A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

proper names - Teri

Posted: Apr 10, 2013

It must be too early.  I've talked myself in and out of this but need a little help here.  In names such as Martinez, when the sentence is, "she was sent from Dr. Martinez's office" is it Martinez's or Martinez'.  Told you it was early.  Would appreciate the help please.  Thank you. 

What I Do - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I put the apostrophe s on for names ending in z. I don't put the apostrophe s on for names ending in s.

Treat z's like s's - Apostrophe at end

[ In Reply To ..]
Dr. Simmons' office

Dr. Diaz' office

Similar Messages:

Capitalization Question For NOT Proper Names...
Jan 13, 2011

So since I started with this new company, they have implemented capitalizing things like "I am sending the patient to Neurology".  The patient will follow up with Cardiology.  Now, is it just me, or are these NOT proper names and therefore shouldn't be capitalized, or is this a new rule that I have missed somewhere?  I thought if it is "UCSF Neurology" that would be capitalized.. am I crazy?  This is driving me a little nutso. Thanks ...

What Is The Proper Way
Aug 01, 2010

crow's feet crows' feet crows feet THANKS!!  ...

What Is The Proper Way To Write...
Jun 11, 2010

What is the prope way to type this out:   five-tenths of a cc. I have been typing 0.5 cc, but I am thinking maybe it should be 0.05 cc.  Please help set me straight!  Thanks! ...

Proper Height
Jul 16, 2010

What is the current proper form for height when the doc says "height five-five?"  I am so paranoid about everything now with MQ. ...

Which Is The Proper Way - T3N0 Or T3 N0 Or T3, N0 Or T3-N0
Oct 20, 2011

Is there a right or wrong way.  I'm researching and all of those come up. Thanks, ...

Proper Use Of Hispanic
Mar 07, 2012

I was wondering if I should correct this doctor. He said She is Hispanic speaking, but Hispanic isn't a language. Should I put Spanish? ...

Proper Use Of Plurals
Apr 02, 2013

Ok, is it proper to say "bottoms of both feet" or "bottom of both feet"?? My dictator and I have been going around and around on this...please help! ...

Proper Format
Dec 05, 2014

MD dictates C5-6... I usually change this to C5-C6, as it seems that is the more correct way.  Should C5-6 be used? ...

Proper Way To Type It
Dec 19, 2014

Doc just says in Diagnosis "3 4 neuroma" Should that be 3/4, 3-4, 3,4 or other? ...

Doc Names, Etc
Aug 11, 2011

Can someone explain to me why, if I get paid by the line, I spend so much time looking up doctor names, facility names, the local burger joint, etc, but I don't get paid for that? ??  I am going to throw in the towel with transcription and look for a job that pays by the hour.  This line stuff is a joke.  Can't get up speed or stay with a rhythm for stopping to try to find names of people, places and things. ...

Names On W2's
Jan 25, 2015

Anyone notice their W2 now actually says Nuance Transcription Services and no longer Transcend DBA Nuance... Last year there were lots of comments about our W2's (all of us, not just those who came in from Transcend) saying Transcend.  I even wrote HR to see what was up with that. They never told us about the change to Transcend and certainly didn't mention the change back to Nuance. Oh well.  Just an observation. ...

We Need POD Names
Mar 25, 2015

etc anymore.  Ideas? ...

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

Is It Proper To Write - Three ML Of Anesthesia
Jun 30, 2010

Doing a report and they begin the sentence with -  3 mL of anesthesia.  Can't find this in the BOS or anywhere.   Is it proper to type Three mL of anesthesia, or is this an exception to start a sentence with 3 mL.   Thanks, mt ...

What Is The Proper Etiquette In Most Settings If You Don't
May 20, 2010

You can challenge them if you feel certain they are wrong, yes? Is it not koshur to question them too often?  How about 2 challenges that you prevailed on, but by the third question are they sick of you anyway, never mind you were right the first 2 times. ...

Epis Proper Abbreviation?
Dec 18, 2010

As in epithelial cells, if dictated as "epis", what is the proper way to type that? I saw one place "epis", one "EPIs". Help appreciated, I am currently lacking the appropriate reference material for abbreviations and cannot find this info online. tia ...

What Is The Proper Way To Abbreviate Subcutaneous?...
Mar 19, 2011

subcu, sub-cu, sub-Q, etc..?  TIA ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type SubQ?
Mar 28, 2014

Warfarin subQ b.i.d. TYIA. ...

I Hope This Is The Proper Forum To Ask
Oct 10, 2014

ANYONE who uses Windows 7 and Enterprise Express Editor..help me! I need to know how to go backwards to put in the date that a doctor saw a patient.  On my old program, EXText, I did CTRL J and it went back.  Now, it says that macros are disabled.  I don't know how to make this work.  ANYONE out there able to help me?  I just went from an XP to a Windows 7 and from ExText to Enterprise Express Editor.  They are very similar programs but these little changes are ...

Proper Format Of Sentence
Feb 04, 2015

The doctor dictated: CRP stable at 15.4 high. How would this be formatted? Would it be correct as CRP, stable at 15.4; high. ?? ...

Finding PA/PAC Names!
Oct 28, 2009

For those "low-talkers" who won't spell the PA/PACs name, combined with my endless list of names, does anyone know the easiest way to just do a generic search for all of them? It's exhausting! Thanks, y'all! ...

LOOKING UP NAMES AND ADDRESSES
Nov 12, 2009

Does anyone else ever have a problem with a doctor/nurse, etc. who sends out letters or just on regular reports who gives no complete names or addresses?  We have a place to go look them up but it does sometimes take a chunk out of my time doing it.  One or two minutes means a lot sometimes.  I have one doctor who dictates letters to "Dr. Smith, Dr. Jones," etc. and there are only about 10 of each of those listed and sometimes you cannot tell what the specialty is to look it up.&n ...

Rx - Brand Names
Jan 05, 2010

When typing a name like Topicort - if it is cream or ointment, are those capitalized?  Also Selsun shampoo - is the word shampoo capitalized?  Thanks ...

Help On Medicaton Names: S/l Di-mop-er-ide And S/l Am-a-fed.
Aug 27, 2010

Only lists lupus as PMH, so nothing much to go by.  TIA!!! ...

Excessive Use Of Pts Names.
Jun 16, 2011

I just did a report that only had 14 lines and the pts name was used, Mr. XXXXX, a total of 16 times.  The report ended up sounding so stupid. ...

Military Names
Feb 02, 2012

Doctor dictates   The patient is apprehensive about his upcoming assignment with the Army.    Capitalize Army???? ...

Patient Names
Mar 15, 2012

So, this being the most friendly and up-to-date board around regarding MT practices, can I get some opinions about the HIPAA 'privacy rule' and your doctors using patient names in their notes, clinic or otherwise. I am not sure how an HIM department can say to a physician how using a patient name in a transcribed report is not going against the Privacy rule in HIPAA.  This kind of stuff just irks me!!!Any comments??  Thanks in advance.... ...

I'm DONE Trying To Decipher Names
Aug 14, 2012

99% of the wasted "down time" I have in my work day is trying to decipher doctor names, patient names, referral names, dictator names, resident/assistant names and I'm literally sick to death of it.  From now on if I don't hear the name the VERY FIRST TIME it's said it's going to be LEFT BLANK.  No more listening to it over and over and over and over trying to catch the first syllable or the last, or even a piece of the name - I sometimes spend 5 whole minutes PER R ...

Vaccination Names
Aug 31, 2012

I am pretty sure I read this in BOS but can't seem to find it now.  Do you capitalize something like tetanus when it refers to the vaccine and not the actual condition?  As in Tetanus Vaccine or Tetanus vaccine to prevent tetanus. ...

Doctor Names
May 01, 2013

my mtso switched to a new system and all the doc names I had in my data base are gone.  what a pain to start over.  any simple way to do this.  all the doc names come up as spelling errors and i am adding them slowly and painfully ty ...