A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Extra Strength - southpaw

Posted: Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day.

Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol?

extra strength - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
My opinion - no, don't capitalize since it's not with the name of the medication.

Similar Messages:

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

5-/5 Strength??
Nov 05, 2009

He dictates 5/5 strength in the right upper extremity and then says "left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength in all of those groups except his triceps, which is just slightly diminished at 5 minus out of 5 strength."  It's not -5/5 strength is it?  Thanks.   ...

Someone Please Help Me. I Need Strength.
Mar 25, 2010

I am sitting here with my favorite 5 year old robe on (my security blanket, holes and all), clenching onto my lucky charm giraffe (helps me rise above my problems), and staring at a burning candle on my desk, praying to the great spirit to help me. I don't have the guts to go into my bank account yet to look at my paycheck.  I probably can't read it anyway, my eyeballs are swelled shut from crying all night worried about it.  My head is throbbing and my extremities ...

Is There Such A Thing As 4++/5 Strength
Mar 24, 2011

I've heard of 4+/5, and he just used that for strength in the upper extremity, but then he said 4++/5 strength of the lower extremity.  Is there such a thing as ++ or do you think he just accidentally said it twice.  I'm not finding anything anywhere.   Thx. mt ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Shoulder Strength Test Position
Jan 20, 2014

"his strength is 3-4+/5+ in the *sis* position as well as in abduction.  His passive glenohumeral range of motion is 80-20-10."  It sounds like he is saying "cyst", but that doesn't make sense to me.   ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

I Work For Orthopedics-----weak Innerocity(innerosity) Of Strength
Aug 02, 2012

dr is talking about the hand. weak innerocity of strength? ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Half-strength Fizzy-paque Or Vizzy-paque Contrast?
Dec 22, 2011

I have an Op note (for patient with thoracic aneurysm) in which half-strength Fizzy-paque or Vizzy-paque contrast is used to decrease the contrast load for patient. Any ideas on the contrast name? Thanks! ...

What's That, TSM? You Are Asking For Extra Help
Jan 08, 2015

Well, let me think about this....I just checked Fiesa and I have two 100% reports in there.  I'm normally off Thurs/Fri.  So if I just don't work anymore chances are good I will stay right at that 100%.  If I do (and I KNOW I'll get the worst dictators AND my backup account I rarely work on, happens every time in this situation)....but chances are HIGH that I will get that worked audited and then drop below 100%, prob evening falling off the "grid" and/or having to ...

Why Do They Keep Asking For Extra Hours?
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not g ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Extra-axial
Oct 04, 2010

Is extraaxial (brain tumor) one word or is it hyphenated?  ...

MD-IT Needs An Extra Few Days To Pay Me
Nov 01, 2010

was just told that md-it was going to need an extra few days to pay me. This is not the end of the world for me, but it does make me worry a bit about their financial health. Could someone out there tell me if they have had this problem too? ...

All This Hub Bub About Needing Extra Help For
Nov 07, 2010

I sit with NJA....on my SCHEDULED day to work. Once again, thanks a lot MQ for your oh so talented way of giving OT and incentives when they aren't necessary and taking away work from people who are actually scheduled to work. I appreciate it. ...

When They Pay You The $10/hr Extra Incentive
Mar 24, 2012

to work OT, do you still get time-and-a-half line rate, or is it straight line rate plus the $10/hr? ...

Extra Bonus
Jun 24, 2013

Just wondering to those of you who received the last quarterly bonus, how long did it take for them to pay you the bonus.  I didn't receive it last time but should receive it this time.  I know the quarter ends the end of June and last time they sent e-mails stating it would take a little while.  Thanks for any info! ...

Why I Will NEVER Work EXTRA
Aug 22, 2013

Every time that I log onto the system, I am reminded how disrespected, how underpaid, how unappreciated that I truly am. So - MTSO - you can publish your "SOS, EXTRA HELP NEEDED!" messages all you want.  If it ever comes down to your being willing to PAY for me to give precedence to YOUR needs, perhaps I'll consider it.  MEANWHILE, GO SUCK AN EGG, YOU BLOODSUCKERS!! ...

Should Be Some Extra Scraps Of Work For Us
Jan 22, 2010

January 26 is Republic Day in India. It is one of their most important events/holidays in India.  It is kind of like our 4th of July.  It is the anniversary when they became a republic.  They will be dancing in the streets, eating tons of Chaat and drinking lassi until the cows come home (literally), I guess.  (I have an Indian friend who tells me these things.) Maybe we will have some extra work.  Some of them will be working, but not all I would imagine.  Whoo. ...

FYI - Extra Research Now Required
Mar 16, 2010

For all that do not want to do the extra research to fill in the blanks cuz it takes too much time, too much effort, losing money trying to get it all done to help your qa submission rate I'd like to welcome you to what we as QA/MME have been doing for 3 cpl ....all of that research and more.  Now maybe some MTs (not all) will stop throwing QA under the bus and realize what we've had to do all this time for 3 cpl.  Thank you and have a nice day. ...

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND
Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????   ...

Transcend/work Extra
Nov 15, 2011

can you work as much as you want at Transcend or does over time have to be offered?  I saw a post below where it said people may be working to bolster their line count as it is near the end of pay period. TIA ...

Doncha Love How They BEG For Extra Help With The
May 09, 2012

backlog, yet OT is not approved & we have to strictly adhere to our schedules...  Doesn't make any sense...  Beg us to work extra, yet tell us we are not allowed to do that, LOL. ...

NJA, But Intials Asking For Extra Committments
Mar 27, 2014

Its not just the suits who don't care about the MTs. ...

Extra Work Slows Down No Pay
Apr 07, 2014

When I get partial dictation reports on EditScript where you don't have to do anything in regards to header/demographics, my speed in terms of lines per hour is almost twice as fast. When there are so many new worktypes with new MT Instructions, the speed goes way down. When the header shows no medical record number and I have to enter in demographics what speaker dictates, the speed goes way down. The point is that I think every one of the reports should be like partial dictations in wh ...

Need Name Of Reliable Gen. Trans Co. For Extra $$.
Jun 15, 2014

thanks in advance!! ...

Transfusion Extra? Negative
Jul 06, 2014

Dr. just dictated OBGYN history and then says transfusion s/l extra negative then goes on to dictate medications heading. What could that be and is it part of the OBGYN or is transfusion a new heading? Thanks! ...