A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just wondrin' when MedQ took away incentive, and promised raises - instead..anybody here get one?

Posted: Apr 06, 2010

Memo promised all those high producers who were making the incentive grade would be compensated in the form of a raise...anbody here get one? 

yes.. I did - why do you want to know

[ In Reply To ..]
wasn't big, but it was a raise

Why the message from Peter the next week on - MQ Central that there were

[ In Reply To ..]
no raises? Did he take back the bazillionth of a cent per line?

thats probably for the upper classmen! - suits

[ In Reply To ..]
I never got notice that they took back the raise, so I think it stands the salary people probably.
Isn't the raise he took away was for employees other - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
than MTs - like salaried employees - administrators, office workers etc?

Mine amounted to less than 90 cents per day raise... - What an insult...rather have kept the incentive...

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That's why I wasn't too upset if I thought they took it back! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Annual Raises Or Merit Raises?
Dec 03, 2014

Does any MTSO do this?  I mean, either an annual cost of living raise or a merit raise based on a regular annual review.  Or both. If none of the above, are you able to just ask your boss for a raise when you feel it's appropriate?  Does it work? ...

Once Again MedQ Showing They Have Their Finger On
Mar 16, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me this monolithic company whose primary source of revenue is transcription has no clue in managing their most valuable commodity, the MTs!!!  E-time has proven disasterous in wrangling MTs to keep precise time schedules and produce..and now take away the mainstay of MTing for years..the incentive (which agreed, sucked anyway..).  WE ARE PRODUCTION EMPLOYEES!!!!  WE DO NOT GET PAID HOURLY OR SALARY!!  How do these Hahvad, Wharton School rejects not ge ...

2010 MedQ Transcriptionists Of The Year
Aug 09, 2010

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J, Aug. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Austin, TX, AHDI 2010 AnnualConvention & Expo --MedQuist Inc. (Nasdaq: MEDQ), a leading provider of medicaltranscription services, and a leader in technology-enabled clinicaldocumentation workflow, announced the winners of its 2010 MedicalTranscriptionist of the Year Award on Saturday, August 7, 2010 at the AHDIAnnual Convention and Expo in Austin, TX.As a part of its comprehensive Rewards and Recognition Program, MedQuist, aplatinum sponso ...

DSG Has Done What They Promised They Would NEVER DO!
Feb 07, 2012

Well, here we go again.....DSG has done exactly what I was promised, when I went to work for them almost seven years ago, that they would never do.....sell out to MQ or MModal, whatever their name is.  I left MQ for a reason....because they are an awful company to work for and could care less about their employees.  Promised work is not there....no one is ever available to help when you need it and if you complain they put a thumb down on you about your production or your accuracy and ...

Post Below Says Program Might Not Pan Out As Promised.
Mar 15, 2014

hasn't been much promised at all.  All we know is training will be intensive, if you leave the program you have to pay back MM an unknown amt, and you have to work for them for 2 years at unknown pay. The promises I see there are nothing to write home about.  It is the unknowns, when answered, that will help me decide if this is what I want to do.  And I agree with another poster, I will watchly closely what happens with this first group.  Which brings to mind, if anyon ...

They Promised They Would Fix The Speech Wreck.
May 23, 2014

We were supposed to provide 3 job numbers with examples of the same errors being made over and over again. Well, I did just that with numerous jobs because of numerous errors. Not one stinking thing has been done. Does this mean my TSM was just whistling Dixie and blowing smoke and did nothing about the information I provided, or does it mean the ASR technicians were whistling Dixie, blowing smoking and did nothing? Why is no one held accountable for the mess that is called Nuance? ...

Anyone Laid Off From Diskriter Not Get The Promised PTO?
Mar 19, 2015

When I was laid off in November, Diskriter said they would pay all PTO earned up to that point.  They only paid half of what they owed me.  They will not respond to emails, phone calls or letters. Has anyone else had this issue? They have really sunk to the bottom of the barrel into the sewer! ...

Being Paid A Lower Amount Than Promised
Dec 18, 2009

Has anyone ever signed a contract with a company that specified a certain cpl and then when you started, you discovered that you  were being  paid a full cent less, with no explanation?  How did you handle it? ...

Promised Work, But Didn't Deliver
Sep 17, 2014

I recently started working for a urologist who in the ad said that work would be daily, Mon-Fri two hours worth and they would be paying by the hour for it.  I thought that would fit in great with my schedule.  Well a few months later and I get work once or twice a week and they tell me how long it should take (in other words how much they are willing to pay).  My last invoice was for about 150.00 for a month.  It does not take me long to do it, but I'm not happy that th ...

Raises????
Jun 28, 2013

I have been working for a compnay since 12/2007.  In that period of time I have worked multiple accounts, learned multiple new software systems and have always gone above and beyond - working over/extra to ensure we stay in our TAT.  In the 5-1/2 years I have been working for them, I have not had a single line rate increase.  Is this the normal?  ...

QC Raises?
Jul 02, 2013

Anybody who is a QC ever ask for a raise? I got promoted to a QC from an MLS within Nuance. They estimated my rate by averaging my lines per hour, then adding $2 to it as my rate for being a QC. I've been at that rate only 7 months, but see lots of posts here about people being offered jobs in QC at $13 an hour and that is more than I make. Should I ask about a raise? Has anybody ever had luck asking for one? ...

Pay Raises
Mar 25, 2015

I have a question for all you MTs out there.  I have been with the same company for 8 years now and am still making the same cpl as I was when I was hired.  Is this the norm?  I would think a raise should be in order at some point.  I am very reliable, always make production or over production, very accurate.  Just kinda feeling unloved!  LOL! ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

TIRED OF NO RAISES, VERY LITTLE PAY
Nov 30, 2009

Visit:  http://www.opeiu.org/ContactUs/tabid/100/Default.aspx We deserve to be protected:  "Your right to form a union is protected by long-standing U.S. labor laws. While most employers use all kinds of excuses why unions aren’t needed and put up challenges to block organizing efforts, workers succeed every day in building powerful employee organizations. OPEIU can provide you and your co-workers with the tools and support needed to organize a union where you work. You can ...

Companies And Raises?
Feb 18, 2010

After being at a company 2 1/2 years, does anyone thing it is acceptable to email and ask the company for a raise? ...

Raises (don't Laugh, I'm Serious).
Jan 06, 2011

Has anybody asked their company for a raise within the last year and gotten one ?  Just curious.  ...

No Raises In MT Wages
May 10, 2011

Is anyone else fed up with the fact that the wages for MTs never go up?  It has been the same low rate for years!  ...

Independent Contracting And Raises
Oct 26, 2009

I am finally leaving the broken world of transcription vending to become an independent contractor once again.  I am so very fortunate enough to have benefits through my husband's employer, so it's the pay I am really missing.  Is it unreasonable to put a raise in the contract?  The hospital basically told me they are not contracting for as much $ as they used to (yet another slap in the face of my career), and kind of hinted that raises are a joke.  When I follow ...

WEBMEDX Hands Out Raises!!!!
Sep 11, 2010

See (lol), anyone can come up with a Shock and Awe type of title/campaign to get peoples attention to read their post. I mean really, Spyware?!?? Give me a break Pete. It was just about as silly and borderline slanderous as your post! Monitoring keystrokes goes back to the inception of computers being used in transcription. THESE REPORTS WERE DESIGNED TO HELP...END STORY Look,companies hire and they lay off, its never pretty. I am sure that the layoff was unavoidable as MTSO's are not into ...

Does Amphion Give Raises? Nm
Oct 03, 2010

nm ...

How Much Does Proscript Pay And Do They Give Raises? NM
Sep 10, 2013

Thank you. ...

Nuance Does Not Give Raises.
Oct 01, 2014

Maybe you are new and think they will.  Maybe you are old and think they will.  They won't.  Maybe they don't use this tactic anymore, but when I was there it was "Give Yourself A Raise." That meant produce more.  They don't give raises.  Don't waste your time E-mailing anybody.  Get mad.  Sure.  Even quit, find yourself a better career.  But don't hold your breath.  There will be no raises.  They don't need you ...

Here's A Quick, Interesting Read That Raises My
Jan 20, 2012

that maybe 2012 will be the year that the elephant in the room, OFFSHORING AMERICAN JOBS, and the perks which companies get for doing so, will finally get a spotlight thrown upon it:   ...

130 Percent Profit But Cannot Give Raises.
May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate.  ...

Wal-Mart Commercial - "a Raise In Pay Raises Us All." Hey MModal Listen Up!
May 04, 2015

If Im meeting my LPH minumum plus, why do I still require make-up pay?? Wow!  My CPL sucks..just saying! ...

Incentive... What's That?
Aug 18, 2010

Whenever we are asked to help, there is no incentive offered.  I never thought of it at all, until I started reading some random posts below about getting incentive.  Hmmm I always let them know I am happy to help, was that dumb of me to say that?  Did I screw myself out of ever getting an incentive?  or maybe not all companies offer it to begin with. oh well. ...

Really, If There Is An Incentive Going On,
Sep 24, 2010

which I would never know since I can't get into MQ Central, then why have I had NJA for the past half hour?  Who comes up with these bright ideas???  What a joke! ...

Incentive - I Don't Get It
Jan 14, 2011

The way it looks to me, they give me a target to hit over 4 days, which (I don't need the particulars of how they arrived at it, but I get them anyway) pretty much reflects my daily average.  Okay so now I work all day today, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, making my average each day and THEN, at the end of Monday, if I'm able to get in another 100 lines, I will get 3 cents for those 100 lines???  So I work all day on my two days off for 3 dollars?  Have I got that straight ...

Incentive And OT
Jan 30, 2011

Ok guys having a brain fart......I know it is incentive weekend or whatever, but does that mean they want you JUST to work your regular hours or are you to do OT if at all possible. ...

2-Day Incentive
Sep 29, 2011

Check e-mail.  Two-day incentive in place due to high backlogs. (Only after you hit an impossible number though.) ...