A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Petition to stop sending our jobs off shore - superMT

Posted: Nov 19, 2012

There is a petition here http://wh.gov/XbqE about stopping off-shoring jobs. I saw it on facebook, and it would apply to MT, I think. They need 150 signatures for it to be put on the White House website. If our jobs were back here and not sent to other countries, maybe we could finally work and get paid enough to survive - kind of like in the "good old days."

live link - superMT

[ In Reply To ..]

I signed a petition last week by a different MT, - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not sure it is the same petition, but I will try. I don't want to sign twice and have it invalid due to repetitive signatures.

p.s. don't listen to the naysayers...there are those that will debunk every positive effort made by anybody over anything. guess it makes them feel better about themselves. good luck.

oh, puh-lease. - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am one of the "naysayers" and, SORRY! We all gave reasons why we are not on board, which debunks your reasoning that we "debunk every positive effort made" along with your conclusion by 'guesswork' that it "makes them feel better about themselves."

You didn't get that from the posts below.

well puh-lease yourself... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I happened to be talking about ANYthing positive that gets put on this board, not just this particular post. I, for one, KNOW all the reasons why you are so negative about everything...we get to read about them every single fricking day over and over and over and over and over again. Puh-lease stop! We all know this industry has fallen into a heap of doggie doo doo,but jumping on anybody's posts who even HINT at positive approaches, is not going to change a doggone thing about it. My own job has gone to crapola in the past year too, and I have been totally without work for months at a time, and I am still not quite solvent financially because of it, but wallowing in it and rehashing it with every breath you take is not going to make things better...ever. If someone chooses to take a positive approach to something, leave them alone and let them do it. It makes THEM feel better too. Not everyone has to be miserable in life just because you can't stand to have someone have a smile on their face! and no, I did not come to this conclusion due to "guesswork", but by experience from being jumped on myself by the negative nellies on this board while trying to keep a positive attitude about my OWN life. I did not come to my conclusion about it "makes them feel better about themselves," from this post alone, but from the many, many, many times it has happened in the past. Misery loves company, but I choose not to participate. Negativity breeds negativity...If you keep thinking for sure that this industry is in the toilet, that is exactly where it is headed. If you think that it can and will make a positive come back, it will do that too. the Law of Attraction. You get back, what you put out. I am sick of all the negativity that breeds on this board and if someone posts something positive, I am going to "encourage them," not bring them down....and just because you don't happen to agree with my approach to life, doesn't mean I have to join you! If you don't like my posts....don't read them, as I so often hear from those of you that say the same thing so often. I can get my reasoning from whereever I choose, and you can puh-lease all you want (I hate that word!) you will not change me or my way of thinking. Change comes from within. Wallow in it if you want to, and see where it gets you. Or think positively and change your life. done!
thanks, but wasn't up for debate. - anonMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have moved on.
it it was not up for "debate" then why post .... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
at all?? just to get one more "dig" in? obviously. glad you "moved on."
I have an opnion, I voiced it. Sorry you have a problem with that. - my observations. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Have a great Thanksgiving! I love the holidays.

PS: Moving on means onto other subjects, not off the radar. ;-)
I don't mean to sound negative - but...
[ In Reply To ..]
I generally agree with a lot of what you said, but one thing kinda struck me. You said "If you keep thinking for sure that this industry is in the toilet, that is exactly where it is headed. If you think that it can and will make a positive come back, it will do that too." I just do not believe that positive thinking is going to make that happen. I think we can begin to think positive thoughts in our own lives and change our own circumstances, but I do not believe positive thinking is going to alter the course of technology and the fate of the MT industry. We can choose to get out or hang on, but to believe it is going to make a comeback just from positive thinking is a stretch.
it may not come back in the way that it "was" - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
what with technology etc, but it could possibly come back in a different form. We don't know what that may or may not be, but if you keep an open mind about the whole thing, don't expect it to ever be what it was, (after all, you are not what you used to be either, but a different and better form), it could become something positive for those who see it that way.

do you really believe that - mt2long

[ In Reply To ..]
The bottom line is the dollar. This is one genie you will NOT be putting back in the bottle.

MT as we knew it is OVER. When all this shakes out, there will be a specialized workforce that is healthcare documentation. But the price tag will not go back to what we want or need.

agree. its done, has been in motion since 90s - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
[

Exactly! Not only that... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Agreed; it's waaayy too late to stop the offshoring.

Another issue is online petitions. They are MOOT because signatures cannot be verified. The same person could "sign" it 1000 times.

No, they are not invalid . . . - JosieR

[ In Reply To ..]
On that website, it just takes a certain number of virtual signatures to get a petition reviewed by the administration. There is nothing about being verifiable.

Similar Messages:

Petition To White House To Stop Off-shoring Jobs . . .
Nov 15, 2012

Please take a look at the petition I've started on the White House "We the People" website. We need 250 signatures for it to go lived, and then 25,000 within 30 days to force the administration to review it and respond. It is here http://wh.gov/XbqE It may not help, but I think it's worth a shot. Thanks! ...

Anti-off-shore Petition
Nov 29, 2012

Not sure how much good it will do, but here is something interesting.  I guess it can't hurt either. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prohibit-shoring-jobs-decrease-unemployment-keep-financial-health-personal-information-safe-usa/hl0t92Mg?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl ...

UK Petitions To Stop Sending Med Records To India!!
Aug 02, 2010

Hey guys, maybe there is hope for US MTs too!!!!!  This needs to stop! sending all our pt's infor overseas--clearly UK thinks it is a violation. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/jobs/UK-petition-to-stop-sending-NHS-work-to-India/articleshow/6155068.cms ...

Petition To Keep Jobs In USA
Dec 08, 2012

http://wh.gov/Nz78 This looks a lot like one posted here a couple weeks ago. It's on a facebook page. It says it takes 150 signatures within 30 days for it to go live on the White House website. I see you have to register to sign, but I just did, and it only takes a minute. Please sign. We need to try to do something about losing our jobs to other countries. ...

Whitehouse Petition To Save Our Jobs
Jan 29, 2013

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq ...

Sending Jobs To QA..
May 22, 2010

I feel that I flag a lot and send to QA a lot.  I've been at this for about a year, do acute care, lots of ESL etc so I think it's a reasonably difficult account; but I ask myself do really experienced MTs, e.g. those at this for 5 years or 10 years or more, send so many jobs over to QA?  I mean, do you get to the point where you can pretty much understand everything these guys are saying, even when they're chewing, slurring, belching etc.?  I would love to make it ...

Anyone Having Problems With Jobs Sending
Jul 10, 2012

DEP light is green.  Hope it is just me and not the whole system again. ...

Question On Sending Jobs To QA
Feb 18, 2015

When you send a job to QA for no ADT or wrong ADT, does that count against your percentage the same as sending jobs with blanks would?  I do not want to ask my TSM because I hardly ever receive any reply for anything and I am sick of it! ...

Keep Our Jobs In America Official Government Petition Link!
Nov 03, 2011

Here's the official government link for those who are sick of the whining about losing jobs to India via the Q and want to do something about it!  All you naysayers, do something or stop whining about it.  We need lots of votes, so please go vote and stand up! PLEASE!   http://wh.gov/TFH ...

Keep Our Jobs In America Official Gov Website For Petition-sign It!
Nov 03, 2011

Here is the official website to sign petition to keep our jobs in America-everyone needs to sign it, we need lots of votes-HELP and SIGN! http://wh.gov/TFH ...

Problems Sending Information For Jobs
Aug 30, 2010

Has anyone had any problems with trying to reply to job postings on here by using the reply feature at the bottom of the ad and copy & pasting your resume?  I just tried with 2 different jobs on here and they were both sent back to me saying they had fatal errors & could not be sent??  Any ideas?? ...

Any Info On TransDyne? Off Shore? On Shore?
Feb 20, 2015

Any info on TransDyne? Off shore? On shore?   ...

Stop Letting These Companies Advertise Their "jobs" Here....sm
Apr 17, 2011

8 cpl is what I started at 6 or 7 years ago, I'm still seeing this number and of course much lower. How are companies getting away with this nonsense of not paying for spaces, paying 5 cpl, etc. In my opinion 8 cpl + typing for large teaching hospitals with 18 pages of specifications = really low pay. The one way I can think to put an end to these companies and their crappy pay, besides no one taking these jobs, is to stop letting them advertise on MT stars and other MT boards unless they ...

PETITION: Everyone Needs To Sign This Petition
Sep 04, 2013

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sending-our-medical-records-offshore/B8mSk5hN ...

Off-shore
Feb 25, 2010

Our work is going offshore faster than you can imagine.  According to posts, I see we are wondering about the lack of work, in many cases for over a year.  We are behind in getting info on this.  Google off-shore transcription or any words that will get you the info.  The information is plentiful.  Many articles state the hospitals are unaware that work is going off shore.  They just dictate, assume it goes to a central system in the states and we sit behind our des ...

Off Shore Work
Feb 17, 2010

Has anybody read the share holders minutes from Transcend, boasting about how much they are going to increase their offshore transcription within the next two years?  Email me and I can send you a copy. ...

Off Shore Transcription
May 23, 2010

Does anyone know for a fact that Transcend sends work off-shore?  Heard the rumor, and just wonder if its true after their protestations to the contrary. ...

Accounts That Do Not Off-shore
Sep 08, 2011

What I've been wondering is whether or not MQ even wants to retain the accounts that do not allow them to off-shore.  These accounts obviously do not produce the same profits.  Thoughts? ...

Company That Does Not Go Off-shore
Feb 14, 2012

Is there a company out there that is hiring that does not send most of their work out? Please email me if you know of something please.  I am needing to make a change. ...

Off Shore Working
Oct 08, 2013

Currently right now, there are 1301 employers working on our accounts off shore, whiile ony in-state 198 are working.  Now where are our jobs?  no wonder we have NJAs   ...

More CMTs Coming From Off-shore
Dec 18, 2010

New CMT & RMT tests out, so off-shore will be teaching to the tests big time.  This is going on in our industry and others; but savvy big companies are awake and tweaking certification testing to catch the problem; not sure ADHI is sophisticated enough for that.  I am really NOT sure they WANT to address that issue.  Watch the flood of new CMTs from off-shore...and what it does to availability of our jobs.  (Yet there will be the re ...

Our Work Is Going Off Shore Faster Than You Can Imagine
Feb 25, 2010

Our work is going off shore faster than you can imagine.  According to posts, I see we are wondering about the lack of work, in many cases for over a year.  We are behind in getting info on this.  Google off-shore transcription or any words that will get you the info.  The information is plentiful.  Many articles state the hospitals are unaware that work is going off shore.  They just dictate, assume it goes to a central system in the states and we sit behind our desks and have so much wor ...

On-shore US Illegal Activities By Indian IT Companies
Nov 25, 2009

Related to the US transcriptionists issues with work offshoring to Indian companies, is this article series about Indian owned/run companies in the Information Technology field pulling illegal activities right here in the US in order to save money.  http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034732629.htm http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034738024.htm http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034736588.htm Given that these owners would d ...

Retraining Programs To Those Of Us Displaced By Work Going Off Shore
Oct 23, 2014

I know I have seen this in the past, but cannot remember what the resources were.  I consider myself displaced due to off-shoring of my work (which would cover most of us), but I cannot remember what this information was regarding getting retraining due to this situation.  Can anyone help?  Thanks so much. ...

Ever Heard Of Synovial Shore Company Where Aspirates Are Sent To Check From Knee
Sep 13, 2014

Googled it but can't find company with this name.  Sounds 100% like it though.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Pt With Wrist Fracture. "Exam Reveals *mid Shore* AV Fistulas With Good **thrill* ???
Feb 02, 2010

s ...

TAA Petition =
Jan 21, 2010

As suggested the other day, I e-mailed my TAA regional director since all I was getting from my One-Stop Career Center person & UI was that I needed a letter stating a lay off date or that there was an imminent threat of lay off. She sent me a note, then cc'd my e-mail to my state director.  Here are their responses: Regional:  You would need a qualifying separation in order to be eligible for Trade benefits as you have not been determined to be an adversely affected incumbe ...

Does Anyone Know If There Has Been A TAA Petition
Aug 16, 2013

filed with the DOL for Nuance employees?  I know MModal has one and lots of their employees, both past and present, are taking advantage of the schooling and other benefits.  If not filed for Nuance employees could we model one after the MModal petition?  Anybody have any information?  ...

Petition (sm)
Apr 02, 2014

Petition for Joint Commission to change standards in health care documentation.  This was created by an MT.  ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...