A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can you bring and use your own keyboard for CMT test? - kiki1

Posted: Apr 04, 2011

I have been typing on a kinesis freestyle keyboard for so long that I can't even type on a regular straight keyboard AT ALL.  Does anyone who has taken this test know if you are allowed to use your own keyboard during the test?  Thanks in Advance!

you can take it at home now - just so you know

[ In Reply To ..]
but you have to have a web cam, they watch you while you take it so you cannot cheat.

??? Are you kidding? It's too late at night for me for jokes...haha - kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't see how a web cam can stop a cheater though.

I's sure rather take it in the comfort of my own home using my own keyboard, so if you aren't joking, please clarify... :)

go to their website if you dont believe me - crooks dot com

[ In Reply To ..]
@ @@
@
@ @@
Thank you. It's not that I don't believe you.... - kiki1
[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I should believe it--it's probably ADHD's way of getting more people to do it so they can get more money........but I'll check it out...thanks!
Are you thinking about - taking the test?
[ In Reply To ..]
I took it last November before they switched proctoring companies and we could only bring in a pencil and a piece of blank paper which they provided and the key to a locker where we had to put our purse and everything else. Then I had to go to a room with about 15 or more cubicles each with a video monitor at each one and everybody taking whatever test they were there for. I didn't actually use much of the keyboard because the majority of the test was multiple choice, but I guess it would be nice if you take it at home now and can use your own keyboard. Good luck to you!

Similar Messages:

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Payday--bring On The Tears
Feb 11, 2011

I really had hopes this payday after really pouring it on every shift, adding to expansions every shift, using all the "handy hints" they gave us.  Still not cutting it.  Please God answer my prayers and get me out of this stress factory.  And God, if it's not time to get out of here, please, oh please get MQ to do the right thing and "fix" ASR.  Don't make us keep changing dangerous abbreviations.  Don't make us keep fixing "headings" that were not dic ...

Think They'll Ever Bring Back The Fuzzy
Jun 04, 2013

I really liked it. ...

Bring Back The Money
Oct 05, 2013

Link to an article about companies stashing money overseas, like my job. ...

Question Before I Bring This To TSM Attention
Jan 08, 2014

This is my first time posting, but I hope you can be of help. Is the glucose in the CMP ever expressed as a decimal?  I have always thought it a whole number.  I left a blank after the glucose value where there  was a definite audio blip ending in "point 1."   I assumed this was the calcium value and doc cut the beginning off.  The account auto sends all blanks regardless of reason to QA.  ...

Bring It Back Up= Conflict Of Interest
Aug 29, 2010

Why not just read your contract and find out for yourself instead of relying on the opinions of other people? In the end, neither company will care what someone told you; they will only care about a contract YOU  signed. The company I worked for had specifically stated in their contract that we could not work for any company that is in competition with them (any other MTSO) so in this case I would be in violation of that contract. We could work for a hospital, a clinic, a physician, etc, di ...

F5 Not Working. Will Not Bring Up Client Profile..
Oct 31, 2010

Anyone else having this problem? ...

Would Anyone Mind Sharing How Much They Bring Home Weekly?
Mar 25, 2010

Not trying to be nosey, just curious. ...

Everytime I Bring Consistent ASR Errors To The Attention Of Those Who
Nov 22, 2012

they blame it on the transcriptionists. I get told that this must be the way the transcriptions are editing the output. Are there really that may bad/horrible transcriptionists in the company??? I don't believe there are that many poor transcriptions..... unless they are using ILP's to train the ASR. Maybe that is the question I should be asking: Is the output so poor because you (the software techs) including ILP editing?? ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

Internet News Of Bring Back Made In America
May 14, 2011

We are all now looking for products to promote USA jobs as we are all suffering greatly, and especially in this job and with the services.  Maybe those who claim they do not Offshore should have a line that says TIA--Typed In America.    ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Anyone Using This Keyboard?
May 31, 2010

... the TypeMatrix (see link at bottom) If so (or otherwise) anyone using the Dvorak key layout?  Actually I was just trying to search for fast keyboards (as it seems like my keyboard is slow to react), and came across info on this.  Aside from the initial question, any tips on a regular keyboard with fast reaction and highlighting ability appreciated as well.  (I prefer an uncurved keyboard that isn't real large though.)  Thanks for any info you can give me! ...

What Keyboard Everyone Uses
Sep 05, 2010

Hi! Wondering what keyboards everyone uses. I currently have the logitech wave but think it is suffering a slow death and will be needing to purchase a new one soon. Any recommendations? Thanks! ...

Best Keyboard
Jun 21, 2011

I am going to be looking for a new keyboard.  I see most of you seem to like the split keyboard.  When I tried that at one time I couldn't get used to the 6 being on the wrong side of the keyboard (I use my right hand for it), for one thing.  Is this something you just get used to or do you all not have that problem to begin with?  Does anyone have an ergonomic keyboard that is not split that they like?  ...

Keyboard Help Please!
Nov 30, 2011

Please someone help.   Sometimes when I am typing my keyboard will just start typing wrong letters and/or numbers.   I have tried the num lock to no avail.   This only ever happens when I am typing on a platform.    Does anyone know a solution?  As always, thanks for any input! ...

Best Keyboard ???
Oct 16, 2012

Need a new keyboard and was wondering if any of you out there use a gaming keyboard for working as an MT?  If so, do you think they are better?  Which one would you recommend?  Thanks for your input. ...

DAS Keyboard?
Sep 03, 2013

Thinking about taking the plunge and investing in a DAS tactile keyboard.  It's a bigger investment than I've ever made in a keyboard. Does anyone here use a DAS keyboard or have used one?  If so, any feedback about it would be greatly appreciated.   TIA!!! ...

Need New Keyboard
Sep 13, 2014

Hello all, I am in need of a new keyboard.  I am using a Goldtouch now but the keyboard configuration does not really work for me, specifically the cntl, alt, and windows keys, as well as the home key.  I hit the wrong keys frequently, too much, and it hurts my production.  I do like the "touch" of it though.  I would like something that feels the same, a little bit spongy but not sticky.  Any suggestions.  TIA. ...

Keyboard
Jun 25, 2015

Hello, I am using a Microsoft split keyboard that is just about worn out and would like to know what most of you are using now. After using a split keyboard I do not think I could go back to a regular keyboard. Also, I keep the keyboard slanted to the left slightly which is more comfortable for me, probably because I am left-handed, but it does make to getting to some of the keys on my right hand a little difficult. Anyhow, just curious to see what most of you are using now. Thanks. ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

What Is The Best Type Of Keyboard?
Oct 13, 2009

I have a REALLY old, loud COMPAQ keyboard.  I am going to buy a new one soon.  What are the best kinds for transcription?  With mine, you really have to punch down on the keys, and I know that a lot of the newer ones are much easier to press.  Any ideas? ...

Keyboard Issues
Dec 07, 2009

Is anyone else having problems with their keyboard not working properly and sticking when in DocQScribe?  I changed the batteries in my keyboard but that didn't help.  This is an on and off problem in the past few days and I can't figure out if it's my keyboard, my computer, or DocQScribe.  ...

Quiet Keyboard
Jan 11, 2010

Hi all, Hoping this is on the "write" board. I'm looking for a keyboard for my Dell desktop that's quieter...like a laptop keyboard is. Any suggestions of model, where I can look, etc.? Personal experience with one is preferred... Thanks!! J ...

Footpedal Or Keyboard.sm
Mar 19, 2010

For those of you who are experienced with VR, do you use the footpedal to control the audio or the keyboard.   I am new to this.  I am used to using the footpedal but have heard from a couple of others that using the keyboard to control audio seems to be faster for them. I would like some opinions please.  Also, maybe you could tell me how long your learning curve was.  How long did it take to get your speed up to the point that you were making what you could make trans ...

Keyboard Protector
May 01, 2010

Does anybody use a keyboard protector/cover.  I am on my third keyboard this year due to spilling accidents (I think I better get a sippy cup).  Does a cover effect your typing at all? ...