A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Someone please help me. I need strength. - Thanks a lot MQ.

Posted: Mar 25, 2010

I am sitting here with my favorite 5 year old robe on (my security blanket, holes and all), clenching onto my lucky charm giraffe (helps me rise above my problems), and staring at a burning candle on my desk, praying to the great spirit to help me.

I don't have the guts to go into my bank account yet to look at my paycheck.  I probably can't read it anyway, my eyeballs are swelled shut from crying all night worried about it.  My head is throbbing and my extremities are numb. 

Why do paydays have to be so traumatizing?

Everytime I try to go to my bank's website I just freeze because I am afraid if I can peak out of one swelled eye, and I see what was deposted from MQ, I will faint, fall on the floor and pee my pants. 

I don't know what to do.   

All of this because of MQ's great ideas.  And they want me to compose an essay about all this happiness. 

Yeah.  Sure I will.   

How do you all handle it?  I lost all my strength to deal with it.  I have creditors calling my house now, I never had that happen before.  I feel beaten, weak, stomped on, abused, smacked, insulted, smacked again, kicked, and water boarded.

(I do have a new job, didn't start yet though, so I guess there is a light at the end of this dark scary tunnel.)

Just keep hanging in there. At least you have a new job! I am jealous of YOU. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Not one little thing wrong with you - and you are a good writer!

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akVL7QY0S8A

You are so normal! Medquist is not the only bad company in America.

I laughed... - story time

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't buy this. It seems contrived, mocking almost. I have seen some real upset people on here and this just doesn't fit. If i'm wrong, I do apologize.

I am serious. Wish I was kidding. - Not mocking.

[ In Reply To ..]
I did get nerve to look. It was not as bad as last pay at least.

Yes, I have my security blanket robe.

Yes I have a lucky charm giraffe that was given to me many years ago by a dear friend who is gone now.

Yes, I cried all night, I always was able to pay my bills on time, but now I have creditors calling me for medical bills that I have been juggling.

Yes, I do have another job and this will all be behind me soon.

I have been trying to keep my sense of humor through my MQ experience maybe my post tried to show some of that. But after a demotion, paycut, and watching work disappear before my eyes it is getting tougher, that is why I decided to leave.

I should not have to stress over looking at my paycheck.

Didn't mean to upset anyone. But not contrived. That is just how I write, how I feel, and how this all is affecting me.

I hope you are having better luck at MQ. Just thought someone could commisurate along with me.

At least you had the self-confidence to apply - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
for something else. I am almost beyond that.
It didnt quite happen - that way . .
[ In Reply To ..]
I was starting to apply at different places, posted my resume on Monster, even went on a couple interviews. Then out of the blue my old supervisor called me and asked me if I was interested in working for her again. It is a small local hospital. I jumped at the opportunity. It hasn't started yet, but soon.

It is just a temporary fix. I am back in school. I want out of this field actually. I used to love it, but it has turned into something else for a whole different breed of cat. I think transcription will be suitable now for part time people who don't need a bread and butter salary and who don't need medical benefits.

It just felt like time for a change. I feel like I will have a whole new life after I finish school and start my new career (court reporting). I already have a job offer. In my city, they are hurting for court reporters. I know it is different everywhere, but I am going into the closed captioning eventually. And who knows from there. I was surprised to find out court reporters are even hired by corporations for different things, there are other options besides working for court houses, attorneys and closed captioning.

So, a new door has opened. Hey, I am no spring chicken, either, so if anyone out there thinks they are too old, just stop thinking that way. There is life beyond MQ and if you set your mind to do something, age will not be in your way. I feel alive again, like there is a tomorrow. And yes I was terrified to leave my comfort zone, but I figured I can find a new comfort zone now in my new career.

I had to do something. I just take it one moment at a time now and try not to overwhelm myself by looking too too far ahead.

I felt your pain also..... - Bunion

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you are young enough to try for another career, as this is horendous. Do what you can for your child and yourself to be better than "them." I begged and begged my nephew not to get into this profession, but he has muscular dystrophy and wants to work from home, like me. It breaks my heart. I hope both of you can find something that fits or move on to another career. I know have been in your shoes with 2 kids and made it to age 48, but now what? I pray for everyone, and hope we can all get what we deserve someday, sooner than later. It is really tough, really tough. I started out at like $5 an hour, not all that much better now, but it it me and hubby. Thank goodness he has a pension, but also has to work. We should be retired by now. I will pray for you, as I do care and this makes me soooo sad.

I know exactly how you feel - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
I am terrified every payday to look at my check and you described what I go through to a perfect T. Try to think positive, that you have a new job and will be out of her soon!!

Someone please help me - onmywayout

[ In Reply To ..]
Trust me, once you find out you have a new job you will feel like you've hit the lottery. I have been done with MQ for a few days now and feel such a sense of relief. To those of you who feel you don't have the self-confidence, believe in yourself again. Working for MQ is like being in an abusive relationship. It gives them power if they know they have beaten you down--that way they can control you. What worked for me was the prayer to St. Stanislaus--within 24 hours I saw an ad I knew was the right one and it worked out=starting there next week. I wish the best for you and for all those at MQ. Leaving was the best thing I did.

"MQ is like being in an abusive relationship." I could not have said it better.... - TedEBear

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Your life is about to get better.... - TedEBear

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, was in that situation and never ever had been before. I kept hoping things were going to turn around at MQ. Finally, I gave up and got a new job as an MT elsewhere. I am soooo much happier, getting paid more even though the CPL at this company is lower. I have much better accounts so it is a lot easier to make money. I wish you the best at your new job!!! Take care.

Similar Messages:

5-/5 Strength??
Nov 05, 2009

He dictates 5/5 strength in the right upper extremity and then says "left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength in all of those groups except his triceps, which is just slightly diminished at 5 minus out of 5 strength."  It's not -5/5 strength is it?  Thanks.   ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

Is There Such A Thing As 4++/5 Strength
Mar 24, 2011

I've heard of 4+/5, and he just used that for strength in the upper extremity, but then he said 4++/5 strength of the lower extremity.  Is there such a thing as ++ or do you think he just accidentally said it twice.  I'm not finding anything anywhere.   Thx. mt ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Shoulder Strength Test Position
Jan 20, 2014

"his strength is 3-4+/5+ in the *sis* position as well as in abduction.  His passive glenohumeral range of motion is 80-20-10."  It sounds like he is saying "cyst", but that doesn't make sense to me.   ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

I Work For Orthopedics-----weak Innerocity(innerosity) Of Strength
Aug 02, 2012

dr is talking about the hand. weak innerocity of strength? ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Half-strength Fizzy-paque Or Vizzy-paque Contrast?
Dec 22, 2011

I have an Op note (for patient with thoracic aneurysm) in which half-strength Fizzy-paque or Vizzy-paque contrast is used to decrease the contrast load for patient. Any ideas on the contrast name? Thanks! ...