A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Supervisor Upset - TLMV

Posted: Jan 18, 2015

...because so many people are not making 99.5% accuracy in their audits.  Perhaps it is time to consider that whoever promised the client 99.5% accuracy has something quite strong in their medicine cabinet.  For years, the standard has been 98% and that is for a reason.  That number is possible with humans.  Machines sure can't deliver 99.5%; just ask anyone who has to correct the harebrained interpretations of SR, which never learns, by the way.  Do the doctors have to be 95.5% accurate?  Sorry, just thought I would inject a big fat truckload of humor into this post.

I wish mine had sent that e-mail - I would be delighted to

[ In Reply To ..]
explain it to her, in detail, and with appropriate language.

Got it also..and I don't care - fir me!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
Kick me in the butt and make me change my life. At this point, I have been beaten into feeling like a moron, so I stay where I am relatively comfortable. Best thing that could happen to me would be to force a change

They will. - Fired for 99.4

[ In Reply To ..]
Go figure. Too bad the supervisors aren't held to 99.5%. They couldn't even spell correctly in their own emails. Turnover would be unbelievable.

and perhaps we have too many accounts to contend with - didnt fail before pods

[ In Reply To ..]
My head is spinning so much, eyes doing jumping jacks... look here, go there, remember this, check for headings, check for standards, look at the old reports, back to report, back to ADT, add cc, back to report, back to CP, go find Style guide, shoot... which one do I use, call QA, no answer, guess, back to ADT, arrrrggghhhhh! This whole thing is beyond ridiculous!

Probably upset because too many to performance manage as a result. - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
Two minor "errors," and you flunk. We can't always agree where those pesky commas should be! LOL. Sure, some people (claim to) make a great line count with 100% accuracy 100% of the time, but the rest of us mortals don't meet unreasonable demands 100% of the time.

I just thought the same thing! The gall of being upset at 99.48% accuracy!! - sm This company is nuts

[ In Reply To ..]
When everywhere else industry-wide the going rate is 98%, and they actually have primary accounts on top of that!

Generic emails.. The worst management tool - ever..

[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing like bringing everyone into a pool of failure to motivate you to get out there and work. Deal with people individually so that everyone is not second guessing themselves. BTW, a reasonable accuracy rate would go a long way. 99.5% is a factory standard, not a human standard. Again, we are being treated like assembly line workers. I wonder how many of the suits actually look at the product ASR puts out and we are expected to fix for less money.

Similar Messages:

ARRGGGGGGHHH!! I Am So Upset! Sm
Apr 28, 2010

This new account we have been given (which I heard was sent back from bad ILP work) is absolutely impossible!  Yes I am in the south...   I will not say even the letter because already i had my posts deleted for putting it (even though others are putting it and not getting deleted).  Yes I feel I am being singled out for whupping.!!!   Now today I get reports back that have obviously been abandoned because no one else can possibly do this (among many hundreds same n ...

Management Upset
Mar 14, 2011

goodness gracious ...

So Upset Over FIESA
May 30, 2012

So over this report card.  I don't have to pend anything anymore unless of course it needs to be pended, but today due to low work got stuck on new acct which I had never typed and very first report could not understand what he said (only said 5 words); could not locate any prior reports to look at, went in to pend (totally different looking then what I was used to - tried to IM my QC person who didn't respond so sent email and eventually had to download and now I go in and they s ...

Customers Upset
Aug 07, 2013

Doncha love the frantic emails about how the customers are upset with all the out of TAT work?  Seriously what does this company expect when they push people out the door in droves due to the lousy pay, mistreatment, unethical way they run things.  Karma baby.  ...

Shouldn't I Be The One Upset?
Mar 19, 2015

When I send an email that states, "I am OOW on the following accounts: Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah.  I will check back later." Why do I get an email back saying, "Did you check Blah account?" Ummmmm, it is in the list I sent you...  TSMs are sending out their famous backlogs....THEY should know I am OOW, but I feel almost guilty telling them I am OOW.  I have had TSMs tell me that no one else was OOW on such and such a date. Ummmmm, it is likely they are on different accounts. ...

Failed Test And Very Upset
Nov 02, 2010

I am very upset, I took the radiology test and they say that I failed it and I don't see how. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 20 years. There were only two questions on the multiple choice questions that I was uncertain of and the typing was easy. Has anybody else encountered this? ...

Kinda Upset, Would Like Input
Mar 25, 2012

I've been working in an office for only about 3 months now after about 12 years in-home transcription.  It's a busy office for a doctor who is kind of a "superstar" in his field and I love it.  Here's the thing...  it's a new practice, the entire staff has been here for less than a year and we don't all have hardly any PTO saved up (less than a year and all...) and the doc is going to be closing up the office for 2 weeks to go on vacation.  Several of ...

No Longer Surprised But Always Still Upset--sm
Nov 06, 2014

Yes, I have seen this enough times that it no longer surprises me.  There were 18 reports on my primary.  I have an hour left of my shift.  When I anticipated downloading the next one, all 18 were gone, gone, gone.  It is upsetting.  I would try adjusting my schedule but it would do no good, there normally is too little work during that time as it is.  I already will be taking about 3 hours of PTO for being OOW on Sunday.  It would be 4 but I have made up some ...

Why So Upset About Med Records Going OS? Your Financial Info,
Dec 22, 2010

someone know I had a runny nose than know what my financial status is. ...

BayScribe Status Quo Today Despite Upset MTs
Dec 17, 2014

I see that there' no feedback on World Client from the meeting leaders regarding yesterday's heated teleconference discussion, just the usual "KEEP SMILING" (we AREN'T) cliche's and even a request for coverage commitments for the New Year's Day period.  I guess they're hoping if they don't deal with it, it will pass and we'll all go back to be good, mute boys and girls.  NOT.   I thought there would at least be a minimal response considerin ...

If It Were Not So Laughable I Might Be Upset. Their Fake QC Percentages
Feb 26, 2015

...when they need a boatload of us "unfavorables" to resign so they can hurry up and give former QC (previously it was the team lead) people our slots. Nuance should realize that, at the very least, some of us have learned to transcribe right through their stupid bogus scripts, some have even had the same script twice, it has happened so frequently, and we have learned how to do screen shots and keep meticulous records and ... warn others about it. So, especially you folks who have been ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

So Tired Of Putting In A Lot Of Time With No Work. It Makes Me Very Upset. Nm
Aug 23, 2014

nm ...

What Do You Do When You Can't Get A Supervisor
Mar 31, 2010

to respond to e-mails or phone calls?  I have never had a supervisor before that just wouldn't respond and I don't know what to do.  Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Changes-Changes--A New Supervisor, What Next?
Sep 13, 2010

Changes-Changes--A new supervisor, waht next? ...

Per Supervisor
Nov 03, 2014

Keep checking and keep track of down time.  Get the system back up so we can work.  PLEASE ...

What Would You Do About A Supervisor
Jan 11, 2015

who totally ignores your high priority emals for weeks and doesn't deem you important enough even to send you a a quick answer? What kind of a place or mentality would do that? Makes me feel like I'm just a little pissant. ...

Supervisor Suddenly MIA?
Aug 23, 2010

Try Google.  Amazing what you find. ...

DTS/Transend Supervisor/TL Both Not Available
Jun 01, 2011

I haven't worked for DTS long, but knew Transcend was taking over and so far that looks good.  I have had problems getting straight answers from DTS supervisor since hired, like when the supervisor, TL, and QA people were on duty.  The nice recuiter told me she would get me a list without my asking, but forwarded the request to my boss who said she didn't know why I needed this information.  Really?  Isn't this the first information eve ...

Badgering Supervisor
Jul 26, 2011

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do about a supervisor who always says, "It is a privilege to work at home".  She threatened me that I might have to come in-house to work because I complained about my keyboard no longer being compatible with the new computers.  I have to work weekends in-house on a rotating schedule.  I also said it is difficult to get readjusted when you go in house because the work station is different.  I should have never complained because now she s ...

Supervisor Leaving
Jan 16, 2013

Thank God the anal, basket case, nutjob supervisor I have is leaving.  No more phone calls every time I go to the bathroom.  Hope I don't get something worse than her. ...

Who Can I Contact Above My Supervisor?
Jan 18, 2013

Who can I contact above my supervisor? I cannot get any kind of response from her about anything. Overnight, my work load dropped by more than half. Literally, overnight. ...

E-mail From Supervisor
Feb 19, 2013

Anybody else get the e-mail message regarding NJA and changing schedule?  What are your thoughts? wondering if seniority will be taken into account?  don't know why they want us all on second and third as they keep running out of work as well. wish they would let us in on what is going on and let us be part of the solution instead of acting like we are the problem. Sitting here becoming more and more stressed.  Family is sick and tired of me being depressed/stressed over w ...

It Really Makes Me Mad When My Supervisor
May 09, 2014

calls for overtime because she is afraid jobs will go out of tat over the weekend and when I get on to work, I have no work on my usual 10 accounts and get work from accounts I have never heard of before!   What a way to help my line count and quality ...

Any Synernet MTs Know Who The New Supervisor
Jul 31, 2014

I missed the conference call, which by the way was limited to the first what...25. Don't know if it was mentioned in that call or not since the ones who were left out are never updated on what was said in the meeting. Do we e-mail the helpdesk now for supervisory questions? ...

They Just Fired The Best Supervisor KF
Sep 03, 2014

KF -- best supervisor -- worked harder than anyone I have ever worked with.  Actually gave a damn about her job, the hospitals, the company, the MTs, and worked what seemed like 24/7 to prove it.  I wish I could afford to quit in solidarity.  What a truly awful place this is to work for. ...

Coding Supervisor
Sep 22, 2014

Over on the job seekers' board, there is a posting for a coding supervisor.  If you are interested in coding, it is worth taking a look.  The requirements are typical and it only requires 2 years of experience.   ...

Do People Really Not Know Who Their Supervisor Is??
Jun 02, 2015

How does that happen? ...

Supervisor At Hospital Told Me
Jan 23, 2010

before editing and she spends her day editing the editors. That sounds cost effective! ...

An MT Supervisor Told Me (Regarding MTs Who Aren't Doing Well)
Mar 12, 2010

An MT supervisor told me that when they aren't happy with an MT's work because they aren't following instructions or are getting sloppy, they just take them off the schedule. Sometimes they do it gradually and other times leave them with little or no work. They keep the work for the MTs who are doing the best job with the least fuss. Interesting. ...