A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Payday--bring on the tears - Adios

Posted: Feb 11, 2011

I really had hopes this payday after really pouring it on every shift, adding to expansions every shift, using all the "handy hints" they gave us.  Still not cutting it. 

Please God answer my prayers and get me out of this stress factory. 

And God, if it's not time to get out of here, please, oh please get MQ to do the right thing and "fix" ASR. 

Don't make us keep changing dangerous abbreviations.  Don't make us keep fixing "headings" that were not dictated as headings.

Don't keep making us correct the names of drugs, what the heck? How hard is that to program?

Make the system really "learn" the dictator.  Don't make us keep making the same corrections over and over and over. 

At least meet us halfway.  I have been working hard and honest for many, many years. I don't expect a pat on the back anymore, for sure, but at least don't insult me by trying to make be believe, after 15 years, it's me and not the product.

Okay, done venting, back to applying.

Yes, apply elsewhere. I went from 2K a month to 800/month as a flex. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I have young kids, so working a part-time worked best. I was going through old tax returns a couple of weeks ago. Just three and four years ago, I was making around 24K for part-time with MQ.

Then came VR...I blame VR mostly. When I quit MQ a few months ago, my last pay check was #385, but I rounded it up to around $800 a month. SAME HOURS.

So there ya go. Whatever they say about making the same with VR (or more, I've heard), is dead wrong. Unless you're somehow on a special account that has magical powers. I've been shifted around to various accounts, so I've experienced a lot of docs.

Get a different job.

I left 6 years ago - RiverMT

[ In Reply To ..]
and haven't looked back since. I realized that they started out too many people on VR their accounts and those people just kept correcting each other's same mistakes. No one was monitoring the changes, therefore the system could not learn. When trying to tell them that, our voices met on deaf ears. The management part of MQ dropped the ball on VR, not the MTs. And I feel sorry for you guys cuz it's never going to get any better, just worse, because it snowballs with each and every new MT they put on 7 to 10 accounts. Every MT does things differently, their own style, their own way. So each of you is just beating your head against a concrete wall by trying to correct "the system". You just keep going back and forth, back and forth, correcting each other, not the system. Such a shame that a really good system (altho I cannot STAND voice recog) is being misused so badly and it really *could* be trained to help everyone. Instead, it's just a waste of time, money and effort until MQ realizes that THEY have to help their MTs, the ones who put money into THEIR pockets, and take control of the VR system with good managers and monitors. What a shame...

I didn't have a problem with the voice recognition - paying

[ In Reply To ..]
80% of the line rate. When they dropped it to 70%, I really felt the squeeze, and now at 60% it is just ridiculous. There is no way. Maybe partly because the accounts that are left for us to type in the US are so awful, but it is really frustrating to try so hard and not be able to make half what you used to. I can't imagine how the newbies are even making minimum wage at 4 cpl.

Outsourcing - SharonB

[ In Reply To ..]
How much work does MQ outsource? When I worked for another company transcribing for large hospitals, we (the outsourced MTs) would get all the worst dictators. it was impossible to get a decent paycheck. Maybe I should just stay with my in-house hospital job where I am currently making $20/hr.
Yeah, I think I would. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
To: SharonB - Wooly Bully
[ In Reply To ..]
you'd really have to hate your job to leave that kind of money in this economy and in this field -- unless you just love to be stressed to the max trying to make ends meet on 1/2 of what you're making now to come work for the Q, I'd say stay there and be very grateful...JMO
I woud stay too, but - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
I would also keep in mind what other positions I could do for the company that you work for currently. You never know if they might want to outsource your department. I had that happen to me. I was making good money and now I struggle to make half of what I used to make.
WHAT ? where is that? and is that a - question, maybe?
[ In Reply To ..]
anyone making $20/hr should NOT even be reading this board contemplating change. Now if you want to help out fellow MTs get a new job that are being screwed by the system elsewhere,

VR is taking over - Carlson

[ In Reply To ..]
VR is taking over. Soon all hospitals will be outsourced and eventually all dictation will be front end VR meaning doctors will dictate and edit and print out their own reports. Time to find another profession as pay will be terrible for the editors that are left to edit the very difficult dictators.

its only a matter of time before it drops again - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
We all know the rate is going to drop again, it is just a matter of when. The sad thing is MQ tries to "justify" paying us less, spouting statistics regarding ASR. Remember how we were supposed to make more $$? Remember how it was going to help our wrists and hands? I have seen some companies pay 3.5 cpl and even lower for ASR so I am sure the MQ suits are in meetings trying to justify cutting the pay again. Why do you think they started these stupid productivity emails? They are trying to brainwash us that somehow if we can become productive by less mouse clicking or whatever and somehow if we aren't more productive it is our fault because they are providing training (on our own time). Never mind the fact that ASR only gets worse, it somehow is the MTs fault. The suits must think that MTs like making minimum wage. Gee I know that I love seeing my paychecks so much smaller than they used to be.

Similar Messages:

Payday, More Tears
Sep 21, 2011

So, decided to rip the band-aid off early and check on my paycheck in Ultipro. After deducting my pto pay and using actual hours, production pay, Now at just over $8/hr.  There was a day I made average $15/hr, and I was one of the slow, meticulous ones.  Really not sure why I put myself through this pain but it renews my resolve every 2 weeks to get out of here.  This working 3 jobs is slowly killing me, and so tired of working until 10 o'clock at night.  And like so m ...

Well, Here I Am In Tears Again
Jan 26, 2014

I hate this new job so much and yet I have to work.  Can't survive on Social Security. I was so relaxed and calm on my days off and now that I'm back to work, I'm in tears again. There is way too much "computer crap" for me to learn and I am just so frustrated.  MT has turned into a computerized nightmare for me and I'm sure a lot of other old MTs as well.  My transcription QA has been 100% so there is definitely no problem with knowing how to do transcription ...

In Tears
Feb 27, 2014

Tired of bouncing around. Been an MT for 30 years, 58 years old, last company I was with thought I would be there for at least until I retired, but kept running out of work, and there was a lot of mandatory overtime when the work did build up, and there was no flexibility when it came to vacations and off days. I started with a company and this is my last week of paid training 12 DPH. The pay is good, but they do not pay me for spaces (I knew this when I hired on) but thought I would give it a ...

I Am Just About On The Verge Of Tears
Dec 17, 2009

Several weeks ago, received an e-mail from my CCM, stating that all reports that had gone through the offshore MTs on a particular account had to be 100% QA'd voice to text.  First off, this report had gone through an offshore MT and not one but TWO offshore QA and now has to be 100% QA'd by a US MME on top of it and all changes have to be documented for an audit.  This has been going on for several weeks due to complaints from the hospital on the quality ...

Your Job Really Should Not Reduce You To Tears
Jan 25, 2011

I am level 3.  I have been typing report after report for the worst doctor on the planet (not English of course).  I have lashed out at my daughter, sent her a text to school apologizing, and now am in tears.  I only want to work and make a decent wage.  This has become so stressful and impossible I am just sitting here crying.  Please no flaming today -- I look all the time for something else, have applied, interviewed, etc.  When you have done this ...

Escription Has Me In Tears And Questions
Nov 04, 2009

After using ExText speech for a couple years, I'm now having to learn Escription. Either I haven't had the right training or I just can't get with it. It doesn't help almost all the work is regular transcribing either, then a speech document, then back to regular transcribing. I so looked forward to Escription but the keys used are quite different from ExSpeech, and so far it's been a disaster. The red cursor box: How do you make changes to a word that's wron ...

Not On The Verge Of Crying, Tears Are Pouring
Aug 06, 2012

I have NEVER cried with a job before. Over 20 years in this world and it has finally brought me to this. A new QA/Team lead has now informed me that the specs are wrong and to do it like she says. Next problem, report had that a patient had her bags stolen from an airline. She had her "big bottle of narcotic pain medicine" in those bags. She called her pain management doctor as soon as she landed. He told her to go to the nearest ER. I could not make out the drug with 100% certainty, so I ...

Another Day Starting In Tears Because Of Crappy Dictators And
Feb 19, 2014

the stress of having to work under these conditions for pretty much peanuts. I don't know how much more I can take. ...

Patient's Report Moved Me To Tears
Apr 14, 2015

Have you ever had a patient's report bring you to absolute tears?  I've been doing this for nearly 9 years and this if the first time this has happended...wondering if this job is really starting to get the best of me?  ...

Can You Bring And Use Your Own Keyboard For CMT Test?
Apr 04, 2011

I have been typing on a kinesis freestyle keyboard for so long that I can't even type on a regular straight keyboard AT ALL.  Does anyone who has taken this test know if you are allowed to use your own keyboard during the test?  Thanks in Advance! ...

Think They'll Ever Bring Back The Fuzzy
Jun 04, 2013

I really liked it. ...

Bring Back The Money
Oct 05, 2013

Link to an article about companies stashing money overseas, like my job. ...

Question Before I Bring This To TSM Attention
Jan 08, 2014

This is my first time posting, but I hope you can be of help. Is the glucose in the CMP ever expressed as a decimal?  I have always thought it a whole number.  I left a blank after the glucose value where there  was a definite audio blip ending in "point 1."   I assumed this was the calcium value and doc cut the beginning off.  The account auto sends all blanks regardless of reason to QA.  ...

Bring It Back Up= Conflict Of Interest
Aug 29, 2010

Why not just read your contract and find out for yourself instead of relying on the opinions of other people? In the end, neither company will care what someone told you; they will only care about a contract YOU  signed. The company I worked for had specifically stated in their contract that we could not work for any company that is in competition with them (any other MTSO) so in this case I would be in violation of that contract. We could work for a hospital, a clinic, a physician, etc, di ...

F5 Not Working. Will Not Bring Up Client Profile..
Oct 31, 2010

Anyone else having this problem? ...

Would Anyone Mind Sharing How Much They Bring Home Weekly?
Mar 25, 2010

Not trying to be nosey, just curious. ...

Everytime I Bring Consistent ASR Errors To The Attention Of Those Who
Nov 22, 2012

they blame it on the transcriptionists. I get told that this must be the way the transcriptions are editing the output. Are there really that may bad/horrible transcriptionists in the company??? I don't believe there are that many poor transcriptions..... unless they are using ILP's to train the ASR. Maybe that is the question I should be asking: Is the output so poor because you (the software techs) including ILP editing?? ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

Internet News Of Bring Back Made In America
May 14, 2011

We are all now looking for products to promote USA jobs as we are all suffering greatly, and especially in this job and with the services.  Maybe those who claim they do not Offshore should have a line that says TIA--Typed In America.    ...

Payday At
Mar 21, 2011

Any softscript, oh anyone at softscript, pay posted the 15th ROFLOL, 4 business days after the 15th, or 5 business days after the 15th at Softscript this pay period.  Anyone know when pay was posted...  ...

Payday----NOT!!
Nov 16, 2012

I had to change my direct deposit info due to opening a new account at another bank.  Although I've been getting direct deposits all along, because this is a new account, my first check for this account has to be a paper check.  Today is payday.  My mail was just delivered.  I have no paycheck.  I am truly pissed off. ...

PAYDAY/XANAX DAY
Jun 11, 2010

Well, another day fighting back tears.  Thought this paycheck would be a little better.  WRONG.  I have tried to be less anal about my reports, then I see all the posts about bad audits and get paranoid and go back to being anal.  That used to be a good thing in this profession.  Now I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. If I take enough time to correct everything ASR screws up, my pay falls.  If I let the noncritical things go, have to worry about aud ...

PAYDAY...HOORAY...
Jul 15, 2010

or not. soon I will be paying them to work. another paycheck less than the last ...

Payday Is Now Every Other Friday
Nov 23, 2010

x ...

What Day Is Our 1st Payday? Not Listed In
Jan 10, 2011

. ...

Payday Cryday
Apr 22, 2011

Think MQ should offer fully paid mental health benefits, with what our job has come to.  Just got a raise.  Woohoo!  Not enough to by an extra can of beans.  Good luck to all the people answering adds to Become A Medical Transcritionist, make up to $40K!!  Feel bad for them.  ...

Isn't This Payday For Proscript?
Oct 11, 2011

I just started, but the date I got was today for payday, yet it is not in my bank.  They told me I do not have to wait for direct deposit, that it is right off the bat (rather than waiting the usual two checks or so with any other place).  Just wondering if I should make a stink if it really is payday since nothing was deposited.  I wonder if it is because yesterday was a holiday. ...

Transcend Payday
Dec 07, 2011

I just noticed that we get paid on 12/24/11 which is a Saturday.  I'm new with Transcend, so does mean I have to wait until the Monday after Christmas before for it to be direct deposited or will they actually send it through on the Friday before?  ...

Is Today Payday?
Apr 06, 2012

no deposit got last check late,,,not even sure if it is payday at this point... ...

Is Today Payday
Apr 21, 2012

no check in the mail either,,,usually they are pretty good about getting them here on time. ...