A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bringing Work Back To America - (sm) - Meerkat

Posted: Mar 05, 2012

Not long ago I was watching a news story about several manufacturing companies that had found, after shipping work overseas and seeing quality drop precipitously, a way to bring the work back to U.S. soil that actually LOWERED their overhead, INCREASED quality, and RAISED their profits. One company in particular made some sort of an appliance that was assembled with quite a few screws that are put in by hand.  They shipped the work to China, and quality suffered.  They also had to hire a lot more employees to put in a lot more screws. So they reworked the design on their product, so that the metal housing fit together more precisely, and required half the number of screws to fasten it in place.  They were then able to bring the work back onshore, hire fewer people to install fewer screws, and because there were fewer of them, doing a better job on a better product, they were able to pay them far more than they paid all those Chinese workers, and still make more profit than ever before.  And needless to say, because the quality of their work went up, and because they could now say it was "Made in the USA", their clientele continues to grow.  A win for the employer, and a win for the worker! This business model could be applied to medical transcription, as well.  I really don't know why MTSOs shoot themselves in the foot by making everything so complicated, and by hiring far more employees than they need.  If they SIMPLIFIED production of the medical record, instead of continually adding more people, more steps, more editing, etc., they would likely be able to do away with India and/or VR altogether, pay their U.S. MTs a fair wage, AND make more money/gain more clients at the same time. 1.  Eliminate The Fluff:  All those unnecessary steps the report must go through before it reaches the client is ABSURD. The report should be dictated, go to a trained, capable, EXPERIENCED American MT, and then, in most cases, go directly back to the client.  MTs who can produce this kind of work should be paid top dollar.  2. Ditch The Voice Recognition:  It may be of limited use for the private practitioner, or for a very diligent and computer-savvy M.D. working on his own manuscript, paper, etc.  But for the day-to-day production of mass volumes of work, it's a time-waster and a quality drain.  The mere fact that it cannot go directly to the client (and let's face it - never will!), means that it then has to go through an MT's eyes, and computer, before finally going back to the client.  The Indians don't have the skill set to edit this VR mess.  Nor does a still-wet-behind-the-ears newbie.  Editing VR is HARDER than regular transcription.  It INCREASES the chance that a mistake will be made, and missed. It's a waste of the MTSO's money, and the MT's time.  Use VR for writing your interoffice memos, but leave the word-processing and transcription to people who know their stuff.  You'll make more money in the long run, and have happier clients. 3.  Back Off On The T.A.T:   I realize TAT is a bargaining tool between provider and client, but I mean, REALLY!  It's become a ball-and-chain for both the MTSO and their employees.  MOST medical reports do NOT have to be back in the EMR within 2 hours.  Or even 2 days, for that matter!  How many days or weeks-old consults or discharge summaries do we do every single day?  When hospitals are up for accreditation, they have to catch up on their backlogs.  Suddenly everything but the kitchen sink is dictated as "STAT", because if it's not all in the patients' charts, they may lose their accreditation.  Well, you know what?  That's not the MTSO's problem!  It's the hospitals' problem!  If they didn't train their docs to keep up-to-date on their dictation, then if it has to be sent as a STAT report, they should have to pay a premium to have it transcribed with a quick TAT.  Maybe that extra cost should come out of the DICTATOR'S pocket. There should be 2 transcription lines - regular and STAT.  If the STAT lines cost twice what the regular lines cost to get transcribed, then I'd be willing to bet that the hospitals will come down hard on docs and PAs who dictate anything other than a true STAT on those lines.  4.  The MTSO and the MT should not be paying out of their pockets for lazy and/or ESL dictators.  A new dictator should go through an initial, experienced MT's ears, and get rated.  The higher the rating, the more will have to be paid to transcribe them, because they will need a more-experienced MT.  The lower the rating, the easier they are.  Currently my MTSO has different pay scales for different accounts, but it should go further than that.  It should be PER DICTATOR.  They take more time. They take more experience. They're higher-risk in terms of potential for mistakes.  Maybe the hospitals should consider intelligibility of speech to be a factor when considering new-hire MDs.  The mush-mouths should cost them more money.  After all, their amateur attemps at ventriloquism-while-dictating (i.e., without moving the lips) is a risk to patient care. 5.  Get Job Descriptions Under Control:  Although it may be slightly more complicated in terms of billing, when it comes to different price tiers for good or bad dictators, I think that would more than pay for itself in terms of getting the offenders to clean up their acts a bit.  That could be even further offset by scaling back on the currently PONDEROUS and RIDICULOUS custom-order job specifications set by not only every hospital, but by every frickin' doctor!  What the H__ IS all this?!  "Dr. X wants every report double-spaced.  Dr. Y wants paragraph headers bolded and underlined.  Dr. Z wants an Arial font (never mind that his hospital uses Times New Roman!).  Dr. W wants all dictation verbatim, and Dr. P wants the MT to clean up his sentence structure.  Dr. T wants a phone number inserted after every referring physician's name, wherever it is mentioned in the report.  Dr. B wants all drugs in Italics.  Dr. A wants indented paragraphs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but on Tuesdays and Thursdays, he wants block form.  And on Saturdays and Sundays, he wants the first letter of every paragraph embellished in oversized Gothic script. Come ON, people!  How does this help accuracy, TAT, or patient care, when the MT has to not only refer to a 100-page "instruction manual" for every account, but then to a list of positively ridiculous and NEEDLESS personal style demands from each Prima Donna? (I mean, doctor.)  Tell the hospitals and the doctors to GET OVER THEMSELVES.  If they REALLY want all doctors to have their very own "style" of dictation format, maybe they should hire a few highly-paid MTs of their OWN to deal with all that fluff. The medical record really has only two purposes: For doctors to refer to in order to provide better patient care, and to serve as a medicolegal record.  That record should be neat, easy-to-read, and accurate.  6.  Have A Standard Format:  You're already charging them bargain-basement transcription rates. Why on God's green earth do you think giving them all that style-diversity is good for your bottom line?  Where do you even DRAW the line?  Come up with a simple, standard, businesslike company format that will be Word-compatible, and easily compatible with ALL client software.  That way, when it uploads from your platform to the client's, it won't take on a life of its own, format-wise.  It will STILL be simple, easy-to-read, and businesslike.  If the format is the same for all your clients, it will be easier for your MTs to jump from one hospital to the next during the working day.  Pay your MTs more for the time it takes to tackle those no-speakie-English doctors.  That way they can slow down a little, and take the time to fill in more of those blanks.  And, if you charge more for them, maybe in the future there will be fewer of them to deal with, because the hospitals will realize that clear speakers mean a lower bottom line for them, as well.  

Oh yeah, MT Bill of Rights! - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
This is useful to me...very useful :)

I didn't mean it as a "Bill of Rights", but as an - actual business model. -(sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
We have no "rights", it seems, other than the few labor laws that the MTSOs actually choose to follow.

But like it or not, MTs are part of the path between the doctor's mouth and the patient's final record. The record that you, or I, or anyone else, could be poring over in a Jury Room someday.

If I'm the patient those records represent, you better be d****d sure that I want them to not only be accurate, but readable, as well. No matter whether the person reading them is a nurse renewing a prescription, a tired, cranky juror who just wants the case they're on to be OVER with, or a doctor going over them once more just before opening up my abdomen.

It's like that old game of "telephone", where a message is whispered from player to player, and by the time it gets back to the original person, it's usually not the same.

Medical records go through too many unneccesary and not quality-building, but quality-REDUCING, steps before reaching the client. It's no wonder the clients change MTSOs almost as frequently as the MTs do.

You'd think that someone up in the management offices with half a brain would want to improve their companies, instead of just running them into the ground for short-term profits.

What I see in these practices is a complete lack of FORESIGHT.

Business Model, that's what I mean :) - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
I say Bill of Rights because...good business practices are a right, aren't they, in some sense? As a MINIMUM...and go UP from there.

wow - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
You took a long time to write that out and I hope it helped relieve some of your stress.

But VR is not going anywhere. It will continue to get better. The MT positions will be whittled down. Life is never EVER going back to the days that many see as "gravy."

I've also seen work from offshore as well as onshore and can tell you there are just as many "not so hot" American MTs as there are Indian/Pakistani/Filipino ones.

Until you standardize the requirements for being an MT both with education and knowledge base, as well as skill set (typing 60 wpm won't cut it), you will not see any change in our current status.

And I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. Change happens. Life goes on. There have been many professions which have gone extinct or severely redefined before us, and there will be those that come after us (telephone operators, steelworkers, printers just to name a few). Such is the price of technology.

By encouraging clients to find a better way than - what we"ve currently got, MTSOs are - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
eventually going to put themselves out of business.

The willingness of some hospitals to want to take a chance on (not to mention the expense of,) having doctors enter their own data into the EMR shows you just how UNACCEPTABLE the MTSO in its current form really is.

=^..^=

Going out of business - some will

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right, some MTSOs WILL go out of business. They already are. How many "mergers" or sales have we seen in the last two years.

I owned my own service for a long time. But around 2001-2002, technology was changing (again) and I was faced with a financial choice. Put my house on the block again or close my doors. I closed my doors. Now, I recently read on here someone asking about going from tapes and nearly choked, because that person may just find that their behind-the-times doctor may just go from 0-60 by bypassing them once they get a call in system in place and go right to point and click.

There are some companies who have not fought the changes. It's silly to really. We're a country built on doing it faster, better, cheaper. So companies now have two choices-- educate themselves and keep up with technologic changes and train their MTs to work within those confines, or to sell out to a "big" and move on.

The "bigs" are already showing you hints of what they will look like. Transcription is becoming less the concentration and they are becoming "documentation" experts. This is all encompassing of what clients will need.

I was recently speaking with an operations manager where I work. He told me he has not felt as ENCOURAGED about transcription in a long time, as he does now. Know what the major change was? Transcription, having always been a cost and never any kind of profit center, has been renamed and with the new technology- it's now under IT. IT, you may already know, is the money bags of most companies. I think for some MTs who are able to specialize and make the technology work for them, are going to see an eventual increase in compensation. But that increase in compensation may not be for sitting in front of a computer listening to a doctor all day. The skill set is going to change.

So the way I see it, you can sit and lament what used to be in the "olden days" (even if those days were 2 years ago), or you can figure out how to keep yourself viable, employable, and relevant. All the "we have to make them stop it" is just not going to cut it. Time to put on the Big Girl panties and move forward.

Now I've wasted lots of uncompensated keystrokes on this reply so I'm going back to work.

The question is how will YOU remain relevant?
the fundamental question remains. - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
you've still got a population that needs work...a population of humans. It's capitalism, and people need jobs, if they aren't living off investments or in some other desirable position.

High unemployment leads to political instability and other dire social costs. Costs. Cost/benefit. The fundamental issue remains, whether we put on our "big girl panties" (does anyone ever say big boy briefs?) as individuals or not.

Seems to me, just applying technology consistently, to squeeze people out of jobs, is not long-term sound economic policy. All the social ills and suffering we see aren't separate from choices people make about technology. They're related. Can't we at least start thinking about it, in terms of economic policy...globally?
human capital - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
The reality is this country thrives on capitalism. We're not going to change that, at least not w/o first having our second civil war.

So you're saying to a hospital, many who don't really have high profit margins, be altruistic. We want you to pay more so that more people have jobs. Just isn't going to happen.

I'm a helper- as in I'm in a helping profession (besides this one! LOL!) and I believe in helping mankind, but when it all comes down to it at the end of the day, Americans want to know THEY are taken care of first.

Technology is here and it's being embraced. You can "should" all over the place but that's not going to change reality. Our country has/is enduring a shift. Time to figure out how to be on the up side of that and demanding someone else take a cut so you don't have to is just not going to work.
You misread me, I think - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
Am I saying anything about "altruism"...hmm, no.
Waiting around for that CEO making 'way too - much money to finally toss us - s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
a bone isn't going to work, either.

It already ISN'T working. It's strangling the entire country, with even more bad times to come if all the currently out-of-work, middle-aged people in this country hit old age without a pot to p!ss in, or a window to throw it out of.
Who's waiting around... - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
? things are happening - not always visible from a message board like this...
Sorry, where's my job, I was replying to the - human capital post. ;)
[ In Reply To ..]
Remaining relevant - some will - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
So, what is YOUR new career going to be?
it's not a question of relevance... - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just one person...out of billions on this planet - whose economic system globally is capitalism? Anywhere that it isn't anymore?

All these billions of people, if they are not independently wealthy in some way shape or form...or let's just say financially independent, you don't necessarily have to be wealthy to not have to do the full-time job thing...they all need work. Right, hopefully not just low-paying menial work, but good-paying jobs. Billions of them...

MT'ing in the US is only a microcosm of the big picture. How can technology be used to create jobs, careers, what have you - up to and including financial independence - for the world's population? Preserve the environment, and the list goes on.

I mean, sounds like social darwinism when you talk about "relevance." I'm a human being - shouldn't the global economy be relevant to human needs?
To "Where's_my_job - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry - I was trying to reply to "Going out of business - some will."
Now I'm confused - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
then disregard my message above, sorry :)
remaining relevant - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm confused. India and other "third world" countries are bettering their lot, so why aren't you happy about that?

The divide between have and wish-we-had is getting too wide. Again, w/o a civil war (which I actually can envision but hope I never see), this genie will not be put back in the bottle. Look at the salary of those in the helping professions. We don't value that (also many of those positions are female oriented). We still live in a white man's world, and he keeps screwing us over again and again and again for hundreds of years now :)

If we're going to revolt, let's think bigger.
Who said I wasn't happy about that? - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow. "Bettering their lot," it's complicated. Not sure about bringing "white man's world" into it?

It's complicated - don't even know what you mean by "female oriented." That's really complicated too. You mean "female dominated field" like "male dominated?" Or is it "a dominated female field."

It's complicated.
If this country is going to allow a bunch of - greed-mongers to ruin - s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
my life, not to mention the lives of many millions of other citizens of the country that just want to work so they can survive, then maybe civil war is exactly what we need. I know one thing's for sure: if I and millions of others in this country are going to fail and go down, then I'd at the very least like to see them cause this whole so-called USofA (i.e., Conglomerate of Mega-Corporations) to fail right along with them.
Civil War...I certainly hope not... - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
good grief, we already had a civil war...seems like some people (not saying you, just see "The Southern Strategy" and Karl Rove) are still fighting it.

Terrible...think of all the little babies and children...I don't want them to suffer...think of all the teenagers...the grownups...the seniors...no, I don't want anyone to go through the hell of a "civil" war.
new career - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a graduate degree in another field should I need to use it.

For now, I've stayed up with what changes are coming and made sure my company loves me. When things get iffy, I've made contacts to gain the knowledge I need to stay employed.

What will yours be? Seriously. Instead of wishing for MT to go in reverse, we need to be mapping our paths forward.
Didn't say anything about "reverse" - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly the opposite - forward. ?? Not sure where you are coming from - but a "company" "loving me" is definitely not a priority for me. Think of those Chinese workers making iPhones - should they want Apple to wuv 'em, and pay them poorly? Just to have any job at all.

Something wrong with any economy, when people have to be "thankful" "just" to have a job.
Gag me. - With a spoon.
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm 62 years old. You tell ME what my "new - career" is supposed to be!
[ In Reply To ..]
maybe we can be dumpster divers. - no msg.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
People who are fighting by not accepting - being treated like garbage
[ In Reply To ..]
already have their big girl panties on. People like you that believe we should just jump off a bridge because companies say that is what we have to do still wear diapers. VR is garbage and people like you let them cut your wages because you "accept" it. If you would put on your big girl panties and stop doing the garbage they wouldn't get away with it. you must think pretty low of yourself if you want to work for peanuts. Stop doing the garbage.
Feel better? - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm paid nearly 8cpl to do VR, so you might want to take ALL of those ASSumptions and back off.
I'm not backing off, you are the - exception, not the rule
[ In Reply To ..]
If all people were paid fairly, as it sounds like you are, they wouldn't be complaining. Do you have a problem with others feeling they should make a fair wage? The only way they are going to get it is to fight for it.

Is it about humans or machines? - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a basic question, it's an important question, and I don't think it works to just say, "the machines are winning. Give in." Because people use machines, to control other people, to suck money out of other people and oppress them. And the opposite is true also, people use machines to do good things too.

What is the ethical use of all these new technologies? I don't think slipping a huge pay cut in under the radar, in the name of "increased productivity due to software" is an ethical use of technology.

I agree on everything but VR & TAT - JMHO

[ In Reply To ..]
I can kick it w/ our VR program usually, with all due respect. I have worked on absolutely horrid ones were docs who could barely speak English were allowed on.

As far as the TAT thing, JCAHO pretty much sets the TAT based on the work type. I once had a doc who was doing D/C summaries from a year ago simply because JCAHO was coming for the audit. Hospital higher ups wouldn't suspend his privileges because he'd been there for appx 30 yrs, so I spent hours and hours of OT trying to catch his incoherent, nonsensical, BS notes.

JCAHO is a joke these days - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They used to actually look at the quality of a report and take points away from Medical Records if it was not correct. Now they look at the bottom for MT initials or VR initials and then do not even attempt to look at the VR reports or there would be a lot of hospitals fined in this respect. They overlook documentation these days for patients. Sad really.

PREACH IT SISTA! I'm right behind you 100%! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never, NEVER understood this coddling attitude towards doctors by letting them dictate their formatting and report style rather than, as a hospital administrator, telling the physician this is what is required regarding formatting a style.

You adopt a standard, whether it be the BOS or your write your own BOS, and then you say this is how it is done at this facility PERIOD!

Every HIM department I have ever been a part of always have what we called a "naughty list." Physicians who don't keep up with their dictations or don't sign off on their charts. Why is it so difficult to tell those same physicians, this is the standardized report format that we use, adjust your dictating style accordingly?

I agree with you - but

[ In Reply To ..]
sadly, I no longer care. I'm currently on what I hope is my final job hunt, somewhere that I can just earn enough to put food in my belly, have insurance to cover my ills and be far, far away from MT and the hell that it has become for me.

I shouldn't laugh, but... - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
good luck to you - the thought of MT'ing being far far behind me, in the rearview mirror of my life, keeps me going at bad moments...it can all be like a bad dream that's finally ended...

Good luck to you! I'm on my "final job hunt", - & have been for 4 years. Nada. Zilch.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm pretty sure the only "retirement" I'll ever see is the "Smith & Wesson retirement plan".

Final job hunt - jan2

[ In Reply To ..]
Ya, me too, been out of work for 13 months with no unemployment, just Social Security. Your retirement plan, hope it's a job, care to explain?
Woops, freudian slip - hope it's a JOKE, not job - n/m - jan2
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
Smith & Wesson manufactures handguns. - And I wouldnt be building them.
[ In Reply To ..]
:/

Oh my goodness...join the Gray Panthers - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
Join AARP, join Occupy, pitch a tent at the state capital...make yourself inconvenient, not tragic. Does it ever seem like you hit rock bottom...then something inside you...let's call it your "inner snarling cur" - something inside you isn't giving in. It might not be pretty, but c'mon...real simple...UP Social Security for those who CAN'T pay into it in their so-called "highest earning years" - because of job #$(*$* beyond their control. If you lose your job because of technology...you are a "displaced worker." I'd be more than happy to be a senior getting boosted Social Security payments, AND working some project to qaulify for it - working with kids, urban gardens etc. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

great post! - no msg

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Bringing Back To The Top, Has Anyone Heard From Script Time Medical Transcription?
Dec 21, 2010

NM ...

Internet News Of Bring Back Made In America
May 14, 2011

We are all now looking for products to promote USA jobs as we are all suffering greatly, and especially in this job and with the services.  Maybe those who claim they do not Offshore should have a line that says TIA--Typed In America.    ...

Bringing This To The Top...
Oct 01, 2014

My TSM told me to call support, so I did.  Talked to a very nice gentleman who tried to clear the job & couldn't.  Told me he was escalating it to domestic(?!?).  So, I'm vacuuming & doing laundry in the meantime. ...

Bringing Up From Below
Feb 17, 2015

or TSA or HDSM or whoozit acronym.  Can you give initials? Want to see if it's my former PODMistress.  TIA ...

Bringing This To The Top. This Is The Letter I Have
Apr 14, 2012

so far.  It is a long one so please bear with me US DEPT OF LABOR RE MT To Whom It May Concern; I have been a medical transcriptionist for 16 years.  I have been working at home 14 of those 16 years.  When I started out working at home, I was offered 7-1/2 cpl.  I am now consistently offered 6-7 cpl for straight transcription and 3-4 cpl for editing.  I am lucky to make $20 a day.  That includes running out of work, the ridiculously low pay and the tons of accoun ...

Bringing Antitrust To The Top
Nov 23, 2012

Someone asked to explain what antitrust means.  Antitrust laws were put in place by the US government and are intended to prevent companies from controlling prices and reducing competition (i.e. monopoly).  Nuance is under investigation for violation of these laws.  Yes, as someone said, it will be tied up in the courts for a long time, but it doesn't mean nothing, contrary to what the poster said.  It means that there is enough evidence against Nuance to warrant in ...

REQUEST TO MODERATOR - Bringing This To The Top
Jul 02, 2012

Bringing this to the top because it has gotten a ways down now...but could we please have a board for Happy MT's where we can go and talk with our "coworkers" without being abused?  Even in the thread below requesting this, we have been told we are being insensitive for talking about being successful.  This is getting quite ridiculous and disgusting.  Can we please, please, please have "somewhere to go" to have a real discussion without name calling and abusiveness?  The ...

Bringing The Qualified Text (QT) Subject Over Here.
Jan 14, 2012

I am under the impression that QT is canned text that we bring into the report and add text at certain spots when the dictator specifies? I used to do a lot of ophthalmology reports. Surgeon would say: Please insert my normal phacoemulsification with IOL implant. Then they would dictate which eye, how many diopters, model and size of lens, etc. Does QT also sometimes just show up on the report that comes up and then we just add what is dictated? How long does it take to bring in the QT? Than ...

Split Jobs Not Bringing In Demographics
Dec 31, 2013

Anyone else having this problem?  ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

SPi America
Jan 31, 2010

Is anyone familiar with SPi, does anyone work there currently? how are they, are they hiring??? ...

Anybody Else Here From SPi America?
Sep 21, 2011

No work.  No manager.  No info on switchover to Acusis.  Nothing.  Anybody else feel like they've been deserted? ...

Please, Please Given Information On DTS America....sm
Mar 15, 2010

I asked some questions below regarding DTS America and yet no answers.  I see there have been 97 onlookers.  Could someone please, please give me their experience, good or bad, with DTS America.  I am just looking for answers.  Ultimately I will make my own decision, but it is still good to communicate and learn of various experiences.  I have tested and tested and tested, and would definitely love to not waste my time with a company that is truly bogus.  I have ran ...

To MedTrans Of America
Mar 26, 2010

I was really interested in the position that you had until I read that you pay $.07/line with NO SPACES.  It honestly sounds like some great work that I would love to do, but unfortunately your pay is too low and doesn't include spaces.  Good luck! ...

Transcription-America.com
Oct 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me about the reputation of Transcription-America.com? They offer a training program if you buy their books for $60, and then their software equipment (foot pedal, software CD, etc.) for $495.  They claim everything else is free. ...

Anybody Else Ever Worked For DTS-America?
Nov 02, 2010

Has anybody else ever worked for DTS-America? ...

MedServ Of America
Nov 02, 2010

Has anyone heard from MedServ?  I sent my resume, received an email and have heard nothing else.  TIA. ...

Does Anybody Work For DTS-America?
Nov 03, 2010

Does anybody work for DTS-America? ...

DTS AMERICA - 12/07/2010
Dec 07, 2010

DTS America is posting for Radiology Transcriptionists, full-time, 2 shifts.  What is the latest with DTS?  ...

Transcription-America
Jan 12, 2011

Anybody ever hear of Transcription-America?  Is it right to pay $515.00 for "required software" just to get a job? ...

DTS America, TO ALICIA
Feb 06, 2011

I never run out of work, as a matter of fact, they call me almost daily to work extra.  I've never had any problems with them, I do my job and do it well and they leave me alone.  The only ones I ever hear from are the help desk, and again, it is always to work extra.  They often send e-mails offering OT for certain accounts that tend to get backed up quite often.  The pay is good and they offer incentive for both PT and FT.  Just curious, did you get a job with the ...

America's Pride
Feb 13, 2015

Anyone currently working for AP? Appreciate any info ...

Any Recent Info On DTS America? Thank You !
Oct 24, 2009

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Looking For Information Good Or Bad On DTS America In TN. Thanks...nm
Mar 04, 2010

Would really appreciate any information on DTS America in Brentwood, TN.  Saw ad and thinking about applying, but would like to know if this is a bad company, then no need to waste my time.  ...

Medi-Tran America, Inc.
Apr 21, 2010

Does anyone have information on this company - good, bad?  TIA ...

MT Week Gift From DTS America?
May 18, 2010

Does DTS America give an MT week gift out?  If so, has anyone gotten theirs yet?  Thanks in advance. ...

......He Could Be Talking About Any MTSO In America.
Aug 20, 2010

Gotta love George Carlin; he doesn't mince words.   As I listened to his monologue, I felt like he was describing most MTSO's, not just corporate America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI ...

DTS America/TN Line Counts
Nov 15, 2010

Okay, another end of pay period with not enough work to make line count.  This is just not right.  Is there anybody working for DTS right now, working their scheduled shift and making their line count?   What is happening there? ...

Transcend Gobbles Up DTS America
Mar 02, 2011

Just received an email that Transcend has acquired DTS.  Perhaps this will help all those with no work find work.... (yes, I grinned when I typed that). ...