A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

shoulder strength test position - thanks

Posted: Jan 20, 2014

"his strength is 3-4+/5+ in the *sis* position as well as in abduction.  His passive glenohumeral range of motion is 80-20-10."  It sounds like he is saying "cyst", but that doesn't make sense to me.  

Maybe Sit? - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm wondering if he had a slip of the tongue and is saying "sit" position. It may sound like cyst because he put an "s" sound in there, then realized it should have been a "t" sound.

shoulder strength - typinbabe84

[ In Reply To ..]
I have done a lot of orthopedic transcription and this doesn't sound familiar. It could be sit or 6th (never heard of the 6th position). Just wanted to chime in on typing 3-4+/5+. I think that typing it like that makes it unclear if it is 3- to 4+/5+ or 3 to 4+/5, so I would type it has 3/5+ to 4+/5. Just my opinion.

I was going to suggest - The 3 to---

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm the poster who suggested sit as well. I really wanted to suggest as you did about the way you transcribe it, or to use 3 to 4+, so there's no hyphen/minus sign confusion. I hesitated, because some people don't take suggestion well. And maybe her account requires it the way she typed it.

But I totally agree that the reader could easily misinterpret.

try this link,, - tryintobehelpful

[ In Reply To ..]
Take a look at this link, maybe you will find what you are looking for.

http://www.shoulderdoc.co.uk/article.asp?section=497

Similar Messages:

Shoulder Arthroscopy Traction Position
Oct 10, 2013

The patient was placed in left lateral ducubitus position, all bony prominences were well-padded, and the right shoulder was placed in balanced ______ traction and we proceeded with diagnostic arthroscopy.  It starts with a "g" like "gallow" or something of that nature, but the only thing I can find for "gallow" is for femur traction... ...

Ortho Test Of Shoulder
Sep 07, 2011

Shoulder injury - doc says mild pain with s/l taze test, katays test, patays test.  Thanks for any help. ...

Cervical And Shoulder Exam - S/l La-Rusta Test Was Negative
Apr 01, 2014

Cant figure this one out. ...

5-/5 Strength??
Nov 05, 2009

He dictates 5/5 strength in the right upper extremity and then says "left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength in all of those groups except his triceps, which is just slightly diminished at 5 minus out of 5 strength."  It's not -5/5 strength is it?  Thanks.   ...

Someone Please Help Me. I Need Strength.
Mar 25, 2010

I am sitting here with my favorite 5 year old robe on (my security blanket, holes and all), clenching onto my lucky charm giraffe (helps me rise above my problems), and staring at a burning candle on my desk, praying to the great spirit to help me. I don't have the guts to go into my bank account yet to look at my paycheck.  I probably can't read it anyway, my eyeballs are swelled shut from crying all night worried about it.  My head is throbbing and my extremities ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

Is There Such A Thing As 4++/5 Strength
Mar 24, 2011

I've heard of 4+/5, and he just used that for strength in the upper extremity, but then he said 4++/5 strength of the lower extremity.  Is there such a thing as ++ or do you think he just accidentally said it twice.  I'm not finding anything anywhere.   Thx. mt ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

I Work For Orthopedics-----weak Innerocity(innerosity) Of Strength
Aug 02, 2012

dr is talking about the hand. weak innerocity of strength? ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Half-strength Fizzy-paque Or Vizzy-paque Contrast?
Dec 22, 2011

I have an Op note (for patient with thoracic aneurysm) in which half-strength Fizzy-paque or Vizzy-paque contrast is used to decrease the contrast load for patient. Any ideas on the contrast name? Thanks! ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

MRI Of Shoulder
Jan 16, 2011

On MRI, he had a massive tear of the supraspinatus superior half of the iinfraspinatus. He also had an s/l osto-chrom-e-ali.   Thanks!! ...

MRI Of The Shoulder
Jul 26, 2011

The patient had a shoulder MRI.  The doctor say: No obvious-appearing instability or injury to the coracoclavicular or ---s/l clochoclavicular---- ligaments on the MRI.    Thanks. ...

Shoulder Mri
Dec 26, 2012

...lateral down-sloping acromion with possible  ?CYPHER/SITE FOR impingement.  ...

Shoulder
Apr 08, 2013

Doc is talking about pts shoulder and says:  She had a normal (s/l Mieres), Hawkins, and Jobes tests.  Can someone give me the correct spelling of Mieres?  Thx CM ...

Shoulder GH ROM 70,60,30 Or 70/60/30?
Sep 12, 2013

I'm not sure which way to format ROM. ...

Shoulder Histo
Dec 10, 2009

Ortho doc is dictating PSH and he's stating the patient had a right shoulder histo.  Any idea what histo means? Thanks so much in advance.  Hope you're having a good night! ...

Shoulder Surgery
Mar 17, 2010

A s/l green limbitec curved suture passer was then placed around the base of the coracoid. ...

Shoulder Xray
Mar 30, 2010

Radiographs show good position in his s/l sep-i-ca tunnels.  ...

Shoulder Arthroscopy - Sm
Oct 17, 2010

This is what she says:  INSTRUMENTS USED:  A Stryker 5.0 BioZip anchor with a #2 Force Fiber x2, and a PEEK SSS nutless disposable Relix STT 5.5-mm anchor x2.   I cannot verify the "PEEK SSS nutless disposable relix STT" is correct.  Any help is much appreciated!  ...

Right Shoulder Winging?
Nov 08, 2010

She is noted to have her right shoulder "winging, weaning" in the standing position. ??? Help is appreciated! ...

Shoulder Bunionectomy
Jan 04, 2011

What in the world could sound just like shoulder bunionectomy?  Any ideas greatly appreciated.   ...

Shoulder Study
Jan 12, 2011

new to this account.....he says I also performed injection of her tendon sheath of her extensor tendon insertion origin with 1 cc of Lidocaine and 1 cc of Kenalog.  Her ?JMARS? are left 18, 21, and 21 and right 10, 16, 18. ...