A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Christmas is coming!!!!! - working for peanuts

Posted: Nov 16, 2010

So what do you think we'll get as a Christmas present this year?  A new mouse pad, an envelope opener, perhaps a pencil with the Medquist logo on it, an eraser maybe?  Oh, the possibilities are endless!!  I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait!  After all, we know how much Medquist appreciates us by the way they treat us!   Oh wait, I forgot, there have never been even cost of living raises let alone merit raises.  Oh wait, I forgot, they CUT our pays instead of increasing them.  Silly me.

re: working for peanuts - Crissy Snow

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the spirit! Thanks for sharing your joy with us. Afterall, wondering what present or token of appreciation YOU are going to receive is really the reason for the season, right?

xmas is coming - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
you're obviously either management or someone lucky enough not to have to worry when your pay takes a 40% cut while MQ is making money like crazy! Hope your holidays are as merry as you are.

certainly hoping they don't cut our pay is reasonable - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Back in the days of the offices we used to get Christmas cards and at least acknowledgement of the holiday. Plus it was not a hassle to get off and enjoy the holidays with our families.

While we all sit in our virtual offices and watch our spouses, friends, kids go to their work Christmas parties it is too much to ask that MQ doesn't slap us in the face with yet another pay cut or make it impossible to enjoy the holidays with our families?

I do know the true reason for the season and I also know that we are supposed to love our enemies and pray for those who treat us bad and MQ is right on the top of my list.

Present same as usual - Nada, Zippo, Zilch.

[ In Reply To ..]
Since 2001, I got a total of one token of appreciation at Christmas. A Christmas card printed out, not even signed, maybe about 7 years ago. Gone are the days of bonuses, a kind word of holiday thanks, or even a fruitcake. Expect nothing and you'll get it with this company.

Already got mine. - It was an email

[ In Reply To ..]
stating no more PTO would be granted for Thanksgiving and that if you didn't work Thanksgiving you were required to work Christmas.

And if you are scheduled on Christmas, you are required to work, even if you have to split your shift due to low volumes because there will be no PTO granted for Christmas either.

Merry Christmas!!

wow. - that makes me wanna cuss. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

wow is right. Why aren't the Indians working? - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't got that email yet. Since we covered Diwali for the Indians I think it is only fair they cover for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

no PTO for more than 1 holiday - just want to work

[ In Reply To ..]
this is just unbelievable. Have the Indians work, I don't care if they clear out all the work for the Holidays.

Yeah...I find it disturbing. - I had not asked for

[ In Reply To ..]
PTO for Thanksgiving this year, partly because I don't have enough (due to too much NJA) and partly because we normally don't do Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day anyway because so many in my family have children who have to split time with other parents. Thanksgiving is always done on another day. This year we are having on a day that I am not scheduled to work, so I lucked out on that.

However, I would have enough PTO to ask for Christmas, and was planning to ask for it...but now, I've essentially been told not to even bother.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to tell my husband and kids about that one.

I feel even more unappreciated than ever. I mean, I'm sure the big wigs, and even most lower management, will not be working on Christmas Day. I don't feel it's right to tell us that we are not even allowed to request the day off. If we have the PTO, why can we not even ask?

So while last year, CCM said that if you had 1 of the holidays off (Thanksgiving or Christmas) she wanted you to work the other so that it would be fair for everyone, this year, I will end up working both.
Last year I had to work Christmas even though - I asked off waaaay
[ In Reply To ..]
in advance. I never had 1 single job. I kept checking all through my shift. Took 8 hours PTO anyways. Just messed up my holiday and made me afraid to invite people over for fear I would have to work and not be able to cook.
why would you keep checking back all day? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the policy was that if you ran out of work, you turn in a ticket and then wait 15 minutes, check back and if still no work, you are released.

Why would you waste 8 hours checking back?

pay raises - minimum wage worker

[ In Reply To ..]
and if you ask for a raise they'll review all your reports until they find a mistake and then Oops sorry maybe in 4 years...

thanks - for the laugh

[ In Reply To ..]
It brought back to mind the post about the mousepad where the MT said, "I filled the little picture slots with dog treats and threw the mousepad outside for the dog to play with." Best laugh I've had all day! :)

I bet next they will expect us to pay for the mousepad. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh wait, we already are paying for the cheap trinkets they send us, along with paying for their huge salaries and bonuses.

Maybe you'll get a "re-gifted" Acusis starfish..... - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Ha ha ha ha ha!! - Wendi970

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My guess is chapstick again without the rope. - Going on 12 years.

[ In Reply To ..]
After all, we have to cut back wherever we can in this economy. It's not all bad though. You can always put the chapstick in your pocket or in a coin purse. The rope attachment was really a safety risk anyway. What if you were wearing it, leaned into to hug someone good-bye in a car, and the rope gets stuck in the window and they drive away? It's not worth your life. Really, it isn't.

Chapstick is a great gift. Why? Because well for one, it lasts a really long time. How often do you have to throw away an empty chapstick? Usually you end up throwing it away because it falls into the dirt or gets mucky at the bottom of your purse. If you take care of it, it can last a really long time.

Dry lips are awful. I hate that winter feeling of pulling on dead skin on the lips. Or when you forgot to apply chapstick and you go out in the cold. Who wants that constant feeling like you need to keep rubbing or licking your lips? I really hate that. It doesn't look aesthetically pleasing to the eye, leaving your mouth with a red Kool-aid like appearance.

Chapstick is like a gift to lips. I especially like the ones that come in cherry or strawberry, but nowadays there are lots of flavors to choose from. My mom gave me a tube a few years ago called "Chicken Poop", no seriously that's what it's called. It tastes like paste. I have it in my drawer here in my office, but I lost the lid so now it has crumbs and staples stuck to it. I didn't like it anyway.

I don't remember what flavor Medquist gave us last time, but I used every drop of that stuff. It was a high-quality chapstick, not one fo those 3-for-a-dollar types at The Dollar Tree. When you swiveled it up or down, it moved quickly. Some chapsticks you're stuck excessively turning the little dial and the product barely moves up or down. This tube was a quick raise and fall action, so you didn't risk putting the lid down on it before it had completely lowered into the chapstick chamber and you risk "pinching" some of the chapstick into the lid. It is difficult to apply when the chapstick has been dented by the lid and only your pinky can reach down into the lid to scoop out the lost contents.

Anyway I don't think I'll miss the rope.

Yeah, without the rope so we won't - hang ourselves!! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
no msg

LOL so true! - me

[ In Reply To ..]
:?

LOL - Thanks for that!!

[ In Reply To ..]

Laughing

chapstick again without the rope - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously!? You got a rope the first time. I never even got a rope that time. Hey, was your chapstick made in "India?" LOL

There's a reason I don't work for them anymore. - khirainshambles

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, it's because they monitor your exact keystrokes... not my cup of tea. I prefer working in bursts. Not for everybody, but it's my style, so MQ wasn't a fit for me.

Oh, but the point of the conversation... Being an MT by MTSO doesn't seem to pay the bills much these days. I have to go to my husband for help paying my car. Oi!

Similar Messages:

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

Anyone Know About New Changes Coming To MQ?
Dec 27, 2009

Posted on Christmas Eve!  CBAY of India has 6,500 MT's with another 800 soon and MQ has how many MT's, 3,000-4,000?  http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/62574/ CBaySystems Expands India Operations with New Mumbai Centre     NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 12/24/2009 - New Centre at Mindspace2, Airoli - Plans to add 800 people by end 2010 at this new Centre.       CBaySystems, th ...

Keep Them Coming
May 12, 2011

I have posted on here many times about putting in requests to have doctors removed from ASR and have been told it doesn't do any good.  Apparently some people are listening.  I was told that they are flooded with requests now and it is taking a little longer to get to my requests reviewed.  I have also noticed that some of the doctors I used to do in ASR are no longer in ASR.  Thanks to all who are sending requests and keep them going.  Some don't get removed, ...

QA/QC Changes Coming??
Dec 14, 2014

Sure hope so.  QA  are being set up to be the "Payroll Gods".  Setting us against each other.  I know there is one particular QA that I cringe when I see her name.  She is probably a nice person and just trying to do her job, but talk about nit-picky.  She has a Master's degree in that area. ...

Look Out For More New MT's Coming On Board.
Jan 29, 2010

Obama announced a new tax break for every new employee hired will get a 5,000 tax break and up to 500,000 total for each company who hires new employees.  My congressman is going to hear from tomrrow when I call his office.  You all know how MQ loves to hire new employees and I sure hope they do not plan on getting rid of us old ones and if they do?  I see ANOTHER lawsuit coming called age discrimination.  ...

What's The World Coming To
Feb 19, 2010

On my every-other-month audit by my QTL I lost points for expanding Clostridium difficule, but SHE wanted me to put (I kid you not) C Diff. Now I have been reading stories by newswriters about E-coli, but I'm still putting E. coli. Please don't tell me those idiot biddies at AHDI have changed the "rules" on us again.  I also make money typing papers for professional journals, and I really HATE dumbing myself down for MQ. and...I'm still getting broken jobs with terms like ...

How To Get Downtime Pay You Have Coming To You
Oct 07, 2010

Okay people, if you were in the middle of your shift, or you could not sign on for your shift, make sure you filed a Q-care ticket and notified your CCM.  Mine has been sending E-mails throughout the day stating that she KNOWS that DQS is still down even though it shows a green light.  By Medquists own Policy description for downtime for ME/MTs, this definitely qualifies.  Go to MQ Central Home page---Human Resources---policies.  At the bottom of the page there is a link call ...

Does Anyone Know When The TransTech W2 Will Be Coming Out? Nm
Jan 13, 2011

MT Week Coming Up
May 01, 2011

Gee, we at WMX just got our present early.  A surprise cut in pay and bonus plan.  I really hope they don't have any other little "gifts" in store for us. ...

Where's The 99% Thing Coming From?
Jun 03, 2011

just wonderin, cuz this board is the only place i've heard of it.  is it in email or MQ central or what? ...

100 New MT's Coming To M*M. Anyone Concerned
May 21, 2012

Is it just me, or would I be concerned 100+ folks are coming to M*M this week? Does anyone get concerned about this, such as going from FT to PT due to the pressure of tons of typists? ...

Coming Across A Mistake
Aug 03, 2012

I was looking over already transcribed reports by others to check on a medication and came across a mistake that really makes us look foolish and is something, IMHO, that any transcriptionist would know and this doctor speaks good English.  Would you notify QA so they can correct the report or notify the hospital to correct the report?  Thanks for your opinion.  ...

Work Coming
Aug 08, 2012

a big chunk of work is coming back to the US.  India couldn't figure Texas doctor's accent I guess! ...

Coming Back To MT
May 15, 2013

ok, I have been offered a secretarial job but it is with a new company so I am iffy on whether the comany will make it. My question to everyone here if it doesn't make it I would probably go back to MT.  How long do you guys think I could be away  and still be able to find a job?  Edited to add that I currenlty have 6 years experience at MT. ...

Late In Coming, But,
Mar 03, 2014

apparently I was only employed by Nuance thru last December.  Starting in January I was employed by Transcend.  This is as per the state unemployment benefits office.  They were really interested that my check stubs said Transcend/DBA as Nuance out of Mass., and the W2s only had Transcend out of Melbourne, Florida.  Asked me questions about it, but told them I had never noticed when Transcend was added to the check stubs, which I didn't.  Don't know anything ab ...

No Search Box Coming Up
Apr 10, 2014

Does anyone else have trouble when clicking Search where no search box comes up?  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't for a very long time.  Just wondering if it is my computer or what.  Anyone else have that trouble? ...

Were There Some Changes Coming To FIESA?
Apr 25, 2014

Just waiting and hoping... any news anyone? ...

Coming To Nuance
May 31, 2014

I currently work for MModal.  Considering Nuance. Opinions and/or advice would be appreciated. ...

How Do You Keep The QA Note Box From Coming Up
Aug 11, 2014

Switched over to the new region, cant figure out how to get it to go away.  Thanks! ...

Swapboard Coming Soon...
Nov 26, 2014

I just got word that they're going to be using the swapboard soon.  Has anyone ever used that and can you tell me anything about it?  I'm just curious if it's going to be a good thing or a bad thing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

When The Same Job Keeps Coming Back Up
Jun 08, 2015

x ...

Express Scribe - .wav Coming Up As 0:00
Feb 20, 2010

For those of you that you Express Scribe....I usually have no trouble getting my files to play, but I have a few files that are .wav and they keep coming up as 0:00.  Does anyone else have this problem and do you know how I can fix it so they can play? Thanks! ...

Transcend Interview Coming Up
Sep 28, 2010

I have an interview with Transend on Friday.  Does anyone know much about this company?  I am currently emplloyed with another large transcription service, but looking for a job with more typing because I seem to make more money if I am typing rather than editing.  Any input, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated :) ...

My Days At MQ May Finally Be Coming To An End!!!
Oct 30, 2010

The hospital 5 minutes from my home has an in house MT position available!  Full time, Monday through Friday, first shift. I've been waiting forever for an in house position to come open there.  My eyes nearly fell out of my head when I saw the listing! I've been trying for months to get another job...doing ANYTHING....to get away from this place.  I love MT, but I was ready to walk away from it all together.  If I can have an hourly, in house MT position, though, ...

More CMTs Coming From Off-shore
Dec 18, 2010

New CMT & RMT tests out, so off-shore will be teaching to the tests big time.  This is going on in our industry and others; but savvy big companies are awake and tweaking certification testing to catch the problem; not sure ADHI is sophisticated enough for that.  I am really NOT sure they WANT to address that issue.  Watch the flood of new CMTs from off-shore...and what it does to availability of our jobs.  (Yet there will be the re ...

Many MTs Are Coming Over Into The Coding World
Oct 17, 2012

so far?  I know it is intense, but hope you know that it will be worth it!  I am glad to know that many MTs are coming over into the coding world.  We need good coders out here!  ...

I Wonder If More Lay Offs Coming Today
Apr 05, 2013

Sitting here hoping the phone doesn't ring.  I personally think that in a year there will be no more US MT's, maybe shorter than that. ...

New MT, Coming Up On 6 Months With Nuance
Oct 02, 2013

I have been having trouble with productivity from the beginning. My account is mostly ESL, so I feel like I shouldn't be having so much trouble here. However, I have a friend who is an MT and says that some of my speakers are really tough. She's been an MT for 10 years now and things usually come easy to her.   Anyway, I'm concerned that if I don't get my lines up to where they need to be will they let me go? I'm working really hard to try to get my lines up and I ...

My Text Is Coming Up Looking Screwy
Mar 02, 2014

It looks all squeezed together and too small.  Office says it is the correct font and size that I use.  I've closed and reopened by transcription platform.  I didn't purposely go in and change anything today.  Any ideas? ...