A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it possible to request a switch to another CCM - job hunting

Posted: Feb 16, 2012

x

yes, you can ask - and possibly switch

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told that it was dependent on the need in the other CCMs BOB for that shift.

Thanks, who do I ask?? kind of a sticky area - job hunting

[ In Reply To ..]
sometimes you just have personality conflicts,,doesnt mean she is a bad person

I think what I would do is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
E-mail the CCMs supervisor and explain that although you believe your CCM is a nice person, you feel that maybe you are misunderstood in e-mails to him/her, and that you are having difficultly getting your e-mails answered and feel it would be best to be transferred to a different region and get a fresh start.

I dont think there is any good way to approach this, so might as well be honest and forthcoming with your issues.
Thanks, really dont want to get fired :-) - job hunting
[ In Reply To ..]
X
I would really give that a lot of thought. People do talk and - do hold grudges. Good luck to you.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

KVM Switch
May 21, 2010

Does anyone use one of these and have tips on a good one, or even a bad one to avoid? I think I will invest in one and have been reading online reviews.  It seems a lot of them have little quirks that may be annoying....... ...

Switch To IC
Apr 24, 2013

My previous employer provided my computer and all the software.  I'm thinking about trying independent contracting since most of the jobs I've seen require your own equipment anyway, but how do you know what equipment to get?  Each company seems to have their own preferences.  I'd like to have what would work across the board if I need to work on several accounts.  I've read about using a different tax form too, but can anyone tell me what else I would nee ...

VR Switch Over?
Dec 22, 2013

Does anyone know when the VR switch over for hospitals and clinics has to take place? I was just laid off from my job due to it going to VR. I was told 2014 but wondered if anyone had specifics. Thanks! ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

KVM Switch Recommendations?
Apr 23, 2012

I don't know too much about KVM switches, but I am getting ready to start two new jobs and have two different computers.  I thought I might try one. Today, my foot pedal for my second job came in and low and behold, it is the same one for my first job.   Do any of you know if there is a KVM that will switch keyboard, video, monitor, headphones, AND foot pedal, and can you recommend one to me.  I'm trying to research, but all this techie jargon makes my head hurt an ...

Im Due To Switch To 7 Here Shortly
Jul 09, 2012

would be really nice if we didnt have to use the "dep" to search and not be allowed to be signed into the other one without that at the same time..Never used to be like that it is really annoying..They say check samples, well you check samples and there are none,in the meantime it kicks you out of the other and when you sign back into it it doesnt save your information so you start from scratch and they wonder why we have so much inactive time... ...

For Those Considering A Switch To Nursing
Jan 14, 2013

Something to consider before you invest in training.  Not saying don't do it, just be aware that you're not guaranteed a job when you graduate. http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/14/news/economy/nursing-jobs-new-grads/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2 ...

Account Switch
Oct 24, 2014

Hi,  I have an opportunity to switch accounts and work with new manager and team.  Premise is works better with schedule, less out of work situations.  Anybody familiar with CCMH and the supervisor there?  Just want to know work statuses and things like that before I switch.  Any feedback would be great.  Thanks! ...

Cannot Request MT Over ME Or ME Or MT
Nov 12, 2009

Up until today I had been keeping my head above water because I was an MT>ME, meaning I got all the typing jobs first and then got ASR.  Well, today we got served a notice that those requests are no longer being honored and everything is going into one big pool.  Just when I think things can't get any worse- THEY DO!  ...

Another Request For Help
Dec 16, 2010

s/ll....The patient was admitted from the clinic where CT "visuals" showed recurrence of disease.  Could 'visuals' be correct?  I'm new to the world of MT, and the foreign doctors are so dang hard to understand.  Thanks for the help...I'm so glad to have found this site. Cindy ...

A Request If Possible
Jun 05, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone. I have a request if it is possible.  Is there anyone here who knows a lot of the companies who I could discuss via e-mail ?  I am hesitant to discuss some of the things I am curious about because I don't want to offend anyone or get banned.  If this is not possible, I understand.  I just have some questions about some of the companies before I decide to apply and someone who knows most of them could really be helpful. Thank you everyone, I app ...

A Request From An MME
Aug 06, 2012

I just typed three-quarters of a report out because the MT gave up after doing a quarter of it.  This wasn't sent by accident because there was a QA not stating that she couldn't understand the dictator.  I'm not angry, but want to relay that if you really can't understand the dictator, either push on through to the end or, as a last resort, break it and let your CCM know immediately with the job number.  You will lose anything you type, but that's the pri ...

Switch From MTs To MMEs Has Started
Nov 10, 2009

Well folks, email today regarding yet another MQ program- Account Trustee- those of us with good quality scores have the HONOR of sending reports directly through to the client with 2 blanks or less, thus bypassing QA.  Instead of addressing the issue WHY QA is so backlogged (could it be because so many QA were underpaid and have left) this is the new decision.  ...

Companies That Don't Bait And Switch....
Nov 16, 2009

So disillusioned.  The company I loved for so long has turned into greedy liars.  Who in the MTSO world is still decent? ...

KVM Switch And A Foot Pedal
Jul 31, 2010

nm ...

Help...Account Wants To Switch From Tapes To ?
Sep 09, 2010

I have always transcribed either from a C-phone, tapes, or worked for a national that had their own dictation platform. My local account wants to switch from tapes to something similar to Emdat and wants my advice. He has very little dictation and just needs something that he can dictate from any phone, where I can access it from home. Obviously, I'm not up to speed on new technology so any friendly advice would be helpful. Thank you! ...

Need Help With Shuting Down A KVM Switch Situation ...
Oct 08, 2010

Yesterday I had someone fix 2 computers with a KVM switch to share the monitor and keyboard... I know someone on here has this situation too,  How do you shut if down or turn it off... I did shut one down, but then could not get to the other with tapping the button twice as I do to switch between them...   Thanks in advance for any help... ...

How Many MTs Switch Accounts Daily/every Other Day?
Oct 20, 2010

Lately I have not been able to stay on the same account more than 2 days in a row.  Since my primary that I was on for 6 years went VR and I did not go with it, I have been switched from one account to another to another.  They say my work is great but I do not like being a floater.  I did not mind at first because at least I still had a job; however, this does have negative consequences on my income since I have to constantly learn new specifics and docs, etc.  I am beg ...

BabbleType Bait And Switch
Jun 27, 2012

Hi, all,  Remember the most recent ad that BabbleType placed here at MTStars?  They were practically pleading with MTs and QAs to contact them and clear out their huge back log (tens of thousands of audio files they said). There was no mention of an exam; just contact them and request an assignment.  If you need training to be a QA editor, no problem -- just ask, and they would provide training.  Blah, blah, blah.  The direct quote in the ad was this:&nbs ...

Is Anyone Still Using DQS-7 Or Did They Make Everyone Switch Back To 6?
Jul 13, 2012

x ...

IMedX Bait And Switch?
Oct 09, 2012

Tested for iMedX and passed the below Surgical job they had posted: Specialty: Surgery Job Description: Current openings for OPs (ambulatory surgery/multiple specialties) accounts as IC (Independent Contractor). Must have approximately 5 years of experience in acute care/hospital transcription. Coverage is needed 7 days. Okay....even though this job is STILL posted on another MT site they are telling me they are putting it on HOLD for a few more weeks and posting another add for a nu ...

Switch To Coding, Folks
Oct 15, 2012

Careers MTs Switch To--Ideas?
Sep 06, 2013

What type of careers are any one of you who are leaving MT or who are former MTs are retraining for? I'm very undecided. I'm not too crazy about being in school a long time or least longer than 1-1/2 to 2 years. I thought about coding but heard that that field is changing too like MT. I would like to stay in the medical field but I'm not sure about the degree of direct patient contact I want. I thought about radiology technician but not really sure. Any ideas to at least all ...

Want To Switch From MT To Coding So Badly
Dec 09, 2013

I want to switch from MT to coding sooner rather than later but the problem is funds. It is so frustrating to barely make ends meet and have more month than money at times. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks for listening. ...

Can A KVM Type Switch Be Used ONLY For The Keyboard?
Apr 01, 2014

can a KVM type switch be used ONLY for the keyboard?, not the monitors or mouse? If so, what would i need to plug into it then?  been too long since I used mine.  Thanks. ...

Toggle To Switch Between Computers, Using
Oct 06, 2014

Think someone here gave me the name of a gizmo I could use to toggle between 2 computers using the same keyboard and monitor but cannot remember the name. Anyone here know? Thanks. ...

Making The Switch From MT To Coding
Jun 16, 2015

Hi all, I've been an MT for the past 5 years and am sitting for the CPC next month to switch to coding.  Who will hire me as a CPC-A?  Does anyone know a good online company to work for that they're willing to tell about?  :)  Thanks.  ...

Can You Request ASR Only When Working For MQ?
Dec 10, 2010

I would like to work on ASR only and not do regular typing due to hand pain.  Does MQ give you ASR only if you request it or do they make you do both?  Appreciate any answers. ...

And One Last Request Tonight
Dec 16, 2010

s/l.....Position in the "byruck" region is intact.  Byruck?  I've spent an hour looking up this word.  Again, much thanks. ...

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...