A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If an audit slams you for an error counted as 0.25, how is the percentage 97.88%? - anon

Posted: Mar 18, 2010

I am confused. 

Voodoo MQ math. They do it - their way. (no message).

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

audit - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
ask your QC. On my last audit I got 0.25 wrong, and my percentage was 98.48%

They probably used a very short report - Does not seem fair

[ In Reply To ..]

Unfortunately, you made the error on a VERY short report.  The percentage changes drastically, depending on how many lines they count.

From MQ Quality Program Manual:    

“Percentage is calculated by subtracting the total point value from the total number of ASCII billing lines, then dividing that number by the total number of ASCII billing lines.

Example: If the report is 150 lines and the total value of errors is 2 points, 150 lines – 2 errors = 148 divided by 150 lines = 98.7  percent.” 

Examples:

Total Lines

Total Errors

Subtotal

Percentage

10.75 divided by 11

15.75 divided by 16

49.75 divided by 50

76.75 divided by 77

88.75 divided  by 89

112.75 divided by 113

137.75 divided  by 138

201.75 divided by 202

In case you are interested, here is how MQ does their QA scoring: 

http://www.medquist.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=7JGzZwAxDn8%3D&tabid=432

Confused - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I am confused (happens a lot). Don't you get an audit report that shows the jobs that they audited and all of the deductions on each one? They audited ONE report and gave you this result?

Audit - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I never get any feedback on audits. I just saw the 0.25 error on a QA feedback and a 97.88%.

Audit/QA mistake - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
When you are being audited, 4 or 5 reports will be scored and they are usually pulled in a group from the same day. So if you see one report all by itself it means that QA hit the wrong button and ran a score by accident and it is meaningless.

the % is figured out according to total lines edited - shorter reports take the biggest hit

[ In Reply To ..]
:( sorry

Similar Messages:

Audit Percentage.
Jun 03, 2015

Does anyone remember what they had said the percentage of audit should be each week? I know I have only had 1 job audited each week for the past 3 weeks. Which of course means 1 mistake and I'm under 99%. Anyone? Thanks. ...

What Is The Percentage Of A Passing Audit? Is It 96 Or 98? NM
Nov 24, 2010

NM ...

Hahaha I Get An Audit Error For
Jun 02, 2015

Something like 90% of the dictations I get are incoherent.  Why should I be punished for incoherent dictators? ...

Style Question - Audit Error
Dec 21, 2012

I have been doing a lot of PT lately, and they always use the VAS pain scale, 0-10.  When the patient rates their pain, I have always typed it, for example, 5/10 or 5-6/10.  I recently got an error for typing it that way, saying it should be 5 out of 10, or 5 to 6 out of 10.  I really need some feedback on this as I think that is totally wrong.  If I am incorrect, can someone tell me where it says to do it that way?? I'm really at a loss here. ...

Audits - How Can You Get A "critical" Error And Still Get 99.3% On An Audit, Thereby
Sep 11, 2011

barely scraping by and passing according to MQ?  I just received an audit that had a score of 99.3%.   I'm told I passed the audit but got a critical error (left out a word) so she will need to do another audit next week.  Fine. But how can I get a critical error (in their eyes anyway) and still "pass" the audit?  More importantly, does anyone know if my pay is going to be docked because of this critical error, or do you just have to get 99% period.   TIA ...

Should We Be Counted Off For Blanks.
Jun 07, 2013

I have been taught better safe than sorry and I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years.  I am docked .05 for each blank, but the standard 3.0 (CPSE) if I got it wrong it happens to be pullled for QA.  I know this is a rhetorical question as we are all professionals, but would you leave a blank and take the 0.5 right off the bat or risk the patient on a lab value, drug name, dosage or diagnosis and take the 3.0 IF that report was pulled for QA? ...

Counted The Ones Who Passed
Feb 11, 2015

in my pod from the list they sent out.  Two-thirds passed, one-third failed.  (I was in the fail group).  Let the Indians do it and see how they score.  I hate this BS ...

HOW ARE OUR LINES COUNTED
Apr 21, 2015

With the new pay plan, I know we take our lines for edit work and cut them in half.    my question, are my transcribed lines also cut in half?????  god I hope not ...

Yep, Counted Them. Typed For 9 Different Facilities.
Jun 28, 2010

They are all my "regulars."  Nothing new.  I don't even think I have a primary account any more; seems to be just first in-first out or something.    ...

Letterhead Using Text Box Counted?
Dec 20, 2010

As far as I have researched, text boxes cannot be counted in a document unless checked off in the line counting software, even in MS Word's Wounsel/Line Count.  It ony counts 1 line if Ihighlight the text box.  The text box is setup to show in the background, although the header is showing in front of it.  It is about 2 inches in height.  If I delete the text box, the header is still there.  Please advise if you have any experience with this.  Thanks! ...

Straight Transcription Counted As ASR
Nov 25, 2013

Noticed today that my one and only transcription report, was counted as an ASR job. What? I debated what to do, because it was a short dictation, after all. But, no I can't allow that. I have to count every penny. So watch those kinds of things, too. Check your stats, make some type of notation. Shouldn't let this type of thing go... ...

Most Transcriptionist Are IC And Don't Get Unemployment Or Counted In Any Employment Rolls.
Jan 07, 2012

There may be new healthcare jobs but let's face it they aren't for us kids!  Most of us who are running out of work or making less or just plain losing our jobs don't file for unemployment because we are SE from a company out of station that doesn't pay our unemployment or we are IC in the same situation.  How many of those healthcare jobs are for IT to set up the systems replacing us!  ...

Question About 7 Cents A Line With Spaces Counted
May 10, 2012

I have a question:  I currently make 8 cents a line, but it is VBC.  If I had a job that paid 7 cents normally, but paid for spaces and other things in the report would one be coming out ahead making at least 8 cents a line or may be even more when it is all figured out?  Has anyone ever done this and actually making more $$$ by making the 7 cents a line instead of 8 cents?   I used to have a job that paid 10 to 10.5 cents a line, but they sold out. I was just ...

Percentage Sent To QA
Jun 27, 2012

I sent in 10% to QA last month due to difficult dictators.  There were a couple of days where I had some really bad dictations and maybe sent in 4 reports on that day.  Other days I didn't send any reports to QA.  The company has always told us if we are not 100% sure of the word to leave it blank.  Now I am being penalized for taking this advice.  I have been put on notice that they will let me go if I continue to go over 8%.  Does this seem unreasonable? &nbs ...

QC Percentage
Feb 27, 2013

Can anyone tell me what QC percentage means on our time card and what it has to be in order to get our weekly bonus?  Thank you! ...

Percentage Question
Feb 18, 2011

dictated one-tenth percent - would you type .1%?  This seems odd to me.   TIA.  ...

What Percentage Of Proscript Is VR?
Sep 14, 2013

AND, are you able to make money?  How expensive is the insurance and how are the supervisors?  Thank you. ...

Now Besides Just Getting Our QA Percentage Marked Off,
Nov 30, 2014

our pay will be docked because we may leave out "a" or something along that line or not place a comma where they believe it should be.  Before it just affected our bonuses but not our actual pay that we get.  Now our pay will be deducted for every error that they deem that we make!!!  That doesn't even seem legal.  Even if you work at McDonalds and make a mistake they don't cut your pay and don't give me the crap about affecting patient safety.  Bull crap! ...

Percentage Of Lines To QA?
Jan 21, 2015

When we first started this new compensation plan, I remember the magic line percentage for QA was 2%... but was that NO MORE than 2% gets post-audited, or AT LEAST 2% gets post-audited?   Just realized I have over 200 lines already post-audited for the week, but I have only transcribed 6500 lines so far, and 2% of that would be 130.   ...

Is There A Way To Keep Track Of Percentage Being Sent To QC?
Mar 06, 2015

I never know where I stand until after the fact. Do any of you know how to keep track of this? The nonsense just keeps increasing and increasing. ...

Why Are We Being Penalized For QC Percentage Over 10%?!
Apr 27, 2015

This past pay period because my QC percentage was over 10% both weeks I calculated lost wages of almost $400.  The first week my quality was 100%, the second 99.7%.  The second week my QC percent was just a hair over 10%, but I of course ended up on the bottom of the pay grid, a difference of $150 for the week.  I don't send reports to QC because I'm lazy.  Why should we continue to get penalized for bad dictators, unknown names/business entities on new accounts, et ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Quick Poll - QA Percentage Requirements
Jan 23, 2012

Is industry standard now a requirement of 99% accuracy for the usual employee review to maintain employment or (heaven forbid) achieve a bonus? 97%, 98%, or 99%.  Just curious. ...

Editors: What Percentage Of Your Time Is Not Compensated?
Apr 29, 2013

Trying to determine the norm for providing free work. I spend more time fixing dictator's demographic errors demographic errors and searching for data that should have been dictated than I do editing. I'm just wondering if other editors just note these problems for QA to deal with or are you also working pretty much for free? Anyone been fired for refusing to work for free? ...

What Percentage Of Dictators Can Achieve 99% Accuracy Using VR?
Nov 24, 2013

On the account I work I'd say only about one dictator in 20 can achieve 99% accuracy with VR without editing.   This doesn't surprise me in the least. We could have told the developers this 20 years ago, but money talks.  For the doctors forced to use VR, will the errors be acceptable to them?  To the big wigs at the hospitals?   ...

Question About QA Percentage And Line Rate
Aug 08, 2014

actually make sense or work. If you do lose the 0.03 cpl, don't they have to make sure you are paid min wage per hour. Wouldn't they then have to supplement you? What sense does this policy make then? ...

Trending And Correction Report Percentage
Oct 26, 2014

Has anyone figured out how the h____ this new trending and correction report percentage is working on Fiesa. Are they cherry picking the most difficult doctors to audit and skipping over the physicians that would balance the percentage score. That thing is so skewed, I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is suppose to reveal. It is totally biased against the MLS from what I can understand. ...

What Percentage Of Your MQ Work Is ASR And Would You Be Making More If You Straight Typed It?
Oct 19, 2009

x ...

Blood Alcohol Was 0.403 Which Is 3 100ths (3 Hundreths) Of A Percentage
Jul 03, 2010

blood alcohol was 0.403 which is 3 100ths (3 hundreths) of a percentage over what they will take.  Help! I am stumped! ...

Beginning April 1 The Percentage Score Goes From 99.6 To 99.7, Just Got The Email. NM
Mar 20, 2014

NM ...