A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can you convert text to all CAPs in Inscribe? - Old Dog Not Good at New Tricks

Posted: Apr 09, 2015

New job, new platform.  I am wondering if you can select text in Inscribe and easily convert it to all caps, like using shift+F3 in Word?  It seems crazy not to have this ability in the platform, so I figure I must be missing something.   

Ctrl/Alt/U - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Highlight what you wanted changed and use that key combo. You can hit that combo and go back and forth to all caps, all first words capped, all words in lowercase, and back again.

HTH :)

Thank you! I will be such a happy camper. - Old Dog Not Good at New Tricks

[ In Reply To ..]
That is what I was hoping for.

Converting to caps - darlin249

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes you can by clicking on the W - word icon and opening the document in word and you can do all the functions you can usually do in word including changing the case. Save the file then exit out back into your InSribe and your changes should be there.

Thank you! - Old Dog Not Good at New Tricks

[ In Reply To ..]
Good things to know.

Similar Messages:

First IPhone App To Convert Audio File To Text By Speech Recognition
Aug 22, 2013

I have created the first app on iPhone which can dictate the audio file in multiple size and format into text by speech recognition.In addition, the app can record your voice by 1 hour that help to improve the speed to input .The app link is shown below:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downright-transcription/id687650485?mt=8The website is shown below:downrighttranscript.appspot.com ...

Inscribe And Instant Text
Nov 10, 2009

Is is possible to use Instant Text V Pro with the Inscribe platform?  Thanks ...

Inscribe/Instant Text
Dec 08, 2014

Does anyone that uses Instant Text with Inscribe know how to correct SHe to She?  Thanks. ...

Instant Text And Inscribe
Dec 12, 2014

Hi all.  I am trying to get Instant Text 5 or 7 to work with the latest version of Inscribe and it is making a black box in the text field.  Anyone know how to fix this as I am lost without it!  Thanks. ...

Emdat Inscribe - Auto Text?
Jul 13, 2012

Thanks to those who replied about the Inscribe foot pedal rewind..  That works well now. Just wondering about Auto Text now.  I used to use that with my last account with Word 2000; highlight a common phrase, then Alt-F3.  The phrase would then pop up in a little screen tip above the word or letters I used to name the phrase.  I used this along with ShortCut macro program - had used both of them a lot.   Inscribe doesn't seem to ...

Emdat Inscribe & Intant Text Issue
Apr 06, 2015

I recently had to upgrade to Emdat Inscribe version v4.180.633. I had actually upgraded to this version on my own a couple months back but then reverted back to the older version because of this issue. However, we were told by management to update to this newer version recently, so now I have no choice. My issue is that when I expand an IT entry, the last letter of the expansion is deleted when I hit a key (any key... space bar, punctuation key, etc.). I looked in the settings for Inscribe to ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Convert Shorthand 10
Nov 25, 2009

I'm getting a company computer and will be working on that one and mine.  They don't allow Shorthand (or any other program) to be put on their computer, so need to convert my Shorthand to Word autocorrect entries for the work computer.  I would do it manually (you know, one entry at a time) but I have about 4500 entries and need an automated way.   Thanks in advance ...

DocScribe 5.1 And Need To Convert Over To 6.1
Apr 21, 2011

I work on DocScribe 5.1 and need to convert over to 6.1.  Does anyone know if this is easier to use than 5.1 and is it hard to learn? ...

Convert DVF Files So Can Play With Wav Pedal
Jun 19, 2010

I am having trouble converting a DVF file so that I can play with my Wav pedal. My computer will download to a HTML file. Neither file can I open with the Wav. I have installed Express Scribe and still no luck opening the file. Any ideas. Thanks to all. ...

Lab Values - Convert Decimals To Regular Number
Mar 14, 2011

Sorry, my math really sucks and I can't seem to find a site that will 'convert' decimals to regular numbers.  If a patient's lab test reads as 23.0 and the doctor dictates it as 23,000 are these both correct ways of putting it?  Also had absolute segment coung of 17.48 that was dictated as 17, 480 and bands of 0.23 that were dictated as 230.  If these are just other ways of expressing the same number and are all correct, great- I just want to be sure that is the case.  I ...

Convert Autocorrect To Expert Type In ChartNet
Sep 10, 2011

I know that there is a way to convert autocorrect to expert type when you are using Chart Net but the person at work that knows how to do it isn't getting back to me.  Does anyone out there know how to do it and is willing to share the info.  I would really appreciate any input.  I am way too slow typing without an expander, makes me feel like I'm using an old manual typewriter LOL (I know that dates me!) Thanks a bunch. ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Caps?
Feb 04, 2010

was not able to see this patient at this time because of his "Mission of Mercy" trip to Haiti.   it is dictated in quotes. I am unsure if its Mission of Mercy, or mission of mercy ...

Is There A Way To Convert Iknowmed Voice Files To Express Scribe?
Aug 09, 2012

The office I work for recently switched to iknowmed. There is no way to speed up or slow down the dictation in iknowmed. Is there some way I can transfer the dictation to Express Scribe?   ...

Caps And Commas Or No?
Aug 15, 2010

How do you punctuate this? Spurling Compression Rotation Extension tests? Spurling, compression, rotation, extension tests? or something entirely different?   Thanks! ...

Need Help For DQS Function Regarding ALL CAPS!
Oct 01, 2010

Good morning ladies and gentleman from MQ.  I need your help. On the ASR reports, how do you ALL CAPS a sentence? Here's the deal . . . Say under allergies, the MD dictates no known drug allergies.  What I do is hilite the sentence and then Control, Shift, A.  After I do that, the sentences comes out No Known Drug Allergies (initial caps only).  Then I have to do the Control, Shift, A again and it will switch to ALL CAPS. Is there an easier way to do th ...

Ziggy Caps
Dec 10, 2010

Plain as day, he's saying ziggy caps -- under Psych ROS, "checking for depression, ziggy caps . . ."  What is this in reference to?  HELP!  THANKS ...

ALIMTA - All Caps?
Apr 23, 2011

Is ALIMTA, the cancer treatment written in all caps? Thanks for any help. ...

Crystalloid Caps Or Not?
Nov 02, 2013

Should Crystalloid be capitalized or not? ...

Spellcheck Not Checking CAPS
Feb 23, 2010

My spellchecker is not checking for words in all caps, such as in headings.  I have Windows XP and Word.  Does anyone know where I am supposed to look to find and correct this?  I know this probably sounds dumb to you smart MTs out there, but I really just don't know where to look and how to fix this.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. ...

Is PEEK Cage In All Caps?
Jul 16, 2010

Stryker PEEK cage or peek cage or Peek cage? ...

Is Drug Januvia All Caps?
Jan 19, 2011

? ...

DQS 7 Toggle Function For Caps
May 16, 2012

Is this not an option in the new platform?  This is the toggle that prevented you from putting two capital letters together...i.e., typing She instead of SHe.  I tend to do this a lot and would to enable this function if possible. ...

Is FABERE Sign All Caps?
Aug 08, 2012

Just saw today that apparently it is an acronym and should be all caps? ...

EINSTEIN Study - All CAPs??
Sep 14, 2012

I am transcribing a report for the Einstein trials for a drug.  Everywhere I look, it has EINSTEIN (all caps).  I cannot find anywhere this is an acronym.  Should it be transcribed in all caps? ...

How Long Does It Take Nuance To Convert Platforms To Their Methods On Companies And Accounts Acquire
Sep 24, 2013

My company was acquired by Nuance a few months back and so far the only thing that has changed has been e-mail addresses.  Paystubs even still reflect our original company name.  Will they keep our proprietary platform or make us change to eScription soon?  Also, we're all ICs.  Does anyone know if we will be required to become Nuance employees at the first of the year?  ...

BOS Rule For Drug Names In All Caps?
Mar 28, 2013

Does anyone know the BOS rule for drug names that are technically all caps, i.e., TUMS, GRALISE?  Do they stay all caps or is it okay to capitalize just the first letter, or is it company/client preference?  QA is telling me just to capitalize the first letter so as not to draw more attention than needed to the drug name in the report, but I can't document this in the Book of Style.  Thanks in advance! ...

S/l Lura-lie Caps...on A Dialysis Catheter. Nm
Jul 20, 2013

. ...

Word 2007 Caps Lock Issues
Jan 17, 2013

I need help with Word 2007.  I've searched and can't find anything to help and have also asked tech support at my company without remedy.  I'm hoping I can explain it well enough so someone here on the board might have dealt with this and can help me.  It certainly would be appreciated as I give up! When I put in a heading such as MEDICATIONS:  At this point, I try to hit the return to the next line to begin my typing.  However, it will not go to the next ...

Shorthand Users, Do You Have Trouble With It Getting Stuck In All Caps? SM
Aug 22, 2014

For example,  I have my headings entered in as follows:  xpmh = PAST MEDICAL HISTORY: I will type my abbreviation and hit my space bar twice and while the abbreviation is still expanding, I will start my sentence, but if I hit the shift key and the first letter of the first word of my sentence too soon, I will get stuck in caps lock without the caps lock button being pushed.  Then if I hit shift and any letter (to capitalize), it will all be in lowercase as if caps lock is on, bu ...