A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bring back the money - and bring back my job.

Posted: Oct 05, 2013

Link to an article about companies stashing money overseas, like my job.

And, imagine how much better unemployment numbers would be too - MTRockyRoad

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Think They'll Ever Bring Back The Fuzzy
Jun 04, 2013

I really liked it. ...

Bring It Back Up= Conflict Of Interest
Aug 29, 2010

Why not just read your contract and find out for yourself instead of relying on the opinions of other people? In the end, neither company will care what someone told you; they will only care about a contract YOU  signed. The company I worked for had specifically stated in their contract that we could not work for any company that is in competition with them (any other MTSO) so in this case I would be in violation of that contract. We could work for a hospital, a clinic, a physician, etc, di ...

Internet News Of Bring Back Made In America
May 14, 2011

We are all now looking for products to promote USA jobs as we are all suffering greatly, and especially in this job and with the services.  Maybe those who claim they do not Offshore should have a line that says TIA--Typed In America.    ...

I Don't Know What MM Paid For Their ASR Program But They Need To Get Their Money Back
Dec 06, 2013

ASR for this company is a total joke!!! It gets worse every single day. Remember when they said it would "learn." Well so far, it isn't learning!!! ...

I Actually Made More Money As A Newbie Back In The Late 1980s. Sm
Dec 04, 2014

I started out at 7-1/4 cents a line, self-taught, no formal training other than a mentor.  What does that tell you? I'm now making less than I did 26 years ago per line. ...

Number To Call To Get Computer Deposit Money Back
Jun 24, 2015

I quit Nuance over a year ago and just recently sent computer back (their delay, not mine).  I'm supposed to get computer deposit money back but haven't yet.  Does anyone know the correct phone number to contact regarding following up on this? Is it Human Resources? Only numbers I have are old TM and HR number from 2011. Thanks. ...

Payday--bring On The Tears
Feb 11, 2011

I really had hopes this payday after really pouring it on every shift, adding to expansions every shift, using all the "handy hints" they gave us.  Still not cutting it.  Please God answer my prayers and get me out of this stress factory.  And God, if it's not time to get out of here, please, oh please get MQ to do the right thing and "fix" ASR.  Don't make us keep changing dangerous abbreviations.  Don't make us keep fixing "headings" that were not dic ...

Can You Bring And Use Your Own Keyboard For CMT Test?
Apr 04, 2011

I have been typing on a kinesis freestyle keyboard for so long that I can't even type on a regular straight keyboard AT ALL.  Does anyone who has taken this test know if you are allowed to use your own keyboard during the test?  Thanks in Advance! ...

Question Before I Bring This To TSM Attention
Jan 08, 2014

This is my first time posting, but I hope you can be of help. Is the glucose in the CMP ever expressed as a decimal?  I have always thought it a whole number.  I left a blank after the glucose value where there  was a definite audio blip ending in "point 1."   I assumed this was the calcium value and doc cut the beginning off.  The account auto sends all blanks regardless of reason to QA.  ...

F5 Not Working. Will Not Bring Up Client Profile..
Oct 31, 2010

Anyone else having this problem? ...

Would Anyone Mind Sharing How Much They Bring Home Weekly?
Mar 25, 2010

Not trying to be nosey, just curious. ...

Everytime I Bring Consistent ASR Errors To The Attention Of Those Who
Nov 22, 2012

they blame it on the transcriptionists. I get told that this must be the way the transcriptions are editing the output. Are there really that may bad/horrible transcriptionists in the company??? I don't believe there are that many poor transcriptions..... unless they are using ILP's to train the ASR. Maybe that is the question I should be asking: Is the output so poor because you (the software techs) including ILP editing?? ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Money
Mar 29, 2010

Call me greedy, but what can a new MT expect to earn the first couple of months? Based on having plenty of work and working around the clock. I am putting out at least 1100 lines a day for now.  What is considered a good line count? ...

BIG MONEY
Jul 28, 2010

Okay, so I signed on with Transcend because they said, "Do you want to be guaranteed $900 per pay period as full time?" Well, sure. That sure reeled me in. I had always been afraid they ran out of work. Now it turns out that you HAVE to earn $900 IN ORDER TO BE full time. Big difference! It's like saying, "If you win the Olympic gold medal, you'll be guaranteed a first-place finish!" Or, "If you win the election, you'll be guaranteed more votes than your opponent!" It's so ba ...

How Do I Get My Money?!
Nov 21, 2011

Ok, finally, the horrors have happened to me. All was well, but now I'm getting seriously pissed. I work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week. Those hours are mandatory. My pay is equalling less than minimum wage. I e-mailed the company asking them about having to pay me minimum wage given the mandatory hours. The only response I got was "I'll look into it." That was over a week ago. In addition, the platform we use that records our lines is not recording all my jobs! I write down all the job ...

If You're In It Just For The Money, Don't Become An MT
Sep 03, 2012

I've had the same line rate (9 cpl) for 5 years, and I notice the new accounts they offer MTs pay 7.5 or 8 cpl at most. I must admit, though that I do work for a great company (I've been with them 12 years); they offer lots of flexibility (no required shifts or hours, just a reasonable line quota), payment promptly by direct deposit twice a month like clockwork, an easy to use transcription platform and wonderful QA and support staff. I have a lot of job satisfaction, though for my yea ...

More Money
Sep 18, 2012

Do any MTs out there working for MM know how we can all get together and demand more money? they don't listen to us one at a time! ...

I Will Owe Them Money!
Mar 26, 2013

I guess my next check will be a negative amount, since last week I didn't even get 8 hours in and this week thus far, I have only gotten 2 hours in.  Somebody has to pay for my insurance and I am pretty sure they aren't going to cover it at the kindness of their heart.  Beyond frustrated!!! ...

WE WANT MORE MONEY!!!
Oct 01, 2014

I want to know when we are gettiing more money. Not interested in how exciting things are. I just need an email with the exact amount, NOW.  NOTHING ELSE. Don't want it tied into bonus because FIESA is manipulated to prevent bonuses. You did not hear us "loud and clear." WE WANT MORE MONEY. NOW. We don't want to hear about your studies or your excitement or new ways of exploring things in the usual vague Nuance-speak. Just send an email with the amount and the exact d ...

Where Did The Money Go
Jan 13, 2015

Deleted.   ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...

Too Much Time Too Little Money
Mar 03, 2010

Is anyone else as sick and tired of the amount of time spent (not being compensated for) reading about all the fluff at MQ during the last 3 years!  I am so out of here.  It's just a matter of time.  Good Bye MT all together.  ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Does Anybody Make Any Money At This? Sm
Jan 18, 2011

I've heard of more MTs NOT making any money than making money.  I've worked from home before but had to work full-time from home and part time at the hospital just to pay the bills then ended up quitting at home and went back to the hospital full time because I could make more money working from the hospital 40 hours than working 60 hours between the two.  I loved working from home but I couldn't make any money at it.  But at the time I only had 2 years' ...

The Q Must Be Making A Lot Of Money Off Me.
Feb 13, 2011

I calculated my hourly pay for this week. Mind you, I gave it all my effort every day this week. Drum roll..... I made $6 per hour. Because we have to be paid at least minimum wage, I get paid $8 per hour. My accounts are 99% ASR. I have been getting paid minimum wage for sometime now. If they weren't making plenty of money off me, they would have let me go some time ago. ...

Money Question
Jul 13, 2011

The physician dictates:  He has had to declare bankruptcy after being several tens of thousands of dollars in debt.  That is how I typed it anyway but I am not sure if that is correct.  Please help! ...