A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

lots of time spent on ADT - ea

Posted: Apr 29, 2014

I spend enormous amounts of time doing clervical work for free at the beginning of a report..looking up doctor names that are not on the lists we have been given, figuring out which is the date of admit, consult, etc.  If everything was programmed in and we just had to download a report and transcribe, we would be making a lot more and if the speech recognition would stop putting words down that the doctors are not saying so that we do not have to clean it all up we would have more time to transcribe.

Most of my accounts dont have an ADT feed - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet the company charges them more for the extra work, I sured don't see it..It has dropped my line counts dramatically

Similar Messages:

Why Are We Not Paid For Time Spent Waiting For A Job?
Mar 29, 2013

I saw this on the Nuance board. What am I missing here? It really looks like, according to the Dept of Labor, that we should be paid at least minimum wage for our time waiting for a job to pop up, and not just a lousy 15 mins per day. See the section under "waiting time." http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.htm ...

Spent More Time Manually Entering CCs
Jan 30, 2015

How is that even remotey fair? ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

Spent Half The Morning
Jul 23, 2014

explaining why I billed what I did on an invoice.  This MD pays by the hour.  He set the hourly wage and now I have to justify why it took as long as it did.  This is a new physican whom I have worked for for only 2-3 weeks in a specialty that is new to me in a state I don't live in. Anyone else ever have to do this? ...

Another Saturday Spent Working
Feb 21, 2015

x ...

I Just Spent 15 Minutes For FREE....
May 14, 2015

typing 8 referring physicians and full addresses in cc because NONE of them were listed in their directory.  FREE!  You are welcome MModal! Last week, I had typed 1100 seconds before the doctor said, "delete all that!"  FREE!  Again, you are welcome MModal! When will they be done lying to get "new blood" so I can get fired already? ...

Just Spent An Hour Looking At Local Classified Ads.
Jul 31, 2010

I am such a good transcriptionist, but so very unqualified for anything else.  Even cashiers need "previous experience."  There was a housekeeping job at a local hospital and a "valet parking attendant."  Surely I can clean and park? ...

Out Of Curiosity, Just Spent The Last 45 Min Listening To The DocQ 7 Tutes....sm
Dec 14, 2011

Holy Crow....I knew there were changes made, but didn't think that everything changed.  Nothing on the screen looks the same, starting with the log-in screen which is the only thing that looks simple to use.  There are stupid panels everywhere, top, bottom, left side, right side, and the poor text screen is kinda squished in the middle.  It looks waaaay more complicated than how it is now.  I just want to cry.  I really had no idea that it is basically going to invo ...

I Have Spent The Entire Night Formatting Documents.
Apr 26, 2013

It really hurts the line count bad. So far, I have had a lot of documents that require quite a bit of formatting - H&Ps, consults and ER reports from several facilities with each having different requirements and everyone wanting the ROS and PE different. Also, lack of punctation is hurting a lot too. I can't wait until I get out of here. Just 8 more months and counting! ...

Job That Took An Hour To Correct Will Not Load. Now I Have Spent At Least 10 Min Trying To Loaf It.
Jun 18, 2015

Nm ...

Lots Of Questions Please TIA (sm)
Oct 09, 2010

OK - I'm a straight typing transcriptionist who wants to explore VR - seems most people hate it - I'd like to try it and see.  My company doesn't offer it. Are there any companies what have editing on Bayscribe currently? What is the best VR platform to work on and which is the worst?  (Don't know the difference in any of them) Have heard of Speechmagic for Bayscribe (but who has it?) eScription and Exeditor at Transtech (? where else) and how's that? and ...

Lots Of Questions
Jan 03, 2011

O.K. I have checked out the 3 schools that were recommended. Two of them require 45 wpm I am not that fast yet. How important is this? Approximately how much money can you earn in an 8 hr day doing office notes? When a company test you are they looking for a 45 wpm or better to hire you? Thank you grannieof1 ...

Anyone Else At Acusis Got Lots Of NJA This Week?
Jun 29, 2010

A job dribbles in here,  a couple hours later a job dribbles in there.  [Sigh!]   A person can only file their nails for just so long ------ !! ...

Accentus US Doing Lots Of Hiring?
Mar 06, 2012

I have noticed Accentus has been hiring pretty consistently, it seems, since maybe November.  Anyone know what's up?  MTs jumping ship or new accounts on the way?  Just wondering, since they were bought out a year or so ago.  I have been thinking of applying with them for a while but don't want to walk into the middle of a messy transition. Thanks in advance! ...

What Companies Have Lots Of Op Notes? Sm
Sep 08, 2012

Really enjoy transcribing Ops, but Ops have dribbled to few and far between and mostly brief reports on my accounts.  Whatever happened to all the detailed op notes I used to get.  Bored to tears with H&P, DS, and consults. TIA. ...

Wow, What Happened? Lots Of Work
Mar 17, 2013

All of sudden there's lots of work.  Seems to be no end to it.  It just keeps flowing and flowing.  I hope it stays this way.  I wonder what happened. ...

H&P Neurology Report, Lots Of Help Needed
Aug 06, 2010

I have been on this report for 2 days now. I have managed to figure most of it out but I am really lost on one paragraph. After she dictates all the information under Physical Examination she goes into another paragraph describing more of the patient's symptoms. Is there supposed to be heading before that paragraph? Also, below is a few sentences from that paragraph that I just cant make out. Any help would be great. Thanks again. Tone is normal no clog whealing. Degenerative reflexes ar ...

Laminotomy Op Report - Lots Of Questions
Dec 13, 2010

1. Under procedure, doctor dictates BMP collagen was used.  It is ok to abbreviate BMP or does it need to be expanded? 2. She was transferred to the prone position ______ (s/l an aquired) frame? 3. We carefully exposed the subcutaneous tissue and we _______ (s/l sub crossed) the dissection off the level _______ (s/l synchreala) and the transfer processes of the L5, we exposed the spine. I know this is probably a mess. =(  I am new at transcribing and really new at Op reports.&n ...

Question For Transcenders: Lots Of Work?
Oct 22, 2011

I have an interview with Transcend on Monday and have read conflicting stories on this board about whether or not Transcend MTs run out of work.  Some you are saying you never run out; some say they hardly ever run out, and some say running out of work is a problem for them.  What's the story on this?  Also, how is the health insurance?  Thanks for any info you have!  ...

Lots Of Straight Typing This Week
May 03, 2012

very rare that I get 100 straight typing lines a day, let alone 400 anybody else? ...

She Uses Lots Of Tampons - Claudiolise Issue?
Sep 26, 2012

She uses lots of tampons and this is definitely a "claudiolise ssue"  ?? ...

Wow, Lots Of Work 2 Weeks In A Row, Betcha
May 15, 2014

Mmodal is sorry they got rid of all those dreadfully horrible, worthless, and incompetent MTs who could not score 99.6% on an audit.  The 20 or so who could are undoubtedly overwhelmed.  Serves them right! ...

Get Ready For Lots More Stress Now At Synernet
Mar 19, 2015

as they ramp up for summer. Having people off means we have to work harder and more OT because we've just been having such an easy time of it. Warnings and threatenings. All they know. Turn around times not being met? It's because we're so lazy. Hiring all the time? Still not enough staff; never enough staff. Cheery picking; never addressed. Rotten VR; never addressed. Never knowing what work, which doctors, or work types your're going to be doing anymore; never addressed. Co ...

$15.00 An Hour....lots Of People Picketing....
Apr 15, 2015

I am glad to see that some kind of movement is finally happing regarding a decent minimum wage. But something else I'd like to say is that I read somewhere (not here, but on the Huffington Post or somewhere) that Chelsea Clinton said she "does not care about money." Then the article went on to say that she and her husband Mark just bought an apartment in New York City around Gramercy Park for 10.5 MILLION DOLLARS. Nice to not have to be able to care about money. We'd just l ...

Whats The Deal With Keystrokes Lately? Lots Of Ads Posted Like
Feb 08, 2013

Never use to see that many ads for them now they have one every single week. Are they that busy? Lots of new accounts or what? ...

On Job Searching, Seeing Lots Of Positions For MT/scribe, In House. Might Be Something
Apr 20, 2013

x ...

Lots Of Doctors Slurping On Christmas Candy
Dec 18, 2013

Have you noticed more doctors are chewing and slurping while dictating lately?  It just dawned on me today, probably some non-MT employees are treating the doctors to Christmas candy at their dictation stations.   I used to see that a lot when I worked in hospitals.  Ugh! ...

Transcend U Of Tx Dallas, Tough Account? Lots Of Work?
Dec 08, 2009

Don't want to bite off more than I can chew ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...