A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Raises???? - Just_wondering

Posted: Jun 28, 2013

I have been working for a compnay since 12/2007.  In that period of time I have worked multiple accounts, learned multiple new software systems and have always gone above and beyond - working over/extra to ensure we stay in our TAT.  In the 5-1/2 years I have been working for them, I have not had a single line rate increase.  Is this the normal? 

Raises? - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
Sad but true, it is the norm. The only increase I ever got was 13 years ago with YOG. I asked for it and got 0.025 cpl raise. After that it's only been decreases for the sake of "being competitive".

Count your blessings your line rate hasn't DECREASED - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Raises usually don't happen. I actually asked a job years ago about a raise and was told they would try to give me more lines so I could type more. Okay, lol, let me work more hours in order to make more money, God forbid they pay a little more.

It seems today though that you are lucky if they don't decrease your line rate, as that seems to be the norm today.

Have you asked? - Just do it!

[ In Reply To ..]
I would probably still be making my initial rate if I hadn't asked for a raise. So, if you haven't asked, you should, especially with all the extra you've taken on and you've proven yourself to be an asset to the company.
:)

I'm as high as I can go with this particular company, so the only "raise" I can give myself now is through working more/harder to increase my line counts.

I think this must be the norm. - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
My hospital job was outsourced to DSG a couple years ago, which was then bought out by M-Modal. Up until I went with DSG, I had only ever known working for the hospital where we got annual raises...even if only 3%. As I was at the top of my range, mine was given in one lump sum of 3% of my annual salary.

Not too long after getting over the shock of being outsourced to DSG, I started to see the writing on the wall of how things worked at an MTSO. I asked my manager: So, will there be periodic pay increases? She replied that the way to increase my pay would be as I became faster and racked up more lines, but, basically, no, there weren't "routine" pay increases.

Ha! I'd been an MT for nearly 20 years and was one of the fastest producers at my hospital. You eventually reach a point at which you really can't do more lines, if you're a human being....which I am. :-D So....doing the math, the facts generally spell "no pay increases."

raise - MT10Y

[ In Reply To ..]
I also worked for the same company (I don't mean yours) for 5 years, doing extra when asked, learning new accounts, getting my CMT, and only had 1 increase in my line rate when I passed my CMT. Nothing after that at all. In fact, my pay decreased when they implemented a new system for how they paid you and I could never get ahead especially after the good accounts jumped ship and we were left with the horrible accounts. I finally left last fall. I'm PT now and making more money than I was FT at my old job (hourly pay!!) with much much less stress.

I've never known MT production pay to give raises. - hourly pay yes but even that sm

[ In Reply To ..]
in this day and age has been eliminated pretty much, from the yearly built-in cost-of-living to the incentive-to-stay merit raises. Not to mention the affordability factor of the orgainzation you work for - hospital or mtso? Hospitals are not paying a middle man between you and them.

always have been paid production and used to receive raises - till 2006

[ In Reply To ..]
All down hill from there!

Similar Messages:

Annual Raises Or Merit Raises?
Dec 03, 2014

Does any MTSO do this?  I mean, either an annual cost of living raise or a merit raise based on a regular annual review.  Or both. If none of the above, are you able to just ask your boss for a raise when you feel it's appropriate?  Does it work? ...

QC Raises?
Jul 02, 2013

Anybody who is a QC ever ask for a raise? I got promoted to a QC from an MLS within Nuance. They estimated my rate by averaging my lines per hour, then adding $2 to it as my rate for being a QC. I've been at that rate only 7 months, but see lots of posts here about people being offered jobs in QC at $13 an hour and that is more than I make. Should I ask about a raise? Has anybody ever had luck asking for one? ...

Pay Raises
Mar 25, 2015

I have a question for all you MTs out there.  I have been with the same company for 8 years now and am still making the same cpl as I was when I was hired.  Is this the norm?  I would think a raise should be in order at some point.  I am very reliable, always make production or over production, very accurate.  Just kinda feeling unloved!  LOL! ...

TIRED OF NO RAISES, VERY LITTLE PAY
Nov 30, 2009

Visit:  http://www.opeiu.org/ContactUs/tabid/100/Default.aspx We deserve to be protected:  "Your right to form a union is protected by long-standing U.S. labor laws. While most employers use all kinds of excuses why unions aren’t needed and put up challenges to block organizing efforts, workers succeed every day in building powerful employee organizations. OPEIU can provide you and your co-workers with the tools and support needed to organize a union where you work. You can ...

Companies And Raises?
Feb 18, 2010

After being at a company 2 1/2 years, does anyone thing it is acceptable to email and ask the company for a raise? ...

Raises (don't Laugh, I'm Serious).
Jan 06, 2011

Has anybody asked their company for a raise within the last year and gotten one ?  Just curious.  ...

No Raises In MT Wages
May 10, 2011

Is anyone else fed up with the fact that the wages for MTs never go up?  It has been the same low rate for years!  ...

Independent Contracting And Raises
Oct 26, 2009

I am finally leaving the broken world of transcription vending to become an independent contractor once again.  I am so very fortunate enough to have benefits through my husband's employer, so it's the pay I am really missing.  Is it unreasonable to put a raise in the contract?  The hospital basically told me they are not contracting for as much $ as they used to (yet another slap in the face of my career), and kind of hinted that raises are a joke.  When I follow ...

WEBMEDX Hands Out Raises!!!!
Sep 11, 2010

See (lol), anyone can come up with a Shock and Awe type of title/campaign to get peoples attention to read their post. I mean really, Spyware?!?? Give me a break Pete. It was just about as silly and borderline slanderous as your post! Monitoring keystrokes goes back to the inception of computers being used in transcription. THESE REPORTS WERE DESIGNED TO HELP...END STORY Look,companies hire and they lay off, its never pretty. I am sure that the layoff was unavoidable as MTSO's are not into ...

Does Amphion Give Raises? Nm
Oct 03, 2010

nm ...

How Much Does Proscript Pay And Do They Give Raises? NM
Sep 10, 2013

Thank you. ...

Nuance Does Not Give Raises.
Oct 01, 2014

Maybe you are new and think they will.  Maybe you are old and think they will.  They won't.  Maybe they don't use this tactic anymore, but when I was there it was "Give Yourself A Raise." That meant produce more.  They don't give raises.  Don't waste your time E-mailing anybody.  Get mad.  Sure.  Even quit, find yourself a better career.  But don't hold your breath.  There will be no raises.  They don't need you ...

Here's A Quick, Interesting Read That Raises My
Jan 20, 2012

that maybe 2012 will be the year that the elephant in the room, OFFSHORING AMERICAN JOBS, and the perks which companies get for doing so, will finally get a spotlight thrown upon it:   ...

130 Percent Profit But Cannot Give Raises.
May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate.  ...

Just Wondrin' When MedQ Took Away Incentive, And Promised Raises
Apr 06, 2010

Memo promised all those high producers who were making the incentive grade would be compensated in the form of a raise...anbody here get one?  ...

Wal-Mart Commercial - "a Raise In Pay Raises Us All." Hey MModal Listen Up!
May 04, 2015

If Im meeting my LPH minumum plus, why do I still require make-up pay?? Wow!  My CPL sucks..just saying! ...