A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lumbar fusion surgery, dictator states - Out of my comfort zone

Posted: Aug 17, 2011

6545 screw, 55 tap (says five five, not 55) How do you type this? New to Orthopedic op reports. Thanx much

It is millimeters 5.5 tap (5.5 mm). Is he saying 65 and 45 as in 6.5 and 4.5? - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not clear about the six five four five if he dictates it all together.

He is dictating it all togeter, 6545, very clear - Out of my comfort zone

[ In Reply To ..]
He dictates very clearly and not fast. Is it proper to type "mm" even though he does not dictate "mm"? This is all new to me (not new MT, but new to orthopedic op notes), but I find I am liking orthopedics.

Thanx for your much-appreciated help.

We don't add mm unless dictated. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Similar Messages:

Lumbar Decompression & Fusion
Mar 16, 2011

Hi everyone. The doctor s/l he is saying:  "We have also talked about the off labral use of the MP in the posterolateral recess and posterior interbody spacers."  I think that's what he is saying, not sure of the bold words.  DX is lumbar instability, stenosis & radiculopathy L3-4 and 4-5.  There is also a synovial cyst off L3-4.  Not able to locate these exact words on any websites/searches.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Back Surgery Help! Recess Decompression, Posterolateral Fusion
Oct 28, 2009

This is what i dictated, I bolded things I am questioning/don't know:  She was advised that she would benefit from L2-L3, L3-L4, L4-L5 central and bilateral recess decompression L2 to second posterolateral fusion with K 2 mesa and                     ten ah lee instrumentation system local autograph. Vitoss and infused bone grafting surgery. I am not sure about K2 mesa and ten ...

Ear Tubes - Dictator States What S/l "tiny Tot" Tubes
Apr 20, 2012

Patient is in to have ear tubes placed. Dictator states what s/l "tiny tot" tubes. ...

Lumbar Disc Or Lumbar Disk- Which Is Correct-- Sm
Jul 09, 2011

Which is the correct way to transcribe this -- lumbar disc or lumbar disk -- I have been transcribing 4-ever and typed it disc but was recently told it is disk??  ...

Doctor States "surgery Under MAC Anesthesia." Is Anesthesia Redundant As MAC Is Monitored
Oct 17, 2009

x ...

Any MTs Looking For A Job From States Where
Jun 22, 2014

the minimum wage is higher than $8/hr having a difficult time finding a job? I am hoping to hear that there are MTs recently laid off or quit who have fairly easily found another MT job, living in a state (such as CA, WA, OR etc) where the minimum wage is higher than average. I am wondering if companies are ignoring applicants from these states? I so hope I am wrong. ...

Fusion
Apr 22, 2015

I've only worked on Dictaphone and am moving to Fusion. Does anyone work on Fusion? Wondering how it is. I have to believe it's way better than old Dictaphone. Any info or tips would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

Regarding Breaks In Certain States
Nov 14, 2009

I lost the email, but supposedly I get a 10-minute break after 4 hours. Do I clock out of DQS but stay clocked on at ScheduleSource or do I stay logged onto both and walk away from the computer for 10 minutes? Does it show up on the time card or only on the pay stub. Does anyone know the details? Thank you. ...

S/l DCS. Doc States Neuro: DCS 15. (Pt. Is 15)
Feb 03, 2010

doc states in neuro: DCS 15. (Pt is a 15 year old girl). I think this is her own slang.  Any ideas? ...

OMG! Below There Is A Post That States...
May 21, 2013

"At least, I was smart enough to get out of here."  REALLY! pfffft. It doesn't take smarts to run, it takes smarts to make a change for the better.  There is a big difference. Why don't you get off attack mode? I would keep this job until I got something else, i.e., something is better than nothing when your paycheck pays for food.  How self-centered. ...

Inside States...
Apr 24, 2014

Inscribe posted on job seeker's site, the new state laws do not allow them to hire from California.  What is that all about?  Geez.. ...

Lumbar CT Help
Sep 02, 2012

This is a lumber CT with axial and s/l sidial reconstructed images.  I have no clue what he's really saying.  Can someone help me, please? ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Fusion Or Effusion
Jul 20, 2010

The diagnosis is....coalition left ankle with some persistent pain after (effusion or fusion)..   Very hard to tell. tia. ...

Spinal Fusion
Apr 20, 2012

Is XLIFF correct?  -or XLIFT? -- type of spinal fusion - have typed this before - cannot remember it and cannot find it on line  Anyone know? ...

Spine Fusion
May 09, 2013

Sentence is: Right posterior fusion L4-5, S1 with __________ screw between S1 and L5. s/l "axfix"  He says it very clearly, almost like two words "axe" and then "fix". Thanks for any help!     ...

How Is VR Going With Dolbey Fusion
Apr 14, 2014

Is the software learning the docs. Is the VR side as user friendly as the straight transcription on Fusion? ...

Fusion Computer
May 17, 2014

Can someone tell me what a Fusion computer is?  What is the difference in that and a regular desktop?  Thanks. ...

Dolby Fusion.
Nov 05, 2014

I've been using Fusion for about a year.  This week when I went in to start a report there was a list sort of like   <patient name> <number> <account number>   before where I would start the transcription.  When I do the report and save it, there markers aren't visible.  I would like to hide them.  The company told me to try Alt F9 in a new document but that didn't work.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I would really ap ...

Dolby Fusion
May 18, 2015

Does dolby fusion run on XP?  thanks! ...

On Med List. Dr. States S/l Polyvinyl. ???? TIA.
Oct 23, 2009

nm ...

SYNERNET Not Hiring From Certain States
May 03, 2012

Has anyone else had trouble with companies not hiring because of state laws with Workmans Compensation.  I did all the testing required for a company and then I get an email back stating they do not hire people from Ohio due to the workers comp laws.  It would be really nice for companies to take the time and list the states they will not hire from so we do not waste our time doing unnecessary testing.  The company is Synernet ...

States MTSOs Don't Like To Hire From?
Jun 15, 2013

I am thinking of moving to another state and seem to remember that some MTSOs do not like to hire from certain states for various reasons.  California comes to mind, but what are some of the others? ...

Interesting Find Which States Regarding SR
Apr 07, 2014

effective today:   http://www.joesdata.com/executive/Shaw_Rietkerk_291150096.html Still at MModal but seems to be a different position??? not sure, just passing info along ...

Too Bad The United States Wont Do This.
Apr 24, 2014

It's about time somebody starts this, or has the guts to make such a law and enforce it. I'd love to see it here.   For heaven's sake, I had exchange students years ago who came here from Europe who spoke a hundred times better than some of these morons we transcribe.  I believe half of it is sheer laziness, maybe they simply don't care to make the effort to speak better, thinking possibly that if good enough gets them through life, that's all the more ef ...

21 States Raising Min Wage.
Jan 03, 2015

Hope your not in one.  If your are, start looking for a new job. ...

Help With Mushmouth Dr On Lumbar MRI
Oct 14, 2009

L5-S1 small central disc protrusion.  This is s/l amenable and dense thecal sac but does not appear to result in overt nerve root compression or displacement.  Thanks! ...

Lumbar Laminectomy Help
Dec 22, 2009

The microscope was brought in to do a medial facetectomy foraminotomy over the S1 nerve.  We twist-tied and pushed "s/l dorset" laterally.   Can't find any reference.  Suggestions? ...

Lumbar Microdiskectomy
Jan 12, 2010

When someone has a microdiskectomy at multiple levels, is it L3-4-5, L3-5, or L3-4 and L4-5 microdiskectomies?  I know I should know this but for the life of me my brain is not working this morning! Thanks! ...