A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FLASH TYPE - run time error '383' - Bubblzinthed

Posted: Feb 21, 2011

Last week, Thursday, i downloaded FlashType from here when my Window XP crashed and i needed to find something to work on WIndows 7.  I immediately fell in love because it worked on my platform and i no longer needed to cut and paste.  At the end of the day, something happened (not sure what happened), but now i am getting and error that reads: run time error '383':  'text' property is read only I entered well over 200 abbreviations that day.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it did not work.  I really, really, really want to purchase this software, but i am afraid if i do, it still won't work.  Any ideas?  I have tried emailing the support at mtstars address with no answer.  I did send another email today.  I am desperate and may just have to begin to find another software, but i am trying to avoid reentering everything i entered last week.  Can anyone help?  As of right now i can't cut and paste in my Windows 7 either so i am straight typing with no expander and its killing me!  Thanks for any advice.

I don't know anything about Flashtype, but Shorthand - truffle

[ In Reply To ..]
works with Windows 7 and you can purchase a one-year license for $30.
You can try it for a month free, also.

thanks! - bubblzinthed

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you.... That was my next step as i have researched that product as well. I just wanted to buy it outright instead of the yearly membership, but $150 is an oucher! If i can't get it to work then i am going to go that route because i do know that it works on my platform as well. I am hoping that its import option works so i don't have to reenter everything. I just wish i could get an email response from mtstar support because i really like the product i already have downloaded that they sell and recommend on here. Ugh, crashes cause such headaches =)

Have you solved your problem? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
If not, you may want to check out Instant Text. You can download it at link below and use the fully-functional trial version for 30 day. Instant Text also will import your Flashtype list if you can save it as a text file and save you precious time.

Similar Messages:

Flash Type Works With Windows 7 Yet?
Sep 02, 2011

Anyone know if Flash Type works with Windows 7 yet?  Thank you.  nm ...

SR Error, First Time Posting One...SM
Jul 26, 2013

For the last several weeks, my SR is starting to be awful.  Prior to this, it was pretty good.  ? what happened all of a sudden.  It's Escription. SR:  She has 2 daughters, Lobis and lingula. Dictated:  She has 2 daughters in New England. ...

Second Time This Week--major Error
Jun 13, 2014

I put, ".....half normal saline to given in..." Should be, "....half normal saline to be given in...." Got a MAJOR error....1.0 point.  I cannot be the only one this happens to!  ...

Is 7 Cpl Straight Type Standard For Acute Care Part Time? NM
Oct 03, 2012

News Flash!
Nov 03, 2014

xx ...

MT STARS FLASH COUNT
Apr 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me if there is still a link to download the flashcount to make invoices for free on this site?  I know that this is where I downloaded it a long time ago, but I can't find it and appreciate any help! ...

Nuance News Flash
Aug 03, 2012

OK Kids. How many of you honestly read the Nuance News Flash that our TLs send out?  Be honest now; how many of you like reading about how this technology is killing the transcription industry?   As for me, my BP goes up about 100 points whenever I get one! ...

NEWS FLASH New Webmedx Message
Oct 25, 2010

I was working and just received an e-mail that there was a company update posted to the community page. So far, after listening to half the voice went out and so I have not been able to listen to the second half yet, BUT they said they had solid business commitments coming up and would be hiring I believe they said 128 transcriptionists! He also said anyone that was let go due to the RIF was welcome to apply again, and said that the RIF was a first for the company and hopefully the last. I am en ...

Flash Drive To Say Auto-correct
Jun 09, 2011

A flash drive sounds like a great way to save auto-correct, but I can't find anything in word to tell me how to copy/backup auto-correct??? TIA ...

Lost My Shorthand 10 Flash Drive!
Jul 28, 2012

Does anyone have a .spf file that they could "loan me" until I either find my flash drive or I build my own up (could take years like my original one did!)?  I had a backup but that hard drive crashed, and boy was I grateful for the flash drive backup, but what with one thing and another, I didn't back it up on my new computer and of course now I'm kicking myself.  Or if there is a resource online that I could use, that would be great. I'm looking for a more generic com ...

News Flash: Nuance Bayscribe MTs Have Had It! (nm)
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

Saving Shorthand File To Flash Drive
May 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to save my shorthand file to a flash drive?  Thanks. ...

How Do I Transcribe From A Flash Driving Using Existing Usb Foot Pedal
Aug 19, 2013

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

Error 372
Apr 01, 2010

Has anyone ever had this error?  The company I hired on with installed ES v 9 on my computer.  For some reason error 372 popped up when he went to open ES.  He tried a few things, but nothing worked.  He is supposed to get back to me when he finds a solution.  Has anyone else encountered this before?  If so, what did you do to fix it? ...

Re: Error 372
Apr 07, 2010

I am so frustrated!!!  I have a new job, and it looks like I am going to have to look for another one that does not use Editscript V9  because no matter what tech support does they cannot fix it.  They have even spoken to Escription.  I have 2 computers and neither one will work with ES 9.  Unbelievable.  One is less than a year old, and the other one is a few years old.  I have googled this error and tried all the things suggested and nothing works.  I ...

SR Error
Jun 03, 2012

I read all the time the postings from MTs on SR errors.  Had to share this one today!!! epinephrine - SR put "peanut friend"   Really????   ...

1-second Job Error
Jun 19, 2012

Every once in awhile, I get a job that is 1 second long with the error stating that the audio has failed to load.  I click okay and it's booted back in the pool only for it to be placed second in my queue.  This can go on all day.  Anybody else have this happen?  ...

Example Of Error From ILP
Oct 05, 2013

Dictated:  Hysteroscopy with D&C. Transcribed by ILP:  Hysteroscopy with drainage and clapping.   ...

ILP Error
Nov 15, 2013

Just corrected on a report on 100% review that already went through 2 layers of ILP QA:  "The patient was seen by the M as in Monkey service." I can't wait until they only have ILP QA checking the work.  You get what you pay for. ...

No Pay For Job With An Error
Dec 03, 2013

I work for a company whose policy is that if you make a mistake typing in the job number or date of service or ANY demographic information, then no matter how long the report is and how long it took you to type it and how much you struggled to undertsand the ESL dictator, they pay you absolutely ZERO, ZILCH, NADA for it.  Is that even LEGAL?  ...

An Error I See A Lot
Jan 18, 2014

An error I see very often while doing QA, even though it has no impact on patient care, is a missing comma after the year on a full date, or missing comma after city and state.  I'm not trying to nag, just trying to help because, when audited, the powers that be will ding you for this and laugh maniacally.  Here are the rules in the style guide and BOS for any who want to argue. "Use a comma after the year when the sentence continues after a date: I saw the patient on May 17, 201 ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Comprehension Error?
Jul 03, 2010

I received a comprehension error due to leaving a blank that I could not understand. So, I guess that they would rather have us guess. No wonder I am starting to hate this job more and more each day. ...