A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Proper way to type years of residency...please see message - mt12

Posted: Jul 25, 2012

A resident is dictating a letter for a doctor and I am not sure of the proper way to type the year of residency:  "Dictated by Dr. Carol Smith, Resident 3, for Dr. Jones."  OR:  "Dictated by Dr. Carol Smith, Resident III, for Dr. Jones."  TIA!

I prefer "Resident 3" - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks! - mt12

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks!

Different take. All of our residents use PGY-1 or PGY-2, etc. (post-graduate year) - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Similar Messages:

Proper Way To Type It
Dec 19, 2014

Doc just says in Diagnosis "3 4 neuroma" Should that be 3/4, 3-4, 3,4 or other? ...

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type SubQ?
Mar 28, 2014

Warfarin subQ b.i.d. TYIA. ...

Proper Way To Type Out Degree Of Burns
Oct 21, 2010

Can someone help me with the proper way to type third degree burns or 3rd degree burns.  thanks so much. ...

Proper Way To Type 10 And A Half Ounces?
Sep 26, 2011

I'm new to the AAMT book of style and just want to confirm...If dictation states 10 and a half ounces, do you type it as 10.5 ounces?  Thanks! ...

Proper Way To Type Smoking History
Sep 30, 2011

What is the proper way to transcribe: "... a 25 to 30-pack-year history of smoking..." Can someone please provide a reference in the BOS (3rd edition). Thanks!! ...

Proper Way To Type This Kind Of Drug Dosage?
Oct 22, 2010

.... 25 mg one-half daily, .... 5 mg one daily. Should I type it like that ^^ or should I use numbers? - 25 mg 1/2 daily, 5 mg 1 daily?? I know the BOS says to type out one number when there are 2 consecutive numbers, but these are technically not consecutive since they are seperated by mg. I can't find any official rules on what I should do here. any help appreciated. ...

What Is The Proper Way To Abbreviate "reference"... Please See Message
Apr 05, 2010

The doc is dictating a monograph and she says:  The aorta may dilate later in pregnancy, and the woman who already has a dilated aorta is at risk of dissection and rupture (reference Pyeritz).   Do I abbreviate reference as Ref: Pyreitz?  Or spell it out?  TIA...... ...

Just Finished My First Week Of Residency
Jul 01, 2012

After working for the Q/M-Modal for 15 years, and transcribing for 30 years total, I transcribed my last report on Friday, 06/22/2012 and started residency.  I got paid $863 this week for less than 40 hours of work, and I didn't listen to a single report.  I almost felt guilty.  I get 15 days off this year paid vacation, which will go up to 18 hours next year.  Sure, it was a lot of work to get here, but it was much easier on me than the other students bec ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type "acute On Chronic?"
Mar 03, 2010

Is it acute-on-chronic?  Or acute on chronic? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type Q.4 H. When The Physician Says Q.4 Hours Not Q.4 "H" Sm
May 06, 2011

I do not have the third edition BOS and curious as to what it says also.  Thanks ...

Laceration Type... Please See Message
Sep 05, 2014

He has a s/l fillake or sillake laceration above the eyebrow with residual hematoma. TIA ...

Type 1 Diabetes..check S/l Dexy? .....see Message
Jan 03, 2012

The patient is a type 1 diabetic.  The doctor says:  She does not check her s/l dexy in the morning on weekends.  At another spot in the dictation under the plan the doc says: Check s/l dexy in the morning on weekends and give correction as needed.  TIA ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

What Is The Proper Way
Aug 01, 2010

crow's feet crows' feet crows feet THANKS!!  ...

What Is The Proper Way To Write...
Jun 11, 2010

What is the prope way to type this out:   five-tenths of a cc. I have been typing 0.5 cc, but I am thinking maybe it should be 0.05 cc.  Please help set me straight!  Thanks! ...

Proper Height
Jul 16, 2010

What is the current proper form for height when the doc says "height five-five?"  I am so paranoid about everything now with MQ. ...

Which Is The Proper Way - T3N0 Or T3 N0 Or T3, N0 Or T3-N0
Oct 20, 2011

Is there a right or wrong way.  I'm researching and all of those come up. Thanks, ...

Proper Use Of Hispanic
Mar 07, 2012

I was wondering if I should correct this doctor. He said She is Hispanic speaking, but Hispanic isn't a language. Should I put Spanish? ...

Proper Use Of Plurals
Apr 02, 2013

Ok, is it proper to say "bottoms of both feet" or "bottom of both feet"?? My dictator and I have been going around and around on this...please help! ...

Proper Names
Apr 10, 2013

It must be too early.  I've talked myself in and out of this but need a little help here.  In names such as Martinez, when the sentence is, "she was sent from Dr. Martinez's office" is it Martinez's or Martinez'.  Told you it was early.  Would appreciate the help please.  Thank you.  ...

Proper Format
Dec 05, 2014

MD dictates C5-6... I usually change this to C5-C6, as it seems that is the more correct way.  Should C5-6 be used? ...

Is It Proper To Write - Three ML Of Anesthesia
Jun 30, 2010

Doing a report and they begin the sentence with -  3 mL of anesthesia.  Can't find this in the BOS or anywhere.   Is it proper to type Three mL of anesthesia, or is this an exception to start a sentence with 3 mL.   Thanks, mt ...

What Is The Proper Etiquette In Most Settings If You Don't
May 20, 2010

You can challenge them if you feel certain they are wrong, yes? Is it not koshur to question them too often?  How about 2 challenges that you prevailed on, but by the third question are they sick of you anyway, never mind you were right the first 2 times. ...

Epis Proper Abbreviation?
Dec 18, 2010

As in epithelial cells, if dictated as "epis", what is the proper way to type that? I saw one place "epis", one "EPIs". Help appreciated, I am currently lacking the appropriate reference material for abbreviations and cannot find this info online. tia ...

What Is The Proper Way To Abbreviate Subcutaneous?...
Mar 19, 2011

subcu, sub-cu, sub-Q, etc..?  TIA ...

I Hope This Is The Proper Forum To Ask
Oct 10, 2014

ANYONE who uses Windows 7 and Enterprise Express Editor..help me! I need to know how to go backwards to put in the date that a doctor saw a patient.  On my old program, EXText, I did CTRL J and it went back.  Now, it says that macros are disabled.  I don't know how to make this work.  ANYONE out there able to help me?  I just went from an XP to a Windows 7 and from ExText to Enterprise Express Editor.  They are very similar programs but these little changes are ...

Proper Format Of Sentence
Feb 04, 2015

The doctor dictated: CRP stable at 15.4 high. How would this be formatted? Would it be correct as CRP, stable at 15.4; high. ?? ...