A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DocScribe 5.1 and need to convert over to 6.1 - maggie

Posted: Apr 21, 2011

I work on DocScribe 5.1 and need to convert over to 6.1.  Does anyone know if this is easier to use than 5.1 and is it hard to learn?

There is nothing easier about it. In fact, there are problems with it. Some have been sm - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
fixed and some have not like after you change the speed of the dictation with your mouse you have to reclick the mouse on the report or you can't go on. Same with audio. There are keyboard functions so you don't have to use the mouse but I use the mouse and it is a pain for me.

There are some good functions, take the tutorial and some things they want you to do but I don't.

Otherwise it is just like the 5.1 version.

I do not find it much different as far as ease of - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
use, pretty much the same. I love the numbering feature, makes it much faster on ASR. If you are familiar with 5.1, then you will have no problem as not much difference except doctor database and numbering, which is easy to learn.

Similar Messages:

Companies Use DocScribe?
Oct 12, 2009

Does anyone know what companies use DocScribe as their platform other than MedQuist? ...

DocScribe May Be Crashing Again 2:50 P.m.
Nov 06, 2010

One job has been "on hold" waiting to clear and the 2nd job can't quite make it through with the first one holding...........  Good luck all. ...

Docscribe 7 Spellcheck - Need Help
Nov 06, 2012

I'm using Docscribe 7.1 and spellcheck is not putting the red line under a word when it is misspelled.  How do I get it to put the red line under? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Convert Shorthand 10
Nov 25, 2009

I'm getting a company computer and will be working on that one and mine.  They don't allow Shorthand (or any other program) to be put on their computer, so need to convert my Shorthand to Word autocorrect entries for the work computer.  I would do it manually (you know, one entry at a time) but I have about 4500 entries and need an automated way.   Thanks in advance ...

Convert DVF Files So Can Play With Wav Pedal
Jun 19, 2010

I am having trouble converting a DVF file so that I can play with my Wav pedal. My computer will download to a HTML file. Neither file can I open with the Wav. I have installed Express Scribe and still no luck opening the file. Any ideas. Thanks to all. ...

Can You Convert Text To All CAPs In Inscribe?
Apr 09, 2015

New job, new platform.  I am wondering if you can select text in Inscribe and easily convert it to all caps, like using shift+F3 in Word?  It seems crazy not to have this ability in the platform, so I figure I must be missing something.    ...

Lab Values - Convert Decimals To Regular Number
Mar 14, 2011

Sorry, my math really sucks and I can't seem to find a site that will 'convert' decimals to regular numbers.  If a patient's lab test reads as 23.0 and the doctor dictates it as 23,000 are these both correct ways of putting it?  Also had absolute segment coung of 17.48 that was dictated as 17, 480 and bands of 0.23 that were dictated as 230.  If these are just other ways of expressing the same number and are all correct, great- I just want to be sure that is the case.  I ...

Convert Autocorrect To Expert Type In ChartNet
Sep 10, 2011

I know that there is a way to convert autocorrect to expert type when you are using Chart Net but the person at work that knows how to do it isn't getting back to me.  Does anyone out there know how to do it and is willing to share the info.  I would really appreciate any input.  I am way too slow typing without an expander, makes me feel like I'm using an old manual typewriter LOL (I know that dates me!) Thanks a bunch. ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Is There A Way To Convert Iknowmed Voice Files To Express Scribe?
Aug 09, 2012

The office I work for recently switched to iknowmed. There is no way to speed up or slow down the dictation in iknowmed. Is there some way I can transfer the dictation to Express Scribe?   ...

First IPhone App To Convert Audio File To Text By Speech Recognition
Aug 22, 2013

I have created the first app on iPhone which can dictate the audio file in multiple size and format into text by speech recognition.In addition, the app can record your voice by 1 hour that help to improve the speed to input .The app link is shown below:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downright-transcription/id687650485?mt=8The website is shown below:downrighttranscript.appspot.com ...

How Long Does It Take Nuance To Convert Platforms To Their Methods On Companies And Accounts Acquire
Sep 24, 2013

My company was acquired by Nuance a few months back and so far the only thing that has changed has been e-mail addresses.  Paystubs even still reflect our original company name.  Will they keep our proprietary platform or make us change to eScription soon?  Also, we're all ICs.  Does anyone know if we will be required to become Nuance employees at the first of the year?  ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Need To Convert From Office 2013 To Office 2010
Apr 26, 2014

I'm starting with a new company next week.  My Windows 7 PC has Office 2013 Professional.  The new company's platform is only compatible with 2010 or earlier.  I don't have the money to spend on 2010, so I'll either have to decline the offer or try to find a way to install 2010 cheaply.  I thought I might be able to download a version for free, since it's not the newest version, but it doesn't look like I can do that.  Any ideas? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...