A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the proper way to write... - DLM

Posted: Jun 11, 2010

What is the prope way to type this out:

five-tenths of a cc.

I have been typing 0.5 cc, but I am thinking maybe it should be 0.05 cc.  Please help set me straight!  Thanks!

0.5 cc - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't 0.05 cc be five-hundredths of a cc?

google - r

[ In Reply To ..]
if you google "5/10 cc" it says it is equivalent to 0.5 mL which I think is the same way as saying 0.5 cc

Yep, 5/10 is the same as 1/2 or 0.5 cc or mL - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

thanks - DLM

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks I did google it and I came up with 0.5, just fogot to get back to you-all, but thanks so much for your help!

Similar Messages:

Is It Proper To Write - Three ML Of Anesthesia
Jun 30, 2010

Doing a report and they begin the sentence with -  3 mL of anesthesia.  Can't find this in the BOS or anywhere.   Is it proper to type Three mL of anesthesia, or is this an exception to start a sentence with 3 mL.   Thanks, mt ...

What Is The Proper Way
Aug 01, 2010

crow's feet crows' feet crows feet THANKS!!  ...

Proper Height
Jul 16, 2010

What is the current proper form for height when the doc says "height five-five?"  I am so paranoid about everything now with MQ. ...

Which Is The Proper Way - T3N0 Or T3 N0 Or T3, N0 Or T3-N0
Oct 20, 2011

Is there a right or wrong way.  I'm researching and all of those come up. Thanks, ...

Proper Use Of Hispanic
Mar 07, 2012

I was wondering if I should correct this doctor. He said She is Hispanic speaking, but Hispanic isn't a language. Should I put Spanish? ...

Proper Use Of Plurals
Apr 02, 2013

Ok, is it proper to say "bottoms of both feet" or "bottom of both feet"?? My dictator and I have been going around and around on this...please help! ...

Proper Names
Apr 10, 2013

It must be too early.  I've talked myself in and out of this but need a little help here.  In names such as Martinez, when the sentence is, "she was sent from Dr. Martinez's office" is it Martinez's or Martinez'.  Told you it was early.  Would appreciate the help please.  Thank you.  ...

Proper Format
Dec 05, 2014

MD dictates C5-6... I usually change this to C5-C6, as it seems that is the more correct way.  Should C5-6 be used? ...

Proper Way To Type It
Dec 19, 2014

Doc just says in Diagnosis "3 4 neuroma" Should that be 3/4, 3-4, 3,4 or other? ...

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

What Is The Proper Etiquette In Most Settings If You Don't
May 20, 2010

You can challenge them if you feel certain they are wrong, yes? Is it not koshur to question them too often?  How about 2 challenges that you prevailed on, but by the third question are they sick of you anyway, never mind you were right the first 2 times. ...

Epis Proper Abbreviation?
Dec 18, 2010

As in epithelial cells, if dictated as "epis", what is the proper way to type that? I saw one place "epis", one "EPIs". Help appreciated, I am currently lacking the appropriate reference material for abbreviations and cannot find this info online. tia ...

What Is The Proper Way To Abbreviate Subcutaneous?...
Mar 19, 2011

subcu, sub-cu, sub-Q, etc..?  TIA ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type SubQ?
Mar 28, 2014

Warfarin subQ b.i.d. TYIA. ...

I Hope This Is The Proper Forum To Ask
Oct 10, 2014

ANYONE who uses Windows 7 and Enterprise Express Editor..help me! I need to know how to go backwards to put in the date that a doctor saw a patient.  On my old program, EXText, I did CTRL J and it went back.  Now, it says that macros are disabled.  I don't know how to make this work.  ANYONE out there able to help me?  I just went from an XP to a Windows 7 and from ExText to Enterprise Express Editor.  They are very similar programs but these little changes are ...

Proper Format Of Sentence
Feb 04, 2015

The doctor dictated: CRP stable at 15.4 high. How would this be formatted? Would it be correct as CRP, stable at 15.4; high. ?? ...

Mandatory To Work Monday. Is It Proper Or
May 27, 2010

mandatory to work Monday (holiday) if you are normally scheduled to be off? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Transcribe IMEX Study?
Jul 27, 2010

What is the proper way to transcribe IMEX study?  ...

Proper Way To Type Out Degree Of Burns
Oct 21, 2010

Can someone help me with the proper way to type third degree burns or 3rd degree burns.  thanks so much. ...

Capitalization Question For NOT Proper Names...
Jan 13, 2011

So since I started with this new company, they have implemented capitalizing things like "I am sending the patient to Neurology".  The patient will follow up with Cardiology.  Now, is it just me, or are these NOT proper names and therefore shouldn't be capitalized, or is this a new rule that I have missed somewhere?  I thought if it is "UCSF Neurology" that would be capitalized.. am I crazy?  This is driving me a little nutso. Thanks ...

Proper Transcription Of Rib Number, I.e. 7th Or Seventh
Mar 10, 2011

My question is whether to transcribe "7th rib" or "seventh rib".  Here is the sentence:  "abnormal activity within the lateral right 7th rib with no corresponding CT abnormalities concerning for an osseous metastasis." Is it acceptable either way, or is one preferred over the other?  Client specs have no info regarding this. Thanks in advance!! ...

Proper Way To Type 10 And A Half Ounces?
Sep 26, 2011

I'm new to the AAMT book of style and just want to confirm...If dictation states 10 and a half ounces, do you type it as 10.5 ounces?  Thanks! ...

Proper Way To Type Smoking History
Sep 30, 2011

What is the proper way to transcribe: "... a 25 to 30-pack-year history of smoking..." Can someone please provide a reference in the BOS (3rd edition). Thanks!! ...

What's The Proper Form Of Salutation In A Letter To
Mar 09, 2014

His full title is   Joe Doe,  VP of Student Success, but he's actually a provost? So how would you respectfully and properly (sucking up) address this person in a letter?  Dear Provost Doe?   Dear Mr. Doe?     ...

Write Off?
Jun 11, 2010

Hi, eveyrone. I just started as an MT in Michigan, and I am going to be working from home fairly soon. I am moving back to New York for my music degree and transcribing in my free time. Problem: I have a very old laptop that is starting to fall apart. The keys don't always work and, although it is my baby, I can not keep using it for transcriptions. My boss had said he heard that we could write off a new laptop as an expense (much as flight attendants can write off their own laptops and mak ...

How Should I Write Out This CK Lab Value?
Jul 19, 2010

The doctor says,  " CK of fifty-nine-three-nine-four".   59,394? 59.394? 59-394? 59/394? 50, 93, 94? Thanks in advance for any and all enlightenment you can bestow upon me.  My brain is a fried mess - time for a break! ...

Write About It
Oct 13, 2012

Yahoo contributor network.  They will publish you.  All you have to do is register and write.     ...

How Do You Write Out...
May 02, 2013

It's a Whisper wire over-the-wire 1520Is over-the-wire capped or not?  I've seen both.  How do you write 1520?  Appreciate the help.  ...

What Is The Proper Format For Military Time? I Know No Colon, But...
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't the word "hours" ALWAYS follow, i.e. 1345 hours? ...

Proper Radiology/Nuclear Medicine Rates???
Jul 20, 2010

Wanting to see if anyone can give me input on what to charge a client for radiology/nuclear medicine transcription.  Straight transcription I know is anywhere from 10 to 15 cpl, if not more.  But anyone out there have good working knowledge of what radiology/nuclear medicine transcription fees should be???   ;-)  ...