A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amphion, anything good or bad. I'm nervous. - woeisme

Posted: Oct 14, 2014

Anyone out there have any experience with Amphion?  Good and bad comments are requested.  I'm nervous about them.

Amphion - anonmt

[ In Reply To ..]
My experience with them when I was there was not good. Ego and control issues. IMO micromanagement, and like others demand a schedule to adhere to yet they are unable (or chose not to be at their desk to pay attention and/or run reports they have) to control account flow/workers who are on when not supposed to be to cherry pick, and then demand you make up work off your schedule when there was not work during your schedule as if you are salaried and not production based or on call at their demand to "get your hours in" no matter what else you have going on in your life OUTSIDE of the schedule they demanded from you and you keep. IE when they post the hours needed to fill, you accept, and find you work all other hours BUT those.

Amphion - DNR

[ In Reply To ..]
You didn't work for the team I work for, that's for sure. To Nervous, don't be. It's probably the best company out there for support. Of course if you are NOT a good MT, then of course you are going to get corrected. Just sayin.

Hateful - Judgmental

[ In Reply To ..]
just sayin

There goes them egos again LOL...NM - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

You speak the truth - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
A bad experience at Amphion does not depend on whether you are a good, bad, excellent or so-so transcriptionist.

You will all suffer - perhaps the excellent transcriptionist the most, because they will keep putting you on the absolute worst accounts and dictators - you can get 1 single HORRIBLE dictator for your ENTIRE SHIFT. Otherwise, surprise! No work at all! And the pay is the pits.

Really ONE dictator in WHOLE health system? I think not.

Amphion makes their workers suffer - for ridiculously low pay. No thanks.

My experience with Amphion - not recommended

[ In Reply To ..]
Been a couple years ago since I left. Promised large acute account... ended up with a "new" secondary every 30 days until I reached the point where I had one job from 3 different accounts in my queue... NJA not a problem, they just add accounts, which makes it impossible to make $. When I was NJA, I too was told to make the hours up, which usually had to fall on Saturday/sunday after my normal shift for that day.

Left after 6 months.

My experience - destinyisntfree

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Amphion for well over a year. I was constantly shuffled back and forth between accounts, and in the end had I think 7 accounts I worked, essentially every account the team had.

My biggest problem was the line counting method. The adjusted line count (where you had to translate your VR lines into how many lines they would have been for straight typing) was confusing at best and my only saving grace was a friend who created a spread sheet to help me calculate it so I didn't lose my mind. When my production dropped due to health issues, they were great about letting me drop to part time, and then moving me to a weekend only position. Of course, then there was a death in the family and I was told that, since I did not qualify for bereavement pay, I couldn't take the time off unpaid, either. That was pretty much the end of the line for me.

Truth about Amphion - JustanMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The truth is that Amphion has good people working there -friendly and helpful. The bad is that the pay is the pits. You cannot make any money. They tell you that you will work on a platform (Triton) and that it is VBC but they FAIL to tell you that even though you have to type headings or subheadings or choose from a dropdown after you start typing, you do NOT get paid for them. Realistically, after not getting paid for spaces and then not getting paid for headings and subheadings, you lose about 40% of what you would be getting paid from other companies who pay for them. Typically for 1 minute of dictation you get about 10-12 lines. With Amphion's pay rate, you only get about 6 to 7 lines per minute of dictation. That is the truth.

The same - opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not worked for them for something like 7 years, so my opinion really is not that valid, but I second what most of the posters are saying. I lasted 18 months before leaving and should have left sooner. The team I was on, the manager and main QA person were very condescending. As a company they were very micromanaging and demanding. I would go for months at a time on mandatory OT on my account of an hour a day. After 18 months I was an exhausted, stressed out, belittled freak and had to leave. Single worst experience of my 25 years in this field. But on the other hand, I had a friend who worked for them for about 10 years who was on a different team and for much of that time was very happy.

Similar for me - underpaid

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with most of the info given above. No pay for spaces or headers, templates/normal are gray characters, so no pay for those either. Results in low pay. Difficult to make the line count for full time (actually not possible for me). I currently have 6 accounts and get jobs from all of them mixed together often, each with their own volume of instructions and dictator specifics, so difficult to keep production up.

The positives are the people have been very nice, good support. You won't run out of work right now - mandatory overtime every day.

I worked for them twice - and hated it

[ In Reply To ..]
And both times I was nitpicked by their QA chief until I couldn't take it anymore. I have worked in QA for years, but my Amphion experience was nothing short of harassment. Nothing I did was right.

Same here... - Thumbsdown

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing. They expect you to meet line counts, but give you SO many different accounts and work runs out and you WAIT and WAIT then have to "make up" your hours and it's a vicious cycle. VERY demanding, not flexible and just plain MEAN.

Amphion - Happy

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for them right now. I work exclusively on the TRITON platform doing work for Mayo Health Systems exclusively. The dictators are dreamy--easy to understand--and the audio quality is above average. The formatting is a little tricky, but after 3 or 4 weeks, you can get the hang of it. I work part-time, and I don't rely on my income from them to pay any real bills. I would give them a 10 out of 10 in dictation quality, friendliness, lots of work, etc. I would give the pay about a 7 out of 10. That being said, I don't think any national MTSO would rate anything over a 7. When I was recruited, I requested that I be assigned to Mayo, which I think was the best choice for me.
Correct answer for all of you who care to know - Amphion MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Q: I heard that we do not get paid for headers, footers, or normals/templates. Is this true?

A: No. Not true. We don't contribute to nor do we even see headers and footers in our view of documents. If you're referring to headings as in headings of sections (like Physical Examination), they are included as any other text in a document and therefore paid as typed lines whether we typed them or pulled them in from a dropdown or a normal/template. Normals/templates/routines, any pre-typed text that we pull into our documents, are also included in our line counts as if we typed every bit of those, too.

Similar Messages:

Amphion...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 20, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies with Amphion being one of them. I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me an idea of their experience at Amphion with respect to pay, if their SR platform works well, how long it took you to get up to speed and earning decent money, how much SR and how much typing, etc. Basically the stuff that you would have liked to known before you went to work at Amphion.   Thanks very much ...

Amphion Good Or Bad?
Mar 19, 2013

Is this company good or bad? ...

Amphion - Good,bad And Ugly
Jan 16, 2011

I was just wondering if there was any body out there who has worked or is currently working for it. Just want the good,bad and ugly if there is any? Just tested for it and I think I did okay. ...

Experience With Amphion (good Or Bad)?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Amphion (good or bad)?  I have an interview scheduled and was wondering if they are worth pursuing.  Thanks     ...

Amphion - Good Or Bad? I Currently Work At
Aug 09, 2011

Nuance.  I got hired on by OSi, which was a good company, but Nuance took over, and it's becoming more and more of a nightmare every day.  I am getting so miserable.  The people that transferred over from OSi are great and great to work for that's what has been keeping me there, but Nuance is terrible, and they're buying out all of the good companies out there!  Is Amphion any better?  Any current or ex Amphioners out there?   Would greatly appre ...

So What's The Story On Amphion? Good Or Bad?
Oct 20, 2011

Would love to hear the scoop on Amphion from anyone who works there or has recently worked there.  I'm thinking about applying there.  How is the pay, software, and benefits, and is there plenty of work?  Thanks in advance for any info I can get! ...

Amphion. Good, Bad, Ugly? TIA. Nm
Jun 19, 2014

nm ...

Amphion?? Good/bad/ugly??
Dec 05, 2014

Filled out the test & waiting to hear.  Anyone have experience with these guys?  TIA! :0) ...

Can Anyone Share Their Experience With Amphion, Good Or Bad?
Mar 30, 2013

Xxx ...

Nervous
Mar 02, 2012

waiting for my phone interview to begin....sorta nervous! ...

NEWBIE GETTING NERVOUS
Aug 29, 2010

I'm new to the profession and new to the boards. I am here just trying to get a feel for the real world in transcription. I have to say the few things I have read on here so far are making me very nervous. I am just finishing my course within the next month or two through Penn Foster so the search for a job is in my near future... These are a few things I am curious about:  Is the MT job market really that bad? What advice can you give me as a new MT? Have any of you MT's out ...

Interviewing Soon And Nervous
Oct 01, 2010

I have an interview coming up and I am a little nervous.  I have not had an interview in years and I don't know what to expect.  The last two times I had interviews with an MTSO, they did not really interview me but instead just told me about the account and wanted to know what shift I wanted to work. For those of you who have been interviewing recently, what was it like?  What questions can I be expected to answer.  Thanks. ...

Nervous Transition
Oct 21, 2011

I have come into transciption within the past four years. This is something I have always wanted to do and finally found a way to get into the field. There does not seem to be alot of money in straight typing, and less in VR. I have always made incentive, but still - its just not enough and I work very hard to get that. Right now, I work for a company with straight typing only, no VR. I am taking a position with a company that has VR and it sounds to me like the position is pre ...

Soon To Be A Nuancer And Am Nervous
Nov 27, 2012

I'm getting ready to have software installed on my computer this week and am having second thoughts after reading the posts on this board.  I'm really upset about the off-shoring that Nuance does and was naive when I applied (I should've checked on the boards first).  I'm not sure if I should back out or give it a try.  The account I'm assigned to supposedly is a new clinic account so everything is up in the air - it'll be straight typing and then mov ...

MT Transitioning Out And Nervous
Jan 25, 2014

Seeking advice from other MTs who are currently in school for another field or have already transitioned out of MT. One semester to go and I will hopefully be prepared to enter a career field that has nothing to do with MT. Problem is, I find myself worrying about working outside the home. I've been an at-home MT for almost 12 years. I have found a new enjoyment being around people in my classes and activities, but I'm so used to the home environment as my workplace. I am ge ...

Webbers, The New Changes Are Making Me Nervous.
Apr 08, 2011

I hate this paranoid feeling like I'm baggage and not part of the team anymore.  Do you think they'll improve communication and it will feel like the old, happy Webmedx again? ...

New Hire - Nervous - What Would It Take For Them To Fire Me?
May 04, 2012

. ...

Applying To SoftScript But Nervous
Nov 12, 2012

Well, I am going to go ahead and apply to SoftScript and I must say I am nervous hearing the negatives about the work, but at the same time if I don't get out of Nuance I will pull my hair out soon. At least I have read a few positives about SoftScript. I have read NO POSITIVES about Nuance. I came in as part of a buyout several years ago and it is scary to think I might be leaving one bad to another bad, but at the same time I think Nuance is trying to push some of us out anyway and I have ...

I Am Already A Nervous Wreck Today
Mar 18, 2014

I know every time the phone rings or I get an Ipswitch email i'm going to have a tiny heart attack lol   The news probably won't come until tomorrow but it's the waiting to determine my whole future that's got me on edge! ...

Nervous Waiting On Tests Results For A Job
Jun 27, 2013

I'm worried I didn't pass it. I pored over it with a fine-tooth comb many times, so if it's meant to be, it will be, and if not, it won't. I am really broke though, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I passed it. Can anyone else relate? ...

I Have A Job Interview Tomorrow At A Hospital And I'm So Nervous
Sep 24, 2014

I have a job interview at a huge hospital tomorrow for a medical records analyst.  I'm very excited that I even got a call for an interview, but I'm also scared beyond words.  I haven't had a face-to-face interview in 12 years and I've become such a hermit that I'm scared to death of going for an interview, driving there, answering questions, etc.  I went back to school, just finished and got my degree, applied for this job and now I have an interview so i ...

Work Comp For Nervous Breakdown LOL?
Feb 25, 2015

I probably shouldn't even be complaining considering how bad most people have it at this company (and I spent 4 years waist deep in the existential horror of ever expanding BoBs and ASR so I know it can be so much worse), but sometimes the little stuff just drives me nuts.  The last three months have been a QA rollercoaster.  In December, I flunked my quality audit.  Oh my god, I put "were" instead of "was."  I can see how that's a critical error.  Hundreds of ...

I Am Enrolling In The Andrew's School Next Week And Am Getting Nervous
Jan 24, 2011

Hi. My name is Suzanne and I am enrolling in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding next week, on Tuesday February 1, 2001 and am getting nervous. I am a medical transcriptionist and I want to know if any thing I have done in the last 10 years, such as medical terminology and anatomy, will help me. Of course I will take that part of the course, but I want to know if that will help. Also, I am most nervous about deciphering the codes. I guess what I am asking is how do I know I will be a goo ...

Anyone Happy At Precyse? Just Started, Kind Of Nervous About Their Platform. NM
Sep 12, 2014

xxxxx ...

I Am Putting In My Paperwork For The Andrew's School For Medical Coding And I Am Nervous
Oct 01, 2013

Hi Friends: My name is Suzanne and I am sending in my paperwork to enroll in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding and I am nervous.  I am nervous because I do know I can do it, but what about my age of 57.  I am too old for studying for this field?  I am a medical transcriptionist and have been for 12 years and I am a fast thinker and learner and I know I can do it, but what about the Affordable Care Act and the jobs being outsourced like medical transcription. Can you ...

I Get So Tired Of Waiting On Work. It Actually Makes Me Nervous Sitting By This Computer
Jun 05, 2014

waiting on reports.  Not sure how to handle this.  I am looking for other work but no luck so far.  Do others find this mentally stressful babysitting your computer. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...