A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the proper etiquette in most settings if you don't - agree with a QA change made?

Posted: May 20, 2010

You can challenge them if you feel certain they are wrong, yes? Is it not koshur to question them too often?  How about 2 challenges that you prevailed on, but by the third question are they sick of you anyway, never mind you were right the first 2 times.

I send the job to my supervisor who then checks - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
it out and gets back to me. If I am questioning it and I do not agree, I want to know why so I won't do it again. If I am correct, then the QA person is given the information. I have to say, however, that where I work questions regarding QA are appreciated and they acknowledge the fact that they are not always correct.

I send the job to my supervisor, who then blows me off. - (n/m) * Rocky Raccoon

[ In Reply To ..]

whatever you do...duck afterwards. - andneverdoitagain

[ In Reply To ..]

correcting QA - oldgraydog

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked MT and QA for over 20 years. If you think QA is wrong, simply send them the fact from wherever you got it. From the manual, from google, from wherever. QA is human trying to live indoors just like the rest of the world. When they know you are paying attention to their remarks they will slow down and review your work. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You are welcome.

thank you for taking the time nm - .

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

MTSO Etiquette
Aug 15, 2012

When applying for a job and sending a resume as requested by the ad, is it not good etiquette to receive at least a confirmation email stating the resume has been received?  How many days should one expect to wait for a confirmation email?  I sent out 2 resumes, 2 days ago, to 2 different companies, and received no confirmation whatsoever from either.  The second day, I sent them both another email, asking for confirmation of receipt of resume, and still no reply.  Are they r ...

Lack Of Professional Etiquette
Mar 22, 2011

Has professional business etiquette really slipped so far?  I can't tell you how many times I have applied to a posting for a job on here or have emailed my supervisor/authority figure at work and never even received an email back acknowledging my email was received. How hard is it to say....Thank you for your concerns. I know that we need to discuss them, and I will get in contact with you shortly to do so.  OR  Thanks for applying to the position or thanks for sending your ...

DocQspeech Settings.
May 20, 2010

One thing that is killing me on SR is when I get dictators that pause a lot.  Even using commands to speed up through the spaces, it is a waste of time.  Under Tools, Options, Speech Recognition, at the bottom there is a box to check for accelerated silence playback and a slider for 5 seconds to 30 seconds.  I have this checked, but nothing is different than when it is unchecked.  What is this supposed to do and why does it not seem to work?  I am not with Medquist, but ...

Speaker Settings
Jul 27, 2011

I am just starting out in transcription and I am needing help on how to set my speakers in order to hear better.  I currently have my bass down and my treble up but is there anything else I can do cause when the doctors get to talking really fast and running their  words together it is hard to make any sense of it at all ...

Can Someone Provide Me With Ventilator Settings? I Mean,
Feb 17, 2010

when doctors give settings for ventilators, FIO2, PEEP and so on.  If someone can provide me a simple list, I would appreciate it.  This isn't for a test and, sadly, I'm not a newbie.  I haven't done these type of reports in a while and my brain seems frozen over.  If anyone can grasp what I'm trying to say and could provide some simple answers, I would really appreciate it.    Thank you. ...

Transferring Word With Settings To New Computer
Nov 17, 2009

My 7-yr-old computer finally needs to be replaced, and I found a good deal on a new powerful machine, but I do not want to lose all of my Word settings, including dictionary, autocorrects, autotexts, macros, etc. It has taken me years to build these files and they make my work go very smoothly. If I install the same version of Word (2002) on my new machine, how do I transfer my customized Word program to the new machine so I can go right to work just like on the old machine? When I have tried ...

Express Scribe - What Settings Are You Using Under The Playback Tab
Feb 10, 2010

I wanted to know if anybody is using Express Scribe. If so, what settings are you using under the Playback tab. I am having a hard time listening to the doctors that I dictate for and the practice files I have to do for school (haven't passed my final yet). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Anyone Know What Other Time Settings Besides The Auto Update Could Cause (sm)
Jan 18, 2013

my system to slow down and pretty much freeze up for about a half hour every day at the same time?  I checked the settings and it is set for 3 a.m. for auto updates, etc, but I do not know what else would cause this.  It happens every single day at 4:00 PM and it is driving me crazy!!!! ...

Bayscribe Foot Pedal Settings?
Dec 19, 2013

I'm working on Bayscribe for the first time ever and I'm getting pretty frustrated with the foot pedal functions.  On every other plaform I've ever worked on, whenever you lift your foot from the pedal, it would automatically rewind the dictation a few seconds.  It's not doing that on here and it's driving me crazy and is really slowing me down.  I've been into the settings of the job player, but there doesn't seem to be an option to enable this. ...

Settings To Get Entire Message On Page...
Jan 04, 2014

instead of using mouse to go to bottom and slide from left to right to see words on right-hand side of message. If I use control (-), it makes print too small to read. If I go up 1 (control +), the print size is fine, but I have to use slider at bottom to read each message. Thanks in advance. ...

Questions About Automatic Spacing Settings
Nov 02, 2014

Clicking on link below shows you how to easily change automatic spacing settings from 1  to 2 spaces after a period and reverse when you have different requirements for different accounts. ...

Help With Foot Pedal Settings In Express Scribe (sm)
Jun 03, 2014

I went into options and all the settings seem to be in the hundreds and described as (ms).  Not familiar with that at all.  I always set my pedal to seconds.  My rewind is extremely slow and when I take my foot off the pedal and then on again I need it to rewind a few seconds so as to not miss anything.  When I take my foot off pedal and then on again, I have to actually press the rewind button for a few seconds and this is really costing me some time and aggravation.&nb ...

How Do You Change/save Settings For The Default Document That Opens In Word 7?
Mar 14, 2010

I just installed MS Word 2007 & (an upgrade from 2002). I want the default document to be in a particular color & I can't seem to get it to work. I know I can just change the Page Color in Print Layout once the document opens but I want it to be my default color for every document & not have to make that change each time I open a new document. I have tried everything I can think of & I know it shouldn't be this difficult (& very well may not ...

Check The Foot Pedal Settings Or Lack Thereof On The Escription Platform?
Apr 04, 2012

I forget this, I know it is easy, but how do you check the foot pedal settings or lack thereof on the escription platform? Thanks for your help. ...

What Is The Proper Way
Aug 01, 2010

crow's feet crows' feet crows feet THANKS!!  ...

What Is The Proper Way To Write...
Jun 11, 2010

What is the prope way to type this out:   five-tenths of a cc. I have been typing 0.5 cc, but I am thinking maybe it should be 0.05 cc.  Please help set me straight!  Thanks! ...

Proper Height
Jul 16, 2010

What is the current proper form for height when the doc says "height five-five?"  I am so paranoid about everything now with MQ. ...

Which Is The Proper Way - T3N0 Or T3 N0 Or T3, N0 Or T3-N0
Oct 20, 2011

Is there a right or wrong way.  I'm researching and all of those come up. Thanks, ...

Proper Use Of Hispanic
Mar 07, 2012

I was wondering if I should correct this doctor. He said She is Hispanic speaking, but Hispanic isn't a language. Should I put Spanish? ...

Proper Use Of Plurals
Apr 02, 2013

Ok, is it proper to say "bottoms of both feet" or "bottom of both feet"?? My dictator and I have been going around and around on this...please help! ...

Proper Names
Apr 10, 2013

It must be too early.  I've talked myself in and out of this but need a little help here.  In names such as Martinez, when the sentence is, "she was sent from Dr. Martinez's office" is it Martinez's or Martinez'.  Told you it was early.  Would appreciate the help please.  Thank you.  ...

Proper Format
Dec 05, 2014

MD dictates C5-6... I usually change this to C5-C6, as it seems that is the more correct way.  Should C5-6 be used? ...

Proper Way To Type It
Dec 19, 2014

Doc just says in Diagnosis "3 4 neuroma" Should that be 3/4, 3-4, 3,4 or other? ...

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

Is It Proper To Write - Three ML Of Anesthesia
Jun 30, 2010

Doing a report and they begin the sentence with -  3 mL of anesthesia.  Can't find this in the BOS or anywhere.   Is it proper to type Three mL of anesthesia, or is this an exception to start a sentence with 3 mL.   Thanks, mt ...

Epis Proper Abbreviation?
Dec 18, 2010

As in epithelial cells, if dictated as "epis", what is the proper way to type that? I saw one place "epis", one "EPIs". Help appreciated, I am currently lacking the appropriate reference material for abbreviations and cannot find this info online. tia ...

What Is The Proper Way To Abbreviate Subcutaneous?...
Mar 19, 2011

subcu, sub-cu, sub-Q, etc..?  TIA ...

What Is The Proper Way To Type SubQ?
Mar 28, 2014

Warfarin subQ b.i.d. TYIA. ...

I Hope This Is The Proper Forum To Ask
Oct 10, 2014

ANYONE who uses Windows 7 and Enterprise Express Editor..help me! I need to know how to go backwards to put in the date that a doctor saw a patient.  On my old program, EXText, I did CTRL J and it went back.  Now, it says that macros are disabled.  I don't know how to make this work.  ANYONE out there able to help me?  I just went from an XP to a Windows 7 and from ExText to Enterprise Express Editor.  They are very similar programs but these little changes are ...

Proper Format Of Sentence
Feb 04, 2015

The doctor dictated: CRP stable at 15.4 high. How would this be formatted? Would it be correct as CRP, stable at 15.4; high. ?? ...