-3 times a week).  He is unhappy with his current transcription service and wants me to do it again.  He uses a digital recorder now and I am not sure how to set things up so I can do it online or through email.  I would greatly appreciate any direction or advice in this area.  ...

Express Scribe Setting?
Oct 06, 2011

Hi I am using Express Scribe 5.24 and need to have the pedals set for rewind timing.. I mean the center pedal that when you release it will self rewind say 3 to 5 seconds   Cant find that, where might that be? ...

Which Setting Do You Have Your Audio Speed On?
Jan 16, 2014

I've always kept mine on 0.8 and thought it was perfect but turned it up yesterday to 1.0 and didn't really notice too much difference.  I like it right around there because I am able to hear every nuance of what is dictated and rarely miss any of the small details.  I read on a different thread that someone else kept theirs much faster so it got me curious what the "average" is.  Is mine ridiculously slow or are some of you just ridiculously fast?  :) ...

Is There A Way To Change The Setting On The Auto Save?
Sep 08, 2010

I think that is one thing that is slowing my computer down.  I notice it gets real sluggish and then the "Auto Save" flases in the bottom tool bar.  ...

Well They Are Setting Us Up For The Next Pay Cut. Classes On Improving Our Keystrokes While Doing A
Nov 04, 2010

nm ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Where To Locate The Foot Pedal Setting On My Computer
Mar 31, 2013

Could someone please tell me where to locate the foot pedal setting on my computer when I want to change what type of pedal I am using?  I haven't done it in so long I can't remember where it is located.  Have been looking all day for it!!!!  Help, please.  Thank you. ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Half-strength Fizzy-paque Or Vizzy-paque Contrast?
Dec 22, 2011

I have an Op note (for patient with thoracic aneurysm) in which half-strength Fizzy-paque or Vizzy-paque contrast is used to decrease the contrast load for patient. Any ideas on the contrast name? Thanks! ...