A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Proper way to type out degree of burns - Toni

Posted: Oct 21, 2010

Can someone help me with the proper way to type third degree burns or 3rd degree burns.  thanks so much.

what my company wants - hope this helps

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what the BOS says on it, but my company wants it 3rd-degree burn. Hope this helps!

Defer to account specific first, but per BOS - II and III

[ In Reply To ..]
BOS II and III recommend numeric ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd) without hyphen for burns (1st degree burn.
See Classifications Systems; Burn Classifications (BOS II) and page 369 (BOS III)

Similar Messages:

Proper Way To Type It
Dec 19, 2014

Doc just says in Diagnosis "3 4 neuroma" Should that be 3/4, 3-4, 3,4 or other? ...

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type SubQ?
Mar 28, 2014

Warfarin subQ b.i.d. TYIA. ...

Proper Way To Type 10 And A Half Ounces?
Sep 26, 2011

I'm new to the AAMT book of style and just want to confirm...If dictation states 10 and a half ounces, do you type it as 10.5 ounces?  Thanks! ...

Proper Way To Type Smoking History
Sep 30, 2011

What is the proper way to transcribe: "... a 25 to 30-pack-year history of smoking..." Can someone please provide a reference in the BOS (3rd edition). Thanks!! ...

Proper Way To Type This Kind Of Drug Dosage?
Oct 22, 2010

.... 25 mg one-half daily, .... 5 mg one daily. Should I type it like that ^^ or should I use numbers? - 25 mg 1/2 daily, 5 mg 1 daily?? I know the BOS says to type out one number when there are 2 consecutive numbers, but these are technically not consecutive since they are seperated by mg. I can't find any official rules on what I should do here. any help appreciated. ...

Proper Way To Type Years Of Residency...please See Message
Jul 25, 2012

A resident is dictating a letter for a doctor and I am not sure of the proper way to type the year of residency:  "Dictated by Dr. Carol Smith, Resident 3, for Dr. Jones."  OR:  "Dictated by Dr. Carol Smith, Resident III, for Dr. Jones."  TIA! ...

So Should I Just Forego My MT 2 Year Degree And Go On To My Bachelors Degree In Something Else Compl
Mar 08, 2010

After hearing all the hum drum about the future of new medical transcriptionists on this website, I'm starting to feel like a real numskull for even choosing my 2 year degree in medical transcription. It just seems like there's no hope for new medical transcriptionists these days. Should I just get any regular job and just go for my bachelors degree in something completely different? Since I've been posting on hear for the last week and so far the answers to my questions have bee ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type "acute On Chronic?"
Mar 03, 2010

Is it acute-on-chronic?  Or acute on chronic? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type Q.4 H. When The Physician Says Q.4 Hours Not Q.4 "H" Sm
May 06, 2011

I do not have the third edition BOS and curious as to what it says also.  Thanks ...

Here Is What Burns Me Up.
May 05, 2010

I sat here yesterday AND Monday with NJA after there apparently was a huge backlog over the weekend with OT being approved, etc. NJA all day yesterday.  I log in today and there is tons of work that was all dictated YESTERDAY!!!  And I don't mean dictated at 10:00 at night or anything, no, this stuff was dictated yesterday morning and we're just now getting it this afternoon after having NJA all day yesterday?  CCM even sent out an email about all the available work! S ...

1st Degree Over First Degree AV Block
Feb 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me, and I mean if you are on the forum right now if 1st degree block AV block is now acceptable or even preferred over first degree AV block?  Don't get me wrong guys, no matter when you answer it, it will help me.  I would just have like an answer if possible tonight, but I realiize that is asking too much.  Just answer whenever you get some time.  I would appreciate it.  Thanks guys!! Hope!  ...

Has Anyone Heard Of "All Bat" It Sounds Like It Is An Artificial Skin Cover For Burns. NM
Oct 27, 2009

x ...

3rd Degree?
Apr 06, 2010

I've been all over the Internet and my texts and past assignments and I cannot find a definitive answer to this.  I'm trying to decide whether it should be "third degree compression fracture" or "3rd degree compression fracture" as everything I've seen online says to spell it out as it pertains to burns.  I'm assuming it would be the same for fractures, but I can't find anything that describes a compression fracture as a degree.  Does anyone know this one ...

I Don't Know What To Get A Degree In
Apr 19, 2014

I'm going back to school. I know that I want a bachelor's degree. The trouble is, I don't know what I want to study. My personality is introverted and shy. I can deal with co-workers, but dealing with the general public and customers is not my strong point.So careers where I'd have to be out front or a "leader" wouldn't be a good option for me. I can't/don't want to be a nurse or teacher. I had thought about getting a degree in Computer Science, but I am not g ...

If You Are An RMT, Is Having A Degree Still Important?
May 16, 2011

Hi all. I plan on taking the RMT test soon and feel confident of passing. My question is, if I do get the title, will employers care that I don't have a formal education in MT?... Would passing the test serve as adequate indication that I know enough to qualify? Thanks in advance. ...

15 Degree Blade Or 15-degree Blade?
May 24, 2011

not sure which is correct ...

College Degree
Feb 17, 2015

I see many job ads for coders that specify a college degree is required.  I am in coding school currently but only have a GED.  What do you think chances are I can get a job with no college degree?  I currently work as a remote MT and have almost 20 years of continuous experience in that field and was hoping that would help me get a job.  I am not at all, however, interested in getting a college degree. ...

Kaplan University Degree In MT?
Apr 12, 2010

My husband is close to finishing the MT program at Kaplan University.  He will end up is AS Degree - is this a good program? Does he have any chance of getting a job? This degree cost 10 times as much at the course from CareerStep. I sure hope we didn't waste ALOT of money for nothing. ...

Would An HIM Degree Make A Difference?
Jun 09, 2011

if I want to move to something other then transcription but stilll not waste the 12 years transcription experience I have?  ...

Kaplan University MT Degree
Oct 07, 2011

So about 6 months ago I started the MT program at Kaplan University and have been really enjoying it so far. I was reading in this forum earlier, however, and read about a school called Andrews. I was just wondering what the difference was between the degrees that are offered at Kaplan and Andrews and if anyone on the forum has graduated from Kaplan or is in their program and what they thought of the program and if they were abled to get hired right away or not.     ...

Degree Required To Transcribe?
Jan 23, 2012

Does anyone else here find it "interesting" that a company would require an Associates' or higher degree for their medical transcriptionists? ...

I Have A College Degree Question
Aug 23, 2012

I can't stand doing MT anymore.  I applied and have received Pell grants, yay!  Now, I need to decide on my major.  I want to be in a career where I can help people.  I'm thinking social work or psychology.  But I keep seeing jobs where they say "BA in Human Services needed."  Wouldn't this just be social work?   ...

Associates Degree Medical Coding
May 07, 2010

Im so confused, I keep reading on different forums on line how hard it can be to break into medical coding. Does having an AA degree help?  Is that a plus?  I see some on line colleges that are accredited offer AA degrees, AABS degrees, etc.....whats the difference? Is it better for a newbie to go straight to AHIMA and take their cluster of courses or take an on line billing class through one of the on-line universities, then go test at AHIMA and AAPC?  ...

Career Option If You Have A Bachelors Degree
Mar 12, 2012

Interesting post on the coding board about this, so I thought I would mention it here. If you have a bachelors degree in any subject, you can qualify to take the RHIA exam by completing a postbaccalaureate certificate program in health information administration that is accredited by AHIMA.  That opens up a lot of job opportunities.  You should have little trouble with a program like that because of your healthcare background. There are only a few of those programs and some are extre ...

RHIT DEGREE VS CODING CERTIFICATION
Feb 13, 2013

In researching an HIT degree, I have mostly come across job descriptions that include coding.  I am currently a medical transcriptionist and jobs are now being shipped off shore.  Are coding jobs being shipped off shore as well?  And, if so, what would the benefit be of a degree in Health Information Techology?  What jobs are available other than coding and medical records? ...

I Have An AA Degree In Liberal Arts From Years Ago
Nov 28, 2014

or does it need to be a specific AA degree in HIM, as far as what employers are looking for from coders with the proper certifications. ...

Do I Need An Associates Degree To Sit For The AHIMA Certification Exam?
May 09, 2010

so very confused now.  wanted to sign up for AHIMA but now i read this on their site.   Step One: Education Step one begins with a college education. You need to complete either an associate or bachelor's degree program in health information management offered at over 200 colleges and universities across the country. For a listing of accredited programs, click here.  ...

Latest Job-search Finding: A B.A. Degree Required
Sep 08, 2012

If I went through all the work, time and expense to have a Bachelor's Degree, I'd be pretty ticked off if that's all I could get with it. Still, that janitor's job paid a lot better than MT -  something like $18-20/hour.  That's why I looked. ...

What Is The Proper Way
Aug 01, 2010

crow's feet crows' feet crows feet THANKS!!  ...