A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l the faran shows a smooth tongue - newbie

Posted: Mar 28, 2010

This is a physical exam and the word is broke up

Broken Up Word - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If the word is BROKEN up, you have to flag according to protocol. However, pharynx might fit.

Similar Messages:

Asking Somewhat Tongue In Cheek, But Is There
Jul 15, 2014

a company out there who really does care about its employees/ICs?  I have worked for so many that just do not care.....:((( ...

Does This Sound Right? Bulk In His Tongue?
Oct 20, 2009

He has fairly normal bulk in his tongue, but has very clear fasciculations. Direct testing of strength of his tongue is normal. Extraocular movements are full.   I thought it was tone, but it sure sounds liek he says tongue ...

Medication For Black Tongue
Jun 03, 2010

Doctor has a patient with a black tongue secondary to medication.  He gives her a prescritpion for what s/l "mycolatrocious" to apply q.i.d. to the tongue.  I rarely have a med I can't find but this one has me stumped!  Any suggestions?? ...

Tongue Tied --- S/l Salitic Or Salidic Or Cyalitic
Jul 20, 2011

Regarding an abscess, doctor says: this may have been there for longer than 24 hours as it appeared that there were somechronic overlying skin changes on the wound. However, given the overlying {salytic}changes as well as the manifestations of fever, he was started on Keflex. ...

OR Report Used A S/l "ras" To Smooth The Bone Off
Jan 19, 2010

NM TIA ...

S/l "Hawkins Wright" Examination For Base Of Tongue, Epiglottis, AE Folds.
Jun 08, 2010

Hawkins Wright examination performed today revealed a normal appearing base of tongue, epiglottis, AE folds, arytenoids, false vocal cords, and true vocals cords with normal true vocal cord movement.   ...

On Neuro Exam: Pretty Clearly Says "pal Pupil" Raise Is Symmetric. Tongue Protrusion Is
Apr 13, 2011

Shoulder shrug is symmetric.  Romberg is negative.  He has no dysmetria.  ...

"Tongue Has A S/l Gworfitis Appearance."
Nov 14, 2009

This patient has a very sore throat and very red oral mucosa.  The doc says "The tongue has a s/l gworfitis appearance."  I am stumped.  This doctor is from India and does not tend to mix up "r" and "l" sounds as do some of the Asian dictators. Anyone know what this could be? I long for the days of "beefy red tongue"... ...

No Shows
Dec 16, 2012

My TSM is fired up today cuz lots and lots of no shows for shifts and nearly every account is out of TAT.    Why does this surprise her with the news that we received last week?   It was hard enough, and then they make it even harder to make a near poverty living.    ...

CT Abdomen Shows (sm)
Apr 29, 2010

compression fracture and marked ?"Gibbles" deformity.   Patient is several years status post MVA with paraplegia, multiple surgeries, and complications.   Thank you so much for helping! ...

Research Shows - MTs Are Better!
Oct 10, 2011

We've always known it, but now the medical research is bearing out the same truth: MTs are more accurate than speech recognition. I try to keep track of studies like this; they're good ammunition! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21940580     ...

S/l Pharynx Shows PMG Changes
Jan 06, 2013

In physical examination, doctor describes pharynx with what sounds like PMG changes. P&G? PNG? BNG? Thank you in advance for any help! ...

Skin Exam Shows S/l So Lar El /an Tij En Ees
May 24, 2010

Skin exam shows s/l so lar el/ an tij en ees ( 2 words, I believe) and pigmented nevi.  ...

MRI Of The Brain With And Without Contrast Shows There Is No
Jul 21, 2010

evidence of acute infarct or significant abnormal intracranial enhancement.  There are a few scattered s/l *pho-ki* of T2 and flare hyperintense signal which are nonspecific.   ...

MRI Of The Hip Shows Multiloculated Subchondral
Feb 08, 2011

x ...

CT Scan Shows (something) Of The Thorax
Sep 28, 2011

"A CT scan shows ---- of the thorax." Sounds like "ess-cu-min-o-sis" but the audio is poor.  Any suggestions would be very welcome, thanks! ...

My TL No Longer Shows Up On My Comagent
Nov 16, 2012

I just noticed today that my TL no longer shows up on my comagent.  I always keep it open on my desktop and can tell who is on and who isn't and her name is always there regardless of whether she is working or not and then today all of a sudden her name is gone.  Very strange.  Her email address still shows up though ...

Work Shows Up All Of A Sudden?
Apr 18, 2013

I've been sitting here all day with no work and all of a sudden 600 minutes shows up in one hospital in my BOB.  Where has it been all day?  I already signed off NJA.  ...

MM ASR Shows Off Even More Talent (in Not Being Accurate)
Nov 01, 2013

ASR replaced the dictated generic with the brand name of the drug. What the heck??? Now it is prescribing brand-name medications along with diagnosing patients and doing physical examinations. MM ASR is certainly multi-talented. ...

DQS Shows Yellow Light Now.....whatever That Means......
Jan 13, 2010

Red means it's down, green means it up...what does yellow mean?  Sigh.....I'm glad I came to this board first before starting my shift.  I was prepared for problems.......     ...

Transcend Shows Its Appreciation For MT Week...
May 18, 2010

...with a pay cut.  Way to raise moral and keep employees happy guys!  Wow, wish I could think of a good way to return the favor and show my appreciation. ...

L Knee - MRI Shows A Likely Subcortical S/l Specular
Jun 15, 2011

x ...

Isn't It Cool That The New Payroll System Shows You
Jan 25, 2011

when you last performance review/raise was?  LOL!!! Like I have had to many I cant remember the last one... NOT! ...

Radiology Report Shows S/l *lumpy*
Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula. ...

S/l C-NUT Shows A Sodium Of 143, Potassium 3.5, Chloride 107, Etc.
Apr 23, 2013

. ...

How Is It That I Get NJA, And A Job Finally Shows Up With Job Number Prior To Last One I Did?
May 01, 2013

We no longer have jobs waiting in a que for us (2 jobs loaded so you don't have to wait for the download. ...

How Do You Type ... Lumbosacral Spine Shows Narrowing Of The L4 5 5 S1
Nov 20, 2009

an x-ray of the lumbosacral spine shows narrowing of the L4 5 5 S1 spine on the anteroposterior view. tia. ...

Cardio Word: EKG Shows S/l Fugada? Vugada?
May 29, 2010

ASSESSMENT: EKG shows a pattern of S/L FUGATA or VUGADA  ????? in all my years of MT, I haven't heard this term... ...

MRI Shows Strain Of The Supinator And S/l Cronial Attachments To
Aug 01, 2010

x ...

MRI Shows A Medial Meniscus Tear Of The Right Knee With A
Sep 27, 2010

x ...