A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ears playing tricks? s/l "golden effusion stutter" - DRH

Posted: Feb 05, 2010

Sentence: At arthroscopy he had a s/l "golden effusion stutter" with few cartinaginous fragments.

Makes no sense but I can't get my head wrapped around it. Any ideas?

could be - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
fusion of the gutter...not sure about the word "golden"

Similar Messages:

In The PE He Dictates HEENT: Ears NTM Bilaterally. He Is NOT Saying "ears And TM" Sm
Jun 28, 2011

He's clearly saying Ears: NTM bilaterally .....  and ears and TM bilaterally makes no sense anyway.  Anyone know what that acronym could stand for?? in regard to ears/heent ???  I can't find it anywhere.  ...

I Am Losing My Mind, 2 Dictators In A Row Who Stutter.
Apr 06, 2015

anybody with any kind of speech impediment cannot be a doctor and dictate. It's nothing but torture to have to listen to these people, I could write it by hand faster than they can spit it out.   ...

GOLDEN ISLES TRANSCRIPTION?
May 22, 2010

any info/?  tia ...

Golden Opportunity For Hospitals Right Now!
Nov 11, 2010

As we all know, thanks to the way most MTSOs operate, there is currently a glut of experienced, talented, highly-qualified MTs who are looking for something better than just a chickenfeed job at a national.       Some hospitals have begun to question the quality of work they're getting back from the nationals (and the HIPAA compliance), since ever-increasing amounts of the work those nationals have is getting offshored.    & ...

When Working MQ ASR, What Are Your Tricks For
Feb 20, 2011

I know many of you will only have bad things to say, have heard that all before. Now I want to hear from those who have done well on it.  Of course, those are the ones working now and might not even see this post, lol. ...

New To VR - Need Some Tricks Of The Trade!
Apr 04, 2011

Been working with VR since last October.  After rebuilding shorthand file and adding words to autocorrect for the last 5 months, I feel those items are no longer a insignificant factor hampering my production.  Sadly, I'm finding I'm not as productive as I need to be in order to make a living. Anyone have any VR tricks to increase production?  I'm headed to the poor house if I don't get this figured out soon! Truly appreciate any help you can o ...

SR Tips & Tricks
Sep 09, 2011

I am fairly new to SR and have been doing it for about a month.  Does anyone out there have any tips to share on how to become quicker?  I have memorized keyboard commands and am trying to speed up dictation.  Is that all there is to be successful at this? ...

Anyone Have Any Tricks In DocQscribe To
Oct 01, 2011

prevent the P in p.r.n. from being capitalized when the enter key or space bar is pushed such as in medication lists? I don't get it, it does not capitalize the B in b.i.d. or the T in t.i.d., just the P in p.r.n. It used to take 2 spaces after a period before capitalizing letters, now it is only one space and very irritating. Thanx ...

Super Fast Tricks!
Dec 18, 2014

In reading another post trying to help someone, what if we started a post with our best tricks for being faster? What shortcuts do you use? What do you feel like saves you the most time? I think this would be great for newbies and seasoned MTs. ...

Drift Net Effusion In Ear?
Jun 11, 2010

Pt. in plane, had ear problems, doctor said what s/l no "drift net effusion".  Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks so much! TD ...

Fusion Or Effusion
Jul 20, 2010

The diagnosis is....coalition left ankle with some persistent pain after (effusion or fusion)..   Very hard to tell. tia. ...

Pleural Effusion
Jan 28, 2011

The effusion was a transudate.  The  s/l solarity was normal.  ...

S/l Wound Effusion
Jan 22, 2012

Patient transferred after femoropopliteal bypass on the left lower extremity, and wound s/l effusion, full thickness, performed on the left foot.  ...

Tadpole Effusion
Jan 22, 2015

Would tadpole make sense here? Thanks.  He at no point had a large effusion or even a tadpole effusion. ...

Today Is The First Day ... Tips And Tricks For Quality?
Mar 30, 2014

Today begins the first pay period for the start of the 99.7% quality requirement.  That gives us today and tomorrow before it "officially" begins but just wanted to say good luck to everyone.  I'm saying a prayer for us all.  Just a tip to share ... most of you might already know this one but it's new to me and has saved my butt tons of times already.  Instead of viewing the client profile in the tiny column on the side of the document, I always expand it to full ...

Tricks To Faster Speech Recognition Editing?
Aug 14, 2011

I have been straight transcribing for many moons. Then got into doing QA and a lot of the reports I get are straight editing of speech recognition rather than doing QA. My production stinks when I do straight editing and have no idea how those of you that edit speech recognition all day make a living. Kudos to YOU! I am one of the probably few QA who really appreciates you MT's who make our jobs easier and do AMAZING jobs transcribing what I can't even QA. Thank you for your hard work ...

ShortHand Expander - Extra Tips Or Tricks ?
May 12, 2013

Well, after a less-than-stellar trial of IT and a bit of a disappointing trial of SmarType, I think I finally found one that works well for me in PC Shorthand.  Really easy to make additions, not too obnoxious or distracting on the screen, and, after playing with the settings, no lag in expanding.   Does anyone who uses Shorthand have any extra tips or tricks to increase its capabilities aside from what is listed in their instruction manual?  So far it's meeting my needs quite nicely ...

Doctor Says Effusion, But Doesn't He Mean Fusion?
Nov 06, 2009

or am I just brain dead about now..tia.   She was therefore fixed with an external fixator rather than internal fixation for the *fusion.  The *fusion went on to heal and she has done reasonably well. ...

Ears
Mar 17, 2011

Doc dictates that ear canals and TMs are slightly injected, but no pain or s/l "pore-eye-tus". Ideas?  Thanx! ...

Ears Sm
Sep 30, 2011

Ears:  "aflux" present ??? ...

ENT - Glue Ears
Sep 18, 2010

Employing a Zeiss operating microscope, (S/L keratosquamous) debris and cerumen... As always, THANK YOU in advance... ...

Not Playing This Game
Mar 16, 2010

I've been reading all the posts on here, I have read the emails from Medquist. I don't do this job for fun.  I do it to get paid.  If I have to spend all my time looking up old reports and trying to figure out what this doctor mumbled or that one said when his head was underwater, my line counts will go down...meaning less pay. And yet if I send blanks to the client that get audited and THEY think I could have found the information, I go back on 100% QA... hence less pay. ...

Are We Playing Limbo?
Jan 10, 2012

On another site, they are advertising for an IC position at 6.5-7.5 cents a line.   Bleak. ...

HAPPY NEW EARS TO YOU ALL IN MQ LAND
Dec 31, 2009

No it is not a typo, and yes I am drinking.  So what.  ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...

Is It My Ears, Or The Audio Software?
Aug 11, 2012

I'm new to having to work for an MTSO. The sound quality is atrocious on 80% of their dictators. The good dictators are perfectly clear. I will stop and adjust the speed/volume playing something mumbled over and over and not be able to understand it, then go back to re-listen when finished transcribing and it is perfectly clear on the first listen. Has anyone else experienced this with the sound quality, or have I developed some sort of hearing deficit? Thanks. ...

I Have Pinkeye And Congested Ears, But...
Feb 18, 2014

I have had pinkeye and congested ears for over 2 weeks now - went to an urgent care center, the nurse even said my eyes looked pink, but I was given nothing for it.  Last week I was called on the carpet by TSM, stating I am making too many errors.  Do you think I can't hear because my ears are congested and I can't see because I obviously have infection in my already suffering eyesight??  Why can't I get treatment for this?? ...

Falling On Deaf Ears
Jun 19, 2015

x ...

Commercial Ads Playing In Background...
Jun 05, 2015

I've been having this problem recently. Whenever I'm on computer, whether it be looking at a website, reading email, etc., I will intermittently have commercial ads (audio) play in the background. I've had my ISP do tune-ups and malaware/virus removal twice in the last two days. Today, after being on Internet for 30 minutes, there it was again; a commercial for ice cream. How can I work listening to dictations with commercials playing at the same time? Does anyone know what is goi ...

Patient Has Some S/l Vomis Behind The Ears Bilaterally
Dec 23, 2009

This sounds like vomis/vaumis/volmis/volmus OR it could be a phomis sound.  Or maybe it begins with an "F." God only knows.  This is for an infant with a lot of dry skin during the physical exam.  What does this poor child have?? ...