A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lumbar decompression & fusion - NaomiMcD

Posted: Mar 16, 2011

Hi everyone. The doctor s/l he is saying:  "We have also talked about the off labral use of the MP in the posterolateral recess and posterior interbody spacers."  I think that's what he is saying, not sure of the bold words.  DX is lumbar instability, stenosis & radiculopathy L3-4 and 4-5.  There is also a synovial cyst off L3-4.  Not able to locate these exact words on any websites/searches.  Thanks for any help. 

Just a guess here - - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Almost certain your first phrase is "off-label," which means used for something other than what it was originally approved for by the FDA. Could the second part be BMP (bone morphogenic protein)?

Lumbar decompression & fusion - NaomiMcD

[ In Reply To ..]

Sounds like you nailed it!  Wink  Thanks for the help.  Haven't done this doc in a while, having lots of fun remembering his style. 

Similar Messages:

Back Surgery Help! Recess Decompression, Posterolateral Fusion
Oct 28, 2009

This is what i dictated, I bolded things I am questioning/don't know:  She was advised that she would benefit from L2-L3, L3-L4, L4-L5 central and bilateral recess decompression L2 to second posterolateral fusion with K 2 mesa and                     ten ah lee instrumentation system local autograph. Vitoss and infused bone grafting surgery. I am not sure about K2 mesa and ten ...

Lumbar Fusion Surgery, Dictator States
Aug 17, 2011

6545 screw, 55 tap (says five five, not 55) How do you type this? New to Orthopedic op reports. Thanx much ...

Lumbar Disc Or Lumbar Disk- Which Is Correct-- Sm
Jul 09, 2011

Which is the correct way to transcribe this -- lumbar disc or lumbar disk -- I have been transcribing 4-ever and typed it disc but was recently told it is disk??  ...

Decompression Question
Jul 28, 2011

The patient follows up status-post subscapularis and subacromial decompression?  Does this sound right?  Thanks ...

Unfamiliar Decompression
Nov 04, 2013

The patient was supposed to get "a left carpal tunnel decompression, a left cubital tunnel decompression, and a decompression of the *canalicion*  It sounds like canal-icky-on.  The procedure changed, so I don't have anything else to go off to figure this out.   ...

Carpal Tunnel Decompression
Jan 12, 2011

I can't figure out what the (___) would be.  It s/l it could be (loss and) but I was thinking it was going to be a specific type of compression.  It also could s/l (___ anti-) compression?  It almost s/l moss anti-compression!! "The nerve itself was atrophic and contracted and constricted consistent with (___) compression." Thanks.  ...

(s/l Triumph Or Trianth) Posterior Decompression...
Dec 30, 2010

Below is the complete sentence:  May be a good candidate for "triumph" posterior decompression and disk replacement study.  TIA!  ...

Spinal Diskectomy And Decompression Question
Apr 07, 2011

At this point, attention was paid to removal of hardware.  The s/l K2 tulip removers were used initially in order to unlock the heads.  Following this, rods were removed.  ...

S/l "subacromial Decompression, Distal Clavicle Excision, And Debridement With RASTING Of A Lab
Dec 31, 2009

It definitely does not sound like grafting and I don't really believe that would be correct anyway.  I thought maybe RAST but I am having no luck with any of my searches.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Lateral Decompression With S/l Elip-ti-si-zation Of The Iliotibial Band Over The Greater Trochanter
Mar 22, 2015

to decrease the liklihood of trochanteric bursitis.   TIA ...

Fusion
Apr 22, 2015

I've only worked on Dictaphone and am moving to Fusion. Does anyone work on Fusion? Wondering how it is. I have to believe it's way better than old Dictaphone. Any info or tips would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Lumbar CT Help
Sep 02, 2012

This is a lumber CT with axial and s/l sidial reconstructed images.  I have no clue what he's really saying.  Can someone help me, please? ...

Fusion Or Effusion
Jul 20, 2010

The diagnosis is....coalition left ankle with some persistent pain after (effusion or fusion)..   Very hard to tell. tia. ...

Spinal Fusion
Apr 20, 2012

Is XLIFF correct?  -or XLIFT? -- type of spinal fusion - have typed this before - cannot remember it and cannot find it on line  Anyone know? ...

Spine Fusion
May 09, 2013

Sentence is: Right posterior fusion L4-5, S1 with __________ screw between S1 and L5. s/l "axfix"  He says it very clearly, almost like two words "axe" and then "fix". Thanks for any help!     ...

How Is VR Going With Dolbey Fusion
Apr 14, 2014

Is the software learning the docs. Is the VR side as user friendly as the straight transcription on Fusion? ...

Fusion Computer
May 17, 2014

Can someone tell me what a Fusion computer is?  What is the difference in that and a regular desktop?  Thanks. ...

Dolby Fusion.
Nov 05, 2014

I've been using Fusion for about a year.  This week when I went in to start a report there was a list sort of like   <patient name> <number> <account number>   before where I would start the transcription.  When I do the report and save it, there markers aren't visible.  I would like to hide them.  The company told me to try Alt F9 in a new document but that didn't work.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I would really ap ...

Dolby Fusion
May 18, 2015

Does dolby fusion run on XP?  thanks! ...

Help With Mushmouth Dr On Lumbar MRI
Oct 14, 2009

L5-S1 small central disc protrusion.  This is s/l amenable and dense thecal sac but does not appear to result in overt nerve root compression or displacement.  Thanks! ...

Lumbar Laminectomy Help
Dec 22, 2009

The microscope was brought in to do a medial facetectomy foraminotomy over the S1 nerve.  We twist-tied and pushed "s/l dorset" laterally.   Can't find any reference.  Suggestions? ...

Lumbar Microdiskectomy
Jan 12, 2010

When someone has a microdiskectomy at multiple levels, is it L3-4-5, L3-5, or L3-4 and L4-5 microdiskectomies?  I know I should know this but for the life of me my brain is not working this morning! Thanks! ...

Lumbar Implantation?
Sep 11, 2010

I'm looking for a type of implantation to help lumbar pain that sounds like "metroniziminent" implantation. - that's as close as I can get, she says the word very quickly. ...

Lumbar MRI Results
Oct 31, 2010

Doc is reading MRI results and saying what s/l Kerterfield ligamentum flavum.  Can't find any word close to Kerterfield.  any ideas? ...

Lumbar S/l Rotaflexion
Nov 13, 2010

her job requires her to do lumbar rotaflexion ...

X-ray Of The Lumbar Spine
Nov 30, 2010

Total (sat ?) images of the lumbar spine were performed. ...

Lumbar Spine X-ray
Sep 27, 2011

An evaluation of her spine on 08/04/11 with an x-ray revealed a retrolisthesis of L3-L4 with a s/l disk-I-S.  Thanks . ...

Lumbar Hemilaminectomy
Dec 22, 2013

"A guidewire was placed over the left L4-5 of *5-1* hemilamina."  I do not recognize the reference and don't even know where to look to verify it!  He says very clearly "left L4-5 of five one hemilamina."  Thanks.  ...

Does Anyone Know Of Company That Uses Dolbey Fusion? Nm
Dec 02, 2009

x ...

Dolbey Fusion Text
Oct 02, 2010

The hospital I work for is currently in the process of switching over to the Dolbey Fusion Text package.  If anyone familiar with this?  Supposedly our productivity will go up 50%.  Thanks for any input. ...