A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Internet news of bring back Made In America - anon

Posted: May 14, 2011

We are all now looking for products to promote USA jobs as we are all suffering greatly, and especially in this job and with the services.  Maybe those who claim they do not Offshore should have a line that says TIA--Typed In America. 

TIA and nonprofit. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
All the years of knowledge now feels like we are one step above a volunteer. Volunteers though get recognized and get a free dinner!

Similar Messages:

Think They'll Ever Bring Back The Fuzzy
Jun 04, 2013

I really liked it. ...

Bring Back The Money
Oct 05, 2013

Link to an article about companies stashing money overseas, like my job. ...

Bring It Back Up= Conflict Of Interest
Aug 29, 2010

Why not just read your contract and find out for yourself instead of relying on the opinions of other people? In the end, neither company will care what someone told you; they will only care about a contract YOU  signed. The company I worked for had specifically stated in their contract that we could not work for any company that is in competition with them (any other MTSO) so in this case I would be in violation of that contract. We could work for a hospital, a clinic, a physician, etc, di ...

Bringing Work Back To America
Mar 05, 2012

Not long ago I was watching a news story about several manufacturing companies that had found, after shipping work overseas and seeing quality drop precipitously, a way to bring the work back to U.S. soil that actually LOWERED their overhead, INCREASED quality, and RAISED their profits. One company in particular made some sort of an appliance that was assembled with quite a few screws that are put in by hand.  They shipped the work to China, and quality suffered.  They also had to hire a lo ...

Taxes - Got Back A Lot Less Than Last Year Yet Made The Same Amount
Feb 12, 2010

Well got taxes done and got back a lot less than last year yet made the same amount. Did they change something? This is so discouraging.  ...

Bayscribe On Back Says Internet Page Is Not Available
Jun 18, 2012

I use Bayscribe and have done so for many years.  However, in the last a week a problem has developed that even a tech who works with me cannot solve.  I am hoping some BS guru on here can help me: After transcribing the report, I go to Print Preview to adjust the layout and then back to BS and then submit.  The problem that has developed is that when I try to go back to the original text using the back button as I have done thousands of times, it tells me that the Internet page is not ava ...

Good News! Smartype Is Back!
Feb 18, 2012

I'm so happy there is a new version of Smartype that has been released. It now works with newer versions of Word, i.e. Word 2007 and 2010 and works with other software including Outlook. It's even better than the original. I was using the old version of Smartype even though it had glitches when working with Word 2003. You can try it before you buy it, a definite plus. I highly recommend downloading this software. To me, it is a must for the medical transcriptionist to boost productivit ...

Today Is My First Day Back Working Since The News, And ...
Mar 10, 2014

I took the entire weekend in silence and did a lot of thinking, and made some decisions.  One thing that I know for sure about myself is that this bankruptcy issue is the END for me.  I've felt the end was coming, with the 99.6% requirement, and then even more so with the 99.7% requirement, but working for a company who requires more of ME than it does of ITSELF is a complete deal-breaker.  I won't work for a company that doesn't pay its bills - because that puts u ...

I Actually Made More Money As A Newbie Back In The Late 1980s. Sm
Dec 04, 2014

I started out at 7-1/4 cents a line, self-taught, no formal training other than a mentor.  What does that tell you? I'm now making less than I did 26 years ago per line. ...

ABC News Tomorrow Night...call Centers Coming Back
Feb 22, 2012

Tomorrow night on ABC news they will be doing a special about call center jobs  coming back to America and people making $14 an hour, leaving outsourcing centers because America is 3.5 times more productive.  Tonight they did a segment about a light bulb company coming back from China to Detroit because its cheaper now with the Obama cutting corporate taxes for keeping jobs in America and there was a segment about EMR company that was in Bangladore or wherever coming back to America an ...

I Made A Total Of $19,000 For 2011. Would Anyone Mind Sharing What They Made For The Year. I Am Ju
Jan 27, 2012

hopeful ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Payday--bring On The Tears
Feb 11, 2011

I really had hopes this payday after really pouring it on every shift, adding to expansions every shift, using all the "handy hints" they gave us.  Still not cutting it.  Please God answer my prayers and get me out of this stress factory.  And God, if it's not time to get out of here, please, oh please get MQ to do the right thing and "fix" ASR.  Don't make us keep changing dangerous abbreviations.  Don't make us keep fixing "headings" that were not dic ...

Can You Bring And Use Your Own Keyboard For CMT Test?
Apr 04, 2011

I have been typing on a kinesis freestyle keyboard for so long that I can't even type on a regular straight keyboard AT ALL.  Does anyone who has taken this test know if you are allowed to use your own keyboard during the test?  Thanks in Advance! ...

Question Before I Bring This To TSM Attention
Jan 08, 2014

This is my first time posting, but I hope you can be of help. Is the glucose in the CMP ever expressed as a decimal?  I have always thought it a whole number.  I left a blank after the glucose value where there  was a definite audio blip ending in "point 1."   I assumed this was the calcium value and doc cut the beginning off.  The account auto sends all blanks regardless of reason to QA.  ...

F5 Not Working. Will Not Bring Up Client Profile..
Oct 31, 2010

Anyone else having this problem? ...

Would Anyone Mind Sharing How Much They Bring Home Weekly?
Mar 25, 2010

Not trying to be nosey, just curious. ...

Everytime I Bring Consistent ASR Errors To The Attention Of Those Who
Nov 22, 2012

they blame it on the transcriptionists. I get told that this must be the way the transcriptions are editing the output. Are there really that may bad/horrible transcriptionists in the company??? I don't believe there are that many poor transcriptions..... unless they are using ILP's to train the ASR. Maybe that is the question I should be asking: Is the output so poor because you (the software techs) including ILP editing?? ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

SPi America
Jan 31, 2010

Is anyone familiar with SPi, does anyone work there currently? how are they, are they hiring??? ...

Anybody Else Here From SPi America?
Sep 21, 2011

No work.  No manager.  No info on switchover to Acusis.  Nothing.  Anybody else feel like they've been deserted? ...

Please, Please Given Information On DTS America....sm
Mar 15, 2010

I asked some questions below regarding DTS America and yet no answers.  I see there have been 97 onlookers.  Could someone please, please give me their experience, good or bad, with DTS America.  I am just looking for answers.  Ultimately I will make my own decision, but it is still good to communicate and learn of various experiences.  I have tested and tested and tested, and would definitely love to not waste my time with a company that is truly bogus.  I have ran ...

To MedTrans Of America
Mar 26, 2010

I was really interested in the position that you had until I read that you pay $.07/line with NO SPACES.  It honestly sounds like some great work that I would love to do, but unfortunately your pay is too low and doesn't include spaces.  Good luck! ...

Transcription-America.com
Oct 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me about the reputation of Transcription-America.com? They offer a training program if you buy their books for $60, and then their software equipment (foot pedal, software CD, etc.) for $495.  They claim everything else is free. ...

Anybody Else Ever Worked For DTS-America?
Nov 02, 2010

Has anybody else ever worked for DTS-America? ...

MedServ Of America
Nov 02, 2010

Has anyone heard from MedServ?  I sent my resume, received an email and have heard nothing else.  TIA. ...

Does Anybody Work For DTS-America?
Nov 03, 2010

Does anybody work for DTS-America? ...

DTS AMERICA - 12/07/2010
Dec 07, 2010

DTS America is posting for Radiology Transcriptionists, full-time, 2 shifts.  What is the latest with DTS?  ...

Transcription-America
Jan 12, 2011

Anybody ever hear of Transcription-America?  Is it right to pay $515.00 for "required software" just to get a job? ...