A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Setting up jump points in Word and IT - Old Woman

Posted: Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this?

Jump commands in IT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, assuming you are using IT 7, you can find instructions on how to create Jump commands on their FAQ page under Command entries (specifically the How do I insert fields into an entry? question)

Thanks! I will check it out!! Nm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Word 2010 Jump Codes
Nov 23, 2010

Hi again.  So, I got the jump codes to work in my word documents by using ctl f9 but for whatever reason, it won't save on my template.  Anyone have any suggestions on this issue?  Also, how do I make a "macro" for numbering.... ??? ...

Creating Jump Codes In Word 2010.
Sep 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to create a jump code in Word 2010? I downloaded the instructions for Word 2008 from this site and I can't get it to work. I normally have my jump macro as ALT-J which is supposed to jump to * and then delete it. Would be eternally grateful if you can help me with this. Hittin 30+ years in transcription . . . wish I could afford to retire!! :( Thanks again!!! ...

3 POINTS OFF FOR WHAT?????
Nov 16, 2013

If you got the same email I did, then you are obviously doing the same account. Okay, it's bad enough that we have to deal with these perfect beings that talk 100 miles a minute, yawn, eat while dictating, change things back and forth (is it a he or a she?), thank God the typewriting days are over....remember the go back and change blah, blah, blah.... They are dictating next to a beeping machine or on a speaker phone, or are too lazy to put in the number or will spell Mary for you but n ...

What Are Wow Points?
Jun 09, 2015

Seriously what is the perks program? I need a new computer, if it is even a little cheaper it helps..But I earn wow points and what does that get me in life? Of course, I will price shop because bets are I can find a computer cheaper, just curious.. ...

Deduction Points!??
Oct 26, 2009

Got an e-mail this morning that apparently a DOCTOR is entering the wrong access code and " If this information is dictated and not corrected on the ADT screen, it is a 3.0 point deduction, which often times will cause a failed audit score with this error alone."  So, what I get from this memo is that now we are suppose to know what their access codes are??  AND if I don't my report gets audited?  Do you other transcriptionists know what each of the physician access cod ...

ACUPUNCTURE POINTS Anyone??
Jan 22, 2012

Doc is dictating acupuncture at following points, CV6, stomach (20x30/25 bilaterally) OR (10 x 325 bilaterally).....  anyone know how this should be transcribed?  No luck finding any info on the net so far.... ...

I Cannot Do This Any Longer, Having Points Taken Off Because
Mar 06, 2014

of leaving out the word "a", this is ridiculous. Whenever I think about quitting I feel happy; whenever I think about working I feel sad, micromanaged. Life is TOO short. Just my short rant. ...

Bullet Points In Bayscribe...sm
Jun 11, 2014

Does anyone know if there is a way to use bullet points in the Bayscribe program? Thanks. ...

The Things We Get Points Deducted For, Lol
Mar 08, 2015

How I wrote it:   stay.  However How Nuance wants it:  stay; however   No patient safety issue, and not a critical area, but I got points deducted for it.  It's sad how they find any way take money away from us. ...

Hysterectomy - Bleeding Points Were Treated With Free**
May 23, 2013

bleeding points were treated with free**   help please ...

QA Score Deducting Points If They Are Able To Resolve The Blank...
Jan 29, 2015

Is this new? I just noticed that the last report I had sent to QA had .25 points deducted because they were able to fill in my blank. I know these scores don't count like QC scores do, but I find it bizare that they deduct points for it. I feel like I'm being punished for not being as swift as a QC person. Yikes! I did hear what the doctor said, but it didn't make sense to me so I wanted another opinion before it went to the client. Isn't that what we are supposed to do! ...

Setting Up A Server
Nov 26, 2009

Has anyone out there set up a server for your business? If so, how complicated was it, and is iit worth the investment?  I have about 10 MTs (small business).  I think this would save a lot of time and frustration if we had a server... Anyone who can share their opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Help With Windows Setting
Oct 13, 2010

I'm struggling with getting my "new" computer up and running.  Of course, it isn't a new computer, because we have to have Windows XP.  Grrrr. I can't figure out how to get my windows to open to full screen - or maybe 2/3 size like my old, now deceased, computer.  I get a small centered square no matter what program  I open, and have to maximize every time I open a window.  I've done it before, but have absolutely no recollection of how. ...

Quality Bar Setting
Mar 10, 2012

Just read an article in the AARP Bulletin that 1 in 7 Medicare patients died or were harmed by their hospital care and the number of patients who die each year from preventable hospital errors is equal to 4 full jumbo jets crashing EACH WEEK.  They can't figure out what to do about it.  Maybe auditing the employees like crazy and holding them to a 99% accuracy standard and cutting their pay 50% if they don't meet it like MMMMMModal/Q?  Sure seems to work for me :) ...

TTD - Setting It Straight
Jun 10, 2012

I used to work there for approx. a year or so, before it really went down the toilet. I believe that sheer GREED set it and that's when it went downhill. Although I no longer work there, I have kept contact with some pretty reliable people. There are "100s" who are on the books to work; however, they work when they want, IF they want - there is absolutely no consistency to schedule or hours or days, nothing. Thus, the need to have that many people; the HOPE that someone will be working ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Everyone Will Jump On This Job---
Jan 30, 2012

Saw an ad on another site this morning.  Acute care, all kinds of this and that you need.  For the marvelous cpl of, wait for it, 5 to 6 cents!!!  Don't everyone pile on at one, now! ...

How To Set Up A Jump Key?
Jun 19, 2012

does anyone know how to set up a jump key? ...

Setting Up Outlook Express
Feb 15, 2010

I need help setting up Outlook Express from scratch.  I need help with everything.  I guess I am really dumb. ...

Setting Up Clinic Account
Jun 07, 2011

I did transcription for a physician about 15 years ago (drove 20 miles to his office, picked up tapes and returned finished product 2-3 times a week).  He is unhappy with his current transcription service and wants me to do it again.  He uses a digital recorder now and I am not sure how to set things up so I can do it online or through email.  I would greatly appreciate any direction or advice in this area.  ...

Express Scribe Setting?
Oct 06, 2011

Hi I am using Express Scribe 5.24 and need to have the pedals set for rewind timing.. I mean the center pedal that when you release it will self rewind say 3 to 5 seconds   Cant find that, where might that be? ...

Which Setting Do You Have Your Audio Speed On?
Jan 16, 2014

I've always kept mine on 0.8 and thought it was perfect but turned it up yesterday to 1.0 and didn't really notice too much difference.  I like it right around there because I am able to hear every nuance of what is dictated and rarely miss any of the small details.  I read on a different thread that someone else kept theirs much faster so it got me curious what the "average" is.  Is mine ridiculously slow or are some of you just ridiculously fast?  :) ...

Jump Codes
Dec 19, 2010

Can anyone help me with making a jump code in Word 2010?  I am so frustrated and can't find any info on what I need.  I use shorthand and I need to be able to create a "macro" that will allow me to press Ctl +J to jump to the ??'s in my documents.  For example, the patient is a ??-year-old ??male.  I want to be able to jump to those question marks with a keyboard command.  Noone seems to know how to do this.  HELP!! ...

Do Any Of You Use Jump Keys?
Mar 12, 2014

Hello! Do any of you use jump keys?  For example, I have asterisks (*) in all of my templates in places where I need to insert something (vitals, he/she, etc.).. I made a macro that says anytime I use a quick key (for me it was Alt+x), it would jump to the next asterisk and I could quickly type whatever needed to go in that spot.  I recently had some new software put on my computer and it completely took out that macro.  This is bad because these jump keys are a HUGE timesaver!  Unfortun ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Is There A Way To Change The Setting On The Auto Save?
Sep 08, 2010

I think that is one thing that is slowing my computer down.  I notice it gets real sluggish and then the "Auto Save" flases in the bottom tool bar.  ...

Well They Are Setting Us Up For The Next Pay Cut. Classes On Improving Our Keystrokes While Doing A
Nov 04, 2010

nm ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...

How Do I Create A Jump Code?
Sep 30, 2010

My "jump code" macro has disappeared.  I need a macro to move around in my document from {} to {}.  Does anybody know how to create a macro that will help me please? Thank you so much! ...