A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Respiratory arrest. Patient laid flat for admission of "blunt ridge effusion/infusion" sm - JudyJ

Posted: May 14, 2015

Code was callled briefly as she deteriorated.  Her symptoms worsened as she was laid flat for initiation of s/l blunt ridge fusion, which was stopped quickly. 

Totally stumped. 

blood transfusion? - maybe

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Listen for something related to activities undertaken - during a code.

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, put this under the wrong post. Should have been under the OP.

Listen for things like intubation, ventilation, chest compression, etc. Google cardiac resuscitation to see how those are done. That will give you ideas.

It is not going to be blood transfusion. That won't help if the patient isn't breathing.

Just as a suggestion, listen for individual sounds, not words. When you write what you hear as "admission" and "initiation of blunt ridge" and the rest of the actual words you used, you are not going to be able to figure out what it really is. You will keep hearing those words. Listen phonetically instead. Listen for the sounds of individual syllables. Write it as the sounds of individual syllables. "In deh vid you el sill ah bels." If you do that, you won't get stuck trying to keep hearing whatever nonsense your brain tried to make it into.

Similar Messages:

Newcle Ridge
Jan 12, 2012

Hematoma in the left newcle ridge of face. ...

Admission H&P Word Help Please
Oct 08, 2014

Patient being admitted from OR for monitoring. Dictator states: Patient is showing some mild improvement of the bradycardia from postop into placement in our (sounds like) "skew" bed. Is this SKU? What does it stand for? Thanks. ...

Must Be Wrong On This - Torpedo Ridge
Oct 30, 2009

neuro exam - Her strength is 5/5 in both shoulder shrug and neck rotation.  She has normal muscle tone and bulk, and does have increased tone of her s/l "torpedo" ridge.   thanks much! ...

What Is PA Arrest? Nm
Dec 31, 2010

xx ...

CT Arrest
Feb 06, 2012

CT =  ? ...

Would You Capitalize Admission History And Physical In A Sentence?
Apr 21, 2010

The sentence starts off with Admission which I know would be capped but what about the rest (History and Physical)?   Thanks... ...

Hhhmmm, Is Prince Shaws Email An Admission That Technology
May 01, 2013

x ...

Cardiopulmonary Arrest
Jun 30, 2010

He has a history of cardiopulmonary arrest about five years ago apparently in s/l retractive state requiring multiple hospital admissions. ...

Eye Surgery - S/l Tha Ridge An Encroaching Upon The Visual Axis Of The Left Side
Aug 12, 2011

Eye exam - pt has a large s/l tha ridge an encroaching upon the visual axis of the left side. This will be repaired by s/l bicuspid allister technique...?  ...

Pain Control With ?CAD Infusion
May 18, 2010

This is a note on a patient with lymphoma.  "...pain is being controlled with cad infusion, with basal rate of 1 mg/hour".  Dictator pronounces "cad" (not individual letters c-a-d).  Am aware of chemotherapy combos (i.e, cyclophosphamide, Adriamycin, dacarbazine, and cytosine, arabinoside, daunorubicin) but am wondering if they would be used for pain control.  Also, earlier in the report, the dictator makes it sound as if chemo has been d/c'd.  In the back of my ...

L4-L5-S1 Infusion? Is This Typed Correctly?
Sep 29, 2011

Dr. says the patient underwent an L4-L5-S1 infusion. Or is it fusion? Also not sure if the L4 through S1 is typed correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Pediatric Oncology--- S/l Tancamadine Infusion
Mar 04, 2010

TIA.... ...

Redpen And Fellow Coders, Infusion?
Jun 24, 2010

What is your opinion on the ICD-9 Procedure code for an infusion of Remicade for rheumatoid arthritis or Crohn's disease?  Since this is considered a high-risk drug, the CPT codes are in the antineoplastic category.  But matching up a ICD-9 is not clear.  Since Remicade is a biologic response modifier you can go down that path.  It is also a monoclonal antibody, so you can go down that path.  So far I have come up with 99.28, 99.25, 00.18, and the usual 99.29.  ...

Alginate Donor Lymphocyte Infusion Dose
Aug 30, 2010

Would I write the following with subscript? I thought subscript was frowned upon. Would I abbreviate part of "per cubic gram patient weight" The patient received a total of 224 x 10 to the eighth nucleated cells or 0.37 x 10 to the eighth with a total CD 3 dose of 16.96 x 10 to the sixth per cubic gram patient weight. ...

S/l Intella Device - Inserted When Pt Had Cardiac Arrest
Oct 02, 2013

nm ...

Drift Net Effusion In Ear?
Jun 11, 2010

Pt. in plane, had ear problems, doctor said what s/l no "drift net effusion".  Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks so much! TD ...

Fusion Or Effusion
Jul 20, 2010

The diagnosis is....coalition left ankle with some persistent pain after (effusion or fusion)..   Very hard to tell. tia. ...

Pleural Effusion
Jan 28, 2011

The effusion was a transudate.  The  s/l solarity was normal.  ...

S/l Wound Effusion
Jan 22, 2012

Patient transferred after femoropopliteal bypass on the left lower extremity, and wound s/l effusion, full thickness, performed on the left foot.  ...

Tadpole Effusion
Jan 22, 2015

Would tadpole make sense here? Thanks.  He at no point had a large effusion or even a tadpole effusion. ...

Doctor Says Effusion, But Doesn't He Mean Fusion?
Nov 06, 2009

or am I just brain dead about now..tia.   She was therefore fixed with an external fixator rather than internal fixation for the *fusion.  The *fusion went on to heal and she has done reasonably well. ...

They'll Tell You Anything, Flat Out Lie Even, To Get You
Oct 04, 2012

Then once they have you, watch out.  Nuance lies.  They lie to everyone they take over, i.e., the pretty great company and pretty great pay you were making before; kiss it goodbye.  They lie.  I just want to warn all of you considering your options.  I wish I had been warned because I had no idea it would be this bad.  I would have recorded my phone conversations and saved all the E-mails if I'd known.  Be smarter than I was.  I have been here 1-1/2 y ...

Respiratory Help
Mar 17, 2012

S/l Columbo score -- anyone heard of it?  can't find it by googling it. Thanks ...

Respiratory
Sep 13, 2012

Okay, I know this word but my brain is not registering it!  This word shows up in a consultation report under respiratory and is the only word used. Respiratory is non ___   s/l  ti - kip - tic My google search is turning up empty.  Help!! Thank you ;) ...

Prostate Is Flat
Nov 11, 2009

I am having extreme difficulty with a dictation. I have read some other post, but when I ask a transcription advisor at Allied, if in fact the doctor is saying "flat", I'm told no. Anyone have any idea what is being said? The sentence is " On digital rectal exam the prostate is (flat, flas, flaccid) without firmness or nodularity." Thanks for any help on this problem. ...

Flat Burnt Out On My Job.
Dec 09, 2011

New QA's and they are "redoing" everything, including report formats.  We've had to correct them on a few items and yet they storm ahead and are making work miserable.  Doctors I've typed for now over 10 years and the new QA person acts as though I'm new and never heard his dictation and "here's how it should be from now on."  WTH? Seriously?  She changes words and puts in the wrong words, not even what was ever said, and then my pay hurts because of ...

Respiratory Distress
Apr 04, 2012

s/l "ticket nick" for breathing problems along with retractions...can't find anything like that anywhere. ...

Respiratory Exam
Oct 18, 2012

is this right transient edema? ...

Respiratory Failure
Apr 16, 2014

patient under respiratory failure with s/l "six" serotonin syndrome ...

Flat Page Rate
Nov 01, 2012

Can anyone tell me if they know what a flat page rate is? I have no idea if it means a full page, or any kind of a partial page. I am an IC and I have always been paid by the line. I have come across this and just need to know before I apply. ...