A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

proper way to type 10 and a half ounces? - LHMT

Posted: Sep 26, 2011

I'm new to the AAMT book of style and just want to confirm...If dictation states 10 and a half ounces, do you type it as 10.5 ounces?  Thanks!

Yep - Backwoods typist

[ In Reply To ..]
You are correct, 10.5 ounces.

Fractions are cover on page 242 - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
in the 3rd edition of the AHDI Book of Style.

This should be 10-1/2 ounces.

The decimal system is used in the metric system.

Yep, you are correct - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

10-1/2 ounces is correct. nm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

How Would You Type "half And Half 1% Lidocaine"
Oct 15, 2013

Proper Way To Type It
Dec 19, 2014

Doc just says in Diagnosis "3 4 neuroma" Should that be 3/4, 3-4, 3,4 or other? ...

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type SubQ?
Mar 28, 2014

Warfarin subQ b.i.d. TYIA. ...

Proper Way To Type Out Degree Of Burns
Oct 21, 2010

Can someone help me with the proper way to type third degree burns or 3rd degree burns.  thanks so much. ...

Proper Way To Type Smoking History
Sep 30, 2011

What is the proper way to transcribe: "... a 25 to 30-pack-year history of smoking..." Can someone please provide a reference in the BOS (3rd edition). Thanks!! ...

Proper Way To Type This Kind Of Drug Dosage?
Oct 22, 2010

.... 25 mg one-half daily, .... 5 mg one daily. Should I type it like that ^^ or should I use numbers? - 25 mg 1/2 daily, 5 mg 1 daily?? I know the BOS says to type out one number when there are 2 consecutive numbers, but these are technically not consecutive since they are seperated by mg. I can't find any official rules on what I should do here. any help appreciated. ...

Proper Way To Type Years Of Residency...please See Message
Jul 25, 2012

A resident is dictating a letter for a doctor and I am not sure of the proper way to type the year of residency:  "Dictated by Dr. Carol Smith, Resident 3, for Dr. Jones."  OR:  "Dictated by Dr. Carol Smith, Resident III, for Dr. Jones."  TIA! ...

How To You Transcribe This: Half 1% Lidocaine And Half Percent Marcaine.
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

Pounds And Ounces
Sep 03, 2010

How do I transcribe 6 pounds 1 ounce ?  6#1oz, or 6 lb 1 oz or ???? Thank You ! ...

Time And A Half Or Line And A Half Tomorrow
Jul 03, 2013

x ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type "acute On Chronic?"
Mar 03, 2010

Is it acute-on-chronic?  Or acute on chronic? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type Q.4 H. When The Physician Says Q.4 Hours Not Q.4 "H" Sm
May 06, 2011

I do not have the third edition BOS and curious as to what it says also.  Thanks ...

How Do You Type "1 Year And A Half"
Jan 19, 2011

do you type it as I did in the subject line or do you type "one and one-half years"? ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

0.5 Of 1% (or) One-half Of 1%.
Jun 10, 2011

Which is correct?   Thank you! ...

Pay Cut In Half?
Aug 26, 2013

With Fluency my pay will be cut in half - 4 cents now instead of 8 cents.......am scared to death. ...

1/2 Pin Or Half Pin??
Feb 20, 2015

A 2.7 mm ___ pin was placed in bicortical fashion. ...

What Is The Proper Way
Aug 01, 2010

crow's feet crows' feet crows feet THANKS!!  ...

Been Here Half A Year
Aug 18, 2011

Ive never not given a notice, but I interviewed today and might get the job. You all know the deal, I just can't afford to work here and they want to fill the position Im trying for immediately.  Do you think after only 6 months, I have to give them a notice?  If so, how much of one?  It feels so wrong to just up and quit, but I can't pay my bills!  Another 2 weeks, or even one just puts me further in the whole.  I made more on unemployment! ...

1 Little Job In Half An Hour
Jan 24, 2013

13 jobs in 2 days. Love it!  Make sure to put it in Remedy though so they can keep track and work later hours when jobs are there. Sorry, that's not an option for me.  ...

Anyone Want My Rad Work...i'll Pay U Half
Jan 28, 2013

Im loaded with work, over 400 jobs on the system and i just dont feel like doing it.  How's that....sell off my work hahaha, act like MModal and let someone else do it for "half".      ...

And I Get Paid Half For This?
Sep 11, 2013

Dictated: and if he does okay, will send him home. ASR: he had a dislocation of the long pants array. So close ASR, so close!! American doctor, no accent, clear as day. But thanks for trying If it was an occasional thing, I could understand but seems to be getting worse rather then better. ...

What Is The Proper Way To Write...
Jun 11, 2010

What is the prope way to type this out:   five-tenths of a cc. I have been typing 0.5 cc, but I am thinking maybe it should be 0.05 cc.  Please help set me straight!  Thanks! ...

Proper Height
Jul 16, 2010

What is the current proper form for height when the doc says "height five-five?"  I am so paranoid about everything now with MQ. ...

Which Is The Proper Way - T3N0 Or T3 N0 Or T3, N0 Or T3-N0
Oct 20, 2011

Is there a right or wrong way.  I'm researching and all of those come up. Thanks, ...

Proper Use Of Hispanic
Mar 07, 2012

I was wondering if I should correct this doctor. He said She is Hispanic speaking, but Hispanic isn't a language. Should I put Spanish? ...

Proper Use Of Plurals
Apr 02, 2013

Ok, is it proper to say "bottoms of both feet" or "bottom of both feet"?? My dictator and I have been going around and around on this...please help! ...

Proper Names
Apr 10, 2013

It must be too early.  I've talked myself in and out of this but need a little help here.  In names such as Martinez, when the sentence is, "she was sent from Dr. Martinez's office" is it Martinez's or Martinez'.  Told you it was early.  Would appreciate the help please.  Thank you.  ...

Proper Format
Dec 05, 2014

MD dictates C5-6... I usually change this to C5-C6, as it seems that is the more correct way.  Should C5-6 be used? ...