A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help with Windows setting - Shipwrecked

Posted: Oct 13, 2010

I'm struggling with getting my "new" computer up and running.  Of course, it isn't a new computer, because we have to have Windows XP.  Grrrr.

I can't figure out how to get my windows to open to full screen - or maybe 2/3 size like my old, now deceased, computer.  I get a small centered square no matter what program  I open, and have to maximize every time I open a window. 

I've done it before, but have absolutely no recollection of how.

try this - ssss

[ In Reply To ..]
Try going under control panel, then display, then appearance?

Put your mouse pointer over an edge of the window and drag the window to - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
the size you want, then click the X to close the window. It should now open to the size you made it.

Similar Messages:

Setting Up A Server
Nov 26, 2009

Has anyone out there set up a server for your business? If so, how complicated was it, and is iit worth the investment?  I have about 10 MTs (small business).  I think this would save a lot of time and frustration if we had a server... Anyone who can share their opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Quality Bar Setting
Mar 10, 2012

Just read an article in the AARP Bulletin that 1 in 7 Medicare patients died or were harmed by their hospital care and the number of patients who die each year from preventable hospital errors is equal to 4 full jumbo jets crashing EACH WEEK.  They can't figure out what to do about it.  Maybe auditing the employees like crazy and holding them to a 99% accuracy standard and cutting their pay 50% if they don't meet it like MMMMMModal/Q?  Sure seems to work for me :) ...

TTD - Setting It Straight
Jun 10, 2012

I used to work there for approx. a year or so, before it really went down the toilet. I believe that sheer GREED set it and that's when it went downhill. Although I no longer work there, I have kept contact with some pretty reliable people. There are "100s" who are on the books to work; however, they work when they want, IF they want - there is absolutely no consistency to schedule or hours or days, nothing. Thus, the need to have that many people; the HOPE that someone will be working ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Setting Up Outlook Express
Feb 15, 2010

I need help setting up Outlook Express from scratch.  I need help with everything.  I guess I am really dumb. ...

Setting Up Clinic Account
Jun 07, 2011

I did transcription for a physician about 15 years ago (drove 20 miles to his office, picked up tapes and returned finished product 2-3 times a week).  He is unhappy with his current transcription service and wants me to do it again.  He uses a digital recorder now and I am not sure how to set things up so I can do it online or through email.  I would greatly appreciate any direction or advice in this area.  ...

Express Scribe Setting?
Oct 06, 2011

Hi I am using Express Scribe 5.24 and need to have the pedals set for rewind timing.. I mean the center pedal that when you release it will self rewind say 3 to 5 seconds   Cant find that, where might that be? ...

Which Setting Do You Have Your Audio Speed On?
Jan 16, 2014

I've always kept mine on 0.8 and thought it was perfect but turned it up yesterday to 1.0 and didn't really notice too much difference.  I like it right around there because I am able to hear every nuance of what is dictated and rarely miss any of the small details.  I read on a different thread that someone else kept theirs much faster so it got me curious what the "average" is.  Is mine ridiculously slow or are some of you just ridiculously fast?  :) ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Is There A Way To Change The Setting On The Auto Save?
Sep 08, 2010

I think that is one thing that is slowing my computer down.  I notice it gets real sluggish and then the "Auto Save" flases in the bottom tool bar.  ...

Well They Are Setting Us Up For The Next Pay Cut. Classes On Improving Our Keystrokes While Doing A
Nov 04, 2010

nm ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Where To Locate The Foot Pedal Setting On My Computer
Mar 31, 2013

Could someone please tell me where to locate the foot pedal setting on my computer when I want to change what type of pedal I am using?  I haven't done it in so long I can't remember where it is located.  Have been looking all day for it!!!!  Help, please.  Thank you. ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

On EditScript-9, Is There A Setting That Allows You To Hear A "bong" At The End Of The
Feb 01, 2010

Is there a keyboard command to get to the end of the audio, or do you have to manually slide the little bar with the mouse?     Thanks! ...

Anyone Use DQS On Windows 7 Yet?
Dec 16, 2009

I want to go to my parents house this weekend for Christmas and I have to work.  They live about 4 hours away so I was just going to take my foot pedal with me and download DQS on my dad's computer.  He is nerd so he has this really cool computer so I am not worried about DQS not running on it or anything.  I was just wondering about how DQS runs with windows 7.  I would figure it would just run the same since it is internet based.  I just would hate to not be able ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Windows 7?
Jan 05, 2010

x ...

Windows 7 64-bit OS And DQS 6.1
Sep 20, 2010

I have read other posts on this site with respect to this subject but just wondering if anyone using Windows 7 is able to use DQS 6.1 64-bit OS with it. Every machine you purchase comes preloaded with it and I want to buy a new machine but if Windows 7 64-bit doesn't work properly, I won't even bother yet. I heard from support that is unsure right now as they are still working on other things, i.e., problems with 6.1.   Thanks for your input!   ...

DQS And Windows 7
Nov 03, 2010

Hi All!   I am considering buying a new personal PC, which are all loaded with Windows 7.  I can't find info anywhere as to the requirements for the operating system compatible with the newer DocQscribe software, or are we still stuck with XP? Thanks for any help! ...

Windows 7 -- 64-bit And 32-bit
Nov 22, 2010

Can maybe someone answer my question. I purchased a new computer last year with the new Windows 7 home premium operating system. For the Internet Explorer, I have two icons, one on my desktop that strictly says 64-bit, plus there is an IE icon at the bottom of my toolbar that uses 32-bit for some sites (I think because Adobe Flash Player is not compatible with 64-bit OS, is what I was told by an HP tech person). Some companies advertising on the Job Seeker board says can use Windows 7, 32- ...

Windows 7/64
Aug 05, 2011

Does docqscribe work now with windows 64-bit? ...

Windows 7 Help
Dec 19, 2011

I received a new computer from the Q which I am sure you all know has windows 7 but how do you maximize a screen that was minimized?  In XP I had always had the teamwork screen minimized and readily seen on the taskbar so all I had to do was click on it and it brought up teamwork ready to be clilicked on to sign me in for my shift after I had a job downloaded  but when I minimize the teamwork window in windows 7 it disappears from the screen and I have to click on the icon on the deskt ...

No More Windows XP
Jul 09, 2012

I went to MicroCenter the other day to look at computers. Anyway the salesman told me that Windows XP is going obsolete (somewhat) in 18 months.  That's when Windows Update will no longer continue security updates for Windows XP.  Anyone see that as a problem? ...

Windows 7 Pro
Oct 10, 2012

What is a fair price for this software.  I will need it if I take a job with 3-T.  I looked online and found a huge price range, 65-300 dollars.  Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Have Windows 8? Do You Like It? Sm
Oct 30, 2012

I'm buying a computer today and the only options are Windows 7 and 8.  Have you heard anything good or bad regarding either one?  Appreciate any info.  ...