A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance does not give raises. - SM

Posted: Oct 01, 2014

Maybe you are new and think they will.  Maybe you are old and think they will.  They won't.  Maybe they don't use this tactic anymore, but when I was there it was "Give Yourself A Raise." That meant produce more.  They don't give raises.  Don't waste your time E-mailing anybody.  Get mad.  Sure.  Even quit, find yourself a better career.  But don't hold your breath.  There will be no raises.  They don't need you anyway.  Now they'vet got all those people in the other country and the newbies.

They don't care about quality.  If they did, they would give raises to the seasoned excellent MT and QA.  They only care about money and trust me they are not going to give any of it up for you.  This sounds mean, I realize, and will probably tick a bunch of people off.  But it's true.  The worst part is, Nuance has led the industry into what it has become and is still becoming.  So even if you find what you think is a great job, it will be gone eventually.  You can thank Nuance for that.  

There will be no raises.  

Raises? They don't even give real PAY. - Just fake incentives and games.

[ In Reply To ..]

100% The Truth - sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Your post was not mean at all. Everything you wrote was exactly correct.

They have a $240 million profit margin. - Greed at its best.

[ In Reply To ..]
What you write about Nuance is true. Sad, but true.

All true - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
How could any new transcriptionist read this board and not believe how bad this industry is. Do they think we just come up with the worst scenarios possible when we have time off from the job, such as minimum wage, bad dictators, no work available, Fiesa or whatever Fiasco. If we were all happy we would be out spending our potentially good money and not on this board complaining.

Similar Messages:

Does Amphion Give Raises? Nm
Oct 03, 2010

nm ...

How Much Does Proscript Pay And Do They Give Raises? NM
Sep 10, 2013

Thank you. ...

130 Percent Profit But Cannot Give Raises.
May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate.  ...

Annual Raises Or Merit Raises?
Dec 03, 2014

Does any MTSO do this?  I mean, either an annual cost of living raise or a merit raise based on a regular annual review.  Or both. If none of the above, are you able to just ask your boss for a raise when you feel it's appropriate?  Does it work? ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

Does Nuance Give Out Christmas
Dec 15, 2013

...or should I say Holiday bonuses? ...

Can Someone Give Me A Phone Number For Payroll There At Nuance
Feb 04, 2013

Does Nuance Give A T-giving, X-mas Bonus/gift?
Nov 27, 2013

nm ...

Raises????
Jun 28, 2013

I have been working for a compnay since 12/2007.  In that period of time I have worked multiple accounts, learned multiple new software systems and have always gone above and beyond - working over/extra to ensure we stay in our TAT.  In the 5-1/2 years I have been working for them, I have not had a single line rate increase.  Is this the normal?  ...

QC Raises?
Jul 02, 2013

Anybody who is a QC ever ask for a raise? I got promoted to a QC from an MLS within Nuance. They estimated my rate by averaging my lines per hour, then adding $2 to it as my rate for being a QC. I've been at that rate only 7 months, but see lots of posts here about people being offered jobs in QC at $13 an hour and that is more than I make. Should I ask about a raise? Has anybody ever had luck asking for one? ...

Pay Raises
Mar 25, 2015

I have a question for all you MTs out there.  I have been with the same company for 8 years now and am still making the same cpl as I was when I was hired.  Is this the norm?  I would think a raise should be in order at some point.  I am very reliable, always make production or over production, very accurate.  Just kinda feeling unloved!  LOL! ...

TIRED OF NO RAISES, VERY LITTLE PAY
Nov 30, 2009

Visit:  http://www.opeiu.org/ContactUs/tabid/100/Default.aspx We deserve to be protected:  "Your right to form a union is protected by long-standing U.S. labor laws. While most employers use all kinds of excuses why unions aren’t needed and put up challenges to block organizing efforts, workers succeed every day in building powerful employee organizations. OPEIU can provide you and your co-workers with the tools and support needed to organize a union where you work. You can ...

Companies And Raises?
Feb 18, 2010

After being at a company 2 1/2 years, does anyone thing it is acceptable to email and ask the company for a raise? ...

Raises (don't Laugh, I'm Serious).
Jan 06, 2011

Has anybody asked their company for a raise within the last year and gotten one ?  Just curious.  ...

No Raises In MT Wages
May 10, 2011

Is anyone else fed up with the fact that the wages for MTs never go up?  It has been the same low rate for years!  ...

Independent Contracting And Raises
Oct 26, 2009

I am finally leaving the broken world of transcription vending to become an independent contractor once again.  I am so very fortunate enough to have benefits through my husband's employer, so it's the pay I am really missing.  Is it unreasonable to put a raise in the contract?  The hospital basically told me they are not contracting for as much $ as they used to (yet another slap in the face of my career), and kind of hinted that raises are a joke.  When I follow ...

WEBMEDX Hands Out Raises!!!!
Sep 11, 2010

See (lol), anyone can come up with a Shock and Awe type of title/campaign to get peoples attention to read their post. I mean really, Spyware?!?? Give me a break Pete. It was just about as silly and borderline slanderous as your post! Monitoring keystrokes goes back to the inception of computers being used in transcription. THESE REPORTS WERE DESIGNED TO HELP...END STORY Look,companies hire and they lay off, its never pretty. I am sure that the layoff was unavoidable as MTSO's are not into ...

Here's A Quick, Interesting Read That Raises My
Jan 20, 2012

that maybe 2012 will be the year that the elephant in the room, OFFSHORING AMERICAN JOBS, and the perks which companies get for doing so, will finally get a spotlight thrown upon it:   ...

Just Wondrin' When MedQ Took Away Incentive, And Promised Raises
Apr 06, 2010

Memo promised all those high producers who were making the incentive grade would be compensated in the form of a raise...anbody here get one?  ...

Wal-Mart Commercial - "a Raise In Pay Raises Us All." Hey MModal Listen Up!
May 04, 2015

If Im meeting my LPH minumum plus, why do I still require make-up pay?? Wow!  My CPL sucks..just saying! ...

I Give Up!
May 04, 2010

I absolutely cannot even understand this part of the dictation to even try to break it up into something valid. It's under the physical examination, HEENT. "Pupils equal, round, and reactive to light and accommodation.  Extraocular muscles were intact. (s/l ophthalmolotin powasting)."  She goes into cardiac after this and clearly dictates that heading. ...

OK, I Give Up...
Feb 07, 2012

I thought I'd looked everywhere but obviously not.  Where are the links to external resources, sister MT sites, etc?  I'm sure I'll really feel stupid when you tell me. ...

Something Has To Give Here
Jun 20, 2012

ASR was doing better a little while back now it is way screwed up again...Which means they hired people that dont know what they are doing..They need to make it about a year or so on new hires before they go through the filter and screw it up..And you would think at the very least there would be a filter to keep misspelled words from printing out,,,Just my opinion ...

Ok, I Give Up!!!
May 25, 2013

is it just me or is there someone else out there thinking that ASR has gone completely nuts!  My usual 240 lph is down to about 160 lph with all the editing I have had to do tonight on my normally clearly-speaking dictators, i.e., Dictated:   MRSA bacteremia    ASR:  Cataracts Dictated:  ESRD, on                ASR: Anterior, a If it didn't require so much editing it could ...

DON'T GIVE UP
Oct 19, 2014

I just want to let everybody know there are other fields where we can put our skills to use. I responded to an ad asking for a transcriptionist and thinking it was medical I sent my resume of 20+ years MT and got hired . It turns out its a legal transcriptionist for workers comp lawyers. Right now I do 4 hours a day as they need me (as there is another transcriptionist there) and am making a lot more than medical transcriptionist. I'm hoping at some point they may offer full-time so I&# ...

I Give Up. No More OT For Me.
Jun 12, 2015

I've had it.  Today will be the first time I'm not going to be compliant with the "mandatory" OT.  I just can't anymore.  They mandate, then they run out and cancel the mandate.  They give a few days without mandate and then we're back on mandate.  I work a specific schedule for a reason.  I do NOT appreciate being jerked around.  Whether it's illegal or not, it is WHOLLY UNETHICAL.  I'm not an on-demand worker.  This 8-h ...

Should I Give Up 1 Job? Need Feedback. Sm
Dec 13, 2009

I work part time for 2 companies.  One company usually has plenty of work.  I love the work and the people and they are very flexible.  I can usually get full time lines.  The other company usually has no work and I really despise the work and the QA.  I'm tired of the constant frantic emails stating how there is so much work only to go on and find there are less then 10 jobs.  This company now wants us to be employees.  I don't want to be t ...

DONT GIVE UP
Feb 01, 2010

This board is sometimes so disheartening.  All of you new MTs, we are graduating from reputable schools, we are getting jobs and it is no different from any other occupation.  Times change, rules change, technology changes, but if we are not set in our ways and our not willing to grow, things will disappear.  We always blame everyone else, but maybe its time to look at the opportunities that do exist and concentrate on where we do want to be in 5 years or 10 years.  Peop ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is Someone To Give Feedback On FTR
Apr 13, 2010

I would like to give my feedback, a lot of hype for a BIG let down.  Swapboard a BUST.  OLD report lookup, andother BUST.  They need a HUGE anonymous suggestion box. ...

Please Give Us A Break..........
Jul 15, 2010

How many Medical Transcriptionist right now feel like they are being discriminated against because of your lack of experience?  Why are Medical Transcription companies only looking to hire experienced Medical Transcriptionist in a certain field?   Don't they realize the resources that are out there now, that can give someone the opportunity to grow in this field.  Right now there are so many people out of work and struggling to get a job and have little to no ...