A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can we all take a time-out on the personal and negative posts on this site? - Just an average MT.

Posted: Jan 16, 2012

It's so difficult to continue reading this site when the negativity and personal attacks have become rampant. One has to sift through the garbage to get to any real informative posts and it's getting out of control. Someone is upset about the negative posts and then she goes on a tirade of name calling directed at the negative poster, and thus becomes an even bigger looking jerk in the process.

I don't know what the answer is...maybe we can try to concentrate on the post rather than the poster. These individual assaults on an MTs character are getting more common than they've ever been. I can only assume this is due to our distressing career decline lately. Most of us are having to work more than one job just to earn the same amount we did 10 years ago. It's frustrating but taking it out on others who come here to look for information and advice, is not the answer.

I almost wish posting on here was more difficult, like we had to sign up for an account and could only post using our account name or ?? I sometimes wonder if all these negative posts are from one or two trolls trying to negate the other information that is being posted here and trying to bring down this very site by their negative posts. I know I am getting really close to just deleting this site from my daily visits. It has just become so negative. I can't imagine being a new MT and visiting this site. How shameful we look as a community of MTs! I would like to see this site return to the one I stumbled upon 7 years ago when I first visited it. I no longer suggest it to other MTs in fear they'll get a bad idea about our profession.

While I agree with the posters' right to post anything they want, I strongly ask you try to check your posts for personal attacks. Is it really necessary to call out the obvious sour grape rants of those who have recently lost their livelihood, etc.? They're not fooling many of us, so why make a big deal about calling them out? When you come back with personal attacks, it just makes you look smaller than the original poster and I for one suspect your intentions.

Sorry about the preaching, but I just had to say something before leaving this site for good. I really do appreciate all the MTs, and even the 'suits' who take the time to give good information and share their stories and experiences with the rest of us.

I don't have the answers, but I maybe someone out there does?

Thanks, Just an Average MT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't ever think that you are the only positive MT out there. You are right about something you said. We can see through the silliness. It's okay. Eventually they will go find something productive to do or maybe feel better about themselves and their work. That's their problem. The rest of us can just post intelligent messages and ignore the ignorant one-liner, bumper-sticker style ones. I've been practicing ignoring them. It can be done. I'm a lot happier after learning how to ignore them. In the same way, they can ignore the happy MTs. No problem!

Just an Average MT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll betcha if the negative Nellies would spend more time either doing their jobs or looking for new ones and less on here attacking people, MTStars would be the richer for it. Just sayin.

Thanks, just an average MT - Just an average MT.

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right about just ignoring them, but it seems to be getting more difficult. I like your post but I hope I didn't give the self-righteous impression that I am the only MT out there who isn't negative.

Actually, in my second to last sentence, I thanked all the MTs out there who just give us good info and I know they're still in the majority. It only takes a couple to bring a site into such a negative place where anyone who doesn't want to participate in the bashing leaves the site.

On a side note, I really wanted to go back and change the first paragraph in my original post, deleting the entire last sentence where I call the negative posters "jerks." How ironic is that? I realize I was doing the same thing I was discussing! :D

It also won't let me change the last line to correct my grammer error. Not sure why this site isn't letting us edit our posts. Even though it lets me get back into the post and change things, it won't save it and reverts back to the original.

Well, it is the same on the coding board - sm - Jill

[ In Reply To ..]
They are catty and rude as well so it isn't just here.

It usually is very pleasant on the coding board until one person arrived - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a person who keeps coming back to the coding board. She isn't a coder as far as anyone can tell, but is always hysterical about how coding is a bad career. I think she gets her kicks out of doing that instead of improving her own situation, but it did change the mood on the coding board. Negativity is contagious.

I didn't get that at all from the posts - sm - Jill

[ In Reply To ..]
I just get tired of seeing people get berated. I don't post in response for fear of getting blasted like that person was but I felt bad for them. I didn't see them as negative at all, just trying to say what their experience was. Were you one then who belittled her? Where did you see that they said coding was a bad career? Gosh, I must have seen someone else than you!
No, I'm talking about the one who comes in every few weeks, spams the board, and leaves - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
She goes on about how she knows more than the rest of the people on the coding board and coding is all going to be sent overseas, etc. There is no discussion with her. She knows everything. I think the whole reason for her being there is because it was, and still is for the most part, a very pleasant and informational board. She tries to change that and does temporarily, but then she leaves and the atmosphere improves until she comes back.

Thank you! - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, although unfortunately it appears futile as seen by some of the, ahem, 'articulate' responses already ("baaarrrrffff"). I'm sure the eloquent reply to this will prove my point. ; )

You can tell many of these are by the same person because the syntax and style of writing is the same. I think it best to not respond to those at all and wil try to take my own advice. This thread is already monopolized once again. Thanks again for such a well-meaning post. Nice to see.

Okay .. here's a positive. After trying various PT jobs to see if there was sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
something better out there as an employee, I realized I already had what I wanted. Being an IC suits me best, and I have worked almost a year for Oracle and almost 2 years for a small MTSO, and they both use Bayscribe, which I love. I went full time with OTI a few months ago and have never been happier. I have all of the work I need/want, and although I would like to be paid more, given the state of things in this profession I realize I am doing pretty well, and I am happy. :-)

Colorado MT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I like your attitude! You are realistic and mature. I can tell you that if I were still in business for myself, I would hire you in a hot New York minute!

Similar Messages:

Negative Posts
Jan 02, 2010

I honestly don't understand all the negative MTs on here.  It is very unprofessional to come on here and slam your company.  I have been an MT for over 10 years and have always made enough money and I'm proud of what I do and love the money I make, all while working from home.  I think most of these negative people are just people who aren't cut out for this profession and I wish they would realize that and go find something else to do.  Why would you put your ...

Softscript - So Many Negative Posts
Oct 28, 2009

I see so many negative posts about SoftScript and I'm wondering what the problems are with this company. What are some other better companies to work for (full time) and why? Just curious.   ...

I Guess Now I Know Why SoftScript Gets So Many Negative Posts. Sm
Nov 27, 2010

In the past 2 days, I have done a total of 300 lines.  I know that things are slow with the holidays, but this is past the point of slow.  I have NEVER had a holiday this lean nor have I worked with people who seem to care so little.  I do not have a direct supervisor yet, despite their claims that they are working on assigning production managers, so I do not even know who to talk with about this situation.  Most of the time if I send an e-mail, it goes unanswered.  I f ...

Negative Posts On Here About Southern Transcription
Mar 27, 2014

I see the negative posts on here about Southern Transcription but was wondering how long ago you worked for them.   I guess I am just hoping things may have improved since then.  I am about to be one of many swallowed up by Nuance and I can't imagine any other MT company being much worse from what I read on the Nuance board.   Thanks in advance for any information. ...

Reading Frequent Negative Posts About Keystrokes
Jun 26, 2010

I have been reading frequent negative posts about Keystrokes recently.    I had always heard positive things about Keystrokes  in the past and I was initially excited to  join them; however  I was  more glad to leave.   I  have never had any contact with upper manangement so I have no comment there.  However, I had always read such positive things about their "caring" "helping"  etc and I did not find this to be true.   I  also found much deception.   I may sound naive but I was ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Negative McMurray. Negative S/l Rosling Or Roswing
Feb 28, 2013

Negative McMurray.  Negative s/l Rosling or Roswing ...

Stupid Ortho - Negative Spurling, Negative S/l "ver Meets"
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for any help! ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Negative Finkelstein's. Negative "CMC Gram." Not Sure On This, Anyone?? TIA!
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...

EMR - My Personal Experience
Nov 02, 2009

I have been an IC for past 13 years with all local physician office accounts. As of July this year, I now have only one left due to the use of the EMR. While those of you are saying that EMR will not phase out transcriptionist..well that may be so, but in my experience it has already phased me out. The doctors have sent absolutely no further dictation since they began using this and they told me they do not plan to. So, I am now out of a job that I really depended on. Just giving my perspective. ...

My Own Personal Survey
Feb 07, 2012

I was just watching the news, and the all the job openings with average annual income. What I would like to know is this: Is any MT at MM or any other MTSO able to make a living wage? Please be honest. I for one am not evening breaking $1000 a month anymore, and at one time I was able to make at least $36,000 a year. Thanks ...

My Personal Best Links For MT
Oct 13, 2012

LAB VALUES:   http://musom.marshall.edu/usmle/usmlelabvalues.htm CHEMO DRUGS:  http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/default.aspx NATIONAL PROVIDER SEARCH: http://nynpi.com/ DRUGS: https://online.epocrates.com/  (type your drug in the box. No need to register) BACTERIA:  http://www.thegreatdictator.com/bacteria/ GENERAL MEDICAL REFERENCE:  http://www.fpnotebook.com/index.htm AIDS MEDS: http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml I hope this helps ...

Personal Email
Aug 15, 2014

I'm just warning everybody that I received a "sales ad" for some pharmaceuticals in my personal email, with a return email address that specifically stated it was through [MTStars]****@****. so someone got my personal email address from this board, from someone on HERE, and not just by responding to a post, and sent me a link to selling medications. I never respond to any posting here through email, so no one has access to my email address except MTStars themselves. I did report it to MT ...

Personal Study Area
Dec 23, 2011

I am getting ready to enroll this week with Andrews for medical coding, and am really looking forward to this new challenge and learning opportunity!!  After 30 years as a state employee, I'm actually switching careers. With that being said, I was just interested to find out "where" people like to study in their homes when studying 4-5 hours a night and working assignments.  Do you sit at a desk with the computer in front of you, or do you use the dining room table, a comfortable ...

Even With My Issues I Have Going On In My Personal Life
Sep 12, 2012

I am still getting out of this biz and going back to school.  I have panic with agoraphobia, but I cannot keep waiting for my SSI to be approved.  I have already been denied once.  The therapist I am seeing gave me hope and for that I am very thankful!  I found out I can go to a 2-year school and have my bills taken care of.  Thank God for that! ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

Personal Stand: MT And ME Line Rates (sm)
Nov 09, 2009

I have decided I will not accept any MT transcription rates lower than 9 cpl (in an employee position) or 11 cpl (in an IC position).  For medical editing, I'm not going to work for lower than 50% of the transcription rate.  For me, it will just not be worth it to do it for less.  I am willing to go work inhouse and even do other work rather than to accept line rates lower than this.  I see one keeps putting up the same ad with 8 cpl for MT work and 3 cpl for editing a ...

I WANT MY PERSONAL HIPAA INFO PUBLIC
Aug 23, 2012

When is it that our private information is so sacred.  How about posting online all my ailments.  Does it really matter?  Is it not coincidental that AAMT in their day, and others wanting $$, happened to push HIPAA through at a time when no one really cared?  It is a scam, just a department builder of jobs.  When is it that our ailments are so secret?  ...

Personal Request To Those Needing Word Help...
Nov 11, 2012

I understand you're worried about posting too much information, and that's a good thing, but we really do need a little more information than simply the s/l word/term you're having trouble with. If you feel comfortable giving the sentence, that's great.  If not, then maybe some context like whether the term is an instrument, a body part, a medication, or a disease, the report type (H&P, op, etc.) , what part of the body it's pertaining to, whethe ...

Personal Accounts And Amount To Charge?
May 27, 2013

Just wondering......I am an IC right now, but I have the opportunity to pick up some extra work from my own personal physician.  He was asking if I could type some of his more complicated PFT reports that he does not want to do on the EMR program they have.  I have not done any personal account work for a very very long time.  Back when I had accounts....we would go pick up the cassette, print out the stuff and take it back.  I was wondering if anyone out there has any person ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...

Today I've Decided On A Personal Protest Step To Help Myself.
May 01, 2012

My company has always invited us to create and store template dictations for common use by everyone. I've made many and been happy to share, and since they're good quality they're used by many, even some dictators to set up their own formal templates. It's always pleased me to be a team player, but, let's face it, this is only one more thing that allows my company to hire less skilled people and lower the line rates it pays me.  Just BTW, I figure it costs me proba ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...