A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

And one last request tonight - Cindy

Posted: Dec 16, 2010

s/l.....Position in the "byruck" region is intact.  Byruck?  I've spent an hour looking up this word. 

Again, much thanks.

Smile

More info? What part of body is problem in? n/m - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

Responding to question - Cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
Neurological: No muscle atrophies identified. There is no disturbance of gait or stance on initial examination. Position in the "BYRUCK" region is inteact. Pinprick intact. Deep tendon reflexes are 2+ and equal bilaterally.

Does this help?

oh~~ how about this - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Position, light touch, vibration intact.

I might say buttock??? - Bunion

[ In Reply To ..]
x

can't argue with buttock - : )............sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Buttock makes lots of sense in the context of a neurologic exam. Especially if it's "sensation" rather than "position".

please tell us the reason for which the patient is being examined.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Docs of all stripes do neuro exams.

Is the doctor a neurologist? Cardiologist?

Is the pt being examined for injury, chronic illness, diabetes, orthopedic problem?

We can help you better if we have an idea of which tree to bark up. :)

Reason for consult report - Cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
Certainly...Reason for General Surgery Consultation referral: Evaluation for elective thymectomy in displacement wiht myasthemia gravis.

Does this help?

thanks - (working on it...)

[ In Reply To ..]
great info, thanks.

how about this ... - re: "byruck"

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info.

I wonder if it may be "sensation" rather than position.
Can you hear this?:

Sensation in the thyroid region is intact.

Similar Messages:

Doing 168 Lph Tonight
Nov 21, 2009

I am doing 168 lph tonight. It is a good night ...

I'm Just Not Getting It Tonight! :) Thanks For Any Help!
Dec 25, 2009

exam for evaluation of scoliosis Adams Forward Bend Test:  On upper thoracic, lower thoracic, and lumbar are less than 5 degrees of tilt at all levels.  She has normal s/l "sagginal" balance.  No s/l "ka feolay" spots.  She has no neurofibroma.   thanks. ...

Tonight The MM ASR Is Particularly Bad!
Dec 26, 2013

And they wonder why my count is not up to par??!! I told my QAM that my production depends almost entirely on the quality of the ASR (of which there is none!). I am also so sick of the fact ASR will not output "the patient" and will only output patient. And, I know if I don't add in every single little "the" or "a", I will be dinged and shredded. It still can't get "HEENT:" correct anymore. Along with the fact they haven't fixed the ADT question mark problem they caused over ...

OT Tonight
Jan 22, 2015

Ask me to work OT and then the system is not working.  REALLY? ...

Must Be Getting Audited Tonight.
Apr 16, 2010

Multiple picky dings for punctation which I disagree with.   Stuff marked as critical which is not.  I want to say something not so nice, but I'll hold my tongue.  Oh well, let me go so I can get unemployment. ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Tonight, Or Is It Just Me?
Nov 04, 2010

xx ...

No Work On TT Tonight
Feb 01, 2011

Hi Everyone:)  Is anyone else having trouble getting work tonight?  I am on 3 accounts, and all I have gotten since this afternoon is 3 jobs.  My main account has no work and my 2 secondary accounts have no work, and they told me that they give first pick of the jobs to the girls who work primarily on my 2 secondary accounts.  I have the other secondary accounts in case I run out of work, so what good is it to have those?  Sorry, just need to let it all out.  Thanks ...

Doc Apologized Tonight
Dec 23, 2011

for spelling words for me.  "Oh, I forgot I don't have to spell for you.  That's only for the company in India that does work for the other hospital I go to."   He has no accent, spoke a little quickly but certainly not bad and was basically a good dictator.  WAKE UP to those in charge of outsourcing!     ...

Out Of Work Tonight
Mar 16, 2012

here we go again.  incentive this weekend.  no work on regular shift, yet when going in and looking at job stats, there are plenty of jobs in my area I could be doing, with no one assigned, but they're not coming over for me to do.  think they're only assigning so many a day to each MT or cherry picking...ridiculous. ...

ASR Bull Tonight
Dec 15, 2013

ASR has gone slap crazy tonight.   Just had a female dictator who has been on ASR for a while, usually very good reports.  11 minutes of one big ole solid paragraph, took 45 minutes to strighten the mess out.  How in the world can we make money if we only do 1-2 reports every hour.  This is just insane, every ASR so far into this shift has been problematic.   ...

TTS Interview Tonight
Apr 02, 2014

It looks to me like a 50:50 blend of pros and cons regarding TTS on MT Stars Company board.  I'm a glass-half-full type gal, so looking forward to interviewing tonight.  Before I do, I'd love to know opinions on eScription vs. Dictaphone platforms.  I've used eScription in the past and hated it, due to being constantly badgered about using the mouse.  I refuse to give up my mouse.  Some people are faster with the mouse, others with keystrokes.  Wonder ...

Anyone Else Get An E Mail Tonight
Jul 08, 2014

Out of the clear blue, got an e mail saying welcome to your new team. The reason you are here is sad but it will be great in the end?  Huh, WTH?  Any one else get this e mail or am I the "sad reason"?  ...

I Can Hardly Believe How Low My Count Is Tonight.
May 15, 2015

All due to a night of crummy audio and resultant massive editing necessary. Lots and lots of blanks tonight. I'm sure I will hear about the bad count and/or number of blanks later. But, ask me if I really care. ...

Is Tonight System Maintenance? Can't Get In.
Oct 24, 2010

I seem to have lost the list of system maintenance dates. ...

Dear MQ/Cbay ILP Who I QA'd Tonight
Apr 23, 2011

If you can't hear parts of the dictation, leave a QA marker.  It looks really bad when the client is on 100% for ILPs and all you did was copy and paste an old progress note with a few changes to the impression and plan.  Seriously?!  Did you listen to any of the dictation?  Cuz it didn't come close to matching up. Sure, the dictator was difficult and hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that what the ILP typed didn't even come close to what was said, ...

Mind-numbing ESL Tonight
Apr 25, 2011

I remember reading recently on here about monotonous female ESL dictators. Well I have one right now and it sounds like she has placed her lips directly onto the receiver to speak. This is so frustrating! I'm about to tear my hair out. My shift can't end soon enough tonight. I am so burnt out from this job, just scraping by isn't getting it with my family anymore. And yes, I have been looking elsewhere but there's just nothing. My son wants to take his girlfriend to the ...

A 2-hour Shift Tonight, Then I Am GONE...
Dec 16, 2011

Ahh, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Just hope I am not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.  :/ ...

Help!!! ESL Dictator Killing Me Tonight
Feb 23, 2012

Ortho report...referral for a BKA on a patient with multiple and significant "comprabilities"? He even goes so far as to use Comprabilities as a heading before listing the patient's medical issues. Paragraph beginning is as follows.. "Mr. X, who was referred here at the request of Dr. Y for evaluation of below-the-knee amputation of the right leg. The patient has multiple major ________ including end stage renal disease status post renal transplant, peripheral arterial disease status post ...

Just Got Let Go! I Was Laid Off. Got The Call Tonight.
Jul 23, 2013

Yep!  I was told it had nothing to do with my work, line counts, etc.  Just they are making cuts.  Been here for decades.  ...

Fluency Is Slow For Me Tonight
Nov 20, 2013

Taking forever for jobs to download! ...

Did You Hear On The News Tonight About The
Feb 05, 2015

medical records on millions of patients?  They think the hack was from China.  (And to think some MTSOs are/were considering sending work there!)  They were saying that they got SS numbers, credit card numbers, and all sorts of personal information that would make it easy for identity theft to occur.  They also said that on the black market, medical records bring far more money per record than credit card numbers.  They even said during the report that this wasn't a ...

Cannot Request MT Over ME Or ME Or MT
Nov 12, 2009

Up until today I had been keeping my head above water because I was an MT>ME, meaning I got all the typing jobs first and then got ASR.  Well, today we got served a notice that those requests are no longer being honored and everything is going into one big pool.  Just when I think things can't get any worse- THEY DO!  ...

Another Request For Help
Dec 16, 2010

s/ll....The patient was admitted from the clinic where CT "visuals" showed recurrence of disease.  Could 'visuals' be correct?  I'm new to the world of MT, and the foreign doctors are so dang hard to understand.  Thanks for the help...I'm so glad to have found this site. Cindy ...

A Request If Possible
Jun 05, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone. I have a request if it is possible.  Is there anyone here who knows a lot of the companies who I could discuss via e-mail ?  I am hesitant to discuss some of the things I am curious about because I don't want to offend anyone or get banned.  If this is not possible, I understand.  I just have some questions about some of the companies before I decide to apply and someone who knows most of them could really be helpful. Thank you everyone, I app ...

A Request From An MME
Aug 06, 2012

I just typed three-quarters of a report out because the MT gave up after doing a quarter of it.  This wasn't sent by accident because there was a QA not stating that she couldn't understand the dictator.  I'm not angry, but want to relay that if you really can't understand the dictator, either push on through to the end or, as a last resort, break it and let your CCM know immediately with the job number.  You will lose anything you type, but that's the pri ...

Oh Brother! My Whole Family Is Mad At Me For Working Tonight.
Dec 24, 2009

My husband has had it with this company and slave job and making half the pay.  He wants to go to church tonight and wants us to have time with family and play games and watch movies tonight, BUT I HAVE TO WORK TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING!  Back to back.  Frankly, IT SUCKS BIG TIME!  Doctors and nurses have fun.  They get to talk to people when they work on holidays and give gifts to each other and listen to Christmas music and socialize while working.  Me?  I ...

I Hope Corporate Is Visited Tonight By
Dec 24, 2010

Past, Present and Future and sees exactly what will happen to their rotten, sold-to-the-devil souls. ...

HEADS UP! DQS Down For A Short Time Tonight!
Jun 01, 2011

Just got the e-mail that DQS is going down at 9:00 p.m. EST tonight for about 20 minutes. Don't lose your work!! ...

I'm Just Happy Enough With Life Tonight To Wonder This Out Loud....
Jan 27, 2012

If I read along regularly and reply only sporadically, who the heck is following my posts enough to stalk me?  Really?  ...

Anyone Receive Their Direct Deposit Tonight?
Dec 28, 2012

Mine usually hits tonight (Thursday night) and I have not received it. ...