A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The patient's regular physician is Dr. Pepper. - Gotta Love VR

Posted: Jul 26, 2010

x

Dr. Pepper - Zenaida

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, that could be his name. When I was typing for a hospital in Detroit we had two doctors Pepper. One was spelled Peper, but they both pronounced it pepper. I have to admit, though, that the first time I typed for one of them I was sure they were just "messing with the new kid!"

That is MY kind of doctor!! - Dr Pepper lover NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

SICKNING!!!!!!!!!!! - mountaindewfreak

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

Referring Physician Vs Requesting Physician
Apr 30, 2013

What is the difference between referring physician and requesting physician? ...

Chili Pepper Broach For Charie?? System
Sep 09, 2010

I'm doing a hip hemiarthroplasty and this doctor is using the broach.  It sounds like it is "from the Charie / Karii ?? system" Of course, I get no hits when I Google it. ...

Regular MT Vs. MQ ASR
Feb 03, 2010

I'm curious about something - maybe it's because when I started doing MT, it was straight typing.  I've only been doing ASR 2.5 years. Has anyone noticed if they're more accurate when doing regular typing than they are with ASR?  I have.  I rarely make mistakes with straight typing but sure can have a lot of typos, duplicate words or whatever pop up on the ASR.  Plus, as an added benefit with regular MT, whenever the dictator pauses, I close my eyes for ...

Pulse DT And Regular??
Mar 01, 2011

I'm trying to figure out what this doctor means. He's dictating the vitals signs and says "pulse DT and regular." He's clearly saying "DT" (not "DP" or "PT"),  but I can't reference it anywhere.  Any help? Thanks :)     ...

Heart, Regular Rate...
Jan 18, 2010

dictated" heart regular rate and rhythm, no s/l octopi noted? i dont think she's talking about an octopus!! ...

Open Enrollment For FT Regular
Apr 29, 2011

I got an email about open enrollment for PT flex, PT limited and and  FT limited.  Well, what about FT regular?  Why does everything have to be so long and drawn out and complicated with this company.   I just want the darn information! ...

Does Anybody Work Standing Up On The Regular?...
Jul 08, 2013

I've been standing up at my counter, working... I think I'll like it once my feet get used to it.  I was wondering if anyone's tried it and was able to keep it going.  I know it's supposed to be easier on the body than sitting 8-10 hours a day, but it does take some getting used to! ...

If You Run Out Of Work During Your Regular Hours
Nov 05, 2014

Do you work or do you not? ...

Advice Needed For VR + Regular Transcription
Oct 25, 2009

being paid hourly for VR but also am now doing regular transcription intermingled randomly so hourly pay is becoming "pay by the minute" because 1 report will be VR for a coupla minutes, then the next is regular.  anyone else experiencing this?  if so, are you making any substantial money, can it be done? many thanks, gitarMT ...

Just Curious..how Many Of You Run Out Of Work On A Regular Basis?
Dec 09, 2014

They are pulling all of the coding students to do HDS work for 2 pay periods because volumes are out of control.  ...

Has Anyone Gotten Their Regular Monthly Bonus As A Separate Check IF It Were Over $100?
Oct 26, 2009

Down below someone said it only comes as a separate check if it is over $100. Mine have always been in the 120 to 150 range and I have gotten a separate check.  But for the past 2 months, nothing.   CCM has no idea what is up.  Just wondering if anyone's bonus if over $100 came, as usual, as a separate check.   TIA ...

Mail Perge. Forward To Your Regular Email
Sep 18, 2010

FYI:  If there are any emails you need to save for reference before the perge, go into that email, hit forward, and send to your personal email.  ...

Lab Values - Convert Decimals To Regular Number
Mar 14, 2011

Sorry, my math really sucks and I can't seem to find a site that will 'convert' decimals to regular numbers.  If a patient's lab test reads as 23.0 and the doctor dictates it as 23,000 are these both correct ways of putting it?  Also had absolute segment coung of 17.48 that was dictated as 17, 480 and bands of 0.23 that were dictated as 230.  If these are just other ways of expressing the same number and are all correct, great- I just want to be sure that is the case.  I ...

Usual Line Counts? (regular Typing)
May 27, 2011

What is your usual daily line count?  How many hours is that in?  Not VR, editing, anything funky - just straight typing.  Just curious... Thanks!!! ...

I Get Regular Emails For MT Job Listings....I Find It Perplexing That
Aug 21, 2013

M-Modal has a current job opening listing for PART TIME MTs (there is a separate listing for FT ones too). WTH is up with that? I mean, I myself was planning on giving my notice soon enough to this crappy company and actually was glad I was laid off instead of quitting...at least now I am eligible for unemployment until I find another job....but really, WTH? It's not an old listing, has TODAY's date on it. What is the reasoning? ...

I Was Getting A Great Line Count, But Now I Am On My Regular Accounts.
Aug 01, 2014

Just shoot me now. I had some great accounts that are outside my area coming in. Unfortunately, now my regular accounts are showing up and my count is taking its usual dive. Bad audio, crummy output. And the compliance coach thinks it is me that has the problem??? Performance coach was performance managing me for "failing" audits, i.e. getting 99.65%. Now she is our compliance coach, so I am getting informed that my line count is teetering just below the requirement. I let her know that ...

How Much Is A Terabyte When Comparing To A Regular Audio File? In Hours?
Apr 09, 2013

how much is a terabyte when comparing to a regular audio file?  How much shoud I charge? ...

Physician Look-ups
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone have any good websites for looking up physician names?  Started a new job and I am all over the country on some of these physicians.  Sometimes i have a full name, other times just a last name and no clue as to what the speciality is.  Thanks in advance for your help.  ...

Physician Thank You
Dec 08, 2014

So, I'm editing this report and it comes to the end and the physician states, "Transcriptionist, thank you so very, very much.  I appreciate you and your work."  Totally made my day!  Since this physican doesn't know it was me doing the report, I wanted to pass it on so hopefully it'll make someone else's day too.  Please no negative comments.  I have enough negative (as we all do).  Let me just enjoy the thank-you, and even more the appreciatio ...

Resident Physician
Nov 26, 2010

I have alway been told when in doubt, leave a blank. Resident did not give attending physician's name. There was a doctor's name in the hearder as attending, but I  was not sure so I left the attending line blank at the bottom of the report. My boss calls me and tell s me to go on a limb and guess in the future.  I do not like those ethics because it leaves me up for problems in the future.  Comments welcomed. ...

Physician's Addresses
Sep 01, 2011

What's a good website to use to get current addresses of physicians?  Thanks ...

One Physician Transcription
Oct 06, 2011

I have been approached by a physician to do his transcription.  This is to be done at home.  What equipment will I need for transcribing  --- also, what equipment will the physician need for dictating?  I appreciate all your suggestions.  I have done transcription for this doc at a hospital.  The hospital went voice recognition -- using a company 100+ miles away.  He wants me to do the transcription for surgeries he does in a different location other than ...

Associated Or Associative Physician
Sep 14, 2012

The doctor I transcribe for sometimes says "Associated Physician" and sometimes says "Associative Physician" and then lists the doctor's name.   Sometimes he will also list a "Primary Physician."  Just curious to see if there is a difference between associated vs associative and if one would be better than the other in this situation.  Any thoughts? Thanks! ...

Another Physician's Comments On Using The EMR
Nov 23, 2012

Below is a link to a NY Times editorial.  "The advent of electronic medical records has been a boon to patient safety and physician efficiency in many ways. But it has also brought with it a slew of “timesaving” tricks that have had some unintended consequences. These tricks make it so easy for doctors to document the results of standard exams and conversations with patients that it appears more and more of them are being documented without ever having happened in the first pla ...

Physician Scribes
Jun 21, 2013

Physician scribe jobs have just come to my attention.  Been browsing the Internet and heard about it locally, too.  Can't find a really detailed description of what these scribes actually do in a day's work.  Anyone know?  Thanks! ...

PSA: Consulting Physician
Oct 03, 2013

I admit, this is a huge pet peeve of mine.  The consulting physician is the one who goes to see the patient at the request of the REFERRING physician.  I wish I could get some docs to read this and state the difference.  If I was typing, I could just correct it right away but I have to correct it on the VR.  ...

Just A Message From A Physician
May 21, 2015

Hello everyone and sorry to intrude. I just wanted to say thank you. I'm a hospitalist physician and I dictate daily. I would say about 10% of my dictations contain a "_______" that needs to be corrected, maybe less...and I am someone who mutters a LOT. So I'm surprised it's not a much higher percentage. And when I hear some of my fellow internationally-born docs dictate, I'm amazed that ANYONE, let alone someone over the phone, would be able to understand what this person i ...

Physician Do Not Dictate List
Mar 15, 2010

Since we have a (lengthy) Do Not Use list, I think the doctors should be versed in proper dictating form with a Do Not Dictate list to include "next", "next number", "new line", "skip line", "and", and "uh, uh, uh" and all those other little irritating words that ASR loves!  Charge them 3 cents MORE per line of dictation if they can't maintain 98% with no blanks sent back to them!!!!!!!! ...

Need Opinions Please ... On IME The Physician Dictates .... (sm)
Aug 17, 2010

Most vena cava clips these days can be MRIed - MRId ........ Would it be ed behind MRI or just the d?  Both look very odd.   TIA ...

Bowing To Physician's Wishes
Jun 24, 2011

Just got an E-mail from our QA person stating that a physician is complaining that we are not sending CC's to the PCP that he gives at the beginning of the report.  Now, I do realize that this information has been placed into the Client Profile under specific instructions for this physician, but sometimes when you are working on the same facility and feel comfortable you stop looking at the CP for every single MD.  This is not a facility I type on often, and apparently it is not j ...