A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit - fingers about to fall off

Posted: Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly?

Old ortho MT. See message. - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Strength 5/5 throughout. DTRs are very hard to elicit ( elicit means to bring forth, evoke etc.

thanks - fingers about to fall off

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!

PE - Rosie

[ In Reply To ..]
Strength 5/5 (five over five) throughout. Deep tendon reflexes are very hard to elicit.

Similar Messages:

Generous Deep Tendon Reflexes?
Aug 24, 2010

Full sentence is "concerned about the possibility of compressive cervical myelopathy in the presence of generous (?) deep tendon reflexes and in the face of polyneuropathy seen on EMG." ...

Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Euthyroid?
Dec 13, 2010

Is this a real phrase? it is very clear. ...

Reflexes Sm
Nov 18, 2009

Need help with reflex abbreviations - s/l PAG 1/2, TJ 2/2 ...

Reflexes
May 10, 2010

The doctor says "reflexes in the arms were sluggish and were half plus."  Half plus?  Anybody ever hear of this? ...

S/l Age Or Eight Reflexes SM
May 03, 2011

This was a normal nerve conduction study of the bilateral tibial and peroneal motor nerves.  Normal nerve conduction study of the bilateral sural and superficial peroneal nerves.  Large amplitude motor units.  SlighAlso present is slight polyphasic some left gastroc, right gastroc, and right TA.  ______ reflexes preserved and relatively symmetric.  Conclusion is abnormal electrodiagnostic study. ...

Typing Reflexes
May 09, 2011

the doc says reflexes are "one-half over four"  do i type 1/2 over 4, 1/2/4 confusing ...

With Deep Sympathy And
Nov 05, 2012

I got out of MT about 9 months ago, but I continued to read this forum to keep in touch with any possible changes in the MT world that might indicate I should try to get back in (while I was job-hunting fruitlessly during that time).  Without being able to find a new job for so long, I was worried about whether I had made the right choice or not by declining the M*Modal job when they took over my former MTSO.   Now, this weekend, as I read the posts of terminations and chronic NJA, I ...

Negative Leg Raise Both Prone And Supine. She Has 2+ (marrow). She Has 2+ Reflexes
Feb 03, 2012

Her pain is over her trapezoids all the way to the insertions at the occiput and lower thoracic region. Her muscles are tightest closer to her scapula. She has no pain over the spine itself. Negative leg raise in both prone and supine position. She has 2+ MARROW???? S/L Narrow or marrow...help :( ...

5-/5 Strength??
Nov 05, 2009

He dictates 5/5 strength in the right upper extremity and then says "left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength in all of those groups except his triceps, which is just slightly diminished at 5 minus out of 5 strength."  It's not -5/5 strength is it?  Thanks.   ...

Someone Please Help Me. I Need Strength.
Mar 25, 2010

I am sitting here with my favorite 5 year old robe on (my security blanket, holes and all), clenching onto my lucky charm giraffe (helps me rise above my problems), and staring at a burning candle on my desk, praying to the great spirit to help me. I don't have the guts to go into my bank account yet to look at my paycheck.  I probably can't read it anyway, my eyeballs are swelled shut from crying all night worried about it.  My head is throbbing and my extremities ...

Abdomen Nontender To Deep
Mar 21, 2012

palpations <s/l on the floor> ?  Does it sound right or does anyone have any idea what he might be saying? Thanks for any help. ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

Is There Such A Thing As 4++/5 Strength
Mar 24, 2011

I've heard of 4+/5, and he just used that for strength in the upper extremity, but then he said 4++/5 strength of the lower extremity.  Is there such a thing as ++ or do you think he just accidentally said it twice.  I'm not finding anything anywhere.   Thx. mt ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Shoulder Strength Test Position
Jan 20, 2014

"his strength is 3-4+/5+ in the *sis* position as well as in abduction.  His passive glenohumeral range of motion is 80-20-10."  It sounds like he is saying "cyst", but that doesn't make sense to me.   ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Slow Unbuffler Quanitative Abdominal Tenderness To Deep Palpation
Nov 06, 2011

I am transcribing a physical exam of a diverticulitis patient that sounds like, "Slow unbuffler quantative abdominal tenderness to deep palpation". ...

FW Tendon
Jun 05, 2014

repair of FW tendon, what is this?  TIA ...

I Work For Orthopedics-----weak Innerocity(innerosity) Of Strength
Aug 02, 2012

dr is talking about the hand. weak innerocity of strength? ...

Used In Tendon Interposition
Nov 01, 2010

re:  ligament reconstruction and tendon interposition I usually use a tendon sling to get more stability than with just putting an s/l "antrove" in there ...

Peritendon Or Per-tendon Space?
Jan 23, 2010

This is a cortisone injection into the subacromial and peri-tendon space.  ...

Tib Ant Tendon Rupture Repair
May 17, 2011

I am doing an ortho note for a tib ant tendon rupture repair.  the procedure will be a "tendon reconstruction with a graft.  Use a ___ screw to secure it to the cuneiform."  the word before screw s/l hutchins but I am not able to locate anything like that anywhere.  Can anyone help out with this?  Thank you. ...

Extensor Tendon Repair
Dec 22, 2011

The epicondyle was cleared subperiosteally and then punctured utilizing a 0.45 s/l SEE-SERTER pin. It sounds like C-serter???? TIA! ...

Repair Of Extensor Tendon
Aug 16, 2012

Repair of extensor tendon, dorsum of the proximal interphalangeal joint, with s/l Booten?  repair, left index finger.   Anybody heard of this type of repair.  Sounds like Booten?  Thanks.  ...

Gapposes Of Achilles Tendon
Dec 10, 2013

"The right heel has definite gapposes (doc's spelling) at the musculotendinous junction of the Achilles tendon." I assume he's meaning there's a gap there, but is there such a word? More likely spelling would be gaposis, but even that... ...

Finger Tendon Word
Mar 04, 2014

further immobilizing but keeping the s/l gentorum tendon intact.  thanks! ...

Ankle Surgery, S/l Peronestocious Tendon
Sep 09, 2010

TIA ...

Full Breath Of The Distal Tendon?/sm
Jun 03, 2011

It appears to extend across the full breath of the distal tendon. Is that correct. ...