A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What percentage of Proscript is VR? - sm

Posted: Sep 14, 2013

AND, are you able to make money?  How expensive is the insurance and how are the supervisors?  Thank you.

Proscript - EXps

[ In Reply To ..]
Proscript is probably 99.9% VR, rarely ever a typed report. I would love to know the answer to is it "possible" to make money there, because I just couldn't at all. They check your work EVERY SINGLE DAY, not quarterly QA audits and they mark you for punctuation, insignificant words, etc. Some of the things that they will count off for are little words that don't change the meaning and it is really debatable if those words were actually said, or if the dictator grunted. When I finally got up around $9-10 bucks an hour, I got an email, complaining about commas, insignificant words, etc., and told to slow down. I slowed down, was knocked down to $5 bucks an or AND LESS, and received an email on what a great job I was now doing. When I tried to someone speed up again, this time only averaging around $8 bucks per hour, AGAIN, the email telling me to slow down or I could no longer be a member of their team. So, basically, it seemed to me that they were just fine with me making less than minimum wage and that is where they expected me to stay. They wanted me to produce 100% perfect reports, which I did, all for less than minimum wage.

They don't have insurance, you are a statutory employee. Supervisors never really contact you unless it has to do with telling you to slow down. They do send out 2-hour updates around the clock, telling you how much work is there and such, but that didn't really bother me, I just ignored them on my off time.

I worked there 8 months before I gave up and in those 8 months I made $400 ONE TIME for a 2-week check and the rest of the time it was usually $150 to $200 for 2 weeks of work.

EXps - Me too!

[ In Reply To ..]
At least you got to quit. When I started out, it was perfect; they even let me do some QA and then wham, it changed and after two more months of misery,I was just locked out of the system and got a canned e-mail, stating I didn't meet their requirements any longer. This company does overflow and if you go into the archives, you will not read anything positive about them.

I didn't do overflow - Also ExPRO

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a very busy account, but I couldn't make money either. Like said, they are very, very picky on punctuation and there VR is horrible with punctuation. It places punctuation everywhere that it doesn't belong, yet never puts punctuation in the correct place. Also, you don't get paid for headers either and those things are a pain in the behind on there. Also, if the dictator says a "key word" it just automatically makes a header and those can be a pain to take off, it ends up making your text a header and you spend time backspacing and trying to correct that.

I made far below minimum wage as well and finally just stopped working for them. They never asked where I went and I never explained. I marked all of their staff as spam in my email, so I no longer got the every 2-hour emails and to my knowledge I still receive their mail into my spam folder.

Proscript - Mee3

[ In Reply To ..]
OMG! Thanks soo much for this post.. I had this same exact experience with Proscript. This post sounds like I wrote it. Makes me feel much better knowing I am not the only one who was treated this way..:)

Similar Messages:

Percentage Sent To QA
Jun 27, 2012

I sent in 10% to QA last month due to difficult dictators.  There were a couple of days where I had some really bad dictations and maybe sent in 4 reports on that day.  Other days I didn't send any reports to QA.  The company has always told us if we are not 100% sure of the word to leave it blank.  Now I am being penalized for taking this advice.  I have been put on notice that they will let me go if I continue to go over 8%.  Does this seem unreasonable? &nbs ...

QC Percentage
Feb 27, 2013

Can anyone tell me what QC percentage means on our time card and what it has to be in order to get our weekly bonus?  Thank you! ...

Percentage Question
Feb 18, 2011

dictated one-tenth percent - would you type .1%?  This seems odd to me.   TIA.  ...

Now Besides Just Getting Our QA Percentage Marked Off,
Nov 30, 2014

our pay will be docked because we may leave out "a" or something along that line or not place a comma where they believe it should be.  Before it just affected our bonuses but not our actual pay that we get.  Now our pay will be deducted for every error that they deem that we make!!!  That doesn't even seem legal.  Even if you work at McDonalds and make a mistake they don't cut your pay and don't give me the crap about affecting patient safety.  Bull crap! ...

Percentage Of Lines To QA?
Jan 21, 2015

When we first started this new compensation plan, I remember the magic line percentage for QA was 2%... but was that NO MORE than 2% gets post-audited, or AT LEAST 2% gets post-audited?   Just realized I have over 200 lines already post-audited for the week, but I have only transcribed 6500 lines so far, and 2% of that would be 130.   ...

Is There A Way To Keep Track Of Percentage Being Sent To QC?
Mar 06, 2015

I never know where I stand until after the fact. Do any of you know how to keep track of this? The nonsense just keeps increasing and increasing. ...

Why Are We Being Penalized For QC Percentage Over 10%?!
Apr 27, 2015

This past pay period because my QC percentage was over 10% both weeks I calculated lost wages of almost $400.  The first week my quality was 100%, the second 99.7%.  The second week my QC percent was just a hair over 10%, but I of course ended up on the bottom of the pay grid, a difference of $150 for the week.  I don't send reports to QC because I'm lazy.  Why should we continue to get penalized for bad dictators, unknown names/business entities on new accounts, et ...

Audit Percentage.
Jun 03, 2015

Does anyone remember what they had said the percentage of audit should be each week? I know I have only had 1 job audited each week for the past 3 weeks. Which of course means 1 mistake and I'm under 99%. Anyone? Thanks. ...

What Is The Percentage Of A Passing Audit? Is It 96 Or 98? NM
Nov 24, 2010

NM ...

Quick Poll - QA Percentage Requirements
Jan 23, 2012

Is industry standard now a requirement of 99% accuracy for the usual employee review to maintain employment or (heaven forbid) achieve a bonus? 97%, 98%, or 99%.  Just curious. ...

Editors: What Percentage Of Your Time Is Not Compensated?
Apr 29, 2013

Trying to determine the norm for providing free work. I spend more time fixing dictator's demographic errors demographic errors and searching for data that should have been dictated than I do editing. I'm just wondering if other editors just note these problems for QA to deal with or are you also working pretty much for free? Anyone been fired for refusing to work for free? ...

What Percentage Of Dictators Can Achieve 99% Accuracy Using VR?
Nov 24, 2013

On the account I work I'd say only about one dictator in 20 can achieve 99% accuracy with VR without editing.   This doesn't surprise me in the least. We could have told the developers this 20 years ago, but money talks.  For the doctors forced to use VR, will the errors be acceptable to them?  To the big wigs at the hospitals?   ...

Question About QA Percentage And Line Rate
Aug 08, 2014

actually make sense or work. If you do lose the 0.03 cpl, don't they have to make sure you are paid min wage per hour. Wouldn't they then have to supplement you? What sense does this policy make then? ...

Trending And Correction Report Percentage
Oct 26, 2014

Has anyone figured out how the h____ this new trending and correction report percentage is working on Fiesa. Are they cherry picking the most difficult doctors to audit and skipping over the physicians that would balance the percentage score. That thing is so skewed, I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is suppose to reveal. It is totally biased against the MLS from what I can understand. ...

What Percentage Of Your MQ Work Is ASR And Would You Be Making More If You Straight Typed It?
Oct 19, 2009

x ...

Blood Alcohol Was 0.403 Which Is 3 100ths (3 Hundreths) Of A Percentage
Jul 03, 2010

blood alcohol was 0.403 which is 3 100ths (3 hundreths) of a percentage over what they will take.  Help! I am stumped! ...

If An Audit Slams You For An Error Counted As 0.25, How Is The Percentage 97.88%?
Mar 18, 2010

I am confused.  ...

Beginning April 1 The Percentage Score Goes From 99.6 To 99.7, Just Got The Email. NM
Mar 20, 2014

NM ...

What Percentage Of Your Dictators Enter All Demographics Needed?
May 18, 2014

. ...

Proscript Anyone??
Mar 01, 2012

Does anyone have any current information and/or experience with this company? Good, bad, ugly, IC/employee, line rate, environment, etc. Thanks!! ...

Go To ProScript?
Jan 27, 2013

I'm thinking of leaving a company for ProScript....any thoughts? ...

Proscript Anyone?
Jul 18, 2013

Thinking of applying at Proscript.  Can anyone tell me the pay, benefits, QA, etc?  Also, I am planning on working night shift, so do they run out of work often at night or is the work plentiful and is there a night shift diff?  TIA. ...

Old W2 From PROSCRIPT?
Apr 07, 2014

Does anyone have an old W2 from PROSCRIPT? Trying to locate their employer ID number for old taxes. ...

Proscript Pay
Aug 30, 2014

Does anyone know the current rate of pay for Proscript?  Thanks in advance. ...

Proscript Any Info?
Jan 04, 2010

Anyone know anything about Proscript?  Was this once a company called Interpro?  Need info as soon as you can and thanks!!!  ...

Still Happy At ProScript?
Feb 12, 2010

Is there anybody that is still happy at ProScript? ...

Proscript - Any Of You Out There That Work For PS?
Mar 11, 2010

I recently went to work with Proscript after 9 years of hell at Spheris and 1 year of the same thing with Medquist and I love it.  I have a great hospital, great supervisor and flexilbility.  I do work evenings though and that is my choice.  The system is pretty decent.  I can see a few things I would like to change, but for the most part, it's not bad.  Money, (are we getting paid for this?), seems about the same, but I am still learning the account, so I don't feel I am up to sp ...

Information About ProScript?
May 09, 2010

Anyone have any information about ProScript? ...

Anyone Work For Proscript And Do You Have A Second Job SM
May 14, 2010

If so, where, I run out of work continuously. I'm not bashing anyone, just dont think I should keep all my eggs in one basket and would like to see what others have done. Thanks. ...

Proscript - Warning!
Jul 13, 2010

This is for anyone thinking of going to work for Proscript (I understand that they are advertising):   This is NOT the Proscript that was a great, great company to work for some years ago.  That crew was the old ddi crew and they brought the ddi corporate culture with them:  Fair to clients, fair to employees, and they valued their employees equally with their clients.  They would attempt to work with an MT to see how to get any problems resolved.  &n ...