A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it proper to write - Three mL of anesthesia - mt

Posted: Jun 30, 2010

Doing a report and they begin the sentence with -  3 mL of anesthesia.  Can't find this in the BOS or anywhere.

Is it proper to type Three mL of anesthesia, or is this an exception to start a sentence with 3 mL.

Thanks,

mt

3 mL - INMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally what I do usually is try to begin the sentence with an additional word, or try to incorporate that into the last sentence,, I really dont know for sure what is 100% correct, but IF you must start with Three mL I would probably do: Three millilters,,,JMO

Since this is not a sentence, you can start with 3, and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
when you do spell out an amount it would be three milliliters, not three mL.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Proper Way To Write...
Jun 11, 2010

What is the prope way to type this out:   five-tenths of a cc. I have been typing 0.5 cc, but I am thinking maybe it should be 0.05 cc.  Please help set me straight!  Thanks! ...

Doctor States "surgery Under MAC Anesthesia." Is Anesthesia Redundant As MAC Is Monitored
Oct 17, 2009

x ...

Pt Denies Saddle Anesthesia Or "sandals" Anesthesia.
Aug 09, 2011

:) ...

Is There Such A Thing As "excellent Anesthesia" Or "exelon Anesthesia"
May 16, 2010

Is there such a thing as "excellent anesthesia" or "exelon anesthesia". My dictation sure sounds like one of those but can't seem to find these terms. Any help would be great. Thanks   ...

MAC Anesthesia
Jul 10, 2014

What does MAC stand for? I thought it was monitored anesthesia care but I saw something else when googling -- minimal something. Thanks for your help. ...

Anesthesia GAK/GAC?
Mar 12, 2015

The doctor says, anesthesia, GAK/GAC?, 0.5% Marcaine with IV sedation.  I can't verify the word GAK/GAC?  Help please, and thanks in advance.  ...

Sounds Like TPT Under Anesthesia????
Oct 14, 2009

TBT or TPT.....hard to hear what she is saying but it is under Anesthesia.... ...

Anesthesia Question Help Please
Apr 01, 2010

This is an operative report for a vein graft procedure: Under ultrasound guidance, [?] anesthesia was injected along the course of the saphenous vein.  Again, a total of 300 cc of [?] anesthesia was utilized.  s/l "tamessin", all I could find was temazin, a cold medicine?? Seems like it should be something else.  TIA ...

GAV And MET Dental Anesthesia?
Apr 08, 2010

Hello...I have a dental procedure under anesthesia....Sounds like she's saying the anesthesia is "G A V and met" - Is GAV and MET correct? ...

S/l Propifithol Anesthesia
Apr 21, 2010

He was seen in the emergency room and under s/l propoferol anesthesia had a closed reduction. tia. ...

Type Of Anesthesia?
May 04, 2010

Has anyone heard of an anesthesia (type or drug) that sounds like "elemania" anesthesia? This doctor has said it twice and it sounds the same each time...kind of run together, but I can't find anything close to it anywhere. ...

Anesthesia Word?
May 26, 2010

The anesthetist was able to bring the sats back up with some s/l babneic? ...

Anesthesia Word
Aug 25, 2010

s/l de-mess-ence ? under local standby anesthesia with d_____ ...

After (___) Anesthesia Was Induced...
Mar 10, 2011

This is a new doctor for me, and in the last 2 reports he said the same thing.  I can't figure it out. It s/l a-quill of After (___) of anesthesia was induced the patient’s left upper extremity was prepped and draped in the usual sterile manner. Thank you. ...

Local Anesthesia
Jan 24, 2012

Hi this is a mini op to remove mass on the left hand. He says Anesthesia: Dr. *** "s/l acinic" local with digital block. ...

Anesthesia - MAC With Local...?
Oct 05, 2012

Operative report for removal of a foreign body (wood) in the right ring finger. Anesthesia sentence is very unclear--dictator with an accent mumbling! "ANESTHESIA:  MAC with local [s/l vessel] with metacarpal block [s/l oxygen dioxygen]." Makes no sense. Block also slurrs into the following word which s/l oxygen. ...

Spinal Anesthesia
May 23, 2013

After negative aspiration for CSF or blood, 1 cc (s/l Almutate) 180 was injected ...

S/l Maki Anesthesia
Jun 13, 2013

Anyone ever heard of s/l Maki anesthesia for carpal tunnel release? ...

What Is The Proper Way
Aug 01, 2010

crow's feet crows' feet crows feet THANKS!!  ...

Subtle Or Settle Anesthesia?
Nov 18, 2009

He has occasional groin aches but no bowel and bladder problems or "subtle" or "settle" anesthesia.  i first put subtle but then thought maybe there was something there that I was missing?? ...

Anesthesia Sounds Like VAC Application?
Dec 08, 2009

Anesthesia:  General with sounds like VAC application?  Thanks! ...

Ethyl Chloride Anesthesia
Nov 02, 2010

Is it ethyl chloride anesthesia? ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Lynch MAC Anesthesia? (NM)
Nov 09, 2010

TIA ...

Significant Anesthesia Of Extremities?
Dec 28, 2011

Dictator dictating the extremity section of PE and says significant right-sided hemiplegia, significant "anesthesia."?  Would this be what is sounds like?  TIA. ...

The Patient Was _____ From Anesthesia And Taken.....
Apr 12, 2013

You know most dictators say this at the end of an operative report- "The patient was (awoke, awaken?) from anesthesia and taken to the recovery room in stable condition." I would like to know once and for all what is the correct word to use- awoke, awaken or something else??? Thanks, Christine ...

Neuro Endotracheal Anesthesia ?
May 16, 2015

Hi Everyone. I am doing a transcription for a circumcision on a 3-year-old. Can't find neuro endotracheal anesthesia anywhere and it probably isn't right. Can someone help me out with this. The Doctor is ESL. I am having problems with a lot of the words for this operation. Thank you for you help.   ...

Proper Height
Jul 16, 2010

What is the current proper form for height when the doc says "height five-five?"  I am so paranoid about everything now with MQ. ...

Which Is The Proper Way - T3N0 Or T3 N0 Or T3, N0 Or T3-N0
Oct 20, 2011

Is there a right or wrong way.  I'm researching and all of those come up. Thanks, ...

Proper Use Of Hispanic
Mar 07, 2012

I was wondering if I should correct this doctor. He said She is Hispanic speaking, but Hispanic isn't a language. Should I put Spanish? ...

Proper Use Of Plurals
Apr 02, 2013

Ok, is it proper to say "bottoms of both feet" or "bottom of both feet"?? My dictator and I have been going around and around on this...please help! ...