A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Grip strength in his upper and lower extremities? - coco

Posted: Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?  

Thanks!

type as dictated - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
even if there is no grip strength in the lower extremities, and/or send it to QA.

Motor strength - Ortho Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
The dictator most likely means motor strength is 5/5. I would flag it.

Similar Messages:

Physical Exam: DTRs Equal 2+ 4 Upper And Lower Extremities.
Jun 20, 2010

Unsure how to correctly type the 2+ 4.  Does she mean 2+/4??  Thanks for helping. ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

She Has S/L SEDs On Both Lower Extremities.
Jan 11, 2010

After bilateral knee arthroplasty, patient has (S/L) SEDs on both lower extremities. I cannot seem to figure this one out. I was thinking TEDs stockings or some mechanical device to prevent DVT? ...

Bilateral Lower Extremity VS. Bilateral Lower Extremities
Oct 18, 2012

Hi all, There is a discrepancy with the proper use of this - can anyone help? Some at my work are saying it should be bilateral lower extremities, whereas others think it is bilateral lower extremity since the "bilateral" implies that it's plural and hence no need to say "lower extremities." I've seen it both ways, but the more that I think about it the more I'm getting myself confused. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

Lower Extremities And Very S/l Hyperprepinted Areas Compatible With Stigmata
May 22, 2010

Woody skin at the lower extremities and very s/l hyperprepinted areas compatible with stigmata, venous stasis, and poor circulation.   ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Upper And Lower Extremity Exam-sounds Like "crunch" Test?
Dec 12, 2009

upper and lower extremity exam-sounds like "crunch" test? ...

Doing H&P, For Extremities: She Says "Extremities Are Without CCREV." Or CCRV?? Not
May 13, 2015

nm ...

Grip Of The Day
Nov 25, 2011

Over many years, reading many posts on these boards, I am still shocked every time I see grammar error using comma/period "outside" quotation marks. As professional MTs we should all be aware that commas and periods go "Inside" the quotation marks -- Always.   Most shocking is when I see QA editors continually make these errors in their posts on these boards.  Scary. These rules have changed over the years, but current grammar rules state they go "inside" always. Pay attention when ...

5-/5 Strength??
Nov 05, 2009

He dictates 5/5 strength in the right upper extremity and then says "left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength in all of those groups except his triceps, which is just slightly diminished at 5 minus out of 5 strength."  It's not -5/5 strength is it?  Thanks.   ...

Someone Please Help Me. I Need Strength.
Mar 25, 2010

I am sitting here with my favorite 5 year old robe on (my security blanket, holes and all), clenching onto my lucky charm giraffe (helps me rise above my problems), and staring at a burning candle on my desk, praying to the great spirit to help me. I don't have the guts to go into my bank account yet to look at my paycheck.  I probably can't read it anyway, my eyeballs are swelled shut from crying all night worried about it.  My head is throbbing and my extremities ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

Is There Such A Thing As 4++/5 Strength
Mar 24, 2011

I've heard of 4+/5, and he just used that for strength in the upper extremity, but then he said 4++/5 strength of the lower extremity.  Is there such a thing as ++ or do you think he just accidentally said it twice.  I'm not finding anything anywhere.   Thx. mt ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Shoulder Strength Test Position
Jan 20, 2014

"his strength is 3-4+/5+ in the *sis* position as well as in abduction.  His passive glenohumeral range of motion is 80-20-10."  It sounds like he is saying "cyst", but that doesn't make sense to me.   ...

Extremities
Sep 19, 2011

Dictated as:  Upper extremity has some s/l econotic spots.  Any ideas anyone??? ...

EXTREMITIES: WWP
Oct 14, 2012

Cannot remember what this is for the life of me!   ...

Extremity Or Extremities
Apr 18, 2012

Which is correct?   Has bilateral lower extremity edema. Has bilateral lower extremities edema.   Thanks! ...

Extremities: -sl Ruddy.
Jan 17, 2013

Female patient with pericardial effusion.  History of hypertension and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.  Dr. with foreign accent.  Sounds like he is saying Extremities: Ruddy.  Anyone ever run across Ruddy when describing the extremities? ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

I Work For Orthopedics-----weak Innerocity(innerosity) Of Strength
Aug 02, 2012

dr is talking about the hand. weak innerocity of strength? ...

ER Extremities Physical Exam
Jun 24, 2011

Never seen or heard before. New doc states in extremities portion...No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  EDVLSWNL. At least that what is sounds like. Could possibly be EDVLSWNO but don't know what that would be either. Has anyone here heard of this? Thanks! ...

Physical Exam. Extremities
Dec 01, 2010

Physical Exam:  Extremities (sounds like no tumor). What could it be? ...

Extremities Physical Exam
Jun 30, 2011

I have listened to this over and over and it sounds like this doctor is saying, "No clubbing, cyanosis, edema, or lesions.  Full range of motion s/l of/in both pulses."  Then he goes on to the neurologic part of the exam.  Can anyone help me with this, please? ...

Significant Anesthesia Of Extremities?
Dec 28, 2011

Dictator dictating the extremity section of PE and says significant right-sided hemiplegia, significant "anesthesia."?  Would this be what is sounds like?  TIA. ...

Neuro Exam Or Extremities? Sm
Jun 22, 2015

When the doctor dictates about the gait and tandem gait, do you leave that under extremities if he dictates it there?  He usually says it at very end of physical exam, and I am unsure if he just forgot to dictate "NEUROLOGICAL" heading or what.  Sometimes he does dictate a NEUROLOGICAL heading and puts the gait there as well as other things, but then many times he dictates it at end of extremities and does not give separate heading.  What would be the appropriate thing to do in th ...

S/l "Homay Grip" For Burr Holes For Subdural Hematoma
Jul 13, 2010

I used a "homay grip" for both holes. ...

Extremities: No Rubs, Cords, Or Edema
Nov 20, 2011

Does this look right? Extremities: No rubs, cords, or edema.What are rubs and cords in the extremities?Thanks ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...