A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

i work for orthopedics-----weak innerocity(innerosity) of strength - tlbow

Posted: Aug 02, 2012

dr is talking about the hand. weak innerocity of strength?

Most likely interosity of strength. - IAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

no such word - (!)

[ In Reply To ..]

HMMM, guess when I found it in my research - IAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
in an orthopedic journal article the orthopedist and the publisher were wrong in thinking it was a word. I will be sure to let them know!!!! Oh, but maybe they are right and you are wrong saying there was no such word. HMMMM, could that be possible???

interossei maybe - sm - orthomt

[ In Reply To ..]
hard to say for certain without more context.

ortho - kt16

[ In Reply To ..]
interossei

Interosseous - JW

[ In Reply To ..]
Could be the doctor's word for interosseous. According to pogofrog.com there is no such word, interosity.

Similar Messages:

Hand Exam: Pt Has Weak S/l *APB And Slightly Weak FB*.
Oct 19, 2010

x ...

Pes Cavus With Weak Struts
Mar 03, 2013

I swear this doctor is saying "pes calvus with weak struts and ankle dorsiflexion". I cannot confirm struts as a body part and she has no orthotics nor can I think of what else she might be saying. ANy help?? ...

Text On Forums Showing Up Weak
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone know why when I'm typing in the message field here, the font is coming out rather light and choppy? Example: Part of the "f" letter is missing. (All the letters have an issue.) This happens on my computer as well as another computer in my household--so it's not something with just my computer. The Subject field, Nickname/Alias field and E-mail field type out fine. The final product after physically submitting is showing up fine. ...

5-/5 Strength??
Nov 05, 2009

He dictates 5/5 strength in the right upper extremity and then says "left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength in all of those groups except his triceps, which is just slightly diminished at 5 minus out of 5 strength."  It's not -5/5 strength is it?  Thanks.   ...

Someone Please Help Me. I Need Strength.
Mar 25, 2010

I am sitting here with my favorite 5 year old robe on (my security blanket, holes and all), clenching onto my lucky charm giraffe (helps me rise above my problems), and staring at a burning candle on my desk, praying to the great spirit to help me. I don't have the guts to go into my bank account yet to look at my paycheck.  I probably can't read it anyway, my eyeballs are swelled shut from crying all night worried about it.  My head is throbbing and my extremities ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

Is There Such A Thing As 4++/5 Strength
Mar 24, 2011

I've heard of 4+/5, and he just used that for strength in the upper extremity, but then he said 4++/5 strength of the lower extremity.  Is there such a thing as ++ or do you think he just accidentally said it twice.  I'm not finding anything anywhere.   Thx. mt ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Shoulder Strength Test Position
Jan 20, 2014

"his strength is 3-4+/5+ in the *sis* position as well as in abduction.  His passive glenohumeral range of motion is 80-20-10."  It sounds like he is saying "cyst", but that doesn't make sense to me.   ...

Help With Orthopedics Please
Jun 07, 2010

Dictated .... "I took down the outside dressing to just look, left the S/L **boltrous** in place, and the skin graft looks excellent."   TIA ...

Orthopedics Job
Mar 18, 2011

I've been offered part-time transcription at home, working for one orthopedic surgeon.  I've got over 12 years experience in many specialties, but have never done orthopedics.  The interview is next week. Any advice on how best I could prepare to work in this specialty for the first time?  It sounds like a great opportunity, but at the beginning a lot of the terminology would be very difficult for me.  I won't have a QA person monitoring my work ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Orthopedics Brace
Jun 29, 2010

Good morning!  Look for the correct spelling of Lavine brace ... is it lavine, Lavine, levine, Levine?  Child has Osgood-Schlatter's and doc wants to brace him up.  ...

New To Orthopedics - Need Word Help!
Jun 01, 2010

I am new to an orthopedics account with a dictator who is so marble mouthed, I feel like crying!  Here is the sentence: His ___ s/l signal within the lateral femoral condyle and medial patellar facet suggest patellar subluxation as well as some ____ s/l signal up in the medial retinaculum.  Any help would be appreciated -- I am not having a good time tonight...   ...

Orthopedics - Brace
Apr 05, 2011

Patient with bibasilar thumb arthritis.  A s/l 282 brace discussed.  She wants to hold off. Thank you in advance. ...

I Have An Interview W/MD-IT (orthopedics)
Jul 18, 2011

I have an interview w/MD-IT (orthopedics) and wondered if anyone has any knowledge about this company that they would like to share.  I originally applied to them a while back, took the test, but they filled the position.  They contacted me about a part-time position if I was still available and have set up an interview.  If you have worked for them, do they put you in a general "pool" and you just grab whatever is next or do they give you a schedule (like a particular doctor to transcribe fo ...

Orthopedics Term
Dec 29, 2013

The patient has low back pain. Doc says he did Kemp's test, Bechterew's test and what s/l "Niapoo's" test? I've searched so many spellings without finding it.  Anyone know the term? ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

Pink Thumb - Orthopedics
Jul 28, 2010

Anyone ever heard of pink thumb?  Her thumb started to pink up and she has numbness in her thumb, completely, with pink thumb with an area of ecchymosis  Thanks. ...

Orthopedics- S/l Cater Or Carried Her
Aug 04, 2010

It was obvious that it was impinging in the anterior aspect of the shoulder as we s/l cater or carried her into about 95 degrees of a reduction with internal rotation. Can't figure this one out. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Orthopedics Words Trustworthy Websites?
Nov 17, 2011

Doing all orthopedics now, wondering if there are any seasoned orthopedics MTs that can refer me to some websites that you trust for terminology.  Thanks.  ...

Orthopedics, S/l Paroko Testing. Any Ideas? TIA Nm
Apr 19, 2012

sss ...

Re Job On Jobs Board, Orthopedics With E/M. What Does E/M Stand For?
Sep 05, 2012

x ...

S/l Gatlin's Test/orthopedics. See Message
May 22, 2014

The patient has a negative straight leg raise bilaterally and a negative s/l "gatlin's" test bilaterally.  Any help appreciated.  ...

Orthopedics: I See No Progression Of The Mild Grade 1 VSD Distally. She Does
Nov 05, 2009

have varicosities, but there is no progression....I did talk to her about swimming and cycling as other activities to maintain quad strength and keep her weight down for both her joint disease as well as risk of VSD. I can not figure out what VSD stands for.  He says it very clearly.  All my searches turn up ventricular septal defect, but his use of the word "distally" makes me think he is not talking about that.  Plus, this is an orthopedist. ...

We Discussed The Possibility Of A S/l Cozen's Deformity (orthopedics)
Apr 11, 2012

We also discussed the possibility of a Cozen's deformity. I have encouraged mom to seek follow up if she notices any asymmetry between his legs. ...

Sailor / Saylor Sign For Orthopedics Or Radiographs
Feb 08, 2014

Hello MT's,  I am looking for a sailor sign or a saylor sign.  He refers to it during a radiographic review and may or may not be related to the radiocapitellar region.  However, the more I reread what he says, the more I think it is a radiographic sign or signal.  Anyone?? ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...