A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

lab values - convert decimals to regular number - ticchick

Posted: Mar 14, 2011

Sorry, my math really sucks and I can't seem to find a site that will 'convert' decimals to regular numbers.  If a patient's lab test reads as 23.0 and the doctor dictates it as 23,000 are these both correct ways of putting it?  Also had absolute segment coung of 17.48 that was dictated as 17, 480 and bands of 0.23 that were dictated as 230.  If these are just other ways of expressing the same number and are all correct, great- I just want to be sure that is the case.  I really appreciate anyone's input on this, and I apologize if this is considered to be a somewhat idiotic question.  At least I will know for future reference. 

I always express as dictated - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Platelets Count And Decimals
Nov 08, 2012

I know platelets are usually given in the form of hundreds of thousands. However, I have a doc who is saying it as a decimal--a single digit followed by the decimal and two digits, like 1.49. Is this a proper way to transcribe it, or should I change it to something? Usually if they say for instance "One hundred forty-nine," without adding the thousand, I'll still transcribe it 149,000, but what do I do with a decimal? Thanks. ...

Pick A Report Number Any Number
Apr 29, 2015

doesn't matter to you, the MT will fix it. So what it takes MY time, so what it throws me off when I'm half way through the report and realize I may have it wrong and have to leave the screen, relisten to the beginning of the dictation, and change it..What do you care doc? you make a crap ton more money than I do, so obviously your time is more important.. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Convert Shorthand 10
Nov 25, 2009

I'm getting a company computer and will be working on that one and mine.  They don't allow Shorthand (or any other program) to be put on their computer, so need to convert my Shorthand to Word autocorrect entries for the work computer.  I would do it manually (you know, one entry at a time) but I have about 4500 entries and need an automated way.   Thanks in advance ...

DocScribe 5.1 And Need To Convert Over To 6.1
Apr 21, 2011

I work on DocScribe 5.1 and need to convert over to 6.1.  Does anyone know if this is easier to use than 5.1 and is it hard to learn? ...

Regular MT Vs. MQ ASR
Feb 03, 2010

I'm curious about something - maybe it's because when I started doing MT, it was straight typing.  I've only been doing ASR 2.5 years. Has anyone noticed if they're more accurate when doing regular typing than they are with ASR?  I have.  I rarely make mistakes with straight typing but sure can have a lot of typos, duplicate words or whatever pop up on the ASR.  Plus, as an added benefit with regular MT, whenever the dictator pauses, I close my eyes for ...

Pulse DT And Regular??
Mar 01, 2011

I'm trying to figure out what this doctor means. He's dictating the vitals signs and says "pulse DT and regular." He's clearly saying "DT" (not "DP" or "PT"),  but I can't reference it anywhere.  Any help? Thanks :)     ...

Convert DVF Files So Can Play With Wav Pedal
Jun 19, 2010

I am having trouble converting a DVF file so that I can play with my Wav pedal. My computer will download to a HTML file. Neither file can I open with the Wav. I have installed Express Scribe and still no luck opening the file. Any ideas. Thanks to all. ...

Can You Convert Text To All CAPs In Inscribe?
Apr 09, 2015

New job, new platform.  I am wondering if you can select text in Inscribe and easily convert it to all caps, like using shift+F3 in Word?  It seems crazy not to have this ability in the platform, so I figure I must be missing something.    ...

ABG VALUES
Nov 11, 2009

Is the base excess in ABG values always a negative?  I have only heard things such as base excess -2.9.  However, this doctor is stating just base excess of 2.9.  ...

Heart, Regular Rate...
Jan 18, 2010

dictated" heart regular rate and rhythm, no s/l octopi noted? i dont think she's talking about an octopus!! ...

Open Enrollment For FT Regular
Apr 29, 2011

I got an email about open enrollment for PT flex, PT limited and and  FT limited.  Well, what about FT regular?  Why does everything have to be so long and drawn out and complicated with this company.   I just want the darn information! ...

Does Anybody Work Standing Up On The Regular?...
Jul 08, 2013

I've been standing up at my counter, working... I think I'll like it once my feet get used to it.  I was wondering if anyone's tried it and was able to keep it going.  I know it's supposed to be easier on the body than sitting 8-10 hours a day, but it does take some getting used to! ...

If You Run Out Of Work During Your Regular Hours
Nov 05, 2014

Do you work or do you not? ...

Convert Autocorrect To Expert Type In ChartNet
Sep 10, 2011

I know that there is a way to convert autocorrect to expert type when you are using Chart Net but the person at work that knows how to do it isn't getting back to me.  Does anyone out there know how to do it and is willing to share the info.  I would really appreciate any input.  I am way too slow typing without an expander, makes me feel like I'm using an old manual typewriter LOL (I know that dates me!) Thanks a bunch. ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Opinion On Lab Values
Nov 22, 2009

Do some of these lab values seem impossibly high, particularly the AST and ALT?  He clearly states these values. Her Chem-7 from yesterday revealed sodium 134, potassium 7.8, chloride 92, bicarbonate 25, sugar 293, BUN 120, creatinine 7.2, calcium 8.8, AST 2898, ALT 3595, ammonia 97, total bilirubin 2.3.  ...

PSA Values-urology
Apr 25, 2011

Ok.  I have a question about how to properly transcribe PSA values.  In every previous job I have had transcribing urology notes, I was told that if they give you a single number like 1,2,3..to transcribe it as 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.  I would get in trouble if I left off the .0 after the number.  I also think this looks better on paper.  However, my editor on this account (who I think is very old-school) says to leave the .0 off.  What do you guys think? I already had ...

Corporate Values
Oct 14, 2011

Medquist recruitment ad: Join a Corporate Team with Corporate Values! MedQuist's values of Customer Focus, Commitment, Teamwork and Integrity provide the framework for everything we do as an organization. I would rather go to an OWS rally. ...

New ISR Laboratory Values
Jan 29, 2013

"urine was clear with a small amount of bilirubin, Cheetos +15." Wow, I didn't know Cheetos could show up in your urine...  My, my.       ...

Dictating Lab Values
Jul 06, 2013

dictating lab values: albumin 2.7, low. s/l "HU" ratio low at 0.6. ?? Thank you!! ...

Semicolons In Lab Values?
Oct 31, 2013

Was corrected to semicolons in my lab values from commas to semicolons in between each value.  Is this correct?  I have never done this or been told to do this in all my years of doing this job.  Thanks in advance. ...

Advice Needed For VR + Regular Transcription
Oct 25, 2009

being paid hourly for VR but also am now doing regular transcription intermingled randomly so hourly pay is becoming "pay by the minute" because 1 report will be VR for a coupla minutes, then the next is regular.  anyone else experiencing this?  if so, are you making any substantial money, can it be done? many thanks, gitarMT ...

The Patient's Regular Physician Is Dr. Pepper.
Jul 26, 2010

x ...

Just Curious..how Many Of You Run Out Of Work On A Regular Basis?
Dec 09, 2014

They are pulling all of the coding students to do HDS work for 2 pay periods because volumes are out of control.  ...

Is There A Way To Convert Iknowmed Voice Files To Express Scribe?
Aug 09, 2012

The office I work for recently switched to iknowmed. There is no way to speed up or slow down the dictation in iknowmed. Is there some way I can transfer the dictation to Express Scribe?   ...

Typing Vision Values
Feb 22, 2010

Hello, Just wondering if anyone knows how to type out when the doc says "20/70 minus" for a vision value???? I can't find how to format it anywhere.. Input much appreciated! Nicole ...

He Is Dictating Lab Values, Pc02, Po2, Ph
Aug 02, 2010

he is dictating lab values, pc02, po2, ph, and something that sounds like BASE EXCESS, ...

3 Values For Blood Pressure?
Dec 29, 2010

Is this something new I haven't heard of before, or just a misspeak? ...

RMT Exam Normal Lab Values ?
Sep 05, 2011

I am preparing for the RMT exam. How much detail of the normal lab values do I need to know? Do I have to memorize all the normal values at the least? I find that impossible. Do I have to know what test will diagnose for which disease or particular study? For example, do I have to know that white blood cells are involved in the CBC test or that PSA stands for prostrate specific antigen and is a cancer marker? How much information about the drugs do I need to know?  What kind of lab valu ...

MModal Core Values
May 10, 2013

I know this is a silly question, but where can I find the core values of this company, if it has any at all.  I was just curious and kind of just want to compare with how we are treated and laugh. ...