A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

cannot request MT over ME or ME or MT - all one big pool now

Posted: Nov 12, 2009

Up until today I had been keeping my head above water because I was an MT>ME, meaning I got all the typing jobs first and then got ASR.  Well, today we got served a notice that those requests are no longer being honored and everything is going into one big pool.  Just when I think things can't get any worse- THEY DO! 

MT/ME - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
All I can say is ---share. Why on earth should you get only typing while others get an unfair percentage of ASR cause you don't want to do it. I think this is great.

I agree with that... Dont know how you got away with it - for so long already.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told 3 years ago ASR was mandatory and have been doing it since.
I am shocked that you and others, for some reason, get SPECIAL treatment. It is about time your pay gets lowered as well and I look forward to getting some of your typing jobs finally!

Similar Messages:

Another Request For Help
Dec 16, 2010

s/ll....The patient was admitted from the clinic where CT "visuals" showed recurrence of disease.  Could 'visuals' be correct?  I'm new to the world of MT, and the foreign doctors are so dang hard to understand.  Thanks for the help...I'm so glad to have found this site. Cindy ...

A Request If Possible
Jun 05, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone. I have a request if it is possible.  Is there anyone here who knows a lot of the companies who I could discuss via e-mail ?  I am hesitant to discuss some of the things I am curious about because I don't want to offend anyone or get banned.  If this is not possible, I understand.  I just have some questions about some of the companies before I decide to apply and someone who knows most of them could really be helpful. Thank you everyone, I app ...

A Request From An MME
Aug 06, 2012

I just typed three-quarters of a report out because the MT gave up after doing a quarter of it.  This wasn't sent by accident because there was a QA not stating that she couldn't understand the dictator.  I'm not angry, but want to relay that if you really can't understand the dictator, either push on through to the end or, as a last resort, break it and let your CCM know immediately with the job number.  You will lose anything you type, but that's the pri ...

Can You Request ASR Only When Working For MQ?
Dec 10, 2010

I would like to work on ASR only and not do regular typing due to hand pain.  Does MQ give you ASR only if you request it or do they make you do both?  Appreciate any answers. ...

And One Last Request Tonight
Dec 16, 2010

s/l.....Position in the "byruck" region is intact.  Byruck?  I've spent an hour looking up this word.  Again, much thanks. ...

Is It Possible To Request A Switch To Another CCM
Feb 16, 2012

x ...

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...

RE: REQUEST TO MODERATOR
Jul 03, 2012

We will not be creating a new board for "positive posts only."  You have the choice as to what posts you want to read.  If a post is too negative for you, simply do not read it.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I will continue to monitor for foul language, name calling, etc., but will not be trying to decipher what is too positive or too negative for your liking.  ...

NJA? Request To Help In The South
Dec 14, 2012

Ask your CCM tonight to temporarily help out in the South if you are NJA.  I hate to draw people to my accounts and risk running out of work, but considering these accounts are going to go late in a couple of hours and they have already threatened to leave if TATs aren't met, it's worth the risk.  I just wonder who the bonehead is who handles workflow.  I wouldn't think it would be that hard to look at the statistics and move some NJA people to fill in some gaps.&nb ...

How Do We Request Time Off Without Pay?
Oct 18, 2014

When I asked my supervisor, she sent an attachment on how do it, but I don't understand exactly.  It looks like I'm supposed to first go into Remedy (?) and request it, then go into Teamwork?  I just now tried to go into Remedy, and all I got was a blank page.  Everything is so complicated, and I'm so tired.   ...

Can We Request That An Audit Be Done...
Feb 10, 2015

So last week I was "off the grid" at 98 something percent.  Okay, so I'm getting 8 cents a line for that week.  So, for this week since Saturday (I work Sat-Tues) they have done NO audits at all.  What happens then if they don't?   I guess they still could, but why do I have a feeling they are NOT going to and then just let last week's audit roll over so I'm still getting 8 cents a line?  Granted, I could very well not be on the grid again BUT it' ...

Request A Reversal
Apr 01, 2015

I need to request a reversal in Fiesa but the button isn't there. anybody else have this happen? I am looking at the corrections report, at the job I want to request the reversal on but there is no button to request reversal. Any clues what I might be doing wrong or what I should do to find it? Even my TSM said this one isn't an error. I tried call for tech support but got no one. ...

Reversal Request
Apr 10, 2015

Is there is a timeframe in which they have to respond to a reversal request that anyone knows of?   ...

Request For Word Help - Sqawtal
Oct 06, 2010

Hi! Does anyone out there have any idea what this word is? It is under the GU heading. The patient has a hernia. "Negative for dysuria, hematuria, squawtal mass or squawtal pain."Thanks a ton!Stephalina ...

Help Request For Audio Playback
Apr 12, 2011

Can anyone tell me how to change the playback on the DQS audio?  Right now I'm getting a playback of about 3 or 4 words, and it's more of a hindrance than a help.   ...

Does Anyone Else Get Audited When They Request Time Off?
Feb 23, 2012

it seems like when I request time off, maybe for 4 lousy hours or whether it be a whole day I either get audited or have a meaningless 1.9 long report come back to me within 20 minutes of requesting time off which the report had the word "the" left out which did not change the report "only educational for the MT" .  Really MQ? or should I say MMuddle.  I have a ccm that wants to play head games. ...

Request Leave In Teamwork
May 21, 2012

I filled out the leave request in teamwork for a week off.  Actually a week off, unexcused absence without pay, will make time up, I'm part-time, CCM already knows about it from an earlier conversation.  I originally filled it out wrong but now think I did it right.  Do I need to inform CCM about it or will she be notified by teamwork?  ...

REQUEST TO MODERATOR - Bringing This To The Top
Jul 02, 2012

Bringing this to the top because it has gotten a ways down now...but could we please have a board for Happy MT's where we can go and talk with our "coworkers" without being abused?  Even in the thread below requesting this, we have been told we are being insensitive for talking about being successful.  This is getting quite ridiculous and disgusting.  Can we please, please, please have "somewhere to go" to have a real discussion without name calling and abusiveness?  The ...

Has Anyone Heard About Their Thanksgiving Request Yet?
Nov 07, 2012

x ...

If You Need Work, Request Some From The South
Dec 19, 2012

I don't know if a bunch of MEs were canned or quit, but the work in the South has been overflowing for weeks, which is odd this time of year.  They could use help if you're good enough for the accounts.  ...

Teamwork: How To Request PTO Hours
Dec 22, 2012

Her CCM has told her to request PTO hours using TW.  She (and I) have searched every buttom, menu, and left-click pick-list we could find, with no joy, in that miserably travesty of software.  She called 1 800 dictate and the nice Indian gentleman there first proved he was even more ignorant of what TW can do then we are, then firmly stated that it "can't be done. Ask your CCM to do it."   Anyone want to help? ...

Request For Remedy Link
Sep 02, 2013

Would someone be so kind as to post the link for Remedy?  Mine seems to have disappeared from my desktop, and this is not the first time it has happened. Thanks! ...

Request For Transfer Letter
Sep 19, 2013

Dear Super Viser, Please, I would be very much liking to request the transfer of me to be working in India. I am merely asking since I would not find you pinching my pocket any more, but would discover you filling them with many 19 rupees for each one hour of my working. Firstly, in India 19 many rupees an hour is like a king's ransom so I would be liking that muchly, and I already have mastered the speaking of English. ...

Request To The New MM Coding Trainees...
Mar 24, 2014

please keep the rest of us MM coding trainee hopefuls the next time it is offered updated on how the training is going. How hard it is, if you have to study on your off hours, is the MM training good and organized, etc. Good luck to all of you and please keep the rest of us hopefuls posted on how it's going. ...

FIESA Reversal Request
Jan 01, 2015

Can someone tell me how to submit a reversal request?  Don't usually do them because they are a waste of time, but really need to submit one for this week.  Thanks. ...

Reversal Request Not Answered Yet
Jan 05, 2015

Sooo, if by chance they do grant the reversal will they go back and refigure my scores for this week and make adjustments or is it just "tough ti##ty said the kitty?" ...

Reversal Request Questions
Jun 20, 2015

Anyone know how long it takes for a Fiesa reversal request to be reviewed? If it isn't reversed, do they send you an email? Who reviews the request? ...

Is It Reasonable To Request One Work Type-sm
Jul 17, 2012

I have been working for an MTSO and my main account is everything from cardiac catheterizations to discharge summaries to OP notes to consults to psychiatric notes.  It is a wide range of specialties.  I am not making any money.  I'm all over the board every day and I am frustrated.  Do you think it is a reasonable request to ask for just one or two work types?  TIA ...

Personal Request To Those Needing Word Help...
Nov 11, 2012

I understand you're worried about posting too much information, and that's a good thing, but we really do need a little more information than simply the s/l word/term you're having trouble with. If you feel comfortable giving the sentence, that's great.  If not, then maybe some context like whether the term is an instrument, a body part, a medication, or a disease, the report type (H&P, op, etc.) , what part of the body it's pertaining to, whethe ...

Webclock - You Have One Open Time Off Request
Nov 13, 2012

At the bottom of the webclock I have something that says "you have one open time off request." Does anyone know what that means. ...