A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well they are setting us up for the next pay cut. Classes on improving our keystrokes while doing A - MqMt

Posted: Nov 04, 2010

nm

not to mention weekly updates - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
How discouraging will those productivity emails get? Will it be any different than the emails from the CCMs telling how low our line counts are or how we are near or at minimum wage?

Well they are setting us up - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
So whats new with this company. Everything they do, and I mean EVERYTHING, is designed to keep the MT guessing, keep the MT in a state of complete frustration and stress, constantly finding new ways to nit pick the MT to death and thereby lower salaries. Even their so called incentive weekends are so difficult to reach that you end up working "extra" for them with "nothing extra" for the MT. I'm getting out soon and which everyone else could also.

my "dedication is very much appreciated" - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
but not enough to get me any decent wage, effers

Minimum wage - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think their goal is to keep chipping away at us until we're all making minimum wage.

minimum wage!! - dreamer

[ In Reply To ..]
With all the NJA this past few weeks, I am not even making minimum wage!!

Already being paid minimum wage - 98% ASR now. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thoughts on that - Still around?

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't believe MQ has still more dirty tricks up its sleeve. They're probably thinking "They're STILL around after we've been trying to make it so difficult for them to work??" (Kind of like in the Austin Powers movie when the brunette gets shot by a bazooka, falls out of a window and Austin keeps saying "Why won't you die?") Since so many of us are bordering on minimum wage now, what can they possibly do to push us out LEGALLY, and without them having to pay us minimum wage. That's obviously their goal: Either offshore or just keep those happy with getting only 3 cents a line (what the Indians get paid).

Increase productivity???? - Kittymama

[ In Reply To ..]
I see that phrase often in their emails regarding ASR. Are they crazy? There is not enough work as it is, yet they want us to be more productive and have more NJA?

Personally, I am not as productive as I could be because the faster I go, the sooner I run out of my primary and get shifted to unfamiliar accounts or NJA. I get bogged down with these and it breaks my rhythm.

So I go slower the first part of my shift until the work comes and then type/edit like crazy. Works out the same either way, can't make enough money.

MedQuist Misery - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried to post earlier tonight about the company I work for to let you guys know there are still good transcription companies out there. Even gave the name of the company and how to apply. BUT, I was flagged as soliciting. Sorry, I guess everyone will just have to wade through the muck and mire of the companies like I did to find it. Sorry to all who thought I was a recruiter. Just trying to help you guys out.

Can you post on company board? Please - anon nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
MedQuist Misery - Happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I will. Look for Happy MT.

Increased Productivity on MQ Updates not MTs - MTLoser

[ In Reply To ..]
First, I work exactly like you do, slow on the first part of the shift, despirately trying not to get "foreign" hospitals. But here is what I want to say on the ASR. Every time they upgrade they remove/change stuff that was "fixed" before the upgrade. For instance my account has mixed headings in PE and ROS, but now they are back to coming to us capitalized which takes time to change. We have no one to report problems to with the ASR like missing words which never seem to get corrected no matter how much we block and highlight before making the change. Any productivity issues are with MQ, the MTs work their butts off.

Next Pay Cut - Wendi970

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I understand. The poster below said (s)he was offered 4 cents per line for ASR and that it was set in stone. Another poster said that must be the pay for ASR on the horizon, which makes the e-mail make sense. They are going to help us be more efficient so we will not vomit when they cut our ASR pay to 4 cents per line.

That may be what finally makes me throw in the - towel when they cut

[ In Reply To ..]
me to 4 cpl. I just don't think I can do that unless I just can't pay my bills any other way. I am making about 50-60% of what I used to make already; just don't know if I can swallow another cut.

I agree nm - violetsky

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

New MT, Accuracy Is Not Improving
May 27, 2013

I started at Nuance about a month ago. I am a new MT, graduated from CareerStep with Honors at 94%. I've been transcribing for 2.5 weeks now. I have quite a bit of anxiety because my QC scores are not improving, sometimes even getting worse. I seem to have troubles with numbers in particular. I will listen through labs or vital signs again and again and I am sure that I am hearing 116, not 160. I am just beginning to feel hopeless, like I am not good enough. A goal of 99% seems so far when ...

Wmx Work Flow Improving?
Nov 09, 2009

Am I just lucky a.k.a. crazy, or is there quite a bit more work lately.  There has been OT on at least 2 of my accounts fairly often and I haven't ran out of work for over 2 weeks now.  I don't know if some people have quit, we have picked up new accounts or what, but I am ever-so-grateful.  I had picked up a PT job about a month ago when things were low, now I am killing myself trying to do over 60 hours a week, but afraid to let the part time gig go.    ...

Silent Type MTs - Things Are Definitely Not Improving
Apr 03, 2013

Well, it's now April and things are definitely not improving, may be even worse. It's to the point where I dread looking at my direct deposit on payday. I guess it's a good thing I don't rely solely on that measly paycheck. While you're sitting around with no work, you may want to check out the post on the Main Board about engaged to wait. Sound familiar? ...

Setting Up A Server
Nov 26, 2009

Has anyone out there set up a server for your business? If so, how complicated was it, and is iit worth the investment?  I have about 10 MTs (small business).  I think this would save a lot of time and frustration if we had a server... Anyone who can share their opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Help With Windows Setting
Oct 13, 2010

I'm struggling with getting my "new" computer up and running.  Of course, it isn't a new computer, because we have to have Windows XP.  Grrrr. I can't figure out how to get my windows to open to full screen - or maybe 2/3 size like my old, now deceased, computer.  I get a small centered square no matter what program  I open, and have to maximize every time I open a window.  I've done it before, but have absolutely no recollection of how. ...

Quality Bar Setting
Mar 10, 2012

Just read an article in the AARP Bulletin that 1 in 7 Medicare patients died or were harmed by their hospital care and the number of patients who die each year from preventable hospital errors is equal to 4 full jumbo jets crashing EACH WEEK.  They can't figure out what to do about it.  Maybe auditing the employees like crazy and holding them to a 99% accuracy standard and cutting their pay 50% if they don't meet it like MMMMMModal/Q?  Sure seems to work for me :) ...

TTD - Setting It Straight
Jun 10, 2012

I used to work there for approx. a year or so, before it really went down the toilet. I believe that sheer GREED set it and that's when it went downhill. Although I no longer work there, I have kept contact with some pretty reliable people. There are "100s" who are on the books to work; however, they work when they want, IF they want - there is absolutely no consistency to schedule or hours or days, nothing. Thus, the need to have that many people; the HOPE that someone will be working ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Setting Up Outlook Express
Feb 15, 2010

I need help setting up Outlook Express from scratch.  I need help with everything.  I guess I am really dumb. ...

Setting Up Clinic Account
Jun 07, 2011

I did transcription for a physician about 15 years ago (drove 20 miles to his office, picked up tapes and returned finished product 2-3 times a week).  He is unhappy with his current transcription service and wants me to do it again.  He uses a digital recorder now and I am not sure how to set things up so I can do it online or through email.  I would greatly appreciate any direction or advice in this area.  ...

Express Scribe Setting?
Oct 06, 2011

Hi I am using Express Scribe 5.24 and need to have the pedals set for rewind timing.. I mean the center pedal that when you release it will self rewind say 3 to 5 seconds   Cant find that, where might that be? ...

Which Setting Do You Have Your Audio Speed On?
Jan 16, 2014

I've always kept mine on 0.8 and thought it was perfect but turned it up yesterday to 1.0 and didn't really notice too much difference.  I like it right around there because I am able to hear every nuance of what is dictated and rarely miss any of the small details.  I read on a different thread that someone else kept theirs much faster so it got me curious what the "average" is.  Is mine ridiculously slow or are some of you just ridiculously fast?  :) ...

Mt Classes
Jul 24, 2013

I was at our county fair this afternoon (town of 2200) and I know someone who works in the on-line tech school office and she said that the MT classes are going strong and students are graduating and getting jobs, but apparently they are in-house.  I am going to get the teacher's name and number and call her and see where they are going and how much they are making as this does not make sense at all.  The place the classes come out of is about 80,000 people and I know that all the ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Is There A Way To Change The Setting On The Auto Save?
Sep 08, 2010

I think that is one thing that is slowing my computer down.  I notice it gets real sluggish and then the "Auto Save" flases in the bottom tool bar.  ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Rutherford Classes...sm
Nov 27, 2009

Rutherford classes - should they be Arabic or Roman Numerals?  TIA. ...

Friedman Classes
Mar 13, 2012

I am getting back into typing for ENT and am blaking on how to transcribe "Friedman" classes - is it using roman numerals or arabic?  Friedman class III tonsils, class I palate?  Can anyone shed some light on this? ...

I Want To Take Coding Classes ...
Jun 26, 2012

I want to take coding classes, but the school that everybody says is the best is an online course.  I am an MT, working full time and then some.  The last thing I want to do is sit in front of the computer any more than I already do.  Why can't these classes be offered in a regular class setting?  I've never liked the idea of online school as long as I'm working on line.  Just too much sitting and staring at the screen.  I don't think I'm al ...

Required Classes
Mar 28, 2013

I am furious. Now, we are required to take classes on our own time without being reimbursed. What nerve. ...

Enrich Classes
Jun 26, 2014

Is it just me or are you fed up with this company's requirements to attend online classes to "YOU TOO CAN BE 99% PERFECT"?  I can't get out of this garbage fast enough.  I attended on online class today that I felt I was in romper room.  F- this!  How do any of you continue to put with this company's mandates? ...

Where To Locate The Foot Pedal Setting On My Computer
Mar 31, 2013

Could someone please tell me where to locate the foot pedal setting on my computer when I want to change what type of pedal I am using?  I haven't done it in so long I can't remember where it is located.  Have been looking all day for it!!!!  Help, please.  Thank you. ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

Best Places To Take Coding Classes?
Oct 08, 2010

What are some of the best places to take coding classes?  I want to make sure it is going to teach me and not leace me in the open.  THanks ...

Can You Take Online Classes For Coding?
Dec 20, 2010

I'm new to this board so bear with me.  Having been a MT forever it seems, I'm thinking of making a switch to coding. At one point I was even hired as an entry level coder, learning on the job, but when i position came open in transcription took that as it paid better. In hindsight wish I had stuck with the coding as then could have gone either or even both ways.  My problem would be having to actually "go" to a school in person , but i would want something reputable, not som ...

Taking On Line Classes
Aug 05, 2011

I wonder how many of us transcribers are getting trained in other professions or cross training.  I am going to start an accounting class on line this month.  ...

I Forget. How Are Classes Transcribed? Sm
Jan 18, 2012

Class four heart disease. ...

Books For Coding Classes (sm)
Mar 17, 2012

We are using the book "Basic ICD-9-CM Coding."  I would like to know what other books other schools are using for Coding I.  I do not think this book is the best for me!  Can anyone suggest any others? ...

Medical Coding Classes
Jun 16, 2012

Trying to decide which online course for medical coding to take.  I am hearing Andrews college talked about quite a bit and have researched them but will not be covered by my FSSA grant. anyone have any input on online coding courses that would be covered by my FSSA grant? Unfortunately finances are a big determining factor. ...