A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance managers and support team question - do they undergo QA?

Posted: May 29, 2014

A clusterf%!@* has been created by the management team.  Are they held responsible for MTs leaving the company or running out of work?  How about the rest of the management?  If team leaders can't answer questions, are they held accountable?  What about different dings from QA that conflict.

Are the MTs the only people at Nuance that undergo QA?

They obviously don't, because if they were, - the company wouldnt be so awful. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I wish the HR person from yesterday would respond to your post. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Good people are leaving in large numbers or are planning to leave and are in the process of changing jobs or changing careers. WE WANT ANSWERS NOW!!!

Everyone who transcribes/edits/audits goes through QA - former QA

[ In Reply To ..]
including management, QC and QA.

How exactly do they QA Nuance management? - What do they QA?

[ In Reply To ..]
Are emails and phone calls monitored? Do they realize certain managers drive more MTs away than others? When someone overstaffs an account and leave MTs scrambling for work are they held accountable?

As I stated in my previous reply... - former QA

[ In Reply To ..]
If they transcribe/edit/audit (which most of them do -- guess who audits those MLS on 100% QA before they are released?), they go through QA just like the MLS do. Anyone who touches a report....transcribes/edits/audits....is held accountable (TSMs/TLs/QC/QA/other management).
Also, if the MLS would make more complaints - former QA
[ In Reply To ..]
then I am sure they are reprimanded. I always spoke up, and yes any issues I had were ALWAYS addressed. I think the issue is that enough people are NOT speaking up to their manager's manager so that changes can be made. If that happened, especially for the TSMs that are not doing their jobs, I bet they would not still be there (they ruin it for the TSMs who are doing great things...I was lucky enough to have a few of these TSMs. I left the company for other reasons...to pursue my dream that I was blessed with the opportunity to fulfill...not related to any problems with the company, otherwise, I would still be there.
Do TSMs transcribe/edit/audit - for any reason?
[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like double dipping and could be troublesome for an MT who TSM may not like.
And why would they transcribe when there is - NO WORK?
[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the answers by the former QA, but I would really like answers from the person in HR who was on this board yesterday.
There are a LOT of accounts with too much work - former QA
[ In Reply To ..]
those are the accounts they would transcribe/edit on...not the accounts with no work. Have you tried getting another account, as there are quite a few who have too much work and are constantly asking for OT.
Former QA my behind! - Lilia
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not buying it. You spew the company line a little too smoothly for me to believe you are anything less than management.
I am not management... - former QA
[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I had made a management paycheck. Then maybe I would still be there. Someone asked a question I could actually answer, so I did. That is the problem with people like you. If you did not think that everyone was out to get you by being management when they answer a question, maybe you would gain some valuable info...GEESH!
TSMs transcribe and edit? - They can pick and choose too?
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you sure TSMs work on accounts as an MT? I mean if they take the easy work they force the hard dictators onto the MTs. Not fair at all. I hate companies who allow supervisors to double dip doing supervision and transcribing/editing.
You are wrong. As a QC I completed several reports - done by a TL that had several
[ In Reply To ..]
critical errors in it and was severely reprimanded by the COM. I didn't even realize it was a TL and thought I was doing my job. Apparently I was wrong as the COM told me TLs work was off limits for marking errors. How 'bout them apples?
May be off limits for QC, but not for QA... - former QA
[ In Reply To ..]
ANYONE who transcribes on an account is audited by QA. I had audited quite a few managers/supervisors and TLs and was NEVER told their work was off limits. I do agree that quite a few of their work left a lot to be desired to put it nicely...

As a QC I corrected work by a TL and - was harshly admonished by a COM and told

[ In Reply To ..]
not to do that again. Sadly, there are many TLs here who are just not qualified as transcriptionists, let alone having them in a position to guide their "team" of MLS. As QCs, we are audited by our global partners constantly. When I working here as MLS before QC, I would ask my TSM a question (very basic in my opinion) and she would have to get back to me after she asked someone else. Problem is, she would obviously forget and I would never get an answer. It is clear that TSMs and TLs are not in their positions based on skill or knowledge, which is just a waste of time if you ask me.

I find it absolutely disgusting that - they not be subjected

[ In Reply To ..]
To the garbage they are allowed to slap our hands over so constantly and unremittingly.

Again, maybe we would see some solidarity if QAs and TSMs had their hourly rate pared down to what most of ours are and then THEY had to jump through the hoops to get the "bonus" instead of them being able to sit in judgment of us.

Simply not fair, if they are doing our work, they should be subjected to FIESA torture too.

TLs - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Clearly, my TL is not a transcriptionist/editor/MLS. Some of them may be, but mine is a sad excuse for a TL. If I ask her a simple question, she has no answer.

I consider these people to be taking my money as well as the big N execs, because they are basically useless.

If Nuance would cut out some of these people and give us back our money instead of paying these little puppets to recite their garbage, I could make a living and they wouldn't be paying somebody to basically do nothing.

Similar Messages:

Any NEMT Support Team Out There?
Feb 13, 2015

your experience with NEMT is like as part of the support team. What is your average line count? What are the accounts like? Lots of ESL? Lots of speech? Lots of traditional transcription? Is the pay rate the same for both speech and transcription? Would love to hear some of your experience there. ...

TO NUANCE MANAGERS:
Feb 16, 2015

If any TSMs, Regional Managers or executives are reading posts on this site, I don't know how you sleep at night!  We, as MLS', know exactly what is going on, even though you think we are stupid.  The only reason you have implemented the "Patient Safety Compensation Plan" is to pay us less so Nuance can make more money, it has nothing to do with patient safety, it is corporate greed so STOP all the lies!!! Also, please save all the crap at the end of the "updates" ...

Nuance Only Pays Their Middle Managers Well
Jun 13, 2014

I personally know someone who works as a middle manager for Nuance, makes well over 50,000 and has had constant raises since being hired.  From what she tells me she is very effective, but even the other middle managers who are not at all effective with huge make up costs and teams who fail audits constantly do not get terminated.  Plus, they do not have to be MTs.  They just sit in their home office and write rah rah emails to their team to keep them going and make sure they cove ...

Team Leads At Nuance
Jul 12, 2012

Can someone tell me are the team leads still USA born or is that going to India also? Thank you. ...

Nuance Support
Jul 22, 2014

I sent them an inquiry about a problem I'm having and they sent me back ... get this ... instructions on how to send them an inquiry.  These people are less than useless.  Maybe they sent support to India along with our jobs.  ...

Are Nuance Team Leaders Called TSM?
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

Nuance Team Leads Leaving
Jun 04, 2013

Anybody heard this?  3 TLs left abruptly?  ...

Email/numbers For Nuance Support, Etc
Jan 07, 2013

I can't find important email addresses, for instance for support (for computer problems), payroll, HR, etc. I had a number to call for a "help desk", what is that used for. No help coming from manager. There must be a list somewhere if you need to contact someone. Thanks for your  help! ...

Tech Support From Nuance In The Last Couple Of Weeks?
May 31, 2014

Has anyone had computer problems after having tech support from Nuance in the last couple of weeks?  I am having MAJOR ISSUES. ...

Operations Managers
Jun 20, 2012

Have any of you ever had an issue with a current Operations Manager at MModal? ...

MTSO Managers
Jan 12, 2013

Does anyone have a decent one?  I'm looking around for a new job but don't know if they'd be any better anywhere else.  Just can't take these nasty people anymore..  Too old and sick to take it any more.  :p  You don't have to name your company, of course, just wondering if there are any good managers and places to work out there? Thanks. :) ...

Heard From Managers?
Mar 10, 2014

Just curious, with this bankruptcy issue going on, has anyone heard much from their "service managers" lately?  Mine has been much quieter lately compared to usual.   ...

To NUisANCE Managers
May 17, 2014

If you monitor this board, then you surely have a modicum of an idea of how unhappy we MTs are with your so-called management.  "Exciting News" doesn't cut it.  FIESA (a.k.a. FIASCO) is only something to demoralize and demean us.  The Link is a waste of time.  MT Week and its games, etc., is meaningless.  When are you going to do the right thing and take note of what we've been saying to you all along?  When people just don't care any more, when they ...

How Did They Decide Which Managers To Let Go?
Oct 25, 2014

Mine was let go.  She seemed very efficient and nice.  Do they decide by how many years you are employed by MM? ...

Managers In Meeting
Nov 18, 2014

Several of the managers I have on my IM have statuses saying they're in a meeting.  Not sure if this is just their regular monthly meetings with the COM or if this has something to do with the new compensation plan or whatever.  Anyone else have managers in meetings all morning?   ...

What Is The Point Of Having So Many Managers??
Jan 20, 2015

What happened to the 1 "manager" that you could call, email and ask a simple question and get a simple answer??? ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

SoftScript - How It Is To Work With Managers, Etc.
Jan 06, 2011

I was just offered a position at SS a couple days ago, but my experience with the recruiter was less than inviting.  She was rude and very impersonal.  If I were a company, I would want the first impression to be a great one.  I accepted the position, but I'm really not sure I want to work there, if this is how you're treated BEFORE you're an employee.  Anyone know how it is to work with managers, etc. or anything else about SS? ...

Do The Account Managers At WMX Still Report To
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

What Has Become Of All The DSG People And Account Managers
Sep 03, 2012

since buyout to MM.  Just wondering. ...

Let's Be Clear About Hands-on Managers
Oct 13, 2012

http://forum.mtstars.com/434118.html They are a significant part of the problem.  Along with upper levels they possess no ethics and apparently also lack cartilaginous tissue in the C-T-L spines to stand up and say they have ethics and will not go along with the unethical/illegal BS upper level suggests/dictates to them.  They have a choice and choose wrong.  They could stand together in numbers and say NO.  You think upper level is going to find enough people to replace ...

Question For MTSO Managers.....
Jul 13, 2014

How would you feel if your superior/boss/CEO emailed you and stated there is nothing for you to do this week, so you won't be getting paid; HOWEVER, you must be available in case there is work, so make sure you sit there by the phone so we can call you if we need you and you better be available IMMEDIATELY. We expect work to be available next week and you can just cram in 80 hrs to make up for the lost week of work. How does that sound? What the hell is wrong with these companies promisin ...

The Axe Is Falling On Middle Managers?
Jan 08, 2015

I just read a rather crypic e-mail which indicates this is the case, though no clear reason was given as to why.  It may be that at least some of the TSMs knew this was coming, which is why some of them have been so unpleasant lately.   ...

Incognito Managers/supers
Mar 24, 2015

Has anybody else noticed the managers or the "abbreviations of the day" are no longer readily available?  No matter how many times I email or call I NEVER get in touch with my AD (abbreviation of the day) lol.  No return email, no return phone call.  It's like they have fallen into an abyss never to be seen or heard from again.   ...

List Of Managers/supervisors In North
Feb 09, 2010

Where in MQ Central do I find the supervisors/managers in North region?  I can't find it --- guess I'm looking in the wrong place.  Anyone know?  TIA. ...

Whydo They Over-hire?? Any Managers Out There To Answer This?
Jan 20, 2011

I read about this a lot, and really wonder why does a company over-hire?  Why can't they start off with a few MTs so they can feel-out the account and number of jobs?  Then, if needed, they can hire what they REALLY need.  I was hired on for a new account and they obviously over-hired for it... we're really struggling with work, or lack thereof.  I've adjusted my schedule three times too.  Even with the addition of several other accounts, I'm sti ...

OK ... What? New Workflow Managers Will Be Overseeing Over *400* Employees
Nov 06, 2014

If we think things are bad NOW with NJA and work flow ... just wait.  Each Workflow Manager has only been given ONE "POD" so far but as of this week, they will each be given a SECOND POD to oversee, each POD having at least 200 employees.  The Workflow Manager that I've been assigned to told me on the phone this morning that her mind-bending work load is about to DOUBLE and that she will be overseeing 400 employees.  She said she hopes she didn't make a big mistake by ta ...

MTSOs - How You Deal With These Nasty, Witchy Managers?
Sep 13, 2012

Just wondering how you deal with these nasty, witchy managers?  Been doing this over 25 years now and am disgusted.  I'm guessing they must be really miserable people.  Just exhausted trying to do my best for so long, several surgeries for life-threatening tumors, and can't believe what I still have to go through with these people at my age.     ...

Imedx Email - New One - Chastising Managers For Replying To All.
Dec 04, 2014

I'm just a lowly MT ...

Scrotal Support S/l Support "T"
Feb 13, 2012

For surgical scrotal support, doctor says " a scrotal supportee was left in place."  I have googled this, looked in Stedmans GI/GU, surgical and equipment books.  Cannot find.    I would like to think scrotal supporting, but she definitely says "a".  Has anyone heard of this? Thanks.  ...